Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Landmarks Edition

Have you ever fought a battle so memorable, that the scholars and kings of that realm write about your exploits for the years to come?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/84
github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/86
docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/alcohol
d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/murk-s-lab/drinking-rules
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For someone who's only played D&D and Dark Heresy, how's Pathfinder compare?

Any groups looking for new players?

Most of the big, climactic battles my group's characters go on are either covert missions from whatever kingdom they work for or personal battles with people that aren't exactly widely known, even if they are big threats.

The fact that so few of us play bards also probably has something to do with that...

There are a few games that are very close to closing applications.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

If you've played 3.5, Pathfinder is like that with some of the clutter reduced. If 3.5 is your comfy messy room, Pathfinder is when you've got company coming so you shove all your stuff in the closet.

You are presented with the following situations, how do you react?

>your GM tells you that the arrangement of several birds in a tree, cracks in the wall and an old man sitting form a perfect representation of the golden ratio. You are suddenly overcome with powerful nausea and need to make a will save. On a successful save you take 1 wisdom damage.

>At night while looking at the stars you are suddenly overcome with the realization of how cold and distant they are. A terrible dread overcomes you. You need to make a will save, on a successful save you take 1 wisdom damage.

>while bathing you begin hearing a distant scream. You realize that no matter what direction you face the screaming is always behind you.

>while alone in a room you hear a tapping from the mirror, there are smudges in the shape on a picture of stick figure at the height a child would draw

>the ogre midsetence begin babbling in tongues and vomits a pile of papers, shredded but covered in words. Reading them you realize they are from your own diary several days from now. They a recursive story of finding the diary from several days onward, you are trapped in the narrative and go unconscious for 1d4 days.

So if anybody here uses Hero Lab, I've got a first pass of the Medic and Spellburst Savant put together. They still have some bugs I haven't fixed yet, though, so I'd appreciate any help with HL wizardry:

github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/84
github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/86

What are we going to do, lads?

What are we going to do when these campaigns are over, and the General is met with silence?

I added a few things to Reina's application that discuss her motivation abit, but I am worried they seem like after thoughts now. Not sure how I should intertwine those better.

Spheres of power: you get one sphere and two talents?

I tell him that this isn't Call of Cthulhu, and that I offered to play that, but he refused to learn anything but Pathfinder.

No. When you gain spellcasting as a class feature you get two talents, which can be spent on a sphere or on things within that sphere.

What do you mean?

Opening a sphere costs one talent and gets you the base abilities.

You get two bonus talents when you first get Casting.

>If 3.5 is your comfy messy room, Pathfinder is when you've got company coming so you shove all your stuff in the closet.
I like this description. You should get a raise, wherever you work at.

I tell him that stealing the plot from groundhog day is pretty funny

I mark off nothing on my sheet, remind him for the tenth time this month that no I'm not cheating, my aegis suit provides stalwart, and that stars are giant fusion explosions utterly devoid of "being cold", and that for the tenth fucking time blue light does not fucking freeze you.

Also we need to find the asshole using ventriloquism magic on us before I start to look for it more violently.

>that last one is obviously some cinematic fuckery since there's not even a save and we're used to time travel by now, he forgot it's not real armor he can steal - again - and I'll reform it - again - when I wake up.

>golden ratio

>With Kraft Mac and Cheese depending on the type of noodle it is normally within the range of 1/7 cup of milk and a maybe half a spoon of whipped butter combined with the full packet of cheese against warm pasta.

>ANCIENT
>MEDICINE

Reposting for the new thread, sorry if that's a bad.

>old man sitting form a perfect representation of the golden ratio
Fucking run from the old man. Fuck the golden ratio and its bullshit. Fuck this.

NEET lyfe.
Actually got a job interview coming up. I'm hopeful.

If I'm using phalanx lancer stance, do I gain 1.5x strength to damage rolls? I ask this, because I still gain the bonus damage from power attack as though I'm wielding the weapon in two hands.

>You will never fall in love with a slutty bandit lass
>You will never make her embarrassed of her past, and try to be the exclusive girlfriend she thinks you deserve

It is too late, you have already been trapped in the old man's rotation.
I hope you remember The Lessons

Who would you seat on the throne of Minkai instead of Ameiko?

For me it's Song Lilin!

>tfw you'll never have a bandit leader lass fall in love with you
>tfw you'll never see her send waves of her own men to their deaths just to find some bauble to please you, to make your work easier, or just because she thinks it'd look good on you while you're plowing her.

