What dungeon lies beyond this door?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And why is this NPC dangerous?

And what is this encounter like?

A dessert, where the decayed corpse of a giant sand worm has been taken as shelter by band of 40 enterprising theives.

those trees are 100 feet tall.

A giant orange fish.
Lots of poison daggers hidden int the folds of their clothes.
Dear god, that shit's creepy.

Looks like a desert. Planeshifting, here we come!

Those dark clouds are actually smoke, from a nearby city her army has destroyed.

Those little fae creatures have tricked other before into their little game, but now you have to find out what it is, and how to stop it.

DO DO DO DO DO DO

>What dungeon lies beyond this door?

Only one way to find out!

She's a walking magnet for eldritch horrors who are constantly pursing her and anything that associates with her: I mean, she's not a pleasant person herself, but it's not like she'll actually murder you for now reason. She also has a bomb planted in her neck that is rigged to set off at a randomized interval.

The child is actually a dire wolf masked by a clever illusion. He is also a bard, and likes to spam Vicious Insult.

How is this the boss "monster"?

A corrupted dryad who wields the enchanted corpse of a child as her main 2H weapon.

What're they? And what are they doing in this dungeon?

It's your spouse and kid. Having tried to use 'dungeon-crawling' as a way to escape from your familial obligations, you are once again faced with your own neglected family.

Why was getting here worth it?

Both of these.

The Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn nymphs.

They set up the dungeon as a test to find those worthy of taking up the mantle of defenders of the natural world (and to be their waifu/husbando).

Blue amazon xeno pussy.

How did this encounter fit in with the rest of the dungeon?

That's how you enter. The neon pink water eats at your memories.

That acapella theme was probably my favorite part of these. God damn you I don't feel like playing through all of Mario Sunshi--fine.

Well, nobody but the loony warlock remembers the experience soooo...

OHAIYO!

Then what about the door in OP's post?

It's the exit at the end of the forest.

Or maybe just "an" exit.

>A dessert

Arabian Nights Pyramid it seems.

A person of royal status alone in the wilderness is fishy enough as it is.

If the PCs fail, then they become the next faries to aid the Strawman and its Lure to sleep, while also attain a replacement to finally reach eternal rest.

Flower parasites.

They were the hopes of a group of people long lost in time.

Returning home to one's family is trully the treasure of adventure.

The jailor is the key.

I know enough not there go through strange doors.

scp-wiki.net/scp-432

Known only as "The Doll in the Bed", it is being of malevolent design.

In the dead of night, young children will hear a wondrous, soothing song, emanating from their room's door. Upon opening, their house has been replaced with a great, magical forest that the young child is compelled to explore.

When the child reaches the centre of the forest, the song ends. They find a small, purple bed with a large, soft yellow doll tucked in. At this point they are completely entranced. Tired from all the exploring, they get into bed and fall asleep. The last thing that they remember is the doll's arms wrapping around them in a warm embrace.

Narnia.

A vampire.

Alice in Wonderland.

A childs bedroom, your world is a Narnia equivalent. Can you navigate the lego-bricks, avoid tripping the night-light and slay the dungeon boss without waking the dog or setting off the burglar alarm?

The PCs are hired by a concerned mother and father. Their city has had a number of children disappearing lately without a trace and, after hearing the legend of the Doll in the Bed, they believe that their daughter is next.

If the PCs wait in the room, they will eventually hear the song. If they fail a Willpower roll, they are entranced. Stepping through the door, they see the same forest from the legend. However, with the power of magic, they can dispel the illusion, revealing a dead forest with blighted earth.

At the centre of the forest, they find the bed. If the illusion is broken, the party seens the corpses of little children who've fallen asleep and never woken up. Some are skeletons, some are being picked apart by flies and maggots. A couple of children are still alive, but malnourished.

The Doll in the Bed says nothing but, if the party is not entranced, it fights them, using a combination of necromancy and illusion magic. It's a difficult fight but eventually the Doll flees.

Clues around the bed reveal the name of the doll's owner, a now-elderly magician that once gave his favourite doll sentience but eventually threw it out in an attempt to seem mature for women. The Doll in the Bed used the keep the magician warm and cozy in bed, and that's all it wants to do but all the children that it sleeps with to fill the void keep dying. The PCs, perhaps with the Magician's help, can either destroy the Doll once and for all or find it a companion that will stay alive and asleep for eternity.

i dont know why but i want to stick my hand in it

That sounds like a terrible dessert

Kill him and you will be free

Looks like Demeter and Persephone to me. I'd image Demeter will be pretty angry about the eventual loss of her daughter.