Warhammer 40,000 General

Never made a general before edition

>previous thread
>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values STOP FUCKING ASKING
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (don't tell the clowns we found our way back in here)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

first for commorragh

when is the next TTS episode coming out?

The rule that disallows FnP against D is under the FnP rule itself.

these ultramarines are really nice, but why aren't they based?

It's fresh asphalt bases.

Because now Matt Ward is working for GW again Ultramarines are back to being the most based chapter regardless.

Retrying my question.

Reminder that if you airbrush to take your time with intermediary colors for smooth blends and use actual lighting, not pillow shading. An airbrush is a tool, not a magic wand. It does not replace your brush.

ORKS HIT LAST, BUT DEY HIT DA 'ARDEST

>S3
>AP -
>No Rending

Nah.

always bikes

you take rhinos if you want your squad to shoot out the top hatch and you take razorbacks if you want free heavy bolters

alternatively you can heavy firepower on top of a razorback and use it for cheap extra anti-tank shots

>4 str 7 attacks on the charge at i3

Rhino if you're going grav/combi grav.
Razorback if you're going melta/combi melta.

Attack bikes are way more durable and is more flexible.
But land speeders get you more multi-meltas for your points.
Depends if you want offense or defense.

>4 str 6 AP 5 Rending attacks on the charge at I4
>for 11 pts
>Potentially has Hatred and/or Furious Charge just from my HQs being within 12"
>Potentially has additional +1 Str and Rage and/or opponent is at -1 WS -1 I -1 A from psychic powers

>free
It's basically 20 points + your fire points + your storm bolter for a twin-linked heavy bolter.

Razorbacks are pretty meh compared to the rhino unless they're free or blood angels.

23 points with a 6+ save.
27 for 4+
50 for 4+ T5 and bike mobility

It hurts me when orks get compared to other factions

They are pretty good with the whack-a-marine formation.

nobody in this thread can paint bud, i gave up trying years ago

Don't really have much plan other than getting in the opponents face and start pulling triggers. Will probably 10 man Rhinos and use the Tacticals for chaff removal and have the Bikes/Landspeeders deal with tanks.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

How hard would it be to make a Warband based around Talos' "Fuck chaos, but fuck the imperium" mindset?

I paint.
I can't paint well but I still paint.

How crazy would a combi plasma/melta be on a 5 man BA squad jumping out of a razorback, a squad that wants to charge but knows it can't that turn?

Undivided, bring vehicles with the hatred chaos legacicies of war.

I paint. I have a long way to go, but I paint.

Just started assembling pic related.
AFAIK i can only take one of either heavy flamer OR soulreaper cannon.

Which one should I glue on? (i could magnetize them, but one arm would be without shoulderpad.

You mean a night lords or alpha legion warband?

There are rules for it, nobody is forcing you to take marks but using some chaos shit is unavoidable.

soulreaper cannon isn't that great

>vehicles with the hatred chaos legacicies of war.

Night Lords are undivided by default, but I have no idea what this is.

Night Lords, of course.

What is unavoidable?

I have a few questions about Psykers. So I have 3 Primaris Psykers in my army and I want them all to choose from the Divination powers. Since I've upgraded them to Mastery Level 2, I get to select 2 powers. I'm not sure I'm fully understanding this. I get to roll for 2 powers on the same table, but because I chose both powers to be from the same table I automatically know the Primaris Power in addition to those 2 powers, right?

Also, since they are ICs, can I roll their powers and then decide which unit to put them with?

r8

On the most basic level, having to challenge, and having a chance to turn into a Daemon prince because of it.

Meant Legacies of Ruin
Basicly veteran vehicles.

Yes

Yes and yes.

Ah, yea. Seems a bit silly, but oh well.

Still have no idea what this is.

Flamer... The price is right. Will help you not get assaulted yo

Lovely, thank you.

>Meant Legacies of Ruin
Which are?

It's a forgeworld thing. Basically special upgrades you can give to a single vehicle in your force, most often a bonus against a specific faction.

Source the book it's from, then, faggot. Don't just talk about some FW splat thing like it's common knowledge, very few people play with that stuff.

Veteran upgrades to vehicles in a chaos army 1/1k

>very few people play with that stuff.
My meta must be pretty ahead of the curve because near everyone uses SOME forgeworld

It is common knowledge to anyone making a serious effort at thematic CSM lists.

I'm not even the guy who suggested it. I was just trying to help since you'd never heard of it.

Maybe stop being an ass to people giving suggestions and advice?

Then any one of those people should be able to cite the rulebook it's in.

With my Tartaros I glued the shoulder pad onto the torso with a little and stuck magnets inside to solve this problem. 5mm or 6mm work well if you get the ones that are thin so you don't need to drill them in.
I did this for all the BoP Tartaros.