Why can't I have games with this is the word of an enemy stando! moments?

>or just because she thinks it'd look good on you while you're plowing her.

>mfw it's a necklace with a minor Enlarge Person enhancement

Best of luck to you, user.

By the by, /pfg/, what is your favorite spell? Not necessarily the most useful one, but one that you just really, really like.

>The Spin
>A Stand
Someone tell this user to eat shit.

>You will never live in a shitty anime designed to fulfill your shitty fantasies.

How could a bandit leader lass possibly maintain a healthy sexual relationship with an adventurer?

Is she purposefully losing to him in battle and then offer herself as a reward?

The only difference between an bandit an an adventurer is the bounty on their heads

Tell him yourself!

Fine!

Eat shit asshole! Fall out of your chair!

If I'm married to the idea of a non-initiator martial class--say, Cavalier--for its support abilities or synergy with another class, how many Martial Training feats would I really need?

I'm considering just going in for two to gain Raging Hunter Pounce, but is that enough, or should I plan to invest more feats?

I'm hungry but it's late at night.

What could I make that would be super easy and super delicious?

PS I drank a little.

Thats where youre wrong kiddo

So how did the Starfinder livestream go?

if I recall, some homebrewer here made an initiating template for Cavaliers and Samurai

>you will never adventure with a reformed bandit lass trying to get on the straight and narrow

IT'S
NOT
FAIR

Grilled cheese.

docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit
Gives up Challenge Benefit and level 2 Order Ability.

but she is trying to get off on it too!

You shag on the weekends, agree to stay out of each other turfs on the weekdays.

>the paladin calls his great sword "The Straight and Narrow
>he also calls his "sword" "The straight and Narrow"

So confusing sometimes

Quesadillas are easy
Alright, you need
>2 tortilla
>some refried beans
>shredded cheese
>Tortilla chips
>maybe some chopped onions and jalapeno slices if you have those ready
>some sliced chicken or turkey

Take a tortilla, and spread the beans on it. Then spread a little cheese, then the veggies or meat, then the tortilla chips, your other veggies or meat if you have it, then spread some cheese. Then take your other tortilla, spread the refried beans on it, and slap it on top.

Then throw that shit in the microwave for 30-45 seconds

Take out and enjoy your ghetto quesadilla, maybe cut it in slices if you want

If you're getting together tortilla, refried beans, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, chopped onions, jalapeno slices, and sliced chicken, is it really that hard to put it in a pan?

>She intentionally seduces the dutiful Lawful character just to feel what it's like to fuck a guardsman.

Have some respect! He was an inquisitor!

It's a two-handed weapon, and therefore gains 1.5x bonus to damage regardless of its handedness. This doesn't mean a large character can use two-weapon fighting with medium greatswords to get 1.5x damage on damage rolls with both weapons, since the rules state in this case they are treated as one handed weapons.

This is the key difference between Pikeman's Training and Phalanx Lancer Stance, because Pikeman's training treats it as a one-handed weapon, while Phalanx Lancer Stance has no such wording. This rule also applies to wielding a lance on horseback, because you are wielding it in one hand, but not treating it as a one-handed weapon.

This is a common misconception that makes people think piercing thunder is way shittier than it actually is. Really it's quite strong.

>put it in a pan?
You don't, you just put that shit together on a paper towel or plate, put it in the microwave, then take it out. No pans or grilling involved, all microwaved, since you are just using shredded cheese.

Its just like putting a sandwich together, except its a floppy tortilla instead of bread

whoops, misread what you meant.

The appeal of the microwave quesadilla is that its fact, you don't need to bother with the stove, and its just quick and easy finger food, so you can take it out of the microwave and take it immediately to your computer so you can eat while posting on Veeky Forums

Right, but I'm saying is it really worth the minute you save if you're ending up with a microwaved tortilla instead of something more evenly heated?

generally, i find unless you have a complete shit microwave, the 45 seconds in the nuker heats it evenly enough

That's actually pretty good--losing the challenge is gonna hurt bad, but it doesn't clash with my other archetype. Thanks.

Also, because I don't always feel like getting a pan dirty and doing dishes afterwords, when a microwave and a paper towel do just fine.

Mostly because I'm the one in the house who has to do the dishes each morning, and I'd rather not add to my own workload while everyone else piles the sink up

Wait FUCK it requires a mount.

