Death is God Tier Edition

Death is God Tier Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu (embed)

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >>>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

>Death is God
yeah before AoS

If Tomb King models had been kept, I would've played them in an instant. I love their aesthetic, particularly over the "generic undead" most Death models have going for them.

My experience against death is limited to tomb kings. The guy deploys them perfectly making them a tough nut to crack. Tomb guard up front in a huge line that can cover a 48 inch wide, ushabti in the center ready to move to threats, skeletons with spears behind the guard, 2 blocks of 20 archers on the left and right flanks and khalida in the middle of them. If there's room he takes a liche priest for righteous smiling. Let me tell you, I feel smited. Righteously.

Steamhead riding eagles

what is your list ? looks like you can go through that easily with 3 Behemot squig, or 3 hurricanum, or 3 moungul, or Shar'tor, Or a tallyband of nurgle or...

Rip tomb kings, the only way death was good :(

>this triggers chaos dorfs

125 players total
22 Death
17 Destruction
38 Order
48 Chaos

If all the factions were equally popular then you would see an even spread. You don't see that because the factions are not equally popular. It has nothing to do with power level and everything to do with peoples preferences in their army.

Death had 22 players and 16 of them (72%) placed in the top half of players.
Destruction had 17 players and only 7 (41%) placed in the top half of players, but also took first place.
Chaos had 48 players and 24 (50%) placed in the top half of players.
Order had 38 players and 20 (52%) placed in the top half of players.

Death was not a popular faction choice, but the Death players tended to get further in the tournament than any other faction. This implies that there are fewer lists for Death, but what people are bringing seems to be working.

Thank you for proving my point that Death is a great army :)

The skeleton models were kinda dated though. Converting them out of vampire counts skeletons with TK shields attached was the way to go even before they got squatted.

They'll come back though. Hopefully with a cool-ass new Settra model or something.

DELET THIS! NAOW!!!!

But serious, has anyone math hammered it out for average wounds caused?

Yes

It depends on the buffs you get

>largest tournament
>Still ignoring that death did not even place top 10.
>WAAC where the most powerful armies are going to be favored.
>Making up "Bu- but if the were averaged ;~;

Yeah but they are not averaged dip shit, saying hypothetical does not prove your point.

>Death is good when a skew the numbers in my favor.

stay mad faggot.

I hope so. The Egyptian look was bangin'.

kys fag

Don't even play this dumpster game since GeeDubs gutted the Tomb Kings. Loving Kings of War, though.

Buff for???

Oh shit I didnt realize we were arbitrarily judging faction power level by only the people in the top 10

I guess Destruction is shit tier too because it only has 1 player in the top 10

You have lost this debate, stop posting

I get the impression you have literally never seen an eagle before.

Tournament players are the worst.

Can't you go play 40k and complain about all the shitty armies in that game?

Death is fine.

I made a better version for you

>Yes, fuck having an entire plot in the works dedicated to elves, right?

so they say... so they say. would love to see anything at all about it, so far nothing.

>I cant accept my army is shit, so im just gonna pretend i won.

Yeah ok faggot other then all the tournoments that are filled with WAAC players hardly ever pick death favoring stronger armies like Chaos and order.

Destruction is weaker then chaos and order, but not as bad as death and it does not have anything to do with the fact death is bad.

Freeguild is buff land, hurricanum etc

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
CHAOS CAN NEVER RECOVER

so we are assuming buffs in the free guild favor, what about a just this unit vs this unit. sort of thing?

wait wait, did not realize the gunners wound on 3s

It is a simple explanation.

Humans only ever aim for the head. That is why they hit less often, but when they do, it is more likely to wound them.

>Destruction is weaker then chaos and order
How does an army place 1st at the biggest tournament of the year if its a bad army?

But that will never happen, who is stupid enough to play Freeguild without buffs?

As a whole, calm down, again, on average, look whoes placing in the top. Its called an exception not the rule. Death winning one does not make them the top rather, look at where they are on average placing.

True true.

And then you're entire gunner line gets wiped out.

FORGEWORLD!

your* but yes, if Shar'tor sneeze in the middle of 90 empire gunman with is one-off ability, 45 of them die

Just look at who WON the event... Destruction won... order and chaos are shit tier.... get over it faggot

Strawmaning it much?

Death is still shit, and you have to try and dodge the argument ;)

So you arbitrarily picking top 10 is okay, but me arbitrarily picking top 1 is not okay?

>It get even better with the prices

>Not even the word Sigmar in the OP

Die you shit

Worst OP ever., no title, nothing

I mean, comparing priceless is kinda dumb since it's an expensive hobby, so people will not really give a shit about that except for poor fags.

Even from a hobby price point of view. if I need 60 gunners, its basically the price of another complete army..
I'm just spending $1500 a year in this hobby so I wont buy fireglaive given their state

Did they ever fix the shit from the original release? I remember doing the numbers when AoShit first dropped, and I could get Imperial Handgunner's to 2+ to hit, 2+ to wound with -1 Rend and a free attack an enemy ended within 3'' of the unit. And then using a once-per-game ability, getting it down to a 1+ to hit.

How depressing that the death of the game I enjoyed made my sub-par fluff list moronically cheesy. Especially since Handgunners are masters of gun kata and keep shooting in combat.

WITNESSED. Chaos dorfs BTFO by our lord kek.

