40k general

>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values STOP FUCKING ASKING
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

ironhands.com/chapters.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"It's a 106 light years to Terra, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of Imperial heroes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it."

Nice to see drawfags are still fighting the good fight.

Am I imagining things or is the Castigator an incredibly good weapon?

I feel like Invuln saves screw me over big time a lot these days.

Same goes for the Rechlusiam sword relic. Spending those 20 points on the Burning Blind just to kill myself with it annoys me.

Draw me a toaster burning heretical bread.

So am I right in thinking the only way to get Traitor Knight rules in in Traitor's Hate?

>I feel like Invuln saves screw me over big time a lot these days.

It's a neat little toy, but it's only a St4, 12" range shot. Basically if you fancy throwing a Plasma Pistol on your commander, for the same price, you can give up St7 in exchange for not overheating and ignoring Invulnerables.

So Deathstrikes, yay or nay? Im thinking of adding two to my Black Templar force.

>Not charging into nuclear fire

Is there a good way to make a Hawk Lords army without being annoying and massing flyers under 1000 points?

God fucking dammit Veeky Forums, I feel like a scumbag. I've been a CSM fan since I found out about them. I thought they were the coolest shit ever. And I always hesitated on pulling the trigger on actually buying them, because their rules sucked and I'd like to play a decently balanced game.

Then Traitor Legions comes out. "Finally!" I say to myself, "They seem to be on the level!" Veeky Forums was excited, my FLGS who had let me play proxies and hang out as long as I bought a few RPG books was excited. It was great. There was a bit of a wobble when my Death Guard boys ended up looking a bit TOO strong, but I got over that.

Now, not a month after finally ordering my first army, and painting my first models, GW gives the Imperium a formation which allows them to have epic last stands back-to-back with great allies. Everything my dick gets hard for, but for the faction I didn't pick.

Now I'm looking at my first model - my very first Death Guard - and I'm bitter. "Why can't you stand shoulder to shoulder with your brother legions in the same formation?" I ask him. "Why can't you have your own codex, with unique Death Guard units? What the fuck is so great about Space Wolves, and Blood Angels, and the whole damn Imperium, that they get fifteen codexes to build this formation with, and you get nothing but daemons?"

It wasn't until I could hold the model in my hands that I realized the true bitter saltiness that CSM players experience. I actually thought about selling them on the down-low and buying an Imperial army. I don't want to be That Guy, Veeky Forums.

That one flyer, Stormtalon I think? The one with Rhino armor and guns and it's a tiny little box.

Those are relatively easy to glance with autocannons, etc.

Thats why Im thinking of getting two but I just wanted to know what everyone thought of Deathstrikes. To me they are awesome and the idea of charging with a creeping barrage of nuclear fire is 40k as fuck.

I want pics of terrain and dioramas. Doesn't gotta be your's but it is welcomed.

Sounds like you should play IW.

IW don't have anything the DG doesn't, faggot.

There's also Chaos Knights but I think you're better off with the Renegade Knight rules.

It was a meme.

Did the Thousand Suns ever scavenge any of their equipment lost as Prospero?

I don't remember it being said that Russ ever did.

not 40k related but still good

Oh... Right... Bitter Iron Warriors...

I'm sorry user, but I'm not in much of a memeing mood...

I was looking at GW and stumble upon this beauty

I still feel like that much air power is going to be annoying, especially for people who aren't expecting it.

Adeptus Titanicus soon

take a normal space marine army and paint them like hawk lords?

Like, chapters use basically every bit of gear. They aren't at MAX GIMMICK ALL DAY ERRY DAY. For a 1,000 point army, just take some marines. Airborne units in real life take tanks and shit (the thunderhawk even used to have the ability to carry a rhino in the front ramp, locust style), so anything really goes.

This is exactly what I imagined.

Now draw heretical bread burning a toaster.

isn't the old version like mechwarrior?

$350?!

the new version will also be like mechwarrior, except somehow more convoluted

good photoshop

Don't worry, you can afford that. Enjoy yourself a little some time.

