/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

TRUE Pathfinder General /pfg/

Obscure and Lesser Deities Edition
From Damerrich to Magdh, and from Nalinivati to Cyth-V'sug, lets talk about the lesser deities out there, which ones you like, what we know about them, and how we would want to incorporate them. Lore Dumps are encouraged.

>Remember to keep all kitsuneposting, fetishposting, DHB witch hunting, overPoWered shitposting, and other forms of shitposting to a minimum, otherwise you aren't being excellent to each other.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1t8-_pI1-9Q
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1EccqnBPWI-JcduFcz1EryuGxkrMY_jbrpSgZz2ZEVCU/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly, I want me those Good elemental lords.

I mean the elemental lord of fire we have right now isn't even an elemental!

My gingerbread witch will be worshiping Folca.

Who wants candy?

youtube.com/watch?v=1t8-_pI1-9Q

/pfg/, tell me about your party! Any hijinks?

>Deskari, Ghlaunder, Aldinach, Kalma, Graffiacane

I need more evil bug deities so I can decide what kind of insect will most influence the design of the next Tiefling I build.

Does Kurgess count? he's one of the more well known of the lesser deities.

Other than that, any good dragon deities besides Apsu, Tiamat and her bastard son what's his face?

That or some desert themed gods and goddesses.

Aldinach is the scorpion Demon Lord.

Granted, if I () end up making a scorpion-themed Tiefling instead of a locust or mosquito, (s)he won't look like pic.

Aasternian best dragon goddess.

Also the other dragon god you're looking for is Dahak.

He is not pleasant company.

What kind of hijinks should go on in Culdranth's menagerie with all the exotic beasts ready to be "sampled" there?

NO.

NONE OF THAT. SHAME ON YOU.

>That or some desert themed gods and goddesses
Nurgal is still around from 3.5
Ahriman is also a good go-to for deserts, since he's essentially Entropy Genie

Yeah, No.

user! Why don't you ever make posts like that in the Dragon game roll20?

I'm all for lewd or even pure discussion, but so many of these guys are sticks in the mud.

>My Eldritch Archer Magus's knowledge rolls are high enough he can identify a devil down to his true-name, but can't hit the broad side of a troll.

>Our paladin is obsessed with being SWOLEST motherfucker around and constantly finding ways to double his gains to become even more SWOLE. Oh, and he fights for Justice.

>The Incanter likes to overpush himself that he can barely squeeze out two spells before becoming fatigued.

>The Witch is lewd and wants to bump uglies with the paladin. Did I mention she's an old hag who's under a 24 hour illusion spell to look like a 16 year old?

>The Warlord is an incredible Dual Shield Wielding boss... until you realize he does a paltry 2d6 damage per round and rarely uses his discipline strikes.

We're a party of fuckups.

Why is there only one two-handed sword in the SRD?

sweet jesus that eris

To weigh in on this in a offical manner. If there IS some sort of collection of exotic beasts and what not, for this sampling of which you speak.

It would be a private collection of a pervert who keeps it outside the city limits. Invite only.

>The Witch is lewd and wants to bump uglies with the paladin. Did I mention she's an old hag who's under a 24 hour illusion spell to look like a 16 year old?

That shit has gotta be the most hilarious member of the group.

So I figured it out:
>Human
>Hell's Vengance
>Tattooed Sorcerer -> Bloatmage
>Sedentary Shadow Seer Oracle
>Hide in Plain Sight
>Overland Flight

I'm going to be a nudist and LE. I shall be a fat orb covered in tattoos with Hide in Plain Sight from Shadow Mystery. They call he the the Watchful Moon.

I think this is literally perfect.

That Dorkness!

Thank you for weighing. And, just so that no one feels shy, it's okay to ask these questions and have these discussions in the roll20, right?

That's half the reason for the "Lewd content Discussion thread" on the LFG

The tools are in place. please use them.

it burns

Gonna be honest, sounds similar to the Taken from TBC. They all had a really weird features like that.

TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your homebrews

What's the preferred tone for this game? Would you be open to somebody playing something along the lines of Skeletor or 80's Shredder, or would you prefer a more serious threat?

Hey buddy, give me your preliminary evaluation of .

At level 1 I am just a rich and opulent fat man swaddled in velvet and perfume.

Hey /pfg/, I've got a warlord in my game dishing out 248 damage in a single turn with his fists at level 7. Is this normal? how do you counter broken fucking blade? this seems overpowered as shit.

I must be a retard and my player is cheating, right?

I've got two homebrew things that I wrote quite a while ago, and I enjoy sharing whenever they come up

the first is the Warbeast Tamer, an initiating Hunter archetype. The idea is to be as nonmagical as possible while having an absolutely kickass pet.
docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit

The second is Magical Beast companions. Remember how Hippogriffs, owlbears, trollhounds, and similar creatures are basically animals, but because they're not real world animals they count as "magical beasts"? I've always hated that, so here's a ton of entries for animal-level intelligence magical beasts from the various bestiaries!
docs.google.com/document/d/1EccqnBPWI-JcduFcz1EryuGxkrMY_jbrpSgZz2ZEVCU/edit

Broken Blade matches its namesake: completely broken. This is well known, and there's even a replacement discipline in the works.

