Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Undead waifu edition.

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. It's not the same universe. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for dwarfed

In scarier news how amazingly difficult is a treeman kit to assemble, I've just begun on the torso with a blutac dry run and holy shitballs. I hope the rest isn't as mind melting

Why does gw shit on all the lore ?

They seem to be around equal with in terms of To Hit and To Wound with the Pyrelock Fyreglaive being more accurate but less powerful than a Freeguild Handgun. That being said, The Pyrelock Fyreglaives also have the Pyrelock Weapon rule to make them arguably more powerful.

Who is best undead waifu?

Genevieve.

Strigoi Ghoul Queens.

Not Canon ;)

Speaking of undead Waifus, I was thinking of converting up a Strigoi Ghoul Husbando. I'm slightly inspired by the stupid crypt ghoul vargheist mixtures GW is advertising, and I am thinging of mixing the vargheist head and body with crypt horror arms. Would this just look stupid, or do you think it could work?

A bunch of human lands are being attacked, and a group of human refugees head towards the nearest Karak to beg for shelter and protection. Would the Dwarves let them in?

For the sake of argument, they can be from any major human civilization - the Empire, Bretonnia, Kislev, or Estalia and Tilea. And they aren't secretly planning to backstab the dwarves or carrying any diseases.

No, because they could be trying to backstab the dwarfs, carrying a disease, planning to rob you, or doing any other kind of manling trickery. Also, why would you let them into your Ancestor's home?

I've been thinking about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and I've been wondering about making the statlines more in line with the tabletop. This would mean nerfing a bunch of things like monsters (Reducing the strength and toughness of a Bloodthirster to 67 for example) and setting stat maximums for everyone: (Man: WS 80, BS 60, S 50, T 40, Ag 70, A 5, M 5,) for example. Is this a good idea or not?

Why?

Isabella

What's the point? Surely it's not that hard to convert between the two.

How big is the group?

Probably, but most likely if they're from the Empire. They'd most likely have to be outside the hold itself, though, I don't think the dwarfs want their homes to become shitholes full of foreigners.

GW really went fucking insane after the 8e Dwarf book.

AoW Dread Harpies are amazing Ghoul Queens.

Swap their hands and legs with Ghouls if need be, but I kind of like the wings. Especially with a Terrorgheist, they look like they are flying alongside rather than awkwardly riding.

They're huge, and a bit monopose.

But if you sculpt new shoulders, it could look nice. You get a pubic mane though, no peen.

Depends on who they are.

If peasants of no repute from a neutral nation, probably just put in a refugee camp in an unused hall with some basic guards and inexpensive food. Eventually they'll leave. Or Skaven will get them, since GW writing keeps races very isolated.

If from an old ally, for example Ubersriek to the Graylings, welcomed.

If pitiable but from a less friendly nation, put under glorified arrest and watched by guards.

If they owe a Grudge, be kept safe but probably forced to work to pay for the hospitality and work off the Grudge. If the lord is unwilling to accept work, told to piss off.

Generally speaking no Dawi are unfriendly to humans as a rule other than the Norse Dwarfs.

Who would expect a schlong on their warhammer model anyways?

Should HK ever be leaving his grave guard bunker? I assume his cloak is for quick escapes, but shouldn't he stay in the unit to buff up Krell and restore some models?

>the Graylings

...the whatnow?

Dwarfs of the grey mountain. Ubersreik have a great relationship with them, with a large population in the city itself.

Playing in a 1500 tournament this weekend, anyone up for a late night list rate?

1500pts

Heinrich Kemmler, Lichemaster Supreme (350pts)

Krell, Champion Reborn (205pts)

5 Dire Wolves (40pts)

40 Skeleton Warriors w/Champion + Standard, (220pts)

40 Zombies w/Standard (125pts)

40 Grave Guard (560pts)
Great Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Barrows

Alright, question-with-no-correct-answer-time.

According to several sources, it costs a lot to attend the Colleges of Magic in Altdorf, although they are forced to accept even the poorest students, because that's their function, after all. This means that nobles are often given preferential treatment and gets better books and robes and shit.

Assuming that an Altdorf street-rat is willing to seek out the Colleges, maybe without being sure exactly where they are (because several of them are hidden) and know that it's expensive and look up even at Apprentices with awe (and fear, obviously);

What would such a person expect it to cost? I'm working on a potential character that may or may not ever be played, and the idea is that it's a street-rat that starts to experience weird stuff. The character decides to start raising money as it's way out of the slums and get help at the Colleges, but is deathly afraid of witch-hunters and the like - even though the witch-hunters are technically required to deliver such hopefuls and uncorrupted to the Colleges or a Magister, the character obviously have no way of knowing this.