>don't have Traitors Hate
>it's fucking valueless now that Traitor Legions exists
>need Traitors Hate if I want to play with a £95 model
Good job GW, dataslate rules fucking when

Maybe. Depends on the meta.

Just start with a battle company or similar. Go from there.

>it's fucking valueless now that Traitor Legions exists
So buy it from Ebay for cheap, retard.
IK: Renegade came with the rules in a booklet, too, so either find that somewhere or, again, buy the booklet for cheap from a third party.

Because those "brother legions" lack the ENDURANCE that Mortarion demanded.

Where other legions would waiver, The Death Guard thrived.

Where other legions would cowardly approach flanks, The Death Guard anchored the battle line.

Where other legions would use the crutch of technology, The Death Guard trust in the bolter and the chainsword.

Where other legions would concede to sorcery, The Death Guard believed the only good witch is a dead witch.

Now go, fill your lungs with the smell of phosphex and plague in the morning.

Random bug actually. Reloaded the page and it got solve.

It's okay user. Hazard crotch understands.

how convoluted are we talking? i already need a spreadsheet and laminated paper for my daemons

When are mixed weapons units ever useful? Deathwatch with mix of assault weapons and melee weapons?

Chaos Knights are better than Renegade Knights in a KdK list since they give Blood Tithe.

Arguably grav cannon + combi melta. Immobilize tank, then do 2 HP if the melta damages.

Instead of just spamming flyers you could spam assault squads AND flyers, like take a Bladewing formation supported by Raptorwing acting like a tax of sorts so your force isnt that one dimensional. Why Assault squads you ask? Because I think they're related to a flyer heavy force as they are either being dropped from fliers or being supported by flyers, same goes for drop pod marines.

Fire Hawk CT are nice for such a force but you could use UM/RG CT.

I appreciate that you drew me as a Death Guard marine.

That's not a bad speech.

Suppose I do have a pretty bad case of "grass is always greener". Might as well see what 8th has in store.

Thanks, Veeky Forums. You guys actually made me feel better. Even

Every time I see a WWII tank I have flashbacks to Warthunder

Crossing bridged with people behind me. It fucking stressing now, any time now the fucker behind me will ram my car into the river.

Never. Constraint of how the game works.

I'm gearing up to do a close quarters combat/melee Guard army for fun and I am stuck wondering what I should make the HQ. I'm torn between using Straken or Yarrick.

Straken has better buffs for the army. especially because I'll have at least 90 bodies with Priests and Psychic buffs to make them more resilient, so Straken's offensive buffs would help round them out, but he's such a point sink. I've considered running him and his squad basically bare bones, but at the same time I'm tempted to make a big Straken death star.

Yarrick doesn't offer as much benefit, but he has a really hard time dying, especially in a blob of 30-40 men. A bit cheaper than Straken and his unit and easier to keep alive, so I feel like I could take more. I could also run him with the Bullgryn.

Straken is the one I want to bring more, but I feel like the points saved from taking Yarrick or just a Lord Commissar, would allow me to have a stronger army over all. Does anyone have any experience with either of those characters in 7th?

Hmm...I see what you mean. I'll have to look through some other units to find some good stuff that fits.

I had been considering a couple assault squads for a bit of variety, though I may need to focus on them a bit more heavily.

Fire Hawks seems like a good option. Better than my idea of Mantis Warriors for +1 to reserve rolls at least.

>Straken is the one I want to bring more

Done.

Chaos boys don't have the comradeship that loyalists do. You picked a faction of backstabbing muppets. I read a story today about Death Guard that attacked Word Bearers without provocation. Enjoy your bikers, you git.

Make sure to take some Sentinels too.

This, I made a manticore over deathstrike, and he ap 4 is kinda lame; only good against vehicles when fighting meqs

So as a general rule of thumb, how many special weapons, heavy weapons, and/or fire bases do you need to do well in a a) casual army, b) average army, c) WAAC netlist?

For example, a firebase would be something like a Wraithknight, Riptide, Stormsurge, or Imperial Knight. Something with either tons of guns, or only one or two guns but can fire all of them and will probably be firing all game long.

