What's with adventurers going barefoot?

What's with adventurers going barefoot?

Don't they get cold?

That's how you get hookworms.

It doesn't even make sense from a footfag perspective. Footfags like girls with soft, cute feet (right?) but girls who walk around barefoot all the time will get horrible callouses so they don't bleed to death every time they step on a sharp twig.

Magic bitches.

Its not an adventure without frostbite

The same as with them going out in armored high heel boots, armors with exposed midriffs and tits basically hanging out of their shirts. iron skirts that in no way cover up their panties and thighs etc...
It's a combination of pseudo-historic sensibilities (people did not wear shoes as commonly as they do today in the medieval era, shoes were a luxury and were not worn daily by lower social strata up till 19th century and the advent of factor-made productions...) and aesthetic sensibilities usually glorifying the beauty physical body, combined under artistic license.
It feels vaguely historic but also allows to look pretty and nimble and shit and appeals to people more than actual logic or historical sensibility. Which is basically a staple approach to fantasy these days.

Do you really want to /thread the thread so early?

Yeah. I'm not very fond of these weird circlejerk threads where people ask a question but then just use as an excuse to say random nothing. That said, I highly doubt the thread ends here - there will be no doubt at least several hours of people dumping foot fetish appealing fantasy art anyway.

That's a druid user. And an elf to boot.

There's no understanding their crazy ways.

something something closer to the earth something something slightly damp grass feels fantastic something something

But user, these are the threads you wanted to kick quests out for aren't they?

Not really. I sure as fuck don't miss Quests, but token threads like these are not what I thought the space could be used for.

I used to rarely wear shoes. Better for your feet, desu. You get used to the cold and stuff pretty quick, and callouses don't take long to develop.

How curious that kicking out people who created content resulted in them not bothering to create content on a board that kicked them out. Did you really think the only thing they posted was quests?

Elf feet are strong, Joe Rogan.

False equivalence.

>Did you really think the only thing they posted was quests?
A lot of them, yes. And those who had not still can and many of them do post here: they just don't post quests or participate on them here. It's really not that difficult. The board sure as fuck has not gotten worse for it too. Seriously, after the initial hiccups and weird resistance and butthurt of the Quest participants, the board normalized again with mostly the same quality of content as before, but better distribution of attention...
I'm not sure where this is supposed to go through or how it relates to the original nature of the thread. If you want to get into one of those weird "Quests should have never been removeds" bullshit arguments, I don't really feel like it, and it seems off-topic and rude who ever made this thread.
As this guy said, it's largely a false equivalence that I was merely humoring, but I'm not in a mood in two hour dead-end argument about quests.

How curious that kicking out people who posted off topic threads led to more on topic threads.

Anything is better than quests.

To be honest, the problem with Quests was not that they were off-topic. In fact they were frequently more on-topic than half of what you see around here these days.
The problem was how they affected what you could call "prime real estate of attention" on this board. They hogged large portion of page one consistently, resulting in suffocation of smaller threads with lower post frequency. Made discussion on wide variety of subjects more difficult. That was the ultimate argument against them that eventually convinced the mods to move them.

>To be honest, the problem with Quests was not that they were off-topic. In fact they were frequently more on-topic than half of what you see around here these days

They were not on topic. This is a board about traditional games.

Not for play by post forum games.

>Not for play by post forum games.
Play-by-post is a type of traditional (non-digital) roleplaying games, to which considerable portion of this board is dedicated. Meanwhile, we tolerate storythreads which are amateur author discussion and sharing places tied together losely by the fact that authors are mostly traditional-games fans, threads of photos of interesting real-world locations and discussions about footware or fetishes for monster-girls.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not advocating return of Quest threads, I think moving them was a right choice and I've advocated it in the past. I'm just saying that "they are off-topic" is not actually sufficient or correct reasoning for their removal, because it can be easily countered, by merely saying "we tolerate much more off topic threads with ease, so what gives?"

>armored high heel boots
Heels were invented and used by armored knight.
>armors with exposed midriffs and tits basically hanging out of their shirts
Pic related is an historically accurate armor
> iron skirts that in no way cover up their panties and thighs
Ever saw a roman legionary armor ?

Maybe you should take a course of history or two before talking out of your ass.

