/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

Red Witches vs. Fade Edition

FAQ
>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.
>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore wont be getting any more stock while the update is in production. Should restock on Black Friday. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.
>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.
>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.
>WTF is this Ekoi shit?
Ekoi is an user who got his OC made into the Anonymous Survivor promo and a direct line to Poots. He namefagged for a bit then some faggot and everybody else decided to be Ekoi too. Real one is !JPiuy1x7.k ignore or report all others.

>Threadly Question
What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/f2z50rbezocninj/Dead_End_-_psd.zip
mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template Pack Updated December 25.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?
For current nemeses, I haven't played expansions but in the core game I have a love and hate relationship with the King's Man. Fuck that guy so much. Go be a tin soldier somewhere else. Feels so good to finally beat that fucking shitstain asshole.

For new ones, I'm looking forward to the Red Witches the most. They've got real potential.

How high should survival limits be around LY10? My current campaign has 4 and it feels really low when not using rawhide.

first for ekoi

Thats low, you should be innovating every year almost, prioritizing survival limit and survival actions, especially early.

Solid OP, thanks.

I feel comfortable at around 6 survival limit. More is always better but past 6 it gets hard to build up the survival-on-departure to use it.

Best current nemesis... That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's your mother's disgusting, hairy, turd-smeared asshole every night when I wrangle her down and fuck her.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Does anyone have the pictures of the gear cards that come with the expansions? Specifically the Lion God?

Fuck off. Everyone in these threads knows me. Go back to Re'ddit you faggot

Also can somebody please post a pic of the young survivor? Asking for a friend.

This is who I am... Deal with it!!

but ekoi-san, I thought you were in thick with poots? wouldn't you know where to get that easily?

We had a falling out once I leaked the info that the pledge manager wouldn't allow adding funds. He hijacked my Twitter account, too.

Don't respond to him. The fewer people who interact with him the more of an ass he looks like for spamming the thread.

Stop feeding him.

>What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?

Current best... gonna have to pick a fight and go with Lion Knight. At 2+ that's a hilariously awesome battle. It's sad you get so few opportunities to go at it.

Upcoming, Red Witches... multi-monster-melee was one of those things we thought Poots didn't have the tech for, so it's either going to be really sour or really amazing, and fights thusfar haven't been really sour. Lion 1 is meh, everything else has its charm points.

/kdm/ what do you think the Golden Entity would look like if there was a mini of it.
Seeing as the 'Goblin' has a mini.

The Chosen are supposedly made in the image of the Golden Entity.

fine, kill my fun. ^_^

on a more serious note, what is the one thing you look forward to most in the coming years?

for me its the pondslut. I'm sorry

Explicitly, Golden Entity is bodiless, but the Chosen is supposedly reflective of its self-image so presumably it would be based on that? Probably a good deal more alien, like a six-winged seraph version of the Chosen.

Golden dragon

>tfw no KD ERP partner

Well, for most of the campaign it was either Screaming God Pinup for inordinate stuff-to-desire ratio (it's just a pinup but SO HYPE) or the Gambler's Chest, but I'm going to have to go with Abyssal Woods.

Probably receiving the core game this year. Reprint Kickstarter plebian, I only got into Veeky Forums after the first Kickstarter had funded. Frankly, given Poots' inexperience at the time of running a crowdfunding project with that level of funding, I think had I even known about it I would have been hesitant to back it. In for a Satan Lantern + the 4 crossovers this time round, and feeling a lot more comfortable that Poots won't fuck it up.

I'd be up for lewds and romance but no monster fuckin'

>on a more serious note, what is the one thing you look forward to most in the coming years?
I can't wait to see that Gambler's Chest in it's full glory. All those advanced rules, all those small but incremental improvements, and then a ten pound brick of plastic. Mm-mm good.

I can't decide between the screaming god and dragon goblin. maybe I should just cave in and get both and drop the gold smoke knight, even though she's got a bow. The suspense of it all is killing me.

Previous thread GC is pretty damn hype.

>mfw Ringtail Fox is at least 5 years away.
>mfw it will have more content than Yellowstone national park.
>mfw $400+ expansion.
>mfw Poots already confirmed it's basically a new Core and bigger than Woods.
>Woods has 20~ minis + a 135mm
>Core has 40~ minis + a 100mm
Ringtail Fox confirmed 100mm?

so many small new things. philosophis and hybrid armors are my most exciting part.

Fucking imitation butcher dude. WE CAN PRETEND TO BE FUCKIGN BUTCHERS

Tell me more user, I might be interested. It will be better than having to reject purple whores on F-list.