>Tfw you eat all your food at your computer

I am scum.

>Half-orc Inquisitor seduced by the Elvish bandit

Gotta ask, is losing Challenge really worth it?

You don't lose challenge, you just lose the order specific benefit of your challenge. So Order of the Dragon Cavalier doesn't give a bonus on attack rolls to his allies.

Seems like this homebrew is a little...let's say "lopsided". Adding a mount-specific thing while allowing for the removal of a mount--how would that work if you've taken an archetype that replaces the mount?

You don't lose All of your challenge, you still have your extra damage, from the challenge itself, you just lose the adjustment to Challenge your Order provides.

Well, its doesn't quite "require" Mount by RAW, its just a few of its abilities will just not work without it. You still get the Initiating though

S'kinda poor design m8

So would Mounted Maneuver Expertise then work with just any horse or other mount you get your hands on?

>how would that work if you've taken an archetype that replaces the mount?
The mount based ability just wouldn't activate unless you get a mount from a different source. You still get essentially all the other things though

Considering most of the archetypes that remove Mount aren't that great and tend to be combat based, I'd say still getting the initiating is still a gain.

It's still shit design. Dont give dead abilities.

>So would Mounted Maneuver Expertise then work with just any horse or other mount you get your hands on?
That does not seem to be the intention, but I'd allow it.

So I was asking my DM about how he's handling drinking rules (since eventually I'll dip in Drunken Brute or Drunken Rager) and he gave me a choice between these two.

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/alcohol

d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/murk-s-lab/drinking-rules

The first rules he's stated I'll immediately get sickened if I go over that cap, and the second rules I won't get a Dex benefit from "Stage 1".

So which do I go with? I mean originally I was just going to drink to mitigate having so few rounds of rage, but now I can get much more from it...

Seneschal guy here. Thank you for the criticism and comments. I have entered a sidebar type thing into the document to address this issue.

If you think this is stupid, please tell me so right now, and please give me any other ideas you have for it.

PLease keep in mind I designed the template to be an on-interferance as I could so it could be compatible with many archetypes such as the Luring Cavalier and Beast Rider. If this was a dumb decision as well, please tell me that too.

what do you boys think of the last minute rotjr apps?

They run the gamut from interesting enough that I wish they'd had time to be memed to making me feel annoyed.

>dragon game will never be memed as hard as RotJR

You say that like it's a bad thing.

would it be too much to ask which apps invoked which opinion?

Because rotjr had like what four months to dragongame's one?

Eh, i say its had a healthy enough amount of meme

>scrolling through listings
>find that colt .45 wielding, gas mask wearing medic guy applying to a bunch of games
oh lord

We obviously need to fix that problem then.
Who's the most memeable character from dragongame?

Holy SHIT that's a lot of last minute applicants!

Time to finish mine up, fuck!

It really would, I think

>Want to app
>Too afraid my app won't get accepted due to inferior writing/backstory/not making a waifu

Fear is the mind-killer.

You must always go into writing an app thinking you're better than at least half of the bastards applying.

I think one of them is an Arcanist||Cleric with 8 wis.

You're right. I'll counter the walls of text with my lack of walls.

>int for arcanist spellcasting
>cha for arcanist and cleric class features

no room for wis

Transplant Visage. You literally rip somebody's face off and steal their appearance to use for yourself.

Then don't
gestalt
with cleric?

>Class features
What class features could possibly more important than your spells?

>increased BAB
>increased fort save
>channel energy
>some bullshit domain powers

It's not like arcanist gets weaker by gestalting with cleric

Except you have no Wisdom to cast the spells that are the strongest aspect of being a cleric. Why not try Paladin instead? It gets channel energy, and it can put your Charisma to better use.

Arcanist isn't lacking in power. Arcanist/commoner gestalt is fine. Who cares?

Just use Oracle. You get Cleric casting off of Charisma, and you still get increased BAB, channel energy and some other crazy bullshit if you wanna be OP as hell.

>cleric
>class features
What the nani?!

Okay, there's "I'd rather not order the steak because that's not what I like", where you don't want to play a spellcaster/initiator/whatever and then there's "I've ordered this expensive lobster and now I'm going to throw it in the trash because fuck you."

Guess which one your choice sounds like.

probably the dragon maid

How many apps is RotJR up to now?

34, unless I miscounted.

So why didn't you apply to RotJR with an Arcanist||ZS Warder?

Who?

Zev