If the character can't raise "enough" money by the end of the starting career and go to the Colleges, I was thinking it'd start being a Hedge Wizard and then go to the Colleges after that. I leave the choice of College intentionally open, and will either let the GM decide or roll a dice (or let the GM decide by rolling a dice in secret). Or if there happens to be a Collegiate Magister in the group by then (albeit highly unlikely) it would make a good master-apprentice thing.

How much do you think an Altdorfian street-rat would feel would be "enough" before seriously seeking out the Colleges or mustering enough courage to go tug the robe of a passing mage, coin-purse in hand?

I am fully aware that all the money will be taken by the College, whether we're talking 10 brass pennies or 10 000 gold crowns.

How are they with the Bretonnians? And the Black Mountain(?) dwarves with the Tileans or Estalians?

Ah, fair enough, I thought you were referring to two different kinds of humans seeking the dwarfs out, not a relationship between a specific human-dwarf pairing.

Neferata

>How are they with the Bretonnians?
Bretonnians and dwarfs generally have amicable relations, with a few exceptions. That said, Bretonnia is much, much, much more homogeneous in terms of inter-species relations than the Empire is. Dwarfs are very rare, elves even rarer, and halflings are practically unheard of, even by imperial standards. Also, in Bretonnia, non-humans are treated the same as foreigners anyway, which makes them curious oddities not beholden to any one lord, potentially making them partly above the law, and partly outlaws, which is not a great spot to be in.

So most bretonnians would likely get some form of help, but be regarded as backwards.. well.. peasants. Dwarfs in general probably considers the whole Lady thing that the knight's and nobility have got going as questionable at best, and their idea of honour (i.e. chivalry) as infantile. If I were to make a general judgement on Grey Mountain Dwarf-Bretonnian relations, I'd say "cool but fully amicable". There's expressly trade going on, as well.

>And the Black Mountain(?) dwarves with the Tileans or Estalians?
Black Mountain is along the Border Princes, far away from Tilea and Estalia, but it doesn't make a difference, really; I can't imagine that much was ever said on Tilean-Estalian-Dwarf relations. There are no known holds in the mountain ranges in Estalia.

I would imagine that they are much like the Bretonnian one, although likely a fair bit warmer, especially in Tilea, since they share a common generational enemy in the Skaven. Tilea also has most the The Vaults, a high mountain-range with multiple dwarf holds. Tilean relations are probably a lot more like the Empire's, while Estalian are a lot more like Bretonnia (due to a lack of contact).

>go to local FLGS
>only FLGS in town
>they don't play WHFB, T9A or Mordheim
>they don't even KoW or Frostgrave
>those games are too "complex" and "time-consuming" for them
>anything you have to dedicate time and energy to play is apparently bad
>try to shill Age of Sigmar to me
>I make a veiled "beer and pretzels" snark
>they happily agree it's an awesome game to play with beer and pretzels

what do, /whfb/? I ain't got anyone to play with. My friends moved into other countries, and the ones that left are not interested in wargames whatsoever. I'd even supply armies, I got several, I jsut need someone to play with...

did Bretonnia ever fight with High Elves in fluff?

Basically your character will be in bondage to the college for life, paying off the debt. They'll need to train him but he'll be working off the debt to the college for a long time.

Everything will cost, his education, his clothing, his food. Your looking at thousands and thousands of gold coins over the course of his education.

an illiterate street-rat? I suppose he'd expect the cost to be your immortal soul, or firstborn child, or 13 years of service, or "the last student to leave becomes the slave of the teacher forever", or something along those lines.

Other than that, there might be (should be, in fact) some urban legends about mystical amounts of money that the entry fee costs. Maybe exactly 666 silver pieces, or maybe a hundred pennies takes from graves, or something like that.

I'd separate the skeletons into 2 blocks desu

you lack a hard hitting hammer to your anvils, except for the grave deathstar, but even that would need the help of a side charge and you could use the second block as countercharge for the zombie anvil

pretty risky having only 5 wolves, but the list sounds fluffy for 1500, good luck

wow, it's like modern tuition fee loans! WHFB is so modern-day!

When you say "fight with", do you mean fight alongside, or fight against?

the mixture you describe has become its own unit type in AoS, so judge for yourself

>be Eshin sensei
>hear warpstone meteorite falls on Mordheim
>start assembling warbands to send there
>meanwhile send spies and emissaries to the black markets and mercenary companies to gather rumours and gauge competitions
>as a result of all the talk, mercenaries, chaos worshippers, vampires, everyone, get wind of what's going on
>a whole host of Eshin skaven, Nurgle cultists, undead, Reiklanders, etc, descend upon M-heim and ravage through it
>reports start coming that no warpstone found
>turns all human locale names sound the same to you and you confused Mordheim with Middenheim
>and since you were the source of the rumours, all those mercenaries went to Middenheim too...

that face need square-rimmed glasses to fully become a ghoul hipster

against

you have to file the head and add some spikes here and there but it'd be identicak to TW strigoi ghoul king, since it uses the crypt horror base model too

grimderp warhammer is my favourite warhammer

Gabriella

Does an old frog count?