IA XIII

Shut the fuck up user that looks great. Don't put yourself down.

>Maybe stop being an ass to people giving suggestions and advice?
Saying "take this random thing that's in some Imperial Armour splat which most people haven't heard of" without even saying the name of the book they need to look up isn't a helpful suggestion.

it's some obscure bullshit from IA:13 appendix that most people dont play with and you wont be allowed to use in tournaments

Google exists.

Thank you.

I'm not going to waste my time googling some fringe FW shit, if someone can suggest it in a thread then they can take the two seconds to explain what and where it is.

Ok,
wasn't me. Just to be clear.

We all have to start somewhere.

WGAF about tourneytrash?

A lot more people than who give a fuck about Forgeworld desu

Imo soulreaper aint worth it on scarabs when it's replacing the lovely twinlinked ap3 bolter you have. Pure that or heavy warpflamer.

The lack of additional shoulders was a calculated, dick ass move, but i found I could still magnetize by glueing the one shoulder pad's edge to the torso instead of the arm. Try it.

>Fringe

It's literally the CSM Forgeworld book.

Well, thanks. I'm not putting myself down, but there's a fair bit I need to work on like highlights.

There are like 3 different FW books with Chaos shit, plus all the other supplements and dataslates they have.

Someone new to the Faction can't be expected to immediately know what random shit you're talking about. I've been playing 40k for 20 years and I had no idea wtf you were talking about.

If 6 swooping hawks intercept a flyer or FMC how many attacks do they get? i'm not sure if it's affected by the grenade faq since it doesn't say it's a grenade attack despite it obviously being so

bait, here's something i did a while back

Thanks for tips fellow anons! Fast and helpful response :3

Yeah. If only there was some sort of site that could allow you to look up strings of words in order to find more information about something you didn't know.

Oh well, I guess spoonfeeding is fine too.

All VotLW are relentless (including oblits), stealthed past 18" targeting, rerollable 1's for FNP, a declared Obliterator unit can make two turns of shooting but are forced to swap weapons as normal. The Nurgle primaris is pretty amazing against riptides/wraithknights, gives the model Gets Hot. The obliterators have a pretty heavy tax for still only shooting their lascannons once per volley but they're really resilient. More resilient than lascannon havocs in rhinos that also have relentless, I'm not sure which I'd rather have. The availability of multiple heavy weapons on the oblits may be the tipping point.

I don't even play tournaments, I'm just saying that if you're trying to squeeze the cheese out of some obscure FW shit, don't bother because it won't help you in actual WAAC scenarios.

Since everyone is sperging out about this, I'll give a brief synopsis of what Legacies of Ruin actually are
>appendix of forgeworld supplement IA:13
>there is a section called Legacies of Ruin that allows you to take one Legacy per 1000 points in your army. they all relate to vehicles
>most of them are shit, the only one I even remember is the one that lets you give a tank outflank (and fear but pfff)
>you don't need anything special to take these rules, they are just there for you to use in any army. which is sorta weird if you're just like "hey imma use this random free buff from this obscure book that I have" but whatever

That's it. There just freebie special rules you can tack on with no real relation to anything.

They still get 6, the attack isn't a grenade attack and doesn't follow the same rules.

>use in any army

any chaos space marines army, in case that isn't obvious

Ain't free tho

Oh yeah I just remembered they do cost points. The outflank one (it has Maelstrom in the name like Lord of the Maelstrom or something) costs 15 points.

> Don't spoonfeed people
> They should just google everything
> They shouldn't ask questions here, they should just use google
> They shouldn't ask for other people's thoughts, they should just google everything

If you're just telling people to use google what's the point of even having a discussion thread?

>anti FW fags so butthurt they have to resort to openly lying about FW stuff
You 'tards are always good for a chuckle.

To ask questions not readily answerable in google.

Lurk moar, pay attention, read the rules youself, read FAQs, google shit you don't get, THEN ask.

That's how I was taught to Veeky Forums

it might not even be that easy to google these specific forgeworld rules and exactly what they do anyway because they're relatively obscure

I hate this retarded "spoonfeeding" meme because it's abused. if somebody asks you for help for something, helping them isn't automatically spoonfeeding. it's called having this weird fucking thing called a "discussion", I know the autistic mind has trouble understanding such a thing. spoonfeeding is going unnecessary lengths to explain something that is a waste of time since the person would be better served finding out the usual way. in this case "hey where can I find this special rule" and "hey it's in X supplement" isn't spoonfeeding, it's answering a damn question. faggots on image boards like Veeky Forums, /g/, etc. like to call helping people "spoonfeeding" to be smug about their l33t knowledge that shouldn't be easy to obtain according to them

With this circlejerk about FW
How about we rate a list including forgeworld

Having a semi waac tourney at my local gw
How is my list?

