EDH/Commander general

Another Low Effort Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Soon we can grow up and lose these links

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/justice-is-blind-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drago-tron/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [W] [R] ![G] ![B] ![U]&type= ["Legendary"] ["Creature"]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some of the Kamigawa legends are super rad

snak

hissssssssssssssssssss

My buddy plays tribal snakes with a voltorn subthem and it is tons of funs.

He uses the UG snake commander from the precon but I cant remember his name right now.

Kaseto.

Any cool tech for Toshiro Umezawa?
Just stack good instants and sweepers? Anything cool, or fun you'd think would fit well?

Rate? tappedout.net/mtg-decks/justice-is-blind-1/

would play against/2

Easiest and or cheapest Simic commander to build?

Thats the one.

It is deceptively good for our tier two decks.
(Our group ranks all decks 1-3 base on power level)

It has all the snake legends like OP, Sakiko, Sachi and Sosuke.

We randomize our decks sometimes and it was really fun to pilot.

It has great card draw and with all the tribal support and some good equipments Kaseto gets commander damage pretty easily on at least one person.

Edric, spymaster of trest.
Can be done for literally under $20
Just use any cheap evasion dudes and a few wincons

Could Samurai or Ninjas make for a decent tribal?

>Anything cool, or fun you'd think would fit well?

Kothophed, Soul Hoarder gives good value when you are casting multiple kill spells.

Withering Boon for that sweet face your opponent makes when you counter his commander (twice).

Sphinx-Bone Wand can probably get big but is weaker in multiplayer, still extra removal.

Thanks. I really like those colors. I just hate that blue "staples" are so god awful expensive.

Maybe all the Black cantripping instants?

I think some people have tried to build him with Storm.

Decently casual sure.

In a budget build-off at my shop someone made mono-u ninjas with Higure, the Still Wind.

The shitty part about ninjitsu is you have to keep bouncing him back to your hand.

Luckily that isnt hard with blue.

?

You realize we link the old threads so we can navigate the catalogue, right? Just fucking do it, or don't make new threads.

But I don't care and it triggers autists like you

I can't check, but is that Ruhan?! I think I gave you that name.

You mean one of two people who make good threads? Fine, enjoy looking for the pasta in the archives when it autosages at some stupid hour, you negligent Fuck.

Repostin from last thread cuz I need some feedback on this Yidris upgrade I was planning. What do you guys think?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/

Post secret tech

Yeah, I'm the same user. thanks again for the name.

For my second deck I want to make Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme.

Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
Does mono red have enough protection for voltron?

My deck right now Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath that I got to start commander with but I am a bit tired of how its been playing lately.

The fuck is the wording of the last sentence?

>Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme.
It could work in a casual enviroment where Walker Ob is viable probably.

Have you considered running a deck with more than one color though?

They tend to have more dimension.

I'm just hype someone cared about my silly names. I wish you much luck user.

Nvm, got it.

>blue cards used in this deck
>cyclonic rift

you cant tap fewer than all opponents land

which is why the card is shit. If your opponent has any tapped lands it doesnt work.

You can tap something that is already tapped. It just means you can't choose to only tap some of their lands.

>Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
Any mono color deck is doable at that budget.

Go to edhrec and check him out I bet you can get a ton of good equipments and dragons and fit them into your deck.

Then it will just be a matter of testing it out and seeing what works.

The oracle text is this:

Target player activates a mana ability of each land he or she controls. Then put all mana from that player's mana pool into yours.

Cyclonic rift goes in every blue deck except thief

>Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme
Don't do that to yourself. Trust me, it's not great.

Make Zirilan instead.

Does anyone have an Ertai list? The esper one, he looks kinda fun

Cyclonic rift is gay

>Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
This took me 10 minutes with edhrec and tapped out, have fun kiddo.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drago-tron/

Well, don't play it.

It's stupid not to, though.

>put into your graveyard from your library
>from your library

i saw now that i read it wrong

>"Hey user, your ghave deck is so cheap, I bet a monkey could win with it."
>he's playing counterspell talarand
>offer to switch decks for a match and play against each other
>he starts talking a big game about how skillful his combos are and how devastating his complicated game plan is
>first game, he gets off to a good start with some early ramp
>tries to play t4 Kalonian Hydra
>counter spell
>immediately tries to cast ghave next turn
>let it stick
>turn after he pops every single counter off ghave for all his mana
>I play fucking storm tide leviathan
>he laughs, scoops, and says he got off to a bad start
>game 2 I control magic his juniper order ranger and talarand my way to victory
>game 3 he spends 7 turns fucking around with combo parts, before calling my deck shit and giving up
>we swap back
>kill him t4 with ninth bridge patrol after comboing ghave with hardened scales and ashnods
Oh man, highlight of my life right there.

>kill him t4 with ninth bridge patrol after comboing ghave with hardened scales and ashnods
How? Just hyperspeed commander damage?

>Ashnods
>Ghave
T4 means he sacced a mana dork to get the ball rolling. Then 9th gets 2 counters, remove a counter to make a sap. Sac sap to Ashnods, repeat. He probably did it on the opponent's turn.

