Genestealer Cult Creation Thread

Alright, I tried this once and my internet shat itself before it could really take off, so here we go again, Genestealer Cult, take 2 Electric Boogaloo

roll 1d100 for Cult Place of Origin

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Genestealer_Cult_Creation_Tables
1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Genestealer_Cult_Creation_Tables

For those who wish to follow along

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Holy fuck, okay

We originated on an Eldar Craftworld, sweet jesus

>The rarest of all Cults develop over the course of millenia aboard Eldar Craftworlds, though this is no guarantee of eventual success. Most are destroyed well before they emerge as a genuine threat. Those few Cults that do succeed are characterised "PUUUUURRRGGGEE!!!" by their extremely developed Psychic ability.

Perhaps the oldest of all known cults, ours is one that is millennia old, perhaps even dating as far back as the Great Crusade. We possess highly powerful psykers as a result of our hosts

Alright, but what's the next roll my friend

tall, slender and perhaps to the deviant's eye even graceful and beautiful, our genestealers are adept at infiltration and manipulation, and can easily fell the worlds of man after tearing down an Eldar Craftworld from within

Well, it would be terrain, but we can waive that in this case, right?

If not that, then combat specialization

roll a d10

Rolled 1 (1d10)

aye aye captain

Appropriately enough, we have:

>1: Striking from the shadows

Ours are a stealthy band of genestealers

Nest roll is 1d100 for access to technology, what kind of toys do we have available to us. Depending on the roll, we either have a giant craftworld at our disposal, or not that

Rolled 7 (1d100)

here's hoping, my friend

>1-20: Barely anything more complicated than simple melee weapons, maybe some improvised/cobbled together weaponry from discarded and scavenged machinery.

I am very sad, but the dice gods will it. I'm sure we will come up with something

Alright, next on the list is our sphere of influence, which is a d10

now, this could be anything due to our powerful psykers

>maybe some improvised/cobbled together weaponry from discarded and scavenged machinery.
I don't know, sounds like there's room for some fun haphazardly thrown together eldar weapons

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Guns that function as both automatic weapons, and in a pinch, vortex grenades

Or, you know, whenever they go haywire and almost kill our boys

>8-9: Large, the planet is in dire straits.

We are either in great number, or our psykers are just that good. I suppose that eldar genestealers would be a hell of a thing to deal with.

Now, for our main enemy, that's a 1d100

Rolled 92 (1d100)

>91-95: Another Cult, roll a d6: 1-2 Chaos Cult, 3-4 Bizarre offshoot of the Imperial Faith, 5 Death Cult/Cult of Ynnead if on Craftworld, 6 Genestealer Cult

Right, well there it is

Roll a 1d6 for what kind of cult contests our infiltration

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Ah yes, the vile tendrils of chaos seek to grasp our current target but find us in their way

The great corrupter will not spoil our meal, not today and not ever

We do have one last roll to make, 1d100 for how likely it is we will be detected in the next 10 years

Rolled 17 (1d100)

and so it continues

Alright, we are pretty safe, only a 17% chance of detection over the next 10 years. Though for eldar, thats not really a long time

For flavor reasons, I'm going to have another roll like the last one, this time for over the next 100 years

d100, same as before

Actually, there was a Tyranid creation thread earlier, wasn't there? and they got a Hive fleet that had overrun an Eldar craftworld

The Dice gods convene for our purposes, we are blessed

Rolled 20 (1d100)

hadn't seen that one. What did they roll?

>

These two threads could go hand in hand

and a 20% chance of detection over the next 100 years

Wow, we've got some sneaky bastards among our number huh

Alright, now we can decide amongst ourselves where we are now and who we are serving up for our friends in Hive Fleet Naga, or we can roll for it

It'd be a d100 roll if you are interested

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Currently, We are infiltrating an Agri-world, something than many worlds nearby it are dependent upon in order to feed their people

Should be a hearty feast for any Hive fleet

What next, captain

I like it. So are our eldar hybrids in hiding weaving enthralling illusions over the unsuspecting humans while the purestrains get to work establishing a new cult?

Alright, either we can roll up some stats for their chaos cult enemies or we can fluff up the genestealers themselves, take your pick

Well, this is a genestealer thread, afterall

Alright, can't beat that logic

Alright, what we've got to work with is hyper-psykers with ramshackle eldar weapons that is trying to re-establish itself on and Imperial Agri-world

We have a Chaos cult as our enemy, and are unlikely to be detected over the course of the next 100 years

Oh, here's an idea!

How about, instead of being on an Eldar Craftworld, we're actually an infestation among Exodite Eldar who inhabit the same world as the Agri-world? Maybe the cult determined that, since the human population is so spread out, it would be hard to draw in the Hive Fleets the usual way, so instead they infested the strongest psychic race to boost their signal chances.