>Heels were invented and used by armored knight.
Not even remotely true: high heels were around since fucking dawn of footware because people liked to keep away from dirt. The heels on shoes we KNOW were invented by riders (not necessarily on knights) but they were not "high heels", they were relatively low platforms not different from what you see on todays formal shoes.

>Pic related is an historically accurate armor
Not an armor: showpiece. This is what gladiators wore, not what soldiers actually wore into battles. Also, not everything you wear into a battle is an armor: Gauls allegedly fought in nothing but a bit of bodypaint, but we don't call that armor either.

>Ever saw a roman legionary armor ?
Yep. Those things actually covered you well to the knees, at which point armored legwear started to protect you.

>Maybe you should take a course of history or two before talking out of your ass.
Maybe if you weren't contrarian for sake of being contrarian this discussion would be worth anything. Instead you are pretending to be an idiot to antagonize people because of some deeply seated insecurity there. Fun post though.

They're so seasoned or have some kind of traits, the skin on their feet is harden. Also, its their adventure, they take whatever they fancy and what seems to fit their kind of fighting style. Some people can't even handle shoes.

You can't use your near bloated body logic to the body battle hardened adventurers.

If they are monks or a race with cold resistance then why not?

>Not liking hardened, dirty feet
Bah, cleanfags

I like both, but dirty and hardened feet are better imo. I'm probably in the minority with that.

Still waiting for more pics.

What do they call those kind of under foot covering?

Just "wrappings" I think

A race of dainty soft woodland ramblers would have extra reasons to adhere to Granny Weatherwax school of footwear.

Jesus socks.

patrician taste

This is just a meme. No PC ever goes barefoot in games, it's just shitty fap art like yours. Fag.

Admittedly, I played a couple of characters that went barefooted. But this is only because either they came from wild societies (and eventually caught on the whole 'wearing boots'), or they had at very least a VERY tough skin that a leather boot would had proven to be softer than their skin.
I frankly wouldn't do a barefooted character if it wasn't tough enough for it, or if its main method of movement is flying (think of fairies or whatever).

These things?

[Spoiler]Yeah, those.[/spoiler]

I think barefoot characters are mostly for beast races,druids,wood elves, and some other nature shit.

Didnt we already have a thread on this last month but it was worded better asking why characters would use those under foot covers over shoes/

without / just: spiler

I don't know, because they want to miss out on the +3 dex from the slippers of agility. What's the point of gear slots if you don't use them for anything?

No such thing as gear slots. Only attunement slots.

This

If they have some sort of reason being barefoot is alright

I can never tell who's genuinely autistic these days and who's just working really hard to pull off the ruse.

>tfw this thread is my exact fetish

I absolutely love the idea of a girl that just does everything as she normally would but barefoot, especially when they wear I hate that it's hard to find this shit without all the NNNNNNNG ME WANNAE SUCKLE FYOUR TOES MMFFFTHAT AROMA footfag garbage.

I'm dumping because autists got the thread really off topic. My folder is massive but kind of shit because there's almost no good art.

Yes

Continue I have the exact fetish of this I prefer it subtlety where artists do with feet in your face

Wow my folder is 8 times as shitty as I thought it was. Can barely find anything tasteful and vaguely Veeky Forums related.

I got this

but I like you I have alot of shit not Veeky Forums

...That's not Musashi, is it?

Please tell me that's not Musashi.

>tfw my worldbuilding setting is specifically built to enable this bullshit

I have no fucking clue.

Fucking footfags.

Although, I find stirrup stockings incredibly hot for non-footfag reasons.

>he honestly thinks the bodies of fantasy women reflect their lifestyles

Get a look at this guy.jpg

I dont think being a foot fag to like stir up leggings is required they just look nice and exotic

My preferred approach to silly fantasy armor is to create an environment where it's justified rather than ignoring or not using it. People go barefoot more often because the world is very low in diseases and parasites and in many places the ground doesn't get extremely hot. Most societies are too weak and underdeveloped to produce shoes for everyone and some it's just not in fashion and is as uncommon as wearing gloves in the summer.

