Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Was the Healer's Handbook any good? What does it do for combat healing in 1pp-only? Is there better noncombat healing than a wand of CLW now?

How does the stuff there stack up against DSP's medic or vitalist or SoP's Life sphere? Is there better noncombat healing than Enduring Crane Strike spam?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
youtube.com/watch?v=whxehyRH8Ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

T-tone it down with the OP.

Now that the dust has settled, what does /pfg/ think of Of Dragons and Yet More Dragons?

I want to marry a gillgal!

It's cute and lewd and utterly without substance or direction. I give it three months and three cancelled sessions before it dies.

TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

>Was the Healer's Handbook any good? What does it do for combat healing in 1pp-only? Is there better noncombat healing than a wand of CLW now?
The best stuff in it was by far the Paladin stuff. The new mercies were fantastic and the variant bonds were cool. I liked the flaming halo that gave super protection against evil.

I suggest you make some threads so apps can be neatly collated, or just tell people to make an individual thread for each app!

See for more details!

What's the best way to get party members killed and make it look like an accident? Asking as a Cleric.

Wonderful optimism, user!

Well, looks like I'll have to go Merfolk, then!

Fins to feet is such a useful spell!

>variant bonds

I think I missed those?

GREETINGS, MORTAL INSECTS.

TELL ME OF YOUR BURNING BLASTERS, YOUR BLAZING BUFFS, YOUR HEATED HEALERS, YOUR INCENDIARY ITEMS, AND YOUR FLAMING FIGHTERS.

>Fins to feet is such a useful spell!

But user, why walk when you can ride on the Paladin hunk's shoulders, pressing your breasts against his back and whispering filthy nothings in his ear just to feel his heart pound in his chest?

He'd even princess-carry you to bed, if you asked.

I had a shortsword with flaming once.

Throw a bead of force at a Wasp Nest of Swarming while they're sleeping.

>gestalt with all DSP and SoP allowed and a pack of free feats!

Why does every /pfg/ game have to be so insanely high powered and have a retardedly high optimization ceiling?

Crossblooded Brass Dragon/Primal Fire Elemental Gillman (Riverfolk) Sorcerer.
He chucked around fireballs that did more damage than he had health and that he also had a vulnerability to.

Because you didn't make the game you wanted, faggot. It's fine to say you prefer something else, but don't bitch when people do what they want.

Current idea:

>Raging Cannibal/True Primitive Barbarian
>Brutal Slayer Stalker

Or I could do what I always do and make a really good skill monkey.

I brewed a pc race of firepeople once. They can throw fireballs.

I'm getting really turned on now

Wait for DHB's game.

Is she going to be a tropical mermaid?

She'd have bright coloration! Certainly a blessing of Shelyn!

Keep it to yourself and not in this thread.

Autism, son.

If you want something more reasonable, go play a 5e game.

I'll join you. I'd run, buuuut, I've currently got my hands full running Curse of Strahd 5e.

What do you think of Fluffy2.0?

Without fins to feet you can't frogtie her or spreadeagle her on the cot, silly user.

Did someone say Shelyn?

B-because, user, this is an evil campaign and I'd probably be pinned down and lewded by the paladin before anything else happened!!!!!

Coincidentally, here is the picture I'm considering using simply because I have no other merfolk pictures... help.

Because everyone here is so tired of 10 PB Core Only.

Lord of Legends/10

>If you want something more reasonable, go play a 5e game.

There's a middle ground between "5e" and "lol gestalt with all DSP and SoP allowed and a pack of free feats!"

It's called 1pp + Forrest + Jolly.

Don't force your waifu to change who she is, user!

I'm a man of simple tastes, and she's gotta be able to indulge them.

You're a Murdermaid, you're supposed to be the one calling the shots! Get your slender stomach and fat tits up against the hunk's back and start teasing him to tears!

>Murdermaid

I think you mean Murmaider

youtube.com/watch?v=whxehyRH8Ec

What I don't like about gestalt+DSP+SoP is that if you're not some kind of initiator+cheesed out spherecaster, you might as well go home.

Especially with such a low level start...

So, what exactly is a Hell's Vengeance, pfg?

Because "ceiling" doesn't mean you have to always optimize all the way to it. It's the same reason why people who play wizards aren't immediately banned; just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. If you do, you're a blight on the system and part of the problem; if you're just playing Wizard to get weird spells or play with a thematic list rather than "haste/teleport/glitterdust/color spray/simulacrum/blood money", then there isn't anything wrong with it.

Wizards in a game starting from level 1 aren't all that hot.

