Warmachine / Hordes General - /wmhg/

THEME FORCE THURSDAY Edition
>Jackson: We will be putting them up today. We're shooting for earlier rather than later.

Lock & Load 2017 Badges are on sale now.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/December2016/WMH-Errata-January-2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
Soon :^). Protectorate added to War Room.

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf
conflictchamber.com/#bc1bdkdmdmdmdBdbdCdzdz
conflictchamber.com/#bc1bd3dbdbdBd4dzdAdzdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Hexeris1.

>Una2 gets burb theme
>overpowers the list even more
>"sorry guise it was already in development 10 months ago we though it was balanced!"
>Griffons cost 12 points in the next errata
>Una's feat changed to Parry instead of immune
>nobody plays the list ever again

SKREEEEEEEEOOOOONNNKKKK

Conflict Chamber is updated with the Protectorate models and themes. Will hopefully have the new themes up shortly after release.

High five for Conflict Chamber. And thumbs up. And various other positive emotes.

How can I view the themes?

They were just posted on the Insider.

>>Una2 gets burb theme
Burb theme? What, like for every two Tom Hanks she takes, she gets a free Cory Feldman? Seems broken.

files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

HERE WE GO LADS

Yo, anybody want about $250 worth of Retribution for $120? Getting out of the game.

Man, that Cryx one sucks.

Looks like the theme forces follow a pretty common theme. They all lock on to one specific unit type (stormknights for cygnar, pirates for cryx, etc), give you about 15 free points, and a couple interesting special rules for specific models.

The winterguard one looks, at first blush, like the best of the bunch, just because it's built around models that people are already taking anyway.

Other end of the spectrum, the Cryx "all revenants all the time" theme is probably the most limiting (even if it is also one of the fluffiest).

PP desperately trying to sell those dusty Revenant crews and weapon crews that have been sitting on shelves for ten years.

Blackbanes are pretty much the only "Revenant" thing worth taking.

Because of this? The retribution theme actually looks pretty interesting to me (unless you're a huge House Vyre fanboy, I guess?)

Maybe they should have buffed them in the errata or theme force then, instead of making dead on arrival theme. Fits the faction though.

>Blackbanes are pretty much the only "Revenant" thing worth taking.
Well, so right. Agreed, they're pretty lame. But they did just get a slight points reduction, and now you also get +1 deathbound models and 15 free points (give or take). Is that enough to make them interesting? ... maybe. It's a hesitant "maybe", but... maybe.

Nah. Because the very few people (we're talking 2) that play the game in my meta I can't stand. One is a racist fuckhead that brags about threatening children with a dog and a gun because they're playing basketball at night, the other is a hyper competitive jackass that will go and buy an entire army just to ditch it for the next shiny thing.

And also, I'm trying to get myself into more casual games. Every time I play Warmachine I feel like a WAAC fag and I don't enjoy it. I feel like a dick for playing competitively and the meta around here is competitive. The entire reason I got into Retribution is for the mage hunter rules because I was so tired of all the bullshit synergies that the game had and wanted to just ignore it all. sorry if that irks anybody.

Tharn one is another variation of the "free heart tokens" idea. Probably not great, but at least interesting...

And the Skorne one lets you drop a wall template, which I didn't expect to see again after Mk2 Doomy.

OH BOY

MY CYCLOPS RAIDERS CAN MOVE 2" AFTER KILLING A GRUNT WITH THEIR FUCKHUGE RANGE

Try to build it -- what are you taking to get to 60 points of Revenant models for three free things?

Even getting to 40 is awkward.

Nah, if that's the case, by all means get out. A game is only as good as its community, and yours sounds... pretty terrible.

>Didnt expect to see wall templates
Gunnbjorn (and Feora1, I guess) say hello

By awkward, you mean "there's only one real way to do it"? If so, then yes, it's the official bucket-of-revenants list, you have to take a bucket of revenants if you want to field it. Max Blackbanes and two max units of crew gets you to 49, and then you make up the rest with some combo of Rengrave, Riflemen and Cannons. One of each gets you to 60. And then your free points are probably the 2nd cannon and a couple of pistol wraiths.

Well, wall templates as spells are one thing. You can balance casters around that spell (and other terrain-making abilities). I didn't expect to see them as a theme force benefit is what I meant.

Yes, that's what I mean. There's not any real thought to the list design. It's take multiple units of Revenant Crew and Blackbanes.

What does this list do well against?

>Legion Theme gives 'enemies lose advance deploy'

oh boy it's this shit again

The convergence one seems potentially abusive. Free servitors and all servitors get shield guard... ughhh.

Which brings me back to my previous statement.

Anybody wanna buy some Ret?

