I bid thee, rate these dice

I bid thee, rate these dice.

dice/dice
They're dice.

Legible/10
Good choice

I would not rate a die before I rolled it a hundred times and compared the results with statistically predicted distribution.

Are those little cracks? Is it safe to roll these?

They're alright.

Post more dice to rate. OP's were perfectly alright bur unremarkable.

>translucent
>unpainted numerals
>shitty razor edges

why?/10

d6>10s>d20>d8>d4>>>>>>>d12

They look good. Is there some place I can buy them individually instead of as sets? I don't need a full set but a bunch of d20s and d10s.

I usually buy dice at games convention

How about 3d6?

>+1 for legibility
>-1 for standard marble pattern
>-1 for ugly blue/white color
>+1 for interesting crackle design
>+1 for d4 with proper topwise orientation

It's a net positive, but only by one.

GURPS was a mistake

what are best dice and why is it GameScience?

Nothing is worse than a standard, pyramidal d4. As far as d12s go, they actually vary a good deal in quality. When the edges are a little too rounded, they're complete garbage (they'll roll around like marbles), but ones with less rounding can actually be fairly decent.

Multiple d6s roll pretty well, but a single one actually doesn't roll that well. I mean, it's perfectly passable, but still low-tier compared to many of the other dice. d20s are actually pretty good dice as long as the edges aren't overly rounded (though this isn't as sensitive as with the d12s) and they don't suffer from imbalances.

Pah, the _best_ dice are Die Hard Dice.
Pic related.

>implying 100 rolls is statistically significant

Wew lad

They look like mint gum.

white/10

I like them. Would roll.

Are you trying to say that the d12 is the best die?

Because the d12 is the best die.

>name

>Because the d12 is the best die.
This
>Platonic Solid
>Superior Highly Composite Number
>Not a cube so it actually can roll

No senpai. The d100 is best dices. Can easily roll and literally 3 times more the amount of possible outcomes.

>Non platonic solid
Disgusting

Most people just roll 2d10 (also filthy non-platonic solids unless you are rolling a double 10 d20) for a d100 anyway, and 2d12 would get you a gross amount of possible outcomes

3x12=100?
Also, unless you mean 2d10, it is mathematically impossible for a d100 to have an equal chance to land on each of its faces. For that alone, that shit. Furthermore, it's so close to a sphere that it literally rolls like marble, which is unpractical
Also, who needs a d100 when you a d20? As a GM I almost never have the need for a smaller probability detail than 1/20

why would d20s be less sensitive than d12s? Their shape is closer to a sphere

>why would d20s be less sensitive than d12s? Their shape is closer to a sphere

It's Homeopathy user! There's a lower concentration of faces on a d12, so it's much more powerful in terms of rolling forever.

white power

>BIG CUMS

>why would d20s be less sensitive than d12s? Their shape is closer to a sphere
I'm not sure about the theory of it, but I'm speaking from experience. I will say that d12s can roll along their edges more easily, and maybe this makes the difference. But regardless, d12s are significantly more likely to act like marbles than d20s.

The real question is:

Tower or no tower?

>he doesn't just use a d120

If platonic solids are so great, why are there no teapot dice?

Objectively wrong about the d120.

Only takes about 40 ish for a sample size for the central limit theorem to be relevant...

A tower is an expression of distrust.
Forcing anybody to use one is downright insulting.

That said, if you have shifty motherfuckers who can't roll without baking a plate of fudge or spastics who can't roll without leaving an indent in the far wall, fuck those guys and bring out the tower.

What's a comfortable number of each die to play 5E with?

loud and obnoxious and slow.

oh, 120 breaks down well. I might experiment with that.

No, they release mustard gs.

>pre-marked dice
Filthy casual

Just the aesthetic, they aren't real cracks.

Numbers are different colors, you have black, predominantly, and a few that are grey. I'd say that's gay. The whole icy/snowy look is cool though.

Nothing special, but I like the color scheme.

user, get your eyes checked. They're not grey; they're just catching the light.