Tell me about Your Dudes

Tell me about Your Dudes.

My dudes are bunch of bully armour models that count as SoB.
The fluff changes from the order Pissing off the Mechanicus so they don't get the sexy body fitting armour to Inquisitorial Battle Harem just to piss people off.

Nice dubs.
How'd they piss off the AdMech?

The Canoness won a Tatort game against the Magos supplying them.

It is normal power armour just not sexy one. Many Inquisitor visit the Order due to report of men under the church. So lots of Vasquez joke from alien are thrown around.

Dark Angels 3rd co. A bastion against the darkness, they are currently under investigation by a cabal or Inquisitors who haven't caught up to the Wrath of Magnus campaign.

2k points of imperial guard

From a desert world known as Nova cadia. The army consists of hive city regular troops supported by desert tribesmen. They also have a moderate amount of armored assets.

My future plans is to start skitarri and genestealer army's, at which point their backstory will change to reflect the constant insurgency of desert dwelling genestealers and explorator expeditions into the deep desert south in search of tech.

I will say on the tabletop my guard have a less than stellar performance.
I have lost about 2/3 of all games. I have fought and won against Tau(not waccfag) but have lost repeatedly to marines and chaos.

My dudes are a Tau sept called Pa'Laa. It was founded at the end of the 2nd sphere expansion and has since been used as a staging post to launch the 3rd sphere expansion in that area.
The main planet Pa'Laa is a dull grey rock with the little flora being grass and fungus, while the fauna is only small bugs and aquatic lifeforms that dwell in the shallow oceans.

The leader of Pa'Laa is the Ethereal "Aun'Tsua'Nan", he is an old Ethereal that gladly follows into battle next to the fire caste during the larger battles. That brings us to the Fire Caste leader/commander of Pa'Laa, "Shas'O Shan'Ta". Shan'Ta is known for using the Kauyon tactic to defeat his enemies, as he relies on his own handpicked crisis team, along with many experienced strike teams in order to achive victory.

Pa'Laa was a target for the 22nd Varvar Guard regiment during the Damocles crusade in order to prevent the Sept to send reinforcements to Agrellan and aid in the battle.

I have a few, so I condensed them into shorthanded fluff and Only War rules, and pictures that serve well to represent/inspire the Regiment in question.

OP here, I like what I'm reading so far.
My guys are split into a few factions.

First is the Black Lance, a cabal of IG veterans, mercs and Psykers put together by my Inquisitor. They number in the hundreds, spread out across an entire sector while a small core of warriors stays by his side as a personal guard.

They are backed up by a squad of Deathwatch led by Veteran Sergeant Bastian Diego of the Crimson Fists. His team consists of an unnamed Black Shield, a Black Templar by the name of Galharad, Brother Aurelius of the Novamarines, and a Minotaur who doesn't yet have a name.

They are backed up by a large force of Space Marines from the Ashen Ledgers chapter, solemn warriors who record the names of every single fallen ally and brother in vast books kept in the chapter's librarium.
These they study and invoke in the belief that the Emperor speaks to them through the souls of the dead.

The Ashen Ledgers have stated on more than one occasion that chanting the names of their dead in battle often grants them strength, speed or insight beyond even the formidable might of an astartes, as the dead add their strength to that of the living.

You liked my stupid SoB background? Where they got Bulkier armour due to a game of cards?

A Dark Angels successor chapter that is a bunch space lawyers, market insiders, admin, and bureaucrats. They love paperwork and boarding tactics.

It was a giggle to read. People forget that the fluff doesn't always have to be super serious. Its like the Regimental Standard stuff saying "Cadia is A-OK, folks!". Its comical.

Hey guys, I have an idea for some dudes, an Inquisitor and his retinue. I'd like to share it and ask if it can be built.
The Inquisitor is named Lord Inspector Murdock Hephaestus of the Ordo Mechanicus, a lesser Ordo that he himself started to inspect the machines of the Imperium.

Retinue is just a bunch of Penal Legion guardsmen equipped with Melta weapons. This is technically a dream gig for them.

He also keeps a Commissar around as a friend, and also to dole out discipline on his behalf.

Finally, he runs with some Gun Nuns. You would too if your job was telling Techmarines that they're bad at theirs.

I think there's already an ordo that looks into the workings of the mechanicus. Otherwise, I like the slant you're taking with him.

