Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Get In The Van Edition
If it ain't broke strap an assault cannon to it Sub-Edition
Uncle Vulkan burned the last bread, our Primarchs' vans don't have flat tires, the homebrewed Sallie traits continued, we had an accident with IW models and arguing, and Anons had a fit about the BAs. All of this plus much more in the last bread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>White Dwarves
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>November 16
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
>Will of Iron
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aBKJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First For the IVth!

Obligatory countdown to Inferno.

24 Days.

That guy looks like he's been through some things.
It will be here before this happens.

Assault Van never ends.

Night Lords if you build the tacs as Terror Squads. I'd recommend getting some Volkite Charger resin kits for that.

Alpha Legion works too. Both of those legions have mobility boosts that helps them function without transports.

Emperor's Children miiiight work since Maru Skara gives you outflank, and that works well for big shooty units even if they're slow. But you'd have to buy a lot of other stuff, like fast units for your Open Hand.

Death Guard and Iron Warriors players keep trying to play footsloggers without having infiltrate or outflank. That's easily countered and not as fun, imo, and Mk IV doesn't look right for them anyway.

>666
Can't wait for the Inferno

Where do your "your dudes" legionnaires hail from?

My command echelon is spread from all over Terra, save a few of the younger consuls, and the rank-and-file come from all over.

Can you not see the English?

I meant "vodka" as in "drunk".
It's written in drunk. Even actual drunk, aka portuguese, is easier to read.

I didn't ask to be Satan.
It's probably fitting then, user.
>Portuguese
What do you got against them?

Looking for a good Praetor model in Tartaros armor. I'm not seeing any characters in Tartaros on FW's site.

You are tonight's designated Satan, take this:
>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>What have you got against them?
It simply sounds like drunken spanish :^)

Thanks, though there's always the option of buying more, right?

Hey anons, is there any significance to the black helmeted color scheme on the Word Bearer in the BaC book? I have HH5, and it's not in there, nor does it describe it's meaning either. And in HH5, no tactical markings and such like the Ultrmarines or other legions are listed either?

I'm sort of confused on this.

Maybe it's some sort of squad/company/chapter markings? Like how the regular WB asked "why are the Serrated Suns red?"

Al, they're just a diet Spain but with flags that tell folks what they think of kebab.

I dunno. So far it seems like WB are the only legion who don't use any tactical markings whatsoever, which is the odd part. I'd post a picture if I can, but I can't find any and I'd rather not take one with my phone.

My expeditionary fleet has an above average number of the OG Terran recruits mixed in with all the Baalite youngsters

>flags that tell folks what they think of kebab
What flags?

Also, XVIth thread.
Luna Wolves or Sons of Horus?

>tfw your Primarch dies and your legion is afflicted with the curse of Black Rage, but you never notice because you were surrounded by Terrans to begin with

If I could use gimp and had my computer I could do a Wake me up inside edit for the IH.

If only I could freehand that well.

They both have baller color schemes, but I think SoH are better.

>truescale is just a terminator chest and legs

Lazy af familius

Meanwhile, have this one.

It is not meant to be truescale and never was. It just looks fucking awesome.

user, terrans suffered the Red Thirst the most because back then Sanguinius wasn't there to stabilize the geneseed.
And after Horus punched Sanguinius so hard all his family felt it, terrans weren't spared the Black Rage either.

He's a big guy.

Terran version of anything is better than the non-Terran version. Dusk Raiders, War Hounds, Heralds of Truth, and ESPECIALLY Ultramarines and Raven Guard. Brutal barbarian Ultramarines? What?

They do have Chaplain and Tactical icons, but mostly they use Colchisian runes, hidden burning lore and presumably standard Principia Belicosa icons?

I personally am leaning toward SOH because I like the various things I can do with the gang member aesthetic they have. LW would be easier, but I am delaying painting until I have AT LEAST another 50 hours of painting models under my belt so I might as well aim high.

>He's a big guy.
We make em big in the IV legion, boy!

Seriously tho i love the look of his marines done like that. I would do it in a heartbeat if it did not require parts from so many models (poor fag) and did not then make me want to upscale everything in the army

Actually, since that's listed under 'The Legion of Old', and has the stone grey colors rather than the black, we can assume that's there for historical purposes.