Skimpy or huge impractical heavy as fuck armor is that way because magic works off of a sort of rune system, where the shape of the armor itself makes it have magical properties that are usually more effective the more retarded the armor is. This creates a cost vs benefit scenario that many culture's fighting styles are shaped around. In addition to this, many magic spells create lots of heat, so dedicated spellcasters need loose robes or bikini-style clothing in order to keep themselves cool. I take in all the effects of this, sometimes you get an old man in magical speedos, sometimes you get a cute girl in a wizard burka, sometimes you get a half naked hot girl and sometimes you get an old wizard in robes and a pointy hat..

Lillith count?

Although she does it since shes a giant show off fighting nurgle barefoot must be nasty

That's exactly my point.

This shit is 90% of the reason I used to play World of Warcraft.

Dota 2 Windrunner is superior to Slyvananas

N-Nissa?

Aside from that image, what adventurers actually go barefoot?

Primitive adventurers, Paleolithic to chalcolithic, maybe?

The Zulu soldiers during the Anglo-Zulu War purportedly stamped on thorns to toughen the soles of their feet, as Shaka considered footwear to be an impediment to speedy travel.

In a microgravity environment (Eclipse Phase and such), a person could have orangutan feet and clamber about, wielding four swords or some shit.

I'm not attracted to feet in any way, but I do find them interesting from a biology viewpoint.

The artist that made this paints with a fucking mouse for some reason and even though he's got potential everything fucking sucks.

>tfw have this kind of art
>its all weeb shit or semi lewd

thanks anons

As a footfag I don't think I've ever given the particular state a lot of thought, it being more about the visual. Do think I have more of preference for the natural, but also find doing a little fixing up fun.

Dirt can be nice for accentuating and contrast.

Souji Okita

Yoga socks.

Who are these semen demons?

>not knowing the glory of bare feet

Going barefoot isn't even uncommon these days, and the idea of feet getting "cold" really comes down to environment. Here in the North Island of NZ, folks still frequently go barefoot everywhere. Why? It never really gets very cold, most of our streets are pretty clean, and we spend a lot of time on grass or at the beach. Kids play barefoot all the time and many of us prefer being barefoot even in adulthood. It's culturally acceptable and even when we don footwear, a lot of the time it's just a pair of jandals.

I go barefoot when camping all the time, it feels great
Assuming hiking boots don't exist in the world going barefoot isn't that bizarre. Pieces of leather on your feet are horrible for maneuvering

its more of an elf thing, and they really aren't normal. But I think the may reason you see a lot of shoeless people in fantasy worlds is because shoe stores don't exist, and you'd have to make a pair yourself if you wanted them.

I don't think im a footfag, but I do get attracted to feminine features. So seeing a womans sexy feet turn me on, but I don't get the urge to suck her toes or do anything to her actual feet, they're just nice to look at. What degree of footfag am I? or is that just normal for men.

That's just normal, mate.

>what is a cobbler?

Thats normal

Looking/wanting to touch feet is like entry

Woah, now that's some real ass blast.
You'll jump on any chance to whine about that still, won't you?

My ranger explicitly wears lightweight leather boots when tromping about in the woods, whether elf or having polymorphed into something else that has soft enough tootsies to need footwear. He will however go barefoot if he knows he's only walking around road-ed town for a few hours and can't be assed to put his boots on for some reason. Will wash those suckers off before heading inside though, it's rude to track dirt in unless either you're cleaning it up or you own the place.

>she's mirin

Aesthetic. Forestry type adventurers. "Agile" adventurers. Elves.

It used to be pretty common for people to go barefoot all the time in the United States, especially the warmer southern half of it. Though it was it was seen as a lower class thing, so middle and especially upper class people tended to avoid it. Then it somehow got associated with the hippie movement, and it became standard for establishments to deny service to costumers without shoes, because everyone hates hippies and poor people.

Stirrup socks/legging/tights/etc

He's mirin too. He wishes he had armor that nice.

>people did not wear shoes as commonly as they do today in the medieval era, shoes were a luxury and were not worn daily by lower social strata up till 19th century and the advent of factor-made productions...

what

I mean, you'd have like a grand total of one pair of broken boots

but you need boots man

how are you going to walk

seriously

how would you stay feeted in the winter

you'd fucking die dude

well not directly

rather as a result of losing your fucking feet

and then the infection

cause there's no medicine in ye olden times

but there's shoes