Hey, you never know what will happen. If we can't bump though I'd take Screaming Goddess and GSK -- Dragon Goblin pinup is the least likely to have its charm translate well to Plastic while we can already see a master for Screaming and GSK is in easier to translate stuff than an expression. Contrast the Villain role with the Villain role survivor.

calling it now
ringtail fox is just a naruto reskin of the game for turbo weaboos

Could be 135mm. Not likely to be a 50mm but then the Watcher was. Seems a bit early to speculate on that though. dat hype that KDM isn't done with KS2 though

Don't really have anything setup yet, thought about making a KD character on f-list but doubted the level of interest it would get. Though I also play straight blues so I'm already playing on hard mode trying to find people

>Seems a bit early to speculate on that though.
Don't you dare try and curb my autistic hype for foxy settlement.
A 135 would be crazy though.

More like some weird kitsune stuff.

>last thread was practically unusable
jesus, what happened in the 3 days since I left the site? this general is falling apart

Hype is over, we're in the smoldering period where we wait for news, confirmations, pledge manager and inevitable disappointment.

i bought the wet nurse pinup for dem tiddies without the core game or any expansions. Does regular Wet Nurse come in the core? can't find the expansion

Wet Nurse is not game content.

The wet nurse will never be part of Monster, this is one thing Poots has said multiple times.

It's not a combative monster, it just sits about and feeds human babies while brainwashing them.

It's not unexpected.

There's relatively few people who actually own the full game and xpacs, I would guess there's around a dozen of us maybe 2 at the tops. So a lot of people are just waiting and reading.

A lot of people who post here also mainly play on TTS. So there's not a ton of hobby discussion there in terms of painting and what not.

Last of all unless we're discussing fluff or game antics there's no new reveals or info so the info dump anons go back into hibernation.

Ayla?

yeah honestly I'm surprised these things are still going all the way to autosage, even with shitposting.

Yup.

Messenger of the First Story in KDverse.

Same.
I'm doing my part to keep it active though. I get about 30+ you's per thread.

Is there a reason Kingdom Death has art for straight up Ayla?

technically "Messenger of the First Story" but all the messengers are homages, so yeah it's Ayla. There's also Guts, Kamina, and Rule63!Link

Slowly working on both my own homebrew expansion as well as my own unrelated tabletop game, but not quick enough progress on either to really discuss much on it.

Yeah, that's her.

Give dactle.

>homebrew expansion
What's the theme for it?

Because Poots like Video Games and Chrono Trigger is OG?

>Art
Also a model my dude. And she looks pretty sweet.
Also for some reason when I use her as my character I do insanely well.

Nice, keep at it my dude.

how is it not? it comes with gear...at least the pinup version does.

so basically i can use it as a sexy survivor if i want? and that's about it?

Pretty much.

Add the breast pump to your game however you want to.

"Gemini" was the main theme, the big bad hunt being called the Gemini Fiend, who split the wandering Foreigner into two people. The mechanics include the Aster Platinum resource, generally gained by trading rare and cursed gear for, which is then crafted into rare weapons. For cursed gear, the survivor rolls a d10, and the low result is gaining a disorder called Unfamiliar Loneliness (If you are not adjacent to another survivor at the start of your act, lose your Activation this turn. Cure if you have cursed gear)

(This includes kingsman armor parts, and it's just considered the survivor being healed while the cursed metal is pulled off.)

All early draft stuff, currently in the "jot shit in my notebook when I'm on break" phase.

>star puratinum

Less-than-subtle anime references is core to Kingdom Death lore design.

>tfw real life lactation fetish

sounds good thanks

>lactation
i really like sucking on tits, but I would be a bit grossed out desu

anyone have that Poots quote regarding the Ringtail fox being nearly the size of the core game?

I remember way back an user was developing some monster rape homebrew.

Not too interested in that, but if I recall, that same user posted some resources people could use to make their own homebrew.

Can anyone repost that stuff?

>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!

>Not too interested in that

Oh please, user. Don't flatter yourself.

Bruh if you aren't milking dem titties like a fucking cow teet you're doing it WRONG.

>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!

thanks my dude

>you will never have an otaku witch gf who rides your face everyday when you come home from a day of breadwinning
that hurts me a bit

its the natural progression of that

true patrician detected

>way back
I only posted it a couple of weeks ago user.

Anyway here are the .psd files of the expansion itself :
mediafire.com/file/f2z50rbezocninj/Dead_End_-_psd.zip

And the templates I used for it :
mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template Pack Updated December 25.rar

Thanks very much user, and nice work :)

So, this game caught my attention because of pic related.

Is there any grand lore archive I can read to figure out what the hell I'm looking at with this, ore do I basically just ask you guys to explain it to me? i know the basics (man woke in the darkness, lions, mixture of MonHun and Dark Souls gameplay, that sort of thing) but i'm looking for more details.

No archive, but those are all Pathfinder dudes anyways

Yes, I'm aware - I play a lot of pathfinder. the crossover caught my eye and now I'm interested in Kingdom Death.