Not at all, magical education is actually useful.

Fuck-fuck!

Clearly-surely my spy-spies are to blame for this!

>Maybe exactly 666 silver pieces

I like this idea. It ends up at 33,3 gold crowns, too, which is potentially a hefty sum, and certainly an insanely huge amount by a young street-rat's standards.

>Basically your character will be in bondage to the college for life, paying off the debt. They'll need to train him but he'll be working off the debt to the college for a long time.

Well that's pretty much how all the wizards end up, anyway. You're beholden to your College for life, and expected to serve it. Might be hard to become a full Magister, though. So I have absolutely no trouble with that. My character might, not realizing that you sign on for life, is soul-bound to your master, and must follow a lot of rules. After all, all you don't see that many apprentices outside of the Colleges themselves, and the rest are either Journeymen or Magisters, and appear fairly free.

>Everything will cost, his education, his clothing, his food. Your looking at thousands and thousands of gold coins over the course of his education.

"Thousands and thousands" sounds a bit like hyperbole, considering that gold crowns are actually extremely valuable. Clothing and food is cheap, it's the work of the Magisters (that they pretty much have to do anyway) and the books (most of which the Colleges no doubt have, it's not like they can buy them anywhere, and they have Apprentices make copies) that can be considered valuable.

It is said that nobles can pay a lot for tuition and such, but most nobles don't have thousands and thousands of gold crowns. We're still talking a lot, though, obviously. The Colleges of Magic likely charge what they think they can get, and I wouldn't be surprised if tuition is different from College to College (which you potentially have little to no control over, in terms of where you end up).

I suggest you try to find some WHFB magic number though. 666 is too cheesy even in our world by now, and carries zero meaning in WHFB world.

>against
I sincerely doubt it. If there was a conflict between the High Elves and Bretonnia, the Wood Elves and/or the Cult of the Lady would likely intervene or manipulate the events, unless there's some tremendously good cause for the conflict or if the High Elves have fucked things up with the Wood Elves.

I dunno, though, I just can't see how it'd happen. I wouldn't be surprised if there were skirmishes or smaller conflicts based on some form of misunderstanding, or the high elves slighting someone's honour, I guess.

unless it's Gold College, of course
graduation exam is to pay off your debt in one go

Bretonnians have Grail Chapels. I know there are damsels and prophetesses, but are there lay priests at the chapels? Holy days, or relgious sermons? Peasants aren't allowed to pray before battle, but do they worship the Lady at all, or is it only the nobles?

For something so central to Bretonnia, worship of the Lady seems really poorly fleshed out beyond quests. Imagine if Sigmar's worship was only explained as far as the warrior priests and symbols on shields, without the political power or relation to various proviences.

The Bretonnia book for WFRP 2e mentions a Chapel where the priest is a Grail Knight. Damsels seem to be the norm for clergy, but I want to say noblemen can serve in the role, too.

No idea what holy days there are. Probably ones to commemorate Gilles the Unified's victories.

Peasants definitely worship the Lady, or at the very least Grail Knights. However, it seems that the Lady's focus on the nobility leads peasants to instead favor Shallya and Taal.

>666 is too cheesy even in our world by now, and carries zero meaning in WHFB world.

I dunno, it sounds like some ridiculous number the peasants would come up with, and it being cringey in real life only adds to that. It's not like the character would know any of the true magic numbers anyway.

Bretonnia in general is poorly fleshed out, I don't know if you can find more information in their BL books.

In one comic we see the chapel having numerous, simple galleries, wich may imply popular access and sermons.

1/3

2/3

make it 888 then. 8 being the number of Chaos and the reference to 666 will be obvious enough to keep the cringe.

3/3

I can imagine that there are chapels in which lesser nobles and retired knights or even less influential (or particularly pious) grail knights serve as lay priests, yeah, but I don't think it's any kind of formalized church, but more as a functionary fulfilling that role, or acting as the caretaker and protector of that particular chapel or holy site.

