Warhammer 40k general

Tau players cohabiting sex club: Live from Detroit... edition

>previous thread

>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values STOP FUCKING ASKING
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (don't tell the clowns we found our way back in here)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

FIRST FOR COMMORRAGH, GANGS COMING NEXT WEEK

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

>play sisters for 12 years
>finally get something nice
>threatened with riptide spam if I use it

Show me your dudes and game pics anons!!

Also what are you fine lads up to right now? I'm still building the Punisher I just bought are you guys doing any hobbying? Hopefully this size image is good.

>b-b-b-but I've waited
>I DESERVE OP CHEESE

fuck off, you're part of the problem

>s5 ap3
>cheese
Fuck off retard.

yes, great job, this is an excellent size, pretty cool photo for mid-game

r8 pls

It is good, good on you for listening GGA.

Right now I'm building a Celestine no joke

Image is good, GGA.

Currently doing the bronze trim on my Son of Horus, who will be crawling along dying on my Knight's base. I thought this bit would be hell, but SM trim is surprisingly easy (never done one before).

Possible first tournament ever coming up - take it as practice and just go with the flow? Generic McGenericface Marines with demi-company and assorted upgrades in "fluffy, beginner friend" 1200 point tournament. Things to expect in a tournament?

>Friends and I decided to start small side armies to our main armies (a change is as a good as a break and all that)
>Keep it casual lads, nothing OTT
>Pick Deathwatch, elite small, simple to paint
>One friend picks Tau
>The other Eldar

Oh good

It's a heavy flamer and strength 5 powersword on something relatively immortal.

That's hardly cheese.

>I've only got a dozen scatterbikes, a warlock on a bike and a wraithknight, that's only 14 models!

i mean a couple fire warriors/kroot or guardians aren't going to do much harm right? r-right?

>everyone stop showing to my FLGS all of a sudden
>no more games
REEEEEE STOP HAVING A LIFE YOU FUCKS AND PLAY GAMES WITH MEEEEEEE

>emperor explicitly did not want holy worship of himself
>cult springs up around him
>celestine is literally a heretical false idol

what is this fucking bullshit

user id be willing to play you as i have the same problem what army do you play?

Will I lose friends for fielding this?

Say I wanted to run a force of traitorous Blood Angels successors that worship Khorne. Would I be better off using the Blood Angels codex, or going for World Eaters?

>Why yes user, everything can jink

>Why yes user, everything has ap3

Being tanky isn't cheese. Celestine would be cheese if she was AP2 or s6. S5 Armourbane is an average pen roll of 12, and a 50% chance at that.

Even worse
>Black Templars worship her as a symbol of the emperor
>happily accept psykers in to their ranks because muh holy inquisition
>ally with an xenos

Absolutely not.

so when is the inquisitors going to denounce celestine as a daemon of the warp?

Celestine OP... 200 points for a single Unique character (the twins are just wounds that can hit back) that can basically die easily in this edition of multiple shots guns

Tau players please go and stay go.

Unless both players are bringing OP formations and/or LoW you are cheesing hard.

Also for fuck sake trying to out Cheese SoB due a single decent character in decades is so pathetic.

yes, you don't have any DPS units, nothing does any damage

Well she does a bit more than that. There's the whole orbital bombardment and saintly blessings.

>tfw S3, I2, BS2 master race

NO user REEEEEEE I HAVE PLAYED SISTERS AND ONLY SISTERS SINCE ROGUE TRADER FUCKING GSC KEKS GOT A BOOK BEFORE US AND GSC ISN'T EVEN RELEVENT TO THE SETTING NEVERMIND HOW SMALL SOB ARE REE FUCK YOU I DESERVE CHEESE HOW DARE YOU TAKE ANYTHING THAT COULD BEAT ME AAAAA

>Immortal scoring unit
>Incredible buffs
>Not cheese
U wat

why are you taking a useless chimera?

The Emperor is a pragmatist. If the only way to delay humanities destruction is for it to worship him, then so be it.

His secular ideal was what he was trying to establish when the webway project was still a thing.

user honey are you ok? Want to talk about it or just suck a dick till you can calm down?

Firewarriors and Kroot is a pretty friendly Tau force.

>Has had an army and codex since 2nd edition
>GSC fans had to wait 20+ years

The fuck outta here you cunt

Assembling some Sicarian Infiltrators rn, and writing a list so I can hopefully play a game tonight or tomorrow since I won't have much free time when classes and work start next week.

>even Tau drones have a better statline than Orks

Might need a suit to do HQ, but you can keep the cheese out of those.. right? Compared to a Warlock and Guardians? Captain and Muhreens?

Yeah. Generally I think 200 points on a Riptide will do more work than Celestine. Being able to drop AP 2 pieplates from range is nice. Celestine is going to be using most of her insane durability just getting close enough to stab things, at which point, she's got a powersword.

Ignoring the sperg, isn't the orbital bombardment thing a one use ability?

Makes another obsec unit.

Unique model. Unlike the other cheese people can bring.

Maybe if she had a D weapon or actually good offensive power. I would agree she is Op

Right now is just very good character

I was just joking about how his buds are playing the most OP factions and are probably going to bring strong things and not the fire warrios and kroot user.

aye it is, and her orbital bombardment isn't phenomenal since it's S8

The other Tau HQs are Fireblades and Ethereals, both of which are excellent, fluffy, and not minmaxed choices that never see play outside of fluff lists because they are very good at buffing FWs and are shit with suits.

There is also Darkstrider.

Tau Commanders without Signature System stacking really aren't that impressive compared to some of the other HQs out there, they're a solid pretty good.