Chaos can't deal with humanity

I've been working on a Sisters/Inquisition army since Imperial Agents came out, but the AoS scene at my GW is so big, it's making me want to focus on it again, but I want to be good to my wallet.

Keep looking at either Death or Stormcast, particularly the latter, although I'm put-off by my store being heavily Order and Chaos.

never head of any combo like that. also as per the first rule of the GHB, a natural 1 is always a fail

Playstyle differences between chaos mortals and chaos daemons?

Chaos deamon are op, chaos mortal are bad except chaos knight with glaives

Why are daemons OP? Summoning and synergy?

>original release
>when it first dropped
I know AoS players ain't the brightest, but you could at least try. GHB did not exist when I ran the numbers the first time. So I guess that just means 2+, 2+, -1 Rend.

Did the GHB also give any reason not to take 40+ man blobs of handgunners in a lump around their General for buffs?

still, i dont remember any 2+,2+. the -1 rend is there as part of the weapon profile.

>Did the GHB also give any reason not to take 40+ man blobs of handgunners in a lump around their General for buffs?
no buff will get you 2+,2+ and handgunner are limited to regiment of 30 as per the GHB

Tallyband of nurgler, and they have actual strong leaders like Bloodthirsters, GUO, Kairos etc.

Disciples of tzeentch will give you a new spin to chaos as it supposedly ally and synergize everything with a mark of tzeentch

so depressed about lack of elves.

gibe decent-looking malekith model

Theyre not

Objectives, mostly.

Hey, I'm just gonna throw this here and hope for some advice. An alternative could be removing the priest (or skrolk, the remaining will still have the right key words for battalion) and a unit of censers (they're actually good in that formation since the effect activates once per unit in there with the exact wording in the tome) and replace them with 20 more monks for the clawpack.

Sorry, wrong image. Here's the right one

as far as Pestiliens go I think theres nothing wrong with your list.
It has the waekness of pestilliens but it should be fun

Bobby?

Don't think it needs more monks? I want to use the furnaces, claws and 40 monks with a priest to guard objectives, while my censers (save for one unit) run around spreading wound smog, while the vlc, skrolk, and 20 monks+remaining censers run screaming towards an objective. I just wasn't sure if 20 was enough or if I had to sacrifice some buffs for more bodies

noob here, what's the best warscroll battalion for stormcast?

warrior brotherhood

whoa, that looks awesome. I've mostly been sticking to Hammerstrike force, but looks like it'll replace that one.

Thanks!

It's like Forgeworld was told to tone down it's armies then gw said ok crank our shit to 11.

Does the shitty GW GUO not have horns anymore

It has 2-3 choices iirc

Hi, are there any rules for Throgg, Chaos Troll King or whatever this dudes name is?

One of my favourite models that I never had the opportunity to buy, seeing him on ebay for over $100 with shipping, anyone know any other place to get him?

Well just found the rules after 2 seconds of digging but I'd still like to know where to find the guy for a not retarded price. Much appreciated.

How tough would it be to convert a unit of 5 wrathmongers from contents in the Start Collecting box?

He has rules on the app. As for availability, i think the mold broke last year so he is getting pretty rare, outside of tomb kings, hes one of the most popular discontinued models. I found one in a store for $45 and snatched it up quick. Check hobby shops that sell gw stuff and you may get lucky but honestly the rules aren't that great

depends how much you can sculpt

made to order chaos will be done soon by GW

Buy a box of wrathmongers you mong

Cheers, I've not been one to keep up to date with GWs business in the last couple of years, what does that mean exactly? Made to order?

gw make batch of out of production models from time to time, look on their facebook and just ask them when the next made to order is

>They'll come back
>Citation fucking needed

Don't worry, Quads of Doubt. They won't give you any citation because Tomb Kings are gone and will never come back. But just buy some new Bonerattler Serpent Spookers, only fifteen bucks a model! And if that's not your style, maybe some Bonerattler Big Boys!

Return us Slaanesh, you little shit!

I don't want a fucking Rat in the pantheon!

Based Chinaman has him, $17.10

>I know AoS players ain't the brightest, but you could at least try
What was the point of saying that?

Tzeentch and more dorfs first, then elves once GW gets around to their Slaanesh update.

free guild hippogryph pistolers (super-heavy flying artillery)

>Slaanesh update

>implying the elves-slaanesh update means both get equal recognition

Give me a new KoS and a couple of battalions and I will be totally fine with it.

is morathi enough?

#MakeDarkElvesSlaaneshiAgain

>Mfw people think its literal degenerate stirmcasts or dwarf

well i think it's Pistoliers unit

>WE

WUZ

I haven't had much time during the move for modelling, and I don't have a station set up for it yet. My chain did arrive though so I sat in a corner sorted out the reins. Incoming awful quality picture because I can't find my camera in all of these boxes.

All going well, I'll be making four of these, with at least a driver and a bowman. What's the opinion on the banners? They look a bit cluttered with three grots smushed on, but would anyone moan if I don't have banners on them because of the Wolf Totem rule?

Thanks anons, you've given my lads the hope they need. Maybe 2017 is the year the strike up the banners and fight in the name of the Lady once more. >:D

Whoops sorry mate.

Can we just abandon this thread and use the correctly named one? It's hard to navigate because OP is a faggot

KINGZ

The mold is broken, hes not coming back.