Running through the Kingdom Death store page and reading the blurbs for the minis can help, though there are old soldout minis no longer on the store. Don't know if there's a resource for the old blurbs (shame if there isn't). You can also read through the expansion books if you grab the pdfs.

It's better just to play the game (say, on Tabletop Simulator), though, and experience its background as a part of its emergent narrative.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I hope someone makes a compiled lore wiki at some point or something.

please return to /pfg/ before your kitsune/lewd posting infects us

>Is there any grand lore archive
Not really but a few sites have portions up in (in my opinion) poor fashion.

The store used to be a good repository of lore but it got purged.

>More details.
Well, as far as we know scrappy, primitive people inhabit a stone plain of faces. This plain is part of a larger area of unknown proportions called the Holy Lands. The Holy Lands also encompasses several other regions or what have you. Particularly the Abyssal Woods which is one of the few places where relatively normal trees actually grow.
Another is the lands of the Great Game Hunters. Who are humans that have elevated themselves above the people of the Plains and have built an actual city. Though it is said their city is truly ruled over by a monstrous unseen royalty. Their great machines are powered by those fallen from favour of the great houses "enslaved in human gears" or some such.

There's various minor gods and entities that rule their domains or roam the lands. The most powerful of which is the Goblin who is the singular most powerful Name in KD (Name magic and sagas are super powerful in Kingdom Death) but there's tons of minor figures.

Ask away I guess.

Vibrant Lantern has some lore but it's not comprehensive. There used to be an archive but it's dead and burried now cause it was using a lot of links fromt he OG kickstarter. The lore is found on the store (there's history blurbs about each product listing), in the story events of the game book, creature/world info on the settlement event cards, and game cards (AI, HL, FA, etc) give insight into their respective creature/survivor/settlement behaviors and shit. The histories and shit are supposed to be slowly unraveled and put together by the players as they play and are introduced to concepts, creatures, events as well as the extra product releases.

Thanks guys, that gives me some good starting points.

So is the Abyssal Woods where we go to to hunt Spidicules and Flower Knight?

How did I not see this?!

Getting started on TTS. I would like to ask a couple questions about the game, I don't mind a couple low impact spoilers.

1. What are the materials for a counterweight axe?

2. How do I begin making metal armor?

3. Is basic leather and rawhide more forgiving than metal?

4. Are we supposed to be able to add in Gorm and keep White Lion, but NOT include Spidicules and keep Screaming Antelope?

Thanks for any help!

What makes a Twilight Sword different from a metal sword?

Yes.

Twilight Swords are all artifacts that are left from the destruction of the TK library. Various relics from the TK library make people crazy, which is probably why they abandon your settlements.
In order to control the items properly the TK needs a Archivist sidekick to manage his dreams and stuff. Since most of them were killed when the library got burnt there's a bunch of crazy ass knights rolling around.

Common sense is the answer to all of your questions

youre welcome

Speak not of the furred devil, lest he appear to take his due

Normal Twilight Knights aren't necessarily out of control. The sword/hood instills within them inscrutable motives, making them wander off to face whatever nightmares await. Relic knights are the one who have lost control, and deserters are the ones who weren't man enough to be knights in the first place.

Fuck you asswipe.

Good. Piece of shit like you has no lace designing rules.

>not reading the OP
You're being rused.

isnt pathfinder just a d&D ?
how come these 4 characters are a thing? i thought you made your own characters.

Standardized play. Kind of like how D&D had Dragonlance or Grayhawk with named characters

Well, Pathfinder started out as a DnD 3.5 ripoff that gradually evolved into something completely different.

These four characters (in order, Seoni the Sorceress, Kyra the Cleric, Valeros the Fighter, and Merisiel the rogue) are "iconic" characters for their Pathfinder classes, and are going to be part of a crossover with KD. Yeah, you make your own characters for KD, but you'll have the option of utilizing these four as part of an expansion pack, including age awakenings for their specific classes which is actually a really neat idea.

Those 4 characters are the iconic folks who are the 'face' of the classes. In the same way that Ezra and team are the iconic survivors of KD and kind of stand in for all survivors, the 4 characters in the PF box are the iconic members of their class within the game.

Merchandising.

Come, take a look! We put the game's name on everything.
Pathfinder the t-shirt. Pathfinder the coloring book. Pathfinder the lunch box. Pathfinder the breakfast cereal. Pathfinder the rod of wonder! *bzzzow* Kids love this one.

See I put in $60 for pin ups, but the real question is.

If we can't increase our pledges, what expansion do I buy for $45?

I had actually been thinking about a library type knight idea before I found out that the TK had a huge library of their own. "Record Keeper Knight" or some such, lots of ink/spear themed attacks and abilities.

Fucking King's Man, jesus.

He really gave me that Dark Souls vibe however, walking around indomitably swatting survivors across the map with his halberd.