Especially when Blood Money and Sacred Geometry are banned anyway, and you can be some retarded initiator|spherecaster monstrosity.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
>current idea
>Daemon-Spawn
>Raging Cannibal/True Primitive
>Tattooed Sorcerer
>Cacodaemon Familiar
>Man in Chains/Mad Dog

As one of the people who likes to say that's the thing he wants to use with feat tax rules enabled, even I'm sick of you. Don't ruin a perfectly good set of chargen rules by turning them into another one of your shitty "BUT WHY DOES PFG DO IT THIIIIS WAAAAY" bitchfits.

Either run what you want or wait for a game with rules you like to show up. Don't bitch about every game every time you don't like the chargen.

Shitty EEEVIL adventure path for Pathfinder

Incanter 1/Sphere Arcanist 2||ZS Warder 3.

>gestalt with all DSP and Spheres and free feats
>perfectly good set of chargen rules
Yeah, if you like running Exalted 2e in Pathfinder.

not that ebil

You just go around doing the dirty work of ebil guvmunt

Oh. So a Paramour class chocolate elf probably wouldn't be a good fit?

I-I was gonna do a choco elb...

Sounds 'interesting'?

>lewdgames

>touhous

I thought that was precisely what people in this thread wanted out of Pathfinder.

I don't think you're understanding, shitposter-who-posts-cute-images-to-hide-themselves. I explained very clearly that "well you can do that!" doesn't mean you SHOULD do that, or that you'll get accepted if you do. Yes, you CAN delete two CR10 enemies by cheesing out with the build that 2hu posted a couple threads ago. You CAN also pick the strongest Wizard spells and run the game as what is effectively a secondary GM. But if you do try doing that, you'll almost certainly get either not chosen, or get dropped very quickly for ruining everyone else's fun.

Also what this guy said, just because you don't like the chargen rules doesn't mean you have to convince other people not to join; just ignore it and don't pay attention to it, oh wow so difficult.

Found one, pic related.

You play a bunch of maybe spunky evil PCs trying to stop a bunch of good NPCs. I've never played, but it sounds interesting.

>reading comprehension
>same bundle of images every time you do this

You being a pretentious twat and not even reading posts is not helping your case

We could be brother and sister...

>Level 1 start
Yyyyikes, that's going to hurt. You think maybe level 2 instead, to get us out of the "1 greatsword and you're out" zone?

WARNING
WARNING

Hell's Vengeance sounds like a combat-heavy campaign centered around fighting for the glory of House Thrune. It is not. Hell's Vengeance is a covert ops subterfuge campaign with a tiny bit of combat near the end. It is not an armed revolution, it's old men (and their flexibility) running the world.

You could be the one using the greatsword!!!!

Anyone have screenshots of the Healer's Handbook and the new Qadira book?

It's funny because this guy autismragequit a pathfinder game recruitment when he got told he was too autismal to play.

The GM told me they nearly gave up the idea of recruiting online as soon as they saw that dude and 2hufag come in.

Who would be who?
And would there be incestual teasing?

Well, thank you for that warning.

I'd be your big brother, user!

Big, strong and protective - a little slow and easily tricked, but that's why you're there to tell me what to do~!

>But if you do try doing that, you'll almost certainly get either not chosen, or get dropped very quickly for ruining everyone else's fun.
Then why does the GM even make the chargen that strong?

There's plenty of combat...

It's not all covert ops at all, the first 2 books feature little covert ops stuff

Increases the number of autistic applicants.

Scares off "I'M NEW" fags.

Encourages people to make lewd characters to give themselves a non-optimization edge over other applying character profiles.

Calling bullshit on this story.

W-well, I was intending for my Paramour to be male from the get go. I guess that'd make me the onii-chan.

That's kinda the Paramour's thing, sort of.

Three choco elb siblings walk into an adventure...

Is Destined a fun Bloodrager bloodline? It sounds fun.

>Increases the number of autistic applicants.
This is a good thing why?

>The PCs run afoul of a merfolk bounty hunter
>He's not used to being on land but that won't stop him from catching his quarry
>Being a coelacanth merman, he can spread his scale oil all over the place to make slick traps
>Also, he's got friends in the sky for when things get rough

You lie, it's nothing like you expect it to be. It's all thuggery and being the sneaky secret police.

>Three choco elb siblings walk into an adventure...

That little girl is going to get a LOT of love from her two brothers!

It's fun.

Hmmmm...
Now, the question is, would a big slow brother need a quick witted younger brother to keep him on task and make sure the little sister isn't too mean to him, or would a bit of a bratty sister fit better?

Autists are desperate and easy to trick into ERP, dude.

To make more interesting or thematic characters not suck so hard, not so that you just powergame on top of the freebies.