It would also explain our low technology availability. Most of our tools would be improvised farming equipment, much like how Ghosar Quintus had improvised mining equipment.

We are also hyper influential, controlling most of the planet through whatever means we gained control

I like it, its got a lot of uniqueness to it

Besides, we use our warp abilities a lot anyway, no need for such things as crude ballistic weapons

Ok, we've got Highly psykic genestealers currently camped out on an Imperial Agri-world and is taking new "recruits" from Eldar exodites on the world

How about this, exodites are known for being a bit different from normal craftworld eldar, right?

So how about the cult is managing to convince the exodites that by joining the cult, they can help preserve the Eldar race through the Great Devourer. But it's a lie, because what is eldar of the cultists is overridden by the Cult's Will, and the Hive Mind's orders

We're also contending with a Chaos Cult is some manner, i'm going to say that there isn't cult on the planet with us, but rather the cult is a Tzeentchian one, and has foreseen that we shall be a threat to their designs

Or tzeentch is just fucking with us for giggles, whatever

That could be interesting. Hell, that should be our Magus's schtick. Make him be an Exodite Eldar and that's how he is luring in others.

I'm not sure it would fully work though. Given how arrogant Eldar are, and how knowledgeable they are about psychic stuff, a lot of them might be too proud or too in-the-know to fall for the 'Stealers' plans.

Given that we ruled Dire Straits for our planet's condition, maybe we can have it that we've infested pretty much all the exodites at this point, their psychic might alone drawing in the Hive Fleet, and now we're mostly focusing on getting humans so we can have more bodies for the uprising?

Alright, makes sense, or we are just tooling up for our next infiltration, getting our strength together

The most powerful and influential of the cult are those that were taken from Eldar cooperatives, or captives and are integral to the main operations of the cult

The Patriarch himself is a mixture of human, tyranid and eldar DNA, and is a titan of psykic power, rivaling that of a weaker Warlock with the physical strength of a small Tyrant Guard

Since we're so heavily invested in a psychic race, we could have multiple Magi instead of the usual one. It would make having Tzeentch as our enemy cult, as suggested, be more interesting. The dueling psychic might of the hive mind vs. warp magic.

The counsel of Magi advise the Patriarch of their next move, divining the will of the Hive mind and making the Devourer's Will manifest through their sheer psykic might

What the cult has in powerful psykers, they lack in firepower and strong fighters. This lack of muscle and ordinance leads to more clandestine operations, making subtlety a key word for the cult

Perfect.

Now we need a name. Given that we're on an Agri-world, I'm feeling something like, the Scythe Born, tying in to both their heritage and the farming theme.

Thusly, direct confrontations can be costly for the Cult and are avoided as often as possible. the loss of a Magi is a loss that can hardly be tolerated

On this Agri-world, our Magi act as advisers for many planetary leaders, directing them all unto their own doom, but providing prosperity so as to make for a better meal when the Hive fleet arrives

Something like, the Great Harvesters or the Combine, or Farmer'sOnlyDotCom

If we want to go full Children of the Corn, Reapers in the Reeds, though that would probably work best as the name our cult gives to Purestrains.

That's awesome, lets do it

The Magi can be known as the Shepards, those that guide the flock and protect them

The Cult as a whole, could be known as The Harvest, unless anyone has a better idea

Nah I like it.

I'm heading to sleep, but if the thread is still up tomorrow, I may do some writefaggotry for this cult. Fucking love Genestealer Cults.

Alright man, I'll do my best

What do we have so far?

Alright so our combat doctrine is striking from the shadows, so our limited numbers and fighters but high-power psykers can work with this

We don't fight unless we know we can win, so we have avoided the local authorities as much as possible, keeping our heads down and picking our fights carefully

The different Magi lead different cells across the planet, and all communications between cells are conducted via psykic messages so as to reduce proof of the cult's existence on the planet

Should such a situation arise, it would be relatively easy to control, given the amount of control the Magi have over the planet. The nobles of this world, fat and lazy from peace, have given over all day-to-day operations to their advisers, the Magi. Any claims against the Magi threaten the lifestyles of the Nobles, and are thusly ignored or even punished by the authorities

The remote and peaceful nature of the this world has made it easy for the cult to germinate here, as well as prepare it for future infiltrations. The time comes near, that the Hive mind would feast upon this world. As it is, this world is practically free food

However, it has come to Magus' attention that hints of the Cult's existence may have been discovered by an off-world presence. the Hive-mind hypothesizes that a schemer would despoil its feasting. The Cult may have won this world, but those to come may only become more difficult through the meddling of this schemer and his pawns

What we have thusfar is a group of genestealers that have a core group of Eldar Exodite hybrids as a powerful group of Magi with limited muscle or firepower to back them up.