Fuck abusable. It's basically our of our competitive lists, except with 9 free shield guards and 2" of deployment to deal with being slow.

It's boring, but what the fuck. Fuck your ranged meta.

Can I take storm lances in the Cygnar theme force?
I'm new to the game sorry if its a dumb question

>It's boring, but what the fuck. Fuck your ranged meta.
Fair. The ret one is similar, with battlegroup-wide shield guard. The ranged meta may be getting just fucked generally.

>Can I take storm lances in the Cygnar theme force?
Yes, Storm Lances are "stormknights" so they can come along for the ride (and probably should).

Fuck your BG wide ranged meta.

conflictchamber.com/#bc1bdkdmdmdmdBdbdCdzdz

Convergence Army - 75 / 75 points

(Directrix 1) Iron Mother Directrix [+27]
- Exponent Servitors
- Assimilator [16]
- Assimilator [16]
- Assimilator [16]
- Corollary [6]
- Prime Axiom [38]
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex [2]
Optifex Directive [4]
Optifex Directive [4]

You know what this list needs? 12 free shield guards.

It's Carrier Group, except they're also all shield guards.

Aight thanks I didn't know if it was units with the name Storm Knight or just Storm Knight related things in general

>one theme force
>"pls take infantry" the list

Fuck PP. Waste of fucking time. My command book better have the good ones.

Fuck you nigger, I hope my dog drags your children right up close so I can shoot them, noisy-ass basketball-playing niggers.

I'd buy your list but it's probably a bunch of weak-ass jank. Probably huffed all the glue instead of assembling models correctly too.

Wow. What crawled up your ass?

although they aren't painted and the Strike force and Infiltrators aren't fully put together because fuck metal minis with tiny bits

>Other end of the spectrum, the Cryx "all revenants all the time" theme is probably the most limiting (even if it is also one of the fluffiest).

Saw a funny joke on the PP forum
>It seems pretty mild compared to the others. What am i missing?
>Like most cryx players you are missing a reason to play it.

>Venator Theme
>RANGED SKORNE
>all you get is beast moves, a free wall template and a free solo or two
PP JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

PP SAID IT WOULD CHANGE THE GAME

Fatty gets a free wall out of killbox in the perfect spot, which is a big deal already.

So tl;dr kill yourself if you're a Cryx player?

I can't wait to see how they fuck up their command book.

>Is that enough to make them interesting? ...

No, because they're still garbage. All they really do is kill infantry, in a meta that doesn't use infantry, and they aren't even great at it. At this point I'm pretty much convinced that no-one at PP actually playtests Cryx any more. Either that or they're so terrified of making us overpowered again that we're being deliberately hobbled from the get-go.

Well, whatever. At the end of the day it's less of my money going to PP and more to their competitors.

>more to their competitors.
Like what? Everything else sucks or is indie shit nobody plays. :^)

>and a free solo or two
We can only bring Extollers (see: Soulward), and Willbreakers. Willbreakers are fucking awful.

The wall template is really good. The problem about the theme is the faction it belongs to.

So if I just don't bring any of Skorne's shit solos and don't bring any of Skorne's shit units and don't bring any of Skorne's shit character beasts, I get to place a free wall in front of my friendly flag? Sweet.

(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Cyclops Raider [9]
- Cyclops Savage [8]
- Cyclops Shaman [8]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]

Haha look I made a Skorne gunline lol haha now give me my free fucking wall.

That's actually pretty fucking genius.

So let me get this right. In the theme for for taking motherfucking Storm Knights. You get Immunity Electricity. For what? Warjacks, half of which dont give a fuck (THead, Clad, Cent (Arm 22 lel), JR (Who stands roughly at the back fucking edge of the table) and Mechanics. Fucking wonderful.
Meanwhile the opportunity to give those wonderful shelfwarming Stormguard who have been fucking worthless since at least mk2 is completely passed up. 10/10 would theme again.

Now I've dropped the Shaman, Savage, and an Extoller, so I can bring an Aradus Soldier.

Look man just give me the fucking wall.

Conflict Chamber is updated with the new themes.

There are probably mistakes, as I haven't had time to check them thoroughly, though. I figured people would rather have access to them now, and if anything pops up, email me ([email protected]) and I'll fix it asap.

Thanks!

And now I've dropped the shitty Willbreakers and put the Shaman back in.

I want muh fuckin WALL.

I was interested in this until I remembered that Mk3 nerfed heart tokens to only work on melee, else Blood Pack would be, dare I say, useful.

>Conflict Chamber is updated with the new themes.
Thanks a bunch. Apparently it's not counting Laddermore towards the required 20 points of Stormknight models/solos. Is that supposed to be that way?