Also, what's better, Farsight data cards or Tau data cards?
Farsight one looks more fun imo, leaning towards it.

You were taught wrong.

Exclusionary spergs are the exact opposite of what a niche hobby needs to survive.

yes, we really need normies and casuals to diversify it, and make it accessible

just like vidya games

Hey guys I was thinking about running an all-skimmer/jet infantry/jump infantry Eldar allies army. I did it before at 1000 points, asked Veeky Forums before doing so, and received approval. I want to make sure I'm not being too much of a huge faggot for casual games though, it's hard to judge Eldar/Corsairs and know how they'll do against others. Would you play against this? (shortest possible army list incoming)

>A bunch of jet pack Corsairs; some with flamers, some with CCWs and combat drugs, and some with fusion guns
>2 Pulse Laser Hornets and a Warp Hunter
>Eldar Aspect Warriors formation with 2 Warp Spiders squadds and a Swooping Hawks squadron
>Dark Eldar Allied Detachment of an Archon + 4 Incubi in a Venom, Venom Warriors, and Scourges with Haywire Blasters

So in total it's 2 Venoms, 2 Hornets, a Warp Hunter, and a bunch of jet pack dudes. Is it going to be balanced or will I accidentally either get 100% BTFO or 100% BTFO everyone else.

exclusionary spergs belong on Veeky Forums

"hey how do i thin m,y paidnts" belong on dakka/reddit/flgs and are, as you say, essential to the survival of a niche hobby, but i come here for quality discussion which i guess is fucking insane in a way because I haven't seen any of that for a good year, just "WHHDAT IF ORKS HAD S8 BASELINE FOR FREE LOL"

Right.
We need to include more people unwilling or incapable of reading and understanding the rules.

> Anyone who isn't as autistic as me is a normie/casual

Making the game "more accessible" is the reason Games Workshop is actually posting a decent profit lately. If you want to play an arcane game that is hyper-exclusionary that no one gives a shit about than I suggest you stop shitting our thread up and go here

>2000+17
>quality discussion in /w40kg/
Yeah, would be nice.

I honestly have better discussions with more depth and reason in /wip/ than any 40k general for the past year or so. Mostly just use the general for just getting some (mostly worthless and unreliable) opinions on lists or hot topics as well as leaks these days.

Fuck sorry for all the typos, I am very tired. Would appreciate any thoughts though.

The plan is basically for the vehicles to all be distraction carnifexes that the enemy either ignores (and gets hit with serious fire power from) or kills them on T1 and lets the infantry close. Between the various types of units, the jetpack guys can effectively deal with almost any threat (eg. Hawks can take out fliers, numerous sources of haywire and melta, flamers, CCW dudes).

Also I forgot to mention all the Corsairs are in a sky burners coterie and have pistols. Most of them start in reserves.

>don't bother because it won't help you in actual WAAC scenarios.
You seem to not have ever met Chaos Knight with 2++ save.

As a Chaos player you should at the very least familiarize yourself with IA 13. It's all Chaos and includes almost all the important FW Chaos stuff.

Without a Seer Council or Wraithstuff I don't think anyone will take issue with it.

Also check out the updated version of Siege of Vraks. Although its mostly Renegades of Vraks, they contain some small bits for CSM too.

So then we can save the thread for, what, dank 40k memes?
Tau hate?
Shitposting?

Lol kiddo take your ligitmate questions elsewhere were talking about Orks being a melee race her
>I2
HA HA HA

Holy fuck I keep forgetting how cheap crisis suits are.
Yeah man looks really solid, not really convinced that the fighters are terribly points efficient because
> interceptor
But other than that it could use some more pathfinders, just so they dont all get wiped out

The Ultramarine campaign on Blackus Plasticus VII still rages, user.

>he's from /v/
Oh, that explains everything.

Shoo /v/ermin, shoo!

Discussion, experiences and combos not commonly found.

The shit Google doest not lend itself to.

Just look up any ITC tourniment if you want good army lists.
Start a fucking blog if you want to talk about your 'experiences'.
Don't ask questions about the game, that's more suited to google.
And don't sperg about home brew or fan codexes, that shit is pure reddit.

Now, with that in mind, what did you want to discuss?

guys i want to play spase marens what should i buy

my.local gw says they're strong, what's so good about bs4

pls be nice and not toxic and exclusionary

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, friend

Noone said "don't ask questions at all", just use google first and see if theres a FAQ that pre-empts you.

None of that is compatible with any of the TL formations except dreadclaws, which is funny because they're widely regarded as being terrible.

There's still going to be some super hidden secret formation for BTs in Gathering Storm, right?

They'll get an independant formation to help their Crusader squads, r-right guys?

Right?

Why are GW such a bunch of jews?
Why do i have to buy three boxes of devastators to have heavy weapons for all 10?