It's mostly the formation and Crawl that is Cheese, but Celestine is just about right.

>Orbital bombardment

It's a single use Krak missile barrage. Annoying for MEQs, but it probably won't wipe out that much compared to AP 2 pieplates all game.

Saintly blessings are the biggest reason to take her, but even that's solved in the same way as a Riptide. Kill all her support, and you're left with a big unkillable blob that doesn't do much.

Remember to read whole rules entries anons

name another 200 point character that's half as good as cheesestine

>I was just joking about how his buds are playing the most OP factions
But they aren't playing Marines.

When all you've seen as HQ's from the faction, ever, are suits, you tend to forget the rest of the Codex. ("Wait, you can have a boosted Warrior as an HQ in a Tyranid army?")

Which non-Imperial army is best footslogging?

The Super Imperium Friends? Not sure really it is cool and all but I'm not sure what it brings beside making it easier to make T3 master race armies.

>An Xenos
>Thinking it's just one

Trazyn, Harlie, Eldrad, mystery mixed Craftworld/Dark Eldar guy and countless other unnamed Space Elves.

Wew lad.

I think the best thing you can do with her offensively is to either a) pick a beatstick unit on the field and lock them down, or b) use hit n run to stay just out of melee and spam that s5 template.

eldar suprisingly

What is the cringiest thing one can do in a game of 40k?

Eldar or Necrons
>or Tau because muh suits

When you consider shit like the Deathwatch Watch Master is 175 she is fucking absurd.

She will be in every Imperial competitive play / tourney list from here on in.

You cannot field a more effective model for the point.

It's no longer

>Distraction Carnifex

It's

>Distraction Celestine

One immortal scoring unit, that can easily be negated by just jetting over an Obsec unit in the final moments.

It's a unique character that's only useful for buffs and survivability. She's okay in melee, but if she's in melee that means your other units have to be near to melee to in order to benefit. And we both know how most sisters do in melee.

Complete ObSec with incredibly flexible choices and respawning Troops.

Cawl.

Celestine is a wall that's it. She is not a Melee monster that will each IC or squads on her own. The is a wall with side buff.

Death Guard

So /40kg/, I'm curious: Is there anything you feel is missing from your game boards and would like to have? I know that a lot of people here use their LGS's terrain/tables for playing, but what about small details such as walls or bunkers?

Marines were probably the main army

I'm starting a blood angels army for new year but I also have Orks and some Deldar/Harlies.

Whatchu got senpai?

Roleplay as your characters if you're an Ork player and/or the other player isn't into it.

Also DELET THIS

try to rape their female south american opponent

Tell me about it. Another Tau player in my group has 2 different Crisis commanders he runs. Everyone is always surprised when I point to a helmetless firewarrior in my force and tell them he's an HQ.

Volley Fire can hurt, and split fire is nice.

I see a lot of neat things like pic related but nobody ever really seems to use them - it's generally built in to the table rather than movable objects. Does nobody use cover or like to vary the game board from time to time?

i play Blood Angels and am starting a swarmy nid army

i know its a bit late for fall of cadia leaks but i scanned the rule contents for you guys. comin step by step. starting with the introduction

I do not see the formation giving Objective Secure. Unless you add Torquemada Daddy. Or I'm missing something regarding formations again?

>big unkillable blob
It's not like Celestine is a Deathstar. She's only 200 points. And a jump movement heavy flamer is pretty damned effective on a hit and run model.

Explain...

I play at a local GW so we have an abundance of terrain

the flgs also has a shitload of gw terrain and good hills

I've been working on stuff for my home table too

continuing with page 1 of 2 of belisarius

Question, does Coteaz add obsec to his detachment or to the army?

Where do they get ObSec from I don't see it under command benefits.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. If you're trying to be competitive with Castellan Coteaz is completely obligatory.

>just jetting over an Obsec unit in the final moments.

Page 2 of 2

Using this models

And I love it!

Coteaz

His detachment. Guess what, Castellan is a detachment that explicitly allows him as an HQ choice.

Celestine 1 of 2

Hey friends, is there any way to convert a seeker chariot of slaneesh into an exalted chariot of slaneesh?

Celestine 2 of 2

Dicking around with Ork Clan ideas:
>Using image as reference

Deathskull Clan:
>All Ork units that can normally take Trukks as Dedicated Transports may also take Looted Wagons as Dedicated Transports
>All units that may purchase a Nob as a character can purchase a Mek instead for the same price.
>Lootas may reroll the number of shots dice

Badmoon:
>All Ork units with ten or more models may take Battle Wagons as Dedicated Transports
>For each weapon a unit shoots, you may reroll one failed hit roll for each model that shot that weapon
>Shootas and 'eavy Armour are free for Ork Boyz

Goffs
>All units with Furious Charge gain +1S to their base profile, but lose Furious Charge.
>All Nobz are Stubborn and gain +1 Ld
>No Goff Ork unit takes Morale from shooting attacks

Jam two of them together. That's literally all the exalted chariot is. Same sprues, just twice as many and a slightly different build.

wait the sisters dont pass a LoS on a 2+

Greyfax

Thought so, I have two, but don't know if I should make an exalted chariot or two seeker chariots?

Conclave Aquisitorius

Aww, that makes Agents Coteaz less awesome. You have to take him in that specific detachment to get the bonus to more than s bunch of inquisition acolytes.

So far I have a
Captain with combi-melta, lightning claws and a jump pack

A six man assault squad with veteran Sargent, power lance and two flamers.

Command squad with jump packs, one guy with melta and power fist, one with melta, storm shield and one with bolter and storm shield.

Finally, two unbuilt tactical squads.

Wrathful Crusade

triumvirate