I would play against this team on Table top and for him in 40krpg

Glad to hear it is a cool idea.
I think Imperial Agents has a formation for an Inquisitor and crew, but I don't have the book yet. Does anyone know?

Phoenix Brothers Space Marines. Created them as part of a system for Rogue Trader where multiple imperial groups were given the same planets and they settled it with a treaty. Phoenix Brothers got to recruit from a single ethnic group regardless of planet, and put their fortress on the smaller of the two planets were that group was common.

Bigger of the two became a forge world. Mechanicus didn't like space marines, stealing their people, so ethnic cleansing happened. Phoenix Brothers now hate the Mechanicus, train the bare minimum of their brothers as techmarines. Equipped exclusively from their own small forge, mostly supplied with materials by sending out chapter serfs as merchants and bankers.

Mostly codex compliant, but they have way more apothecaries than they're supposed to because their cult focuses on ritual purity and hates mutation more than anything else. Culture is a mixed of Near Eastern influences, mostly ancient Persia with some ancient Israelite and Carthaginian influences.

The Adepta Sororitas Orders Minoris referred to as the "Shield Maidens of Aiden" were originally a preceptory of the Order of the Sacred Rose sent to guard the Shrine World of Andosia, a planet of major religious significance in the Skyllian Sector, also home to the headquarters of Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Gavin Trask, who had served as a commissar briefly before being recruiting into His Most Holy Inquisition as an acolyte under Lord Inquisitor Xerxes.

Holding amicable relations with the Ecclesiarchy, Inquisitor Trask gained a reputation among the few people of Andosia who were aware of his presence, from higher-ranking public officials and priests, to the members of the Adepta Sororitas, oftentimes making use of the latter when his investigations found strong evidence of major heretic cults that were too large to be eliminated discreetly.

His efforts were part of a long-con by the forces of Chaos, however, as after approximately a decade of his work in the Skyllian Sector, a large force of the dark gods launched an invasion of Andosia, decimating the Shrine World's populace, numerous scholarly findings, and scouring its verdant green landscapes.

Inquisitor Trask and his powerbase fought alongside the Sororitas preceptory, Frateris Militia, and what Imperial Guard and Adeptus Astartes forces answered the call, in addition to the drafting of any and all able-bodied citizens, up to the highest-ranking priests who fought with fire and brimstone against the servants of the Warp. At the end of the war, Andosia was a shadow of its once-rich self, now covered in fields scorched to a crisp black soot and defiled waters. The Chaos warbands were defeated, but there was no real victory to be had among the Emperor's faithful aside from the survival of what few locals remained, primarily children who were left orphaned after their parents fought and died by the score.

Many were distraught by the loss of their jewel of a planet, but the Inquisitor and Canoness, who were among the few high-ranking individuals left on Andosia, both understood that, although this may be an end to Andosia, it's only the beginning of a new era for the Skyllian Sector.

With the blessing of the Ecclesiarchy and the Adeptus Administratum, the two founded a Schola Progenium in the Sub-Sector Aiden of the Skyllian Sector, bringing what was left of Andosia's populance with them. There, they inducted the children into the academy, breeding into their blood the drive to take revenge on the forces of Chaos for bringing their homeworld to ruin and taking their mothers and fathers from them.

As was standard with Schola Progeniums, the orphans were divided up based on their aptitudes, with many girls being inducted to the new Sororitas Orders Minoris, the Shield Maidens of Aiden, who diverged from their mother Order, donning grey armor, green robes, and bronze gilding, in memory of the rainy skies, rich green landscapes, and shining spires of Andosia. The boys were sent into the Storm Trooper program, referred to as the [name to be decided], and sharing a similar color scheme to their sisters, with elements of both sexes being placed into a number of support roles, as well as the Inquisitor's retinues and spynets, including the non-militant Orders of the Dialogus, Famulous, Hospitaller, Adepts, and assassins.

Inquisitor Trask gave them a new purpose: to defend Sub-Sector Aiden from the forces of the Arch-Enemy, and any other blasphemous elements that may threaten the safety of its citizens, and to obey the call-to-arms to ensure that none of Aiden's worlds may fall to the same fate of Andosia.

The Vanguards Of Alba. They are a chapter based on the Scots, so you taking a mix of the storm wardens, The space wolves bar there obsessive wolf worship and the Iron Hands.

The story for them was a bunch of blackshields that settled in the ghoul stars and made their own chapter. With them being in the ghoul star they became xenos fighters and distrustful of their southern neighbors.