8 is khorne, 6 is slaanesh

hm, but the 8-pointed start? and I remember in Ravenor Rogue a chaos guy was commiting ritual killings in various metaphorical 8s (kill 8 people, one stabbed 8 times, another one killed with 8-inch blade, another had 8 children, etc.)

the star has 8 points but I don't remember any source connecting chaos undivided to the number 8 specifically while we know the chaos gods have each a number linked to them
slaanesh has 6 for the 6 sins he favors (on top of the similarity to "sex", I would bet)
nurgle has 7 because 7 are the main illnesses of infants
khorne has 8 for 8 are the directions to wage war towards
tzeentch has 9 for he finds more ways to walk through

skaven and malal are respectively 13 and 11 because reasons (I assume the 13 is for the rat because there's an underlying theme of them inheriting the world after the apocalypse, so after the 12 tolls of the metaphoric bell, or because in warhammer 13 is associate with the end in general or just because it's an unlucky number like 17)

I always liked this comic,

Skaven deserve headpats. HEADPATS!

headpants? why would they need pants on their heads? they are not dwarfs!

are there any other good settings with Skaven/Ratmen as a major and cool race?

Redwall?

do they use mad warptech, frankenstein monstrosities and horrendous plagues to crush their enemies beneath their furry heels there?

No.

There are mad scientist rats in The Secret of NIMH, though. I tend to think it was an inspiration for the skaven.

Honestly, canon doesn't mean a whole lot to me these days after GW ran it into the ground.

yeah, I watched that, but I want moar. I'm trying to scrounge as many takes on Skaven as possible to glean best things for inspiration (and headcanon)

I agree

>slaanesh has 6 for the 6 sins he favours
>nurgle has 7 because 7 are the main illnesses of infants
>khorne has 8 for 8 are the directions to wage war against
>tzeentch has 9 for he finds more ways to walk through

I've never heard this before, so I would love to hear where it's from. I've heard the numbers, and I've seen them referred to, but I've never heard the rationales. I'm not questioning what you say, I'm just genuinely interested where it's from because it sounds cool.

Additionally, what are the 6 sins of Slaanesh, what are the 7 "main illnesses of infants", and how is 9 connected to "more ways to walk through"? Khorne is the only one that is self-explanatory.

>malal is 11
Where is that from, and is there ever a stated reason? Again, not questioning it, I just had no idea Malal ever even had the opportunity to get a number, since he didn't exist for that long and isn't in most material.

>skaven is 13
Want to get conspiratorial? This is conjecture, but the Skaven are arguably originally based on pronounced Jewish caricatures, and the Elders of Zion are supposed to be headed by representatives of the 12 Jewish tribes. The Council of Thirteen is similarly a shadowy cabal with representatives from the 12 Skaven clans, the 13th seat reserved for the Great Horned Rat himself.

That, of course, has very little to do with any in-universe justifications. As far as I know, there is now far more than 12 clans, but the number of ruling seats is still limited to 13.

How fluffy is this mod?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533

Best waifu.

You guys are alright

According to the Strigany Mystic career in Nights Dark Masters, people of Strigany blood gets a -10 Fellowship when dealing with a person of the Empire, for basically being filthy gypsies that lie, cheat and steal. You know, the basics.

Why would this only extend to the Empire, though? Wouldn't this apply to basically everyone from the Old World? I can't imagine that Kislevites, Bretonnians, Tileans, Estalians or even Norscans enjoy gypsies more than The Empire does.

The strigs migrates mostly north, and it was the ancestors of the Empire that tore down their old kingdom.

Volkhmar is Changeling

AoS is too simplified. There's only so many variations they can come up with. I reckon half the units have the same stats with a +1 in one area and a -1 in another.

funny thing, KoW has exactly the same problem

Correct.

I want to unsee this shit...

Makes both dwarves and Skaven based on Jews then.

well, since all humans come from Adam first and from Noah second, all humans are based on Jews, and as extension so are all WHFB races, being expys.

as a cutout that's not half bad. it's the whole ensemble that makes my eyes bleed with black ichor

OY VEEEEEEEY

Brets are seperated by Wood Elves and Athel Loren from contact with Dwarfs.

Start a community. Just show up, offer to run a demo game.

the point is they mostly come from WHFB, they fucking crossed over
Mordheim and KoW they tried but didn't like. Okay, KoW is little different from AoS, apart from model count, but Mordheim!!!

well boys, its 1:30 am, 28 degrees and 99% humidity. I want to be productive and do some modelling but the humidity is death. what can I do to be productive!

seems far too humid to paint, which is a shame. as I've almost completed my entire empire army. Just have 5-6 swordsman, then 18 greatswords to go

I actual have the theory that Skaven are "descent" from the dwarves.

Skaven are to Dwarfs what Elves are to Humans - more agile, intelligent and magically gifted but less tough superspieces.

You in Melbourne Australia maybe? I'm looking to start KOW and Fantasy and would be happy for regular games.

About 20k km in either direction, I'm afraid.

That. Is going. In. The. BOOK.

Any stats for Archeon in WFRP 2e?

whatever. you clear off grudges about as fast as mountains grow. no risk to us.

Khorne finds 8 directions to wage war in, and they are cardinal directions. N NE E SE S SW W NW

Tzeench finds an extra direction. Because magic.