Because there are people who don't want to go full autism, you dumb fuck. We have this conversation EVERY FUCKING TIME. People find the rulesets fun, and they don't have to work as hard for them to be "good". This means they put in less work for optimization, unless they want to optimize for some absurdly niche, silly thing (like fighting with a bladed scarf or something) that's flavorful.

A ZS/OD warder who is a bland beatstick using a clearly roundabout way to deal a gorrillion damage every other turn usually does not have an interesting character attached to it. It also makes that player look like a piece of steaming shit. Like you.

>Big slow oldest bro
>Bratty, slutty middle sister with nimble fingers
>Clever little sister with a silver tongue and magic

Cool. Is Power Attack and Raging Vitality still rad as hell?

Stop poisoning the minds of the youth with your rites of supplication! A mere Mesmerist can matchmake just as well! What's so special about your precious 'goddess?'

I mean, I play a qt choco rogue in one of my 5e games, so I'm well suited for it.

She's Literally Best Girl.

Athetits need to leave.

Because "I am a spherecaster" doesn't automatically mean "I'm an Incanter 1/Sorcerer 1/Wizard 1/Elementalist 17 for full destruction cheese"?

Because "I'm an initiator" doesn't automatically mean "I'm a ZweiSent OrdDef 4/Brutal Slayer 1 with Broken Blade, Shattered Mirror, Primal Fury, and a custom 2d6 19-20 monk weapon"?

Are you seriously so autistic and stupid that you HAVE to assume everyone is going to go full-cheese when given open-ended rules?

>A ZS/OD warder who is a bland beatstick using a clearly roundabout way to deal a gorrillion damage every other turn usually does not have an interesting character attached to it.
This is 100% Stormwind Fallacy and it's never been true, not even in any /pfg/ game.

I mean, shit, even the real 2hu's wizard had like the longest backstory in Molthune.

Excessively long

Autists just put the most effort into both build and backstory.

Depends. Are you offering to be the bratty sister? Cause I'm kinda dead set on playing a male.

Please don't assign me the slow and dumb traits. ;_;

>longest
>implying length = quality

user, "usually" does not mean "never". "Interesting" can also mean any number of things, and 2hu having the longest backstory didn't make his character interesting in the slightest. The level of optimization being pointed at is also NOT the level I've seen any applicants for games go to. Seriously. Point me at someone (that isn't 2hu) who has ACTUALLY gone to the mindnumbing levels of optimization the PoW/SoP bitching always whines about.

I would be overjoyed to play a bratty, slutty choco elb.
Who secretly wants to be tied up with her own whip and used

Is there any reason not to ever be an archer if you're a martial? Mechanically speaking it seems to be strictly superior

Why does /pfg/ obsess so much over backstories with these character apps?

The best games I've ever played, whether with my friends or some online pick-up-group with randos, has had characters with literally one or two sentence backstories. We had some great times, intense roleplaying, and some epic ambitions from our characters. Not even in the "beer and pretzels" way, but legit in-depth roleplaying.

Meanwhile, /pfg/ is so autistic over backstories as if they're the be-all end-all.

Why? Is it because they're the only way to judge a character in the "round up 30-40 applications" stage?

I've gotta agree with this.

It's more important to have a conversation about a character's backstory than have them work on a big complex backstory in a vacuum.

>I'm going to lose the optimization argument, so I'll start a new one and still sound smug about it

They're not really necessary since you can buff yourself with some spells, and if you go Primalist you can trade out a Bloodline Power for two Rage Powers which can take the place of those feats.

It was an interesting character! Just not what tickled the GM's fancy.

What's the best 1pp archer class?

>Why? Is it because they're the only way to judge a character in the "round up 30-40 applications" stage?
No, it's attempting to sway the DM by suggesting people with optimised characters will make for troublesome RP, and thus lower the chances of people with higher optimisational skills from getting in.

Here's your (You).

I think it's supposed to show investment in your character. That way the GM knows this isn't just some throwaway page of stats that you're going to lose interest in and just sit there on your cellphone going "I attack whoever's attacking me, if no one's attacking me I attack whoever's attacking my closest ally. Tell me when it's my turn again."

Because that was the only thing we had to do for a game that had a 3 month delay before applications opened up, and that game also required the PCs to have a connection to a number of NPCs and a stake in the world. So for lack of anything better to do, anons pissed away time with character essays as a fun little exercise, which has caught on. Because it's fun.

It's fun to make character backstories. For some reason that caught on for other games.

Hunter if you want to mess with teamwork feats, Slayer or (weirdly enough) Fighter otherwise. Avoid the trap of Ranger, they're basically worse Fighters at this point. Paladins can also do well at the job, but they need to invest EVERYTHING into it since they normally are assumed to be going into melee.