What do you have? I've been considering getting in to Ret.

Storm Division is also missing the Strider in its listing.

Ahh, yeah, had my notes on that wrong. Should be fixed now if you reload the page.

also adding a jack to junior is borked

But the Revenant Crew got a buff in the Errata, they had a point reduction!

Fixed, thanks for the report.

Thanks. It seems there's still some issue. Laddermore + Stormblades +1WA should get me one free UA, but it somehow doesn't work.

Stormblade Captain Solo is missing from Storm Division too.

Conflictanon confirmed for fraud.

don't be derude, ConflictAnon works very hard for our ungrateful asses.

user confirmed for unable to cease fellating cocks.

Does Force Allowance still apply for the free Servitors from the Convergence theme?

Unless stated otherwise, yes.

Damn, thus dies my dream of Directrix and her 15 Elimination Servitors.

Should be fixed now, thanks for the report.

There's a related bug with getting your junior free in theme with jacks having to build the list in the right order, but that's going to take longer to fix.

It's still 9 free servitors, which absolutely threatens most casters. You won't get a turn one kill without getting lucky, but it's entirely possible.

Working on it

Fixed.

If you'd rather wait a few days for me to have time to thoroughly QA it myself...

I'm pretty sure this will melt quite a few armies off the table during the feat turn.

not trenchers :)

Oh Lord.

Convergence says fuck your ranged list.

And then you see Amon across the table and die without killing a single model.

What exactly is the point of this? Pop Butcher's feat and hope that you can get enough guys in his control range to compensate for the shitty weapons your infantry has? But hey with short ranges like that please go ahead, bunch everything up. I'll surf that shit so hard.

There are many things I would call 17 4 dice POW12s at RNG14, but shitty is not one of them.

It's the way the community listbuilds in Mk3 -- put as many of one type of thing into a list and cross their arms smugly, thinking about how smart they are.

That is what's known in MtG as "magical Christmasland".

Yeah, there are a lot of things that will die horribly with no chance against this list.

And a lot of things that will utterly mulch this, because gunlines *in general* are so strong that people play a lot of anti-gunline tech, and this gunline doesn't have ways around the best/most typical anti-gunline tech.

So Amon will trample you to death without taking a loss, High Reclaimer will shoot you to death, Haley3 will kill your entire army with Storm Lances before you can do anything to them, etc, etc.

It's a strong list, not fun to play, not fun to play against, but it's still not going to win you a tournament because the actual top-end lists don't give two fucks about what it brings to the table.

>Opponent has a number of heavies and just screens their caster behind them
Aaaaand you lose. If you can't wipe him out in one turn, you lose the ability to ever kill anything again.

Well thought exercises are what lets you discover imbalance and issues.

Do agree that this isn't cancer.

Thought exercises are pointless if you don't know how to think. Take the epic memester with the Butcher list above. He actually thinks that he can cram dozens and dozens of infantry into his caster's control range, and nothing bad will happen. Oh and that they'll all magically be in range of a target worth hitting. AND that they'll even have LOS to a target because as far as I'm aware, neither WGIs or the Butcher have an ability granting that.

>Well thought exercises are what lets you discover imbalance and issues.

Fair enough. I've been generally happy with Mk3, although stuff like this seems to make the non-competitive play worse.

>Do agree that this isn't cancer.

Yeah, it's more like syphilis. Annoying, can be fatal if you don't have the treatment, and exposure to it usually involves a dick.

conflictchamber.com/#bc1bd3dbdbdBd4dzdAdzdA

Convergence Army - 75 / 75 points

(Syntherion 1) Forge Master Syntherion [+27]
- Prime Axiom [38]
- Prime Axiom [38]
- Corollary [6]
- Diffuser [6]
Optifex Directive [4]
- Transverse Enumerator [3]
Optifex Directive [4]
- Transverse Enumerator [3]

This will also be annoying as all fuck if you don't one-round them.

>Buttload of repairs incomming while syntherion looks like a smug dipshit behind them both

It's supposed to be 3 optifexes not enumerators reeee.

>tfw no CoC axis old theme
>but for all
WHO DARES ENTER LUCANT'S MAGICAL REALM OF NEVER FUCKING ENDING UNDYING GIGAROBOTS?!

Considering starting a small Ret force.

Hoping to build something that's both solid and most pieces are reusable.

Thoughts on this?

Why do perforators STILL lack gunfighter/point blank?

Because they don't want them to be good.

M-maybe the errata gives them.... love?

It gave them a points reduction.

Just let them shoot in melee!

No.

t. Soles

I wanna beat him up, I even got my Cyriss approved wrench.