Also, I REALLY wish that the Black Comets had their own transfer sheets.

Don't know what book you're talking about, but I've seen people give their WB veterans black helmets.

Alread have it.
This one for example. Took me forever to find it. As for your other question Moon Wolves.

The EC and regular renegades sure did have interesting color schemes back in the day.

Oh man just wait till I've made the full unit of 10 when parts come in. Going to get an original Rhino for the Bitter Boy Clown Car.

Did the World Eaters have anywhere in particular they recruited from after finding Angron?

I laughed louder than I thought I was going to.
Kebab is nice as a taco
Hmm you're right.
So they went from Colchisian glyphs to Hidden Lore, and they also use Galifreyan-esque on their armours.
Random gibberish to the uninitiated, an explicit statement for the faithful to Lorgar's new creed.
So WB tactical markings are mostly runestuff.
>Terran version of anything is better than the non-Terran version
Most of the time, yes.
I like how the Barbaran DG see Mortarion as their messiah or sorts.
But War Hounds and specially Imperial Heralds, damn.
I wish there was an Imperial Herald character, not unlike Endryd.
Also, Pale Nomads a best.

From many worlds, but most notably not Nuceria.
Bodt was a muster-training world.
Was.

I guess a "true scale" Rhino would be as big as a Land Raider

Why did you laugh?

This is the first time I've seen a grox.

I did not expect it to be so explicit, it took me by surprise.
And I happen to find most kinds of exaggeration funny.
Also, I'm a tiny bit fucked up: watching Saving Private Ryan as a kid wasn't the smartest idea.

The Portuguese aren't shy about showing their history of removing Moors.

I take it that's the training?

>recommending Averland Sunset as-is for the Iron Warrior hazard stripes
Nope. In my experience, unaltered Averland Sunset is orange, and that's over white. I made the mistake as a noob of putting it over Imperial Primer, and it looked orange-brown, not even a light orange, a dark orange.

A lot of their legions are too bright in my opinion:
>Alpha Legion But still canon-appropriate.
>Space Wolves Fine if you want them to look more like 40k Wolves though, it's just my subjective preference to have them more grey than blue.
>Word Bearers Khorne Red is the colour to use, not Mephiston, particularly jarring when two other legions use Mephiston.
>Salamanders Just my preference again.
>Imperial Fists Imperial Bananas more like

Death Guard are a bit too brown as well for my liking.
The bright palette of whoever (St Duncan?) made this guide makes the black and white legions look great though, and the Ultramarines and EC look nice too.

Can I get a bash on my list for 2000 pts?
Emperors children
3rd company elites

Praetor = PB/DL/IH/SS/MB

1 apothecary
10 palatine - SS/5PS/MB

3x6 kakophony- rhino/multimelta

1 storm Eagle- CS
1 lightening - 6 kraken missilw/ground tracking/servicer
3 javalins

3 sky hunter jet bikes-3MM

The booklet that comes with BaC.

> every truescale marine is secretly alpharius

Looks decent though I would swap the Kakos and the Rite of War for Maru Skara and get the Palatine+Storm Eagle+Lighting arrive on turn 2.

But Saint Duncan of the Two Thin Layers says to use Mephiston, and Mephiston it shall be!

You mean Sky Slayer jetbikes (heavy support).

Not sure the Kakophony need Rhinos, since their weapons are heavy and long-ranged. The list lacks staying power though. You'll either win big or get tabled a lot of the time.

>he runs one of the other seventeen legions but doesn't have one modelled as you-know-who

Row gives them relentless

I could swap them out for 3x 10 tacts with upgraded Sgt and rhino with mm

What are some good counts as for Gal Vorbak?

Alpharius

>"Sadly, the /HHG/ dream is dead. But if I get released, I will bring it back, bigger and better than ever."

Please stop taunting us. Let us dream.

I WOULD SWAP THEM OUT FOR ULTRAMARINES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST CHAPTER.

>we're gonna build a Webway and make Magnus pay for it

>actually it'll just be a big throne nvm

>we're going to build a wall of fortified planets around the Eye
>okay guys we built Cadia and all and the rest of the wall will just be border posts and some barb wire

Halp, I need a leader for my army. Are there no characters in Tartaros armor? Even a named character I could convert would be nice.

