/int/pires General SERVER LAUNCHES TOMORROW

/int/pire 1983 - Cold War Addition will launch on Friday the 12th at 4:00 PM EST
* IP Address: will be announced in discord and on our board (board.intcraft.online/)
* Server Version: 1.10.2
* Chien's World Map
* Towny, Hidden Ore, Crackshot, etc

IMPORTANT: The server is currently in grace period, first wars will begin in 7 days, so joining now will give you ample time to prepare.

Discord: discord.gg/mqGsXzu

General Rules:
1. No spam
2. No hacking, this includes things like autofisher bots or x-ray. Voxelmap is allowed and ENCOURAGED
3. No advertising
4. No advertising on unapproved boards/sites
5. Banter is REQUIRED.

Administration: Lineeye, Nurse_Reno: Neither will have creative nor join any town/nation to remain unbiased.

Roleplay:
1. Building a town/nation must be historically accurate for that location given the current time (1983)
2. Buildings do not have to be 100% accurate, variations are allowed.
3. Towns do not have to be exactly in the same geographical location as they were, but it should be in the same general area.
5. If you only want to buildfag, ask to join a Town or Nation in chat, everyone wants buildfags.
6. Nations can spread through conquest or diplomacy, but no Atlantic Federation tier bullshit.
7. Roleplay friendly skins are encouraged, novaskin is a great way to modify or make your own skins for /int/pire

Advice:
1. Build your walls first, these faggots love to run around looking for unprotected cities.
2. Don't bother with xray, you get ore faster from hidden ore.
3. Don't build walls out of cobblestone please, for the love of Christ.
4. Have fun you faggot, join a nation and wear the custom skin if they have one.
5. Find an active town or make a town in an active nation, if you have any questions theyll be happy to help you

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mqGsXzu
discord.gg/SqQpKA2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People who say ded serb get helicopter rides

t. chile

Whats this now? ANOTHER iteration of a server I've now personally watched die within its first two weeks multiple times?

When will you people start investing your time in something that wont be ruined within a few days.

Spamming failed servers has only made me not want to play MC even more.

we feel the same way, this server is run by new admins and has new owners. We want nothing to do with the old autistic admins. We just want to return to the good ol days where we can play mineman and banter.

I literally heard that about the last two, and then leskovar couldn't handle the pressure that he claimed to be able to handle in his OP like this one.

Don't get me wrong I WANT you guys to succeed, I just feel like all these servers popping up and then failing is spoiling the market.

Its like military coups in Central America.

desu I'm an admin, I'm open to just about anything you want to ask on discord if you join.

We did look a lot at how lesko's iteration failed, so hopefully we did learn something about it, and if you have anything in particular you want to add I'm all ears.

message nurse_reno

Lesko did drop the ball, it sucks too since that was a really fun iteration

We can only hope the new owners do better then the last, thanks for the hard truths tohugh

Alight fools i message you on discord and drop some knowledge.

ok I cant find you on discord without your 4 digit tag, so I'll drop my knowledges here.

I owned a successful server for... well as long as is really possible these days, MC is getting hard to run for people our age (18+).

So obviously the biggest enemy is how many times people have played the game. They've built so many mega builds and mined so many resources that they've then lost. But this isn't your fault.

What IS your responsibility then is to foster a large enough player base that new people can fill the holes so when old players take a break from burning out, the new influx can replace them until the cyclical and prodigal "i want to play on that MC server again" returns to the old players.

CONT

discord.gg/mqGsXzu

heres the invite link if you need it

also listening to what you have to say

the way you can best hook new players is a nice spawn. Not one of those hugefuck spawns with arena like gates and block letters and pixel art. A NICE simple aesthetically pleasing spawn, and especially in your case, one that fits the world. Something to immediately drawn people in.

Leskovar's "spawn" was a hole in the ground, and I watched it scare away more than half of the new players that joined.

Another thing that will REALLY make players explore and spend time on the server, is admin built roads. We all love to have player's build roads, but it takes forever and contributes hugely to the burnout factor. Get that worldedit loaded up and brush some twisty roads onto that planet, even just one or two major highways.

I hope I don't come off as a snob here, I just have watched servers tank over the years, and I truly believe these to be some of the basic tenets of nice server building (at least for these style servers, the ones aimed at minekiddies with in game purchases basically run themselves once you have the plugins all configured from what I've heard).

CONT

there were a lot of unique conditions in the community at the time when I was admin that are no longer present, combined with the fact last year has been highly stressful for me with a lot of IRL issues (which you understandably don't give a shit about)

these admins have quite good conditions for success which will happen if they just do so much as keep server up for more than 2 weeks, and I don't think any of them is going through IRL drama either

these are pretty good ideas, however we made the mistake of making it a habit to put the spawn in the sinai peninsula.

The roads thing is definitely something I'll try though, thanks

Finally, and here's really my only unique idea that I don't see many places:

Resource points.

Example: Granite Quarry.

-Build something that looks like a granite quarry, or however you want to flavor it.

-Claim the chunks with whatever chunk protection plugin you have as a warzone or contested area. (make sure mine and place blocks is disabled in this area)

-Place in the area a command block rigged to a daylight sensor to fire everyday at dawn or sundown, your choice. Command block will clone(replace) a chest directly below it to a designated point in the middle of the granite quarry. Fill chest with like a stack of granite.

-This means that everyday at dawn or sundown, the granite quarry produces materials (I usually only create industries for decorative blocks, and if I do create one for useable materials ie. coal, I greatly reduce the yield). Since the point only fills once a day, and replaces any previous instance of the chest, players have to AFK near it, or visit only once a day. This creates hot spots for people with nearby factions to war over, conflict zones, and also is nice to fill the server, since people will WANT to afk near these zones.

I think I saw it on that panharra server, was it called that?

Yeah I worked with Adramelekh to create that system :)

What's your IGN? I'm currently working on the next Veeky Forumscraft, would like your input. I'd whitelist you on the test serb if you don't mind.

i like that idea of resource points, would definitely add a new dimension to war where you had to use soldiers to occupy resource points

my IGN is Atama, I'm pretty busy these days working on a modded diesel-punk server, but I could for sure stop in. I'll join the dickscord.

My final and last advice (I gotta go cook a risotto) is to keep it simple. Book and brewing and magic plugins are great, but not if the core experience is missing.

Yeah you can even rig it with pressure plates near the resource drop, so that if at least X people aren't standing on them, the command block won't fire.

Meaning you can't solo collect resources, you need more people. Get creative, you can really run with this idea.

Well please come check out tgcraft.lunas.host whenever you can, or join the Veeky Forumscraft discord. discord.gg/SqQpKA2

really appreciate it senpai

wait, these are two different discords? I'm confused how many servers are going on here.

ye I'm asking for advice on a different server, Veeky Forumscraft, this is /int/pire thread but I couldn't resist asking for help on my own server (which isn't coming out anytime soon)

gonna namefag so it's less confusing

ded