Most of the chapter command is named but the most famous model is Veteran Sergeant Septimus Lupus. Who i gave the nickname "Red" due to him being the only sergeant I painted with a red helm. On the table top he is the luckiest bastard in the Imperium. He managed with his plasma pistols to kill two Company champions and a dark angel dread in one game. Fortunately his first death was glorious as when his squad now only 3 men was charged by a Avatar on one wound. one of the die rolled a 6 the other a one. one pistol exploded in this hand killing him, the other hitting the Avatar killing him.

Tempestus Scions that use Abhumans

Im so proud of my little bros dudes.
He plays a very basic IG list, with about 75~ guys with leman russ backup, sometimes with a death strike missile thrown in for flavour. They come from a very poor industrial hive on a backwater planet. The men are all equipped with standard lasguns, and the russes are all very basic. The planet fought with much dishonour during the damocles gulf, where they were humiliated again and again by the tau. The commander was sacked, and the new commander has taken his place with the intent on redeeming his regiment. He has fought waacfag tau, my black legion, necrons and orks. he's played a game about every week for a year and he hasn't lost a single one. His regiment, doing such a good job bringing glory for their planet, was allowed their supply of ancient death strike missiles. Im so proud of him

OK, so I've got a big ol' crusade of imperials I've tied together.

At the top, you've got inquisitor Brash Hardon, who decided to essentially become a privateer and take a bunch of dudes into frontier space using a complex series of alliances and bargaining.

This force includes:

-The Messis 303rd, a humble agri-world guard regiment with a penchant for big guns and big walls.

-The last remaining members of the Sororitas "Order of the Verdant Chalice"- a group also based on Messis, charged with safeguarding a heresy era relic (a chalice that caused plant growth wherever it spilt, said to be drank from by the emperor himself). The forces of Nurgle heard tell, and attacked them for it. as their fortress fell, the Canoness drank from the cup and became a living saint, purged the daemons, and now spreads naturey goodness wherever she goes.

-an Assassinorum execution force.

-A Mechanicus Magos Biologis and his army, including a Knight, Skitarii, and tons of servitors. The Magos joined only on the condition he could study the saint's chalice for agriculture purposes.

-finally, about half a company of Lamenters- and their occasional helpers, the Legion of the Damned.

Thanks for letting me sperg out a bit.

my army is the necromunda 73rd armored regiment

their backstory is pretty humble. they were originally a tank division of the necromundan PDF that existed to safeguard hive infrastructure from ash waste nomads that existed outside of the main body of hive primus. it was a pretty cushy gig, and they managed to accumulate solid body of experienced personnel with very few casualties.

they were called up to the imperial guard proper after an administratum tithe hit necromunda, and have campaigned since against all manner of foes, always embodying the aggressive spirit and can-do attitude of the necromundan tanker

Have they ever all been on the table at once? That must be quite something to look at

not yet- but they're split between 3 2,000 point lists. I'd like to pull em out someday, though.

Inquisitor... Brash Hard-on? Really?

Tropikan Slum Rats.
Tropika was a pleasure world reserved for the retirement and vacations of high members of the imperial administration. It was a relatively small planet with a multitude of biomes, but the most dominant was a terraformed tropical paradise of atlantic forest, rolling hills and beaches. Tropika was home to a vast number of luxury resorts and palaces where the upper crust of the empire could eat, drink, swim and generally feel superior to the unwashed masses. Of course, "retirement" and "vacation" are not very imperial things to do, but the legendary corruption of the administratum finds a way.

That is, until an ork WAAAAGH completely destroyed a Hive World the next system over. The Salamander Chapter sent to stop the orks took pity on the survivors and instead of leaving them to die on their ruined planet chose to drop them on the next world over... Tropika.
Once there, and under a rain of scorn, hate and desperate pleas by the pampered locals to remove those savages, the survivors could do little else but build shantytowns on the once-beautifully preserved islands and coastlines. The sheer amount of complaints, however, DID move a few gears on the admnistratum... and after a series of backroom deals that may or may not involve some past bitterness between the planetary governor and a couple of high members of the administration, the planet was immediately reclassified as a hive world and the Imperial Tithe was imposed on them.

Now the planetary nobility had no other choice than let the "almost-people" stay, and fight the emperor's wars in their place, lest they be forced to cede their own children to military service.

Notof OP, bumping for some more kickass lore.

Yes. Mandatory 3 Acolytes and you can take a Battle Harem if your dude is Ordo Hereticus (but fluff wise you can still say he's Mechanicum).