The fact that he let a T4 naked Ghave stick means he's bad.

Found her in my FLGS 50¢ and she is stupid good in my MonoB Stax. A nice alternative sac outlet to Viscera Seer and Ashnod's Altar.

Simple, actually.

>t1 hardened scales
>t2, sol ring, harrow, ninth bridge patrol
>t3 Ghave
>t4 ashnod's, tap one land, pop a counter off ghave, sac it to ashnods, which adds 2 counters to ninth bridge and 2 mana, use 1 floating to pop another counter off ninth bridge, sac it to ashnods for 2 mana and 2 counters, pop a counter off ninth bridge, sacrifice it to ashnods for 2 mana and 2 counters, etc
>swing with 10,000/ 10,000 Ninth Bridge Patrol into an empty board with 10,000 1/1 tokens back, using the floating infinite mana to pull half of them off ninth bridge to buff the board
Admittedly, the mana ramp was all luck, and so was top decking good things, but it was still half knowing that all those moving parts will combo off together when I saw them in my hand.

Ghave is fucking ridiculous and it's great

Honestly, it's both the best deck I've ever built and I have so much fun using it, but people fucking hate playing against it, because it always feels like I win with some sort of fluke bullshit.

Bad players will think they're just unlucky, and let ghave actually hit the field. Good players know that the second ghave comes out, bad things are going to happen. Really good players will let ghave hit the field, chump block him, and blow up my token producers/sac outlets.

Anything good come in the mail today, /edhg/?

>it always feels like I win with some sort of fluke bullshit
That's pretty much Ghave in a nutshell. He combos with everything and it feels like a fluke, but I've let people play my Ghave deck and they've said "what the fuck did I just draw into," he's just a disgusting combo enabler

>Madblind Mountain
For what purpose?

Use Scroll Rack to get a new hand and shuffle away the crap one

The thing about ghave is, the deck can win without him in a number of ways, and the combos he sets up are just the generate cherry on top. He's also in disgusting removal colours, +1/+1 golgari decks are already very strong, and he has access to all that kick ass GW token tech.

Personally, I think he should be banned, but I'm not complaining until he is.

How much artifact/enchantment removal do you figure your decks ought to have?

I work in a card shop, so yeah, lots of shit came in the mail today. Nothing for me though.

>Playing at my FLGS
>Playing Kamahl, Fist of Krosa against Jank, Unsleeved Atraxa Superfriends, another Atraxa, Jenara, and Kynaios.
>Superfriends player is going on and on and how he's going to go off once he plays Doubling Season.
>Jenara player counters Doubling Season.
>He pouts a bit and keeps on playing cheap planeswalkers.
>He says we're fucked once he starts ulting behind his Fog Bank.
>Jenara plays Elesh Norn which kills any of the Superfriends player's defenses.
>Jenara beats his walkers to death.
>He keeps on about how if Doubling Season wasn't countered, he'd have won.
>While he's still being obnoxious about how fucked we'd be, I ask how many lands he has.
>He looks puzzled and says 5.
>"So, I'm going to pay five green and animate your lands."
>He looks confused and then remembers Elesh Norn.
>Mfw
>Mfw blowing up Elesh Norn and then hitting the rest of the table for 200+ damage to win.
God, it was so satisfying. Fuck Superfriends.

How much do you run?

I personally always have "some", but it's dependent on many factors. Every deck has at least 2 or 3, but I generally build decks prioritizing proper land ramp, card draw, and fancy creatures. It would be fair to say that removal, particularly noncreature removal, is a weakness in my arsenal, and outside of just throwing down a board wipe, I don't include very much.

I run allay in my superfriends_tokens.xls deck and a strong hope that I don't need it in Cromat-Voltron. Both are usually over kill or I never need it.

>Fuck Superfriends.
I don't blame you. I don't actually have a win con in my. I just make a million counters on things then see if I can break the highscores before someone kills me.

>How much do you run?
Too much, I think. I just dislike the thought of not having an answer to something, and I've noticed that artifacts and enchantments, if not enough people have packed removal for them, can be a real pain in the ass. The problem, of course, is when packing 6 enchantment/artifact removal spells means you don't draw whatever it is you actually need.

>cards wont get here till Saturday
>Counterbalance, Leyline of Sanctity, Oblivion Stone, Treachery, and Path to Exile for Hanna Super Friends
>Pact of Negation, Sheoldred, Whispering One and Vendilion Clique for Lazav
>Strip Mine for Jhoira
>Boseiju, Who Shelters All for Memnarch

I recently traded/sold a bunch of GW and BW staples I was saving to fuel my currently built decks.

Kind of wish I made my Newzuri deck better but it may be a good idea to have a calmer deck just in case.

>Unsleeved Atraxa Superfriends

how barbaric

That's funny, I know exactly what you mean. What kind of decks do you run?

I guess my philosophy is to wait until late game to nuke things with the occasional piece of spot removal. As a deck builder, I tend to make things that are very weak on the first few turns, but get progressively stronger as I'm allowed to build up a board. Because of this, I always pack as much draw/ramp as I can in hopes of winning through tempo, and my removal is really only to stop someone's tempo for a turn.