As another measurement, the Eldar scatterbike list has 18 Scatter Laser heavy weapons, a WK firebase, and a lot of Warp Spiders. A Space Marine Battle Company will have 6+ transports which fire 1 heavy weapon and/or special weapon each, and Space Marine bike armies have 2-3 special weapons per troop.

My casual army only has like 4 LC Devastators and a meltagun and plasma gun at 1850 and 2 TLLC from a Land Raider so I'm kind of worried I'm going to lose every single game when people are bringing 3 Riptides or 20 grav guns.

So you either were a fan for years and never played, or you were a fan for years but played an army you didn't like as much because it had better rules. Either way you're a faggot.

Perhaps it is good to go with the gut feeling. Thanks.

Definitely. Sentinels are great. I'm considering doing the Emperor's Talon because boss Sentinel sounds cute.

Make the right choice, user. If you love DG for their looks, lore and crunch, continue on the path you started.

If there's even one of those three you don't care about, then turn your back on our grandfather, and play the armies of ignorance. He will not forget.

Even for mixing assault weapons and melee? Either way the goal is to charge.

If an ordinary space marine had relentless a bolter would be better than a pistol + ccw even for assault, since bs4 s4 ap5 usually works out stronger than ws4 s4 ap-

The frag cannon and infernus bolter are both assault weapons, and the deathwatch shotguns have like three different firing modes including template.

BAIT FOR THE BAIT GOD

SHIT FOR THE SHIT POSTS

>I thought they were the coolest shit ever. And I always hesitated on pulling the trigger on actually buying them, because their rules sucked

Grow up you big baby, DG are probably the best legion for Chaos and you get access to demons as allies. You dont start an army because its meta or OP or whatever, that makes you a fucking faggot! You start an army because you like the fluff, you like the way it looks and you would like to get a game or two with them as you work through painting whatever. Shit I started Black Templars back in 5th when they had an FAQ/Errata as big as their codex, they sucked shit and I lost all my games throughout 6th-7th because their rules always sucked shit BUT ITS MY ARMY!

Own your army, its a project, its a hobby, enjoy it because rules may change but they will always be YOUR DUDES!.

I don't like the aesthetics or lore of death guard, and the idea of foots logging plague marines sounds dreadful boring, but I love the idea of having Relentless on everything.

So, user from the other thread. How's this look for a non-convocation list? I'll probably make one but I'd also like to have a 'fun' list full of all the units I like. Wish I had room for Kastelans somewhere but I don't. Blah.

>implying that the blood angels unique codex is good

Great user now i gotta go buy an entire dark eldar army. Thanks ill write you the bill

Define "casual." Casual in my meta might be average in yours, or viseversa.

Really it depends almost entirely on your meta.

>mfw faggots who get supplements and shit whine about them not being good enough or "not enough rulebooks" when some chapters don't even have a chapter tactic or named IC or unique models or any supplement at all

then get out you powergaming faggot. We don't need more like you tarnishing our reputation.

>not liking the lore or aesthetics
why fucking bother, you may as well be that "Death Guard blood angels" goon that IG guy who can't resize pics was playing against

>when some chapters don't even have a chapter tactic or named IC or unique models or any supplement at all

is... is a space marines player actually whining that SPACE MARINES don't have enough rulebooks?

well if you're facing stuff like that you gotta up your cheese or ask them to do more casual lists

those lists you listed were cheese and commonly found in tournament lists. a casual eldar list might have bikes but 1 scatterlaser per 3 and not as many warp spiders.

>then get out you powergaming faggot. We don't need more like you tarnishing our reputation.

>death guard

>not power gaming trash

huehuehuehue

ITT: SPACE MARINES DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RULES / CODEXES / SUPPLEMENTS

WEW FUCKING LAD

Some of us enjoy their history, looks, and conversion opportunities. 100% Footsloggers and no bikes for me. Don't need them :^)

>you can't use 99% of those rulebooks
>but they count as yours anyway

Is a CSM player whining about not having enough supplements when they have like 4 supplements and two primary faction codexes?