The Tropika 25th Regiment of Light Infantry - Slum Rats is the prime regiment of their recently-formed army. The Slum Rats recruit not from the thoughest or from the angriest, but from the smartest. They thrive in urban warfare, traps, ambushes, improvised weapons and overall being really damn annoying and hard to kill. This is not the regiment you want leading the charge, but if you want to hold back or harass the enemy they are your men/women/dogs. A whole life of living in abject poverty and playing pranks on the kids of the nobility turned each tropikan into a cheeky son of a bitch with a lot of practive on making the most unlikely things explode on contact.

Traitor guardsman wants sit? chair is bomb.
Tyranid wants eats? eats is bomb. Also laxatives.
Ork wants charge? They charge straight into bomb.
Slaneeshi Daemon Prince wants raep? Guardsman is actually really well-dressed blow-up doll with bomb. Also Space Aids.

>tl;dr Macgyver hobos in space that fight for the emperor AND for the lulz. Played them on a series of Only War campaigns that started as Apocalypse Now and ended as Inglorious Basterds.

I thought i'd be cheeky- the name comes from a weird lecherous space comedy play i wrote for a class. Least it's not obiwan sherlock cluseau!

My dudes are Khorne Daemonkin known as the Infernal Devourers. Led by Gulzhar Flame-Bellow, former captain of Angrons body guards, the Devourers. He was driven into insanity by the disdain and abuse he and the others devourers suffered at the hands of their fellow World Eaters. At the battle of Skalathrax, he dueled Kharn in an attempt to stop him but lost, instead getting the famous burning brand shoved into his mouth completely melting his lower jaw and throat. As he laid slowly dying in the freezing snow, his rage was so great that it caught the attention of one of Khornes mighty bloodthristers.

Striking a deal with the greater aemon, Gulzhar and the rest of the devourers were teleported away. Now at the head of a daemonic host, the Flame-Bellower has cut a swathe of fire and blood across the imperium ever since, seeking to one day claim the title as Khornes chosen so that he may finally exact his revenge upon the one known as the "Betrayer" Their legion emblem is the gaping maw of the World Eaters centered around a burning flame.

my dudes are survivors of Helsreach that have started their own crusade in the name of Grimaldus. My Marshall was one of the few remaining that witnessed him emerge from the wreckage of the cathedral. The crusade ship is filled with a mixture of Helsreach civilians turned extreme zealots, some sisters, some guardsmen, and my templars that make up the bulk of the army. The crusade is small right now but grows in strength as the legend of Grimaldus makes its way across the vast imperium.

I just recently got some necromunda redemptionists that i'm going to use as zealots, and am waiting to see if any plastic sisters models come out this year. Originally I was just going to use the sisters and zealots as neophytes, but with the new fall of cadia book coming out I think id rather just use them properly as what they are, the zealots I will still likely use as neophytes.

thats metal as fuck, I like it.

I have two batches of dudes, and their lore exists together.

>Free Kingdom of Cascadin
A mountainous and forested kingdom that is less a grand fief and more a collection of villages focusing around a few larger cities and the King's capital. Thus far the royal family has been harsh in justice, but fair and kind otherwise; their subjects are more a collection of allied tribes who refuse to leave each other hanging in times of need.

The mountains of Cascadin are rich in iron, timber, and the materials for black powder. An artistic but martial culture, everyone grows up with song, painting, firearms, and some knife- and axe-focused survival techniques, allowing for an effective tribal militia in every village. The cities house the few Regular units of gunners, artillery, and dragoons.

The recent arrival of the Slann Kehr'met on the Kingdom's highest peak has given King Loved By Hawk some pause. The Slann has yet to show any desire to harm his subjects--in fact, he helped with a short-lived famine, and offers Cascadin protection from invading forces--and his request for the mountain-top is fair enough for the good luck the superstitious Cascadin natives consider him.

>Starhost of Kehr'met the Younger
One of the youngest Slann to survive the End Times, Kehr'met decided that in order to center himself and find where he best fits into the Great Plan, he needs must start small. In this regard, he has a great respect for the tribesmen of the Sedor Mountains; and little do they know they sit upon a Realmgates crossroad; Kehr'met takes it upon himself to guard this crossroad as best he can. As such, his role as Cascadin's protector is something he takes quite seriously; the beginnings of his dedication to Order.