Son, you missed out on that one a long, long time ago.

Which legion?

>What would be the best way to represent Oddyseus as an Ultramarine? I almost want to say he wouldn't be a praetor.
Are you sure you don't want him to be a Praetor? The UMs have the Praetor-exclusive Mantles of Ultramar, artificer suits with inbuilt FnP and Blind-immunity, retrieved STOLEN from a derelict ship (The Argos) floating on the borders of the Seyrn (Syren?) Reach.

Why don't you tell me what do you see in Ulysses that you want to reflect on the battlefield.

Death Guard, but I'll take anything in Tartaros.

>A)
I think the Legion Tribune is a Master of the Legion with a Paragon Blade, Digiweapons, clad in Tartaros Terminator armour and Iron Halo. He's 15pts cheaper than what an equivalent Termie Praetor would be, but lacks a ranged weapon. But I think he was an event character.

>B)
It's so he can roll with the Deathshroud, right?

Use a Deathshroud?

There was one limited edition Tartaros Praetor model. I'd have suggested either Deathshroud or Typhon to convert but I'll assume you already have or plan to get those, in which case I suggest you convert any suitable Cataphractii. Unless you get the limited edition one, which is possible, I found a legit Autillon Skorr on ebay. The only issue is that the guy doesn't look suitably Death Guard, he has scales hanging from pauldrons and has an ugly face so you'd have to get him a helmet.

Limited edition Praetor Tribune in artificer Tartaros

Best way to rep Oddyseus as an Ultramarine?

I just want him to fit in with my BoP Tartaros unit.

But they're not Tartar sauce.

I may look into recasters and/or eBay then. I'm okay with doing a bit of conversion.

>deathshrouds
>not in tartaros

U dun goof'd.

Oh, hah, Just missed your reply. I want a dude who is more cunning than CHALLENGE!

Alpha Legion Saboteur

A Vigilator, then.

Speak of the devil I am currently in the throws of painting said tart praetor as well as a couple other HQs for my DG. Piss easy to make him fit in, will go withr my deathshroud or the 5 tarts from BoP

Nice rapey-looking Praetor.
But what will you use the Warpsmith for?

Master of the forge with conversion Beamer coupled with some servitors with rad missile launchers. Made him so I can take the brethren of iron or whatever RoW that gives you some mechanicum units for shits and giggles

>dropper bottles carelessly tossed in the back
>GW bottles proudly displayed in majority of rack

Here's one drawback of dropper bottle brands: they tip over fucking easy.

Limited my ass, the real deal is still available on eBay. Its not even worth the money.

>it's available on eBay and I don't like it, therefore it's not a limited edition

Take your autism and leave.

How can you tell it's not a recast?

And what are the rules again?

Have you masterbated to female versions of your primarch today? It's the only true way to show devotion to your legion.

If its in the original box or has the original box its probably the real deal.

Daughters =\= Femprimarchs

Daughter or femprimarch. My dick doesn't know the difference.

Nah user I just give no fucks about those bottles because they are almost empties that I have for touch up work. I keep my full bottles next to my airbrush booth with the rest of that kit in the garage.

Thanks user been looking for this shit.

>Not just masturbating to your Primarch
Yet more proof that the Sons of Horus are the only real legion!

>>Not just masturbating to your Primarch
Then move aside, baldy

Night, /hhg/. Have a quote from a man who's have a nightmare if he saw Chaos, Genestealer cults, Tau, or the Alpha Legion.

Speaking of Fulgrim, that story in The Primarchs collection where the captains of his legion torture and interrogate him veered hard into comedic territory somehow, probably because of how absurd the scene was.

Oh that was just the start of HH becoming comedy. That so many memes started from what BL published is because of good reasons.

>muh victory

Fulgrim's original story of being body hijacked by a demon after falling into eternal angst was already pretty gud with the potential of a future redemption story angle. Then they had to create that utterly retarded torture arc where "IT WAS I, FULGRIM, ALL ALONG! I LIKE DICKS AFTER ALL!"

>not having the same stupid bowlcut straight across bangs like the male version

Don't know why people like that hairstyle on women anyway.

It's cute.

Sauce?

They should have kept it to being date raped by Horus.