>mfw these dumb niggers don't realize Chaos Space Marines are also Space Marines and everything they're saying actually applies to

Why are you retards so angry that people start up factions because they are meta? Stop being bitter children and grow up

Personally every faction should have at most two books.

One for the vanilla version and one for the flavoured versions.

For example: Codex Tyranids and Codex Hive Fleets
Codex Eldar and Codex Craftworld
Codex Imperial Guard and Codex Regiments of the Imperial Guard
Codex Space Marines and Codex Angels of Death.

Any more than that is just adding bloat for bloat sake.

I like the idea of an ever advancing mass of putrid flesh that just won't die. Including some Daemons and Nurglings because that's fluffy as hell. The big 4 need to be fluffy, not power gaming trash. Otherwise you're wasting possible narrative and converting potential.

yeah and like codex chaos space marines and traitor legions, I'm with you, I get you man

>codex: Regiments of the Imperial Guard
If only user... If only

Exactly. Lore exists for a reason, it separates those who enjoy the hobby as a whole from the WAAC goons.

Yeah, a Star Phantoms player has the right to tell a TRAITOR LEGION player whining about not having enough rules to shut the fuck up. All those Blood Angels and Space Wolf releases sure are useful for those Star Phantoms, I tell ya hwut.

Seconded.

>Star Phantoms
>a real chapter

ahahahaHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

HEY GUYS, IT SURE SUCKS MY DOESN'T HAVE OFFICIAL RULES

>Personally every faction should have at most one book

Fixed. And I play Space Marines. It's ironic you faggots are now crying about Space Marines having too many books when really you're just jealous you don't have a lot of books.

I own the tau and kauyon books. Amidoinitrite

When is the next Made to Order iteration due?

What should i take in a 1,000pt imperial fist list? noob here, just wanna know what to buy.

They have rules

Tac Squads and Devastators are your bread and butter.

They do have rules for them user

You said your making it for fun right? Go Straken.

Playing around with the Necron book and came up with an interesting list.

Living Tomb Formation.
>Monolith = 200
>Monolith = 200
>Obelisk = 00

CAD
HQ
>Cryptek = 65
>Cryptek = 65

Troops
>Warriors X 20 = 260
>Warriors X 20 = 260

Heavy Support
>Heavy Destroyer = 50
>Heavy Destroyer = 50
>Heavy Destroyer = 50

Total 1500

Pretty mean turn two alpha strike with everything but the destroyers being a guaranteed turn two deep strike with the monoliths being able to come in on point if with in 12 of the obelisk, and then the warriors being able to pop out of the monoliths.

Oh, so the Star Phantoms should have their own codex before the Legions is what he meant?

This is why Veeky Forums is shit these days, the ignorant run their mouth too much. Where do these retards even get this confidence? Dunning-Kruger effect?

no user, it's a space marine player WHINING THAT SPACE MARINES DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RULEBOOKS

Angels of Death
Champion of Fenris
Blood Angels
Dark Angels
Deathwatch
Grey Knights
Space Marines
Space Wolves
Angels Blade
Shield of Baal
War Zone Fentris

And which chapter deserves their own chapter tactics rule or IC/unique models?

Only Angels of Death is Space Marines. All the rest are GK/BA/SW/DA and can't be used by any army except those.

no, no, you're right, it's the anons that are wrong

all of these chapters ironhands.com/chapters.htm deserve their own official codex book

No, you're right, user is wrong, your totally important and relevant chapter deserves special rules.

>fall of cadia
>no love at all for guard

this would literally be like if there was a campaign called "battle for Titan" and there was no Grey Knight love, or "war for commorragh" with no Deldar

i love what GW has done this past year and really think they are on the up but really? not a single guard formation? no new rules for creed or something?

>"but theres a cadia supplement"
that was forever ago plus plenty of older dex's (CSM, Wolves) have had multiple supplements

seriously I'm not even mad, it just baffles me, like flavorfully it makes no sense, can someone point out what I'm missing?

Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Chaos Space Marines
Black Legion
Renegades & Heretics
Imperial Guard
Traitor Legions
Traitor's Hate
Crimson Slaughter