Honestly, my Slann lore is kind of thin, but I just really love the Lizardmen units; I always thought they were just super neat. My Free Peoples are my main force, while Kehr'met comes out for the huge games or games where Realmgates are the focus.

Eh... I'll just give you my most recent thing I've been working on. I bought Space Hulk with my Christmas bonus at work and I've been painting the Blood Angels as their own unique chapter. They're called The Pit Vipers and they're purple with gold trim and covered in neon green "venom" drops. They're a Successor Chapter of the Salamanders that is made up of tribals from the jungle Death World Crotalus. Basically if they had their own codex every other noun world be some variation of the word snake. Also unique to the chapter is a mutated Betcher's gland which produces more of a powerful neurotoxin that is ritualistically spit in combat and highly valued by the Venenum Temple of the Officio Assassinorum.

My dudes is an ork warband called Moon Burnas.

Their homeplanet is Miren II was a devastated imperial world, passing ork Waagh smahed through it's defences got all the loot they could and continued onwards. It is a shithole of Gorka Morka level.

However, things got violent once system's star started to expand for unknown reason burning nearby planets. Average planet's temperature rised by 15 degrees all across the globe, turning most of the planet into desert wasteland in a matter of few weeks. Human slaves rebelled, scum and mutation of all sourts poured out and all ork clanz and tribes went to their last Waagh - all this wall of bodies charged towards the only hope of salvation - Bitsloot junkyard town. It was the only ork stronghold capable of constructing a spaceship.

Future Moon Burnas crushed all of their opposition on their way there and stroke a deal with Junkyard Big Mek - gather all the bits `n scrap for the ship for a promise of ticket out of this hellhole. During their survival Moon Burnas learned the value of looting, and tactics, since charging head-on in open wasteland was often a suicide. But most importantly, they've learned that you sometimes you don't need to hit hard, just hit where it hurts the most.

Blitsloot Big mek decided not to hold his end of the bargain and threw Moon Burnas out, expecting walls to hold against direct assault while finishing his spacecraft. Moon Burnas have infiltrated the city instead, killed the Mek and sabotaged the only source of water Blitsloot had. After a matter of days surviving meks opened the gate themselves. Of course, not every ork who was building a spacecraft while beeing in sight of dakkaguns got to fly it in the end.

As the small ork ship escaped dying planet Moon Burnas have realised how big the universe is - but most importantly a good fight on Miren II was nothing compared to possibilities ahead.

Moon Burnas is an ork clan that makes use of guerilla tactics and looting equipment. Clan has a large ammount of meks, however meks are treated as slaves and only most talented(and strongest) ones get to be treated as equals to normal boys and nobs. Clan makes excessive use of flamers, realising that if galaxy tried to burn them to a crisp, they should return the favour. Whatever a Moon Burner can't take to his crooza, he will burn to ashes, just not to allow enemy to get a hand on his loot

>If I'z can't `ave it, den zog it, why should you `ave it?

>Tropika
Does the planetary governor call himself el Presidente?

Mayyyyyyyyybe

My armies are led by Commander Shas'O Kaishi, highest ranked Fire Warrior of the planet Az'ue.

The planet Az'ue is an orange desert type planet with big and deep blue oceans. It is located in the Farsight Enclaves Territories being one of the newest planets added to the FE.

And the planet

My Warband, the Sons of the Harvest was originally a Chapter called the Emperor's Harvest, but fell to Chaos when the Chapter's leadership were destroyed, only for the Chapter Master to support the Master of the Scouts as his successor instead of the glory-seeking, prideful captain of the First Company. When the Inquisition supported the First Company over the objections of the Venerable Dreadnought Ghur and many of the rank and file marines, the Chapter began a civil war that would scorch their planet to cinders. While the Master of the Scouts and his supporters triumphed, they realized that because the Inquisition now viewed them as traitors, retribution would not be far behind. Swelling their ships with as much of the surviving populace as possible, the Chapter sailed to the Halo Stars in penance, where they were eventually reborn as the Sons of the Harvest.

Due to their shared experiences, the marines of the Sons are close-knit brothers who would never dream of betraying one another once again, holding firm to their bonds of brotherhood even as all else shifts and wavers in the Warp's embrace. Their Dark Apostle is a navigator with geneses stuffed in him as the war band wanted to find out if such a marine was even possible. Now, his third eye is a direct conduit to the abyss of the Warp, which he uses to direct the war band towards the Gods next desires, though the Sons don't always follow his advice.