Unfortunately, that means I eat a lot of early hits as I'm building up my board, unless I have extreme magical christmasland, and I'd rather people play artifacts/enchantments because I think I can out-race most people, as long as they arent outright locking me down or killing me. If things get late game, I generally win because that means my opponents have wasted their removal in an attempt to out-pace me, but they still haven't taken me out of the game for whatever reason.

>What kind of decks do you run?
Here. Brion, Atarka, Gitrog, and Edric sound a lot like how you describe your own decks, in that they liked to build up dangerous boardstates. I'm more proactive than you are with artifacts/enchantment removal, though: if somebody has, say, a Blind Obedience that's annoying my Atarka deck, I want to have the means to remove it at hand ASAP.

I'm screwing around with Edric right now, which currently has:
>Reclamation Sage
>Trygon Predator
>Nullmage Advocate
>Fade into Antiquity
>Unravel the Aether
I just cut Nature's Claim, but I'm still not sure if 5 pieces is too many for a deck that maybe just ought to be focusing on counterspells.

Time for a late night POST 'EM BOYS

Working on Arcanis for blue

oops wrong one, oh well.

I'm picking up OG Ulamog, Heartless Hidetsugu and Bloodflow Connoisseur at my LGS when I play with my buddies after work tomorrow.

A few days ago an user made a joke about all Boros commanders being so "Turn sideways" that they were interchangeable. I liked the idea and already had an Anax and Cymede deck, so I thought why not.

The plan is to have every Boros commander and randomly select one at the beginning of the game. Going for a token/voltron theme will work with it I think, but if anyone has some suggestions to help, let me know.

Tokens in general seem much better than voltron for Boros, even if you wind up with Akari or whatever. I admire your idea, to be honest, but all I can say is that I really hope that running a card as mediocre as Razia won't just wind up screwing you over.

10 million years in ms paint.

She's actually the only Boros commander I don't have, so I don't even have her in. I'll try to make a decklist when I iron it out.

Boros is my favorite guild, and it kills me that making a functional EDH deck is so hard.

As for voltron it's really more equipment, as any commander I use will be best suited up.

Yeah equipment/voltron and tokens seems like your best bet for the boros commanders, though Depala is definitely an outlier as she is the least turn sideways boros commander.

Meant to say one of the least not the least.

Shiiiiiit, I totally forgot Depala. And Muranda. They're so tribal I might just say fuck it even though I have them. I might pick up new Avacyn just to fill her in though.

>Muranda
who?

just in case you want it here is a list of all the boros commanders (sans double sided)

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [W] [R] ![G] ![B] ![U]&type= ["Legendary"] ["Creature"]

Looking for a green creature that returns creatures to hand.

from where?

Mass Land Destruction/Crucible of Worlds.dec

Do it. Make them fear The Legion.

Temur sabertooth

battlefield.

I'm looking for a way to return Genesis Hydra in Gruul because I can make infinite mana.

Gatherer is failing me though.

thank you.

Would cloudstone curio be optional?

Munda, my bad

How do I convince my group to run gy hate?

EtB:
Ambush Krotiq

On Upkeep:
Roaring Primadox
Stampeding Serow
Stampeding Wildebeests

Paying mana:
Temur Sabertooth

These are the mono-green offerings, will update with gruul and red soon.

Build something degenerate?

Gruul
EtB:
Horned Kavu
Shivan Wurm
Sparkcaster

Mono-red
Upkeep:
Oni of Wild Places

In colorless you have cloudstone curio as well.

I'm a jank master. I build cheap, nifty, suboptimal decks, and there's nothing I like better than beating someone with a more expensive deck. My budget is usually between $100 and $200, though I do have much cheaper decks.

That being said, I want to build something around $500. Boros multi-commander user gave me the idea to build a fancy Boros deck because the colour combo is bad enough to justify the expenditure.

What are some things I should include? I've never really built an expensive deck before. Do I just spend everything on fancy lands then call it a day?

You mother fuckers made me do it

I'm building slobad

>what is print screen?

Sh-should I too? I have all those cards, and I am building a red deck...

Land tax, scroll rack, linvalla 1.0,SFM+ all the swords &Jitte, and crucible of worlds should get you started

Recruiter of the guard, imperial recruiter, and ravages of war are more ideas

>Condition: Damaged

>he doesn't buy Chinaman

mana crypt, mana vault, ancient tomb, wasteland, all that garbage
Who's the commander gonna be?

I like to put as much versatility as I can in. I love shit like mortify, putrefy, maelstrom pulse, Anguished unmaking, beast within, etc. I've noticed artifacts and enchantments can be the most broken cards in edh so I always throw in lots of answers.

Also general post, I bought yidris but I'm not sure exactly what to do with him. I've already put in just about everything with cascade or delve but I'm not sure what else to include. I figure stuff that return cards to my hand like e witt and restock are good. Also some voltron stuff for evasion

Is Jhoira fun to build?

Run a highly optimized Gitrog or Meren Deck.