They strike from the shadows and have access to the most basic of weapons available, flavored here as farming equipment and maybe some shitty ramshackle guns

We also have a large sphere of influence, controlling most if not all of the planet, which is an agri-world

Our nemesis is another cult in the form of Tzeentchian Chaos cult that pulls strings from the shadows to slow down our progress

It is unlikely (20% likelihood) that they or any other organization will detect us in the next 10 or even 100 years

We are the heralds of Hive Fleet Naga, and are known as the Harvest

Our human servants are the Reapers in the Reeds, while they refer to the council of Magi as the Shepards

Our cult is highly secretive, leaving few traces of its existence

all planet-wide correspondence is made via the Magi themselves so as to limit physical proof of the Cult

These shadowy maneuvers have landing all the Magi in high-ranking administrative positions for the planet, taking away the work (and the power) from the nobility and giving it to the Cult

We fight dirty, no honor or straight-up man-fighting for us. We lure our enemies into traps and strike from positions of advantage, using psykers and whatever weapons we could scrounge together on this agri-world without attracting too much attention to ourselves, and disappear just as quickly

If a tactical maneuver has been executed correctly, then the enemy will have fallen before they could recover from the shock of the attack

Most of our prowess in battle relies on the strength of our psykers and all the tactical advantages we can stack up for ourselves

Given the limited capabilities of the Agri-world as well as the thoroughness of our deception, combat rarely becomes necessary and is often deflected by the efforts of the Magi before the cult can get to fighting

bump

Bump for the Hive Mind and the Great Four-Armed-Emperor!

What should we flesh out, then

Alright, well we still have our enemies the Chaos cult

I imagine them a Tzeentch cultists that are just getting an idea that we exist and are a potential threat to them

Could be that they use a "revolutionary army" guise to gain new members of the presumably neglected and downtrodden world. People join up, unknowing that they'll probably end up summoning some daemons and burning down the very fields they wish to have total ownership of

Right, so do we want to roll up something for them?

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables

This might work for them

Rolled 24 (1d100)

suppose so

>Central Figure: A single important individual holds leadership of the cult.

Alright, so this cult is formed around one person leading everyone else

We can leave fluffing it up until after all the relevant rolls

Rolled 19, 1 = 20 (2d20)

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables
alright, so it looks like first there's 2d20s

K, next could be the armaments and defenses of the cult, roll 1d20

I don't think that all of the rolls on this table are necessary for what we need

'course, if you disagree, just say which rolls you think are necessary and we will do those

well, for the first of those rolls, it would be

>Sin of the Founders

Not sure what that means, given that there is no text to go along with it

The next is

>Freethinker's Enclave: The Imperium is too vast and ponderous to truly possess a unified culture, but local planets usually have their own traditions and rigid thought. Where groups grow dissatisfied with their hidebound way of life, a cult devoted to questioning and seeking truth can arise. It is neither seemly nor safe for the common citizens of the Imperium to be concerned with such matters, and these freethinkers can cause mass panics by pulling down the comforting veil of ignorance that protects their fellows.

Makes sense for glorious revolution I guess

So, instead of "Sin of the Founders" we could go with;

>Worker's Collective: Open organizations of laborers rarely survive for long in the Imperium, as the Adeptus Administratum does not tolerate any potential threat to production for its tithes. As such, fledgling labour groups are forced to rely on more secretive methods to survive. As they scheme and maneuver for their cause in the shadows where they dwell, they become as much a threat to the structures of the Imperium as any malefic coven.

or maybe

>Desperate Underclass: Although the Imperium’s ponderous bureaucracy is the only institution vast and powerful enough to keep humanity alive in these dark times, it does so at a terrible cost. Innumerable cults have risen from those ground between the gears of empire, seeking only to better their own admittedly miserable lot. While pitiable, their actions invariably threaten the lives of many millions more.

Depending on the state of the agri-world either could work, or both

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>Sin of the Founders
I was thinking that same thing. Maybe it means that they're repercussions of the initial colonists? Something like there was a chaos cult for the primitive humans living there that got almost squashed, and thousands of years of planning later, they're about ready to take their revenge?

also rolling for personality

That would be a Daemon

There is literally a fucking daemon leading this cult on some farmer's paradise holy shit

Alright, with this leader we could say that the original colonists had thought they destroyed the demon originally, but hadn't really been able to, and thusly were not able to stop the inevitable rise of the demon much later when they were not prepared for it

Rolled 7 (1d10)

might as well see how he does it

>Shadowy: Little is known of the cult’s leader, who surrounds himself in a shroud of mystique. He avoids appearing in person whenever possible, and hides what he can about his nature even from his lieutenants.

Alright, at least he's not just gallivanting about the place, waving his giant demon cock around for all to see

That could get our genestealers in some trouble

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Makes sense for the good old Tzeentch

>Fortified Protection: It is particularly hard to put down these cultist forces, thanks to their tendency towards extensive protections. Military-grade flak armor, or sometimes even carapace plating, is not uncommon among their ranks. The elite may even possess force fields or psychic defenses.

Alright, so they are sneaky, but when the chips are down, these guys are bringing the fucking thunder

I saw this under appeal of cult, and could work if we stick with sin of the forefathers

>Faith of the Forefathers: Mankind is old, its presence among the stars widespread and stretching tens of millennia into the past. Where man went, so too did his theologies. Some old faiths died, while others splintered, evolved, or mutated over time into new forms. New religions sprang up in the fertile fields of lonesome colony worlds. This cult is simply a continuation of these faiths, doing what they have done for generations despite Imperial censure and syncretism. It has an old-fashioned charm and reverence which may draw in the curious and unwary.

I see, the demon is some old fable that the locals follow, or some old planet-based cult that still has sway with all the old families on the planet and fighters will come if called by speakers for the cult

Rolled 6 (1d10)

two rolls left, it looks like

>Blood Sacrifice: The sacrifice of living beings, from livestock to captured enemies, is a common way for cults to express their power. The ritual is usually symbolic, although some cults have found ways to harness the spilled life for power.

Jeeze how do these people stay under the radar with all this occult shit they got going on

I guess what happens in the backwoods demon cult stays int he backwoods demon cult?

Political 'assassinations' my friend. Kidnap, and slaughter in some basement somewhere.

Yeah, I like it

Meetings are at Fred's ranch every other Sunday, bring snacks, drinks, and a political enemy of the cult!

All that's left is to determine their focus of worship, 1d20

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>Hidden Mark of Heresy: The cult is unaware that the subject of its devotion is a Ruinous Power, perhaps instead believing it worships an aspect of the Emperor it has made its own. The GM can either select one of the bellow powers directly, or keep any hint of the cult’s true god a careful secret until a time of momentous revelation.

This could explain how the cult is popular amongst the people of the planet, they just think its how you are supposed to worship the Emperor, that the cult's practices are orthodox to the wider galactic practices

So, do we like Tzeentch?

We have a lot to choose from, so lets brainstorm a bit about who we could have as the patron of this cult

Me personally, i'm okay with anything thats cool and not too stupid

>Tzeentch?
I'm fine enough with him, wouldn't know what to replace him with. As it is now, it seems like its heavy psyker stealers and probably heavy psyker cultists. Could make the two more antithetical somehow ,if you want

Alright well, its awful late where I am, so i gotta go get some sleep

hopefully some nice anons will keep this thread alive until I can get back tomorrow morning

Best of luck friends, every bump will be appreciated

Alright one last post

Well, khorne's warriors are resistant to sorcery, so it would be a challenge for the stealers to overcome this cult in any battle, and makes them a serious threat to the cult's goings-on

Tzeentch would be able to counter the cult's scheming and plots though, so food for thought

Gonna leave this up to anyone who would like to decide, I gotta sleep

Could always go wild and try malal

I have a bunch of random miniatures, from SoB, IG, Naked ladies, Deamonette, their snake like horse, some Fire warriors.

Since this is a GSC thread can you help me come up with a fluff excuse to use them as the cult?

Mostly as a third for fun army. Right now I'm thinking reminds of an old human/alien federations that got overrun by Genestealer.

Picture unrelated, but I'm sure am image search will find the model.

Anyway carry one.

user from here writing incoming.

"Patience pays off, brothers and sisters. When our gene forebears, the Reapers in the Reeds, first arrive on this planet, they waited in hiding for 20 full years before they managed to pull one of us away for enlightenment. Now every single Exodite Eldar on this planet has joined us in awaiting ascension."

"Through the Devourer, we shall be saved. If they can create such complex and majestic creatures as the Reapers, they can create more Eldar. Our race will be recreated, made more powerful by joining our psychic might with that of the Devourer."

"Once, this world played host to infrequent raids from scions of the Great Enemy. Now they find themselves unable to manifest, save only for a lone spawn of the Schemer who foolishly seeks to stop us."

"We only need be patient for a little longer. The Fleets of the Great Devourer draw near, and with their arrival, all of the unenlightened monkeigh shall be consumed."

"The moment to strike will soon arrive. No longer shall we have to dwell in the shadows. Our family can step out into the sun and wreck a terrible reckoning to show our devotion to the devourer."

"We need only be patient a little longer..."
>Sermon of Shepard Kelia Videan to her flock.

(Thoughts? I don't do this often. Anything else someone wants fluffed out?)

What if it's not chaos at all but a c'tan shard

Don't think a Genestealer cult could stand a chance against a C'tan. Hell, they probably couldn't stop a C'tan shard.

Awesome job! I really appreciate this, nice fluff

Oh, I'm digging it my man

Awesome, thanks. Any suggestions for something to write up next?