If you're having trouble with Broken Blade just outright deleting enemies, I recommend taking a look at Fool's Errand here, and possibly using it as a replacement:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit

Do you know what strikes/boosts/feats/etc. he's using?

a whole lot of PoW archetypes, many of which I dont feel comfortable about anymore, especially since it looks like I will enjoy SoM more thay PoW

Someone is working on an Armorist fix.
Hope that works out.

hey Dragon DM, you need to officially making that Sewing Circle dragon

>Broken Blade
There's your problem.
Look up Fool Errand. A few pfg games have gone the "switch broken blade out for Fools Errand and we're good" path.
Which is the right path.

Thanks, man. I'm going to take a look at this.
two weapon fighting
broken blade stance
dual boost bronze and iron knuckle
party magus uses haste and this dude now has
6 attacks at +6d6 and his giant ass str bonus, most are at full BAB. I think he's getting an extra 1d6 per hit from something else too, don't remember what though

> all those
I hate to tell you this
But it looks like you got a power gamer.

HV here, you had me until nudist

Your player basically took every single power option available to him.

I'm sorry to say that, unless you put strict limits on what he can and can't do (which is both unfair and unfun) he's going to continue to find ways to do this. He'd find ways to do this even with a barbarian or fighter, initiators just raise the skill floor.

Sorry man, there's nothing we can do except tell you to ask him to tone it down.

>giant tattooed naked fat man
>it's DHB's character
Dear christ

I understand.
It's my fault, you know. I raised him to be like this. I wanted him to find fun in the game and taught him to look for these kinds of tricks.

I'm such a fool.

But how do you feel about cute boys in military uniforms?

I'd rather cute lolis in uniform making the prussian empire great again!

Dual Boost is 1/day. Consider asking him to maybe tone it down, or just have things use illusions and fakeouts. It's technically by the book, but He's being a bit of a dick about it. If you've got PoW using enemies, any counter that lets them move after (There's a Riven Hourglass one early, and a Mithril Current one later) means he's burned a bunch of immediate resources on whiffing.
Basically, talk to him and ask him to tune it down a little for the rest of the party, or tune it up if they're also overperforming, if he refuses, make his dick sad.

Some moments I envision:
>sudden realization by enemy with a "that's no moon"
>overland flight hasted fat man running at you at 500ft per round
>walk into a room unable to see anyone, the massive fatman was behind the door
It's disgusting

the entire premise of magical girl loli hitler should have sold me, but I fucking hate the art for the anime.

>prussian
>literally a nazi

Read the manga, it's leagues better.

I've made a couple of things, mostly Occultist material or other archetypes. Nothing really hammered-out or that I'm willing to show to the public though yet, unfortunately.

Possible character art.

Read the light novel, it's leagues better.

Staggers or repositioning, all the extra attacks are wasted if he can't full attack?

See Don't be afraid to play hardball if he chews you out man. It's a game that meant to be fun for the whole group, not just him.

you don't understand. it's worse than that. He wouldn't get mad, he'd understand and just be sad forever. It makes me feel like an awful person, you know?

I really fucking should, especially after I consumed the manga so quickly. But does the LN have cute art?

It's a lose-lose situation, but something's gotta give.

If you actually are the HV GM, I have a question.

Would you be permissible in having a character worship Deskari, but mechanically (feats, traits, Prestige Classes) function with Urgathoa stuff? I mostly just want to try messing around with a Scythe as a weapon without being complete crap, you know?

>DHB makes a character
>it's this
I honestly don't know what to expect of DHB. He surprises me every time and each time its worse.

Does Bahamut and his flunkies exist in your setting?

I want to commit war crimes on Tanya!

Oh boy
Sounds like a "rip the bandage off" situation. It's better this way.

It's not 'his setting', it's his pocket dimension in golarion.

So yes.

Yes. You should.
If you consider this cute.

He's the GM, his setting faggot. Get over yourself.

>hide in plain sight
>walk into a room unable to see anyone, the massive fatman was behind the door
For some reason I'm imagining two rogues hiding behind each other, or an entire party using the hiding in plain sight fatman as cover and laughing

He is thus far running a setting in Golarion.

We've been given no reason to think Bahamut DOESN'T exist.

Get the fuck over yourself.

at least hes not as much of a worthless and lifeless turbofag as you mr witch hunter

What do you do when a 6'6" 400lbs man was in the center of the room the entire time and you somehow fucking missed him?

I answered you in the QA

Yes, its fine.

Maybe you should actually let the man answer for his own game instead of answering for him. You're not him.

>tfw loli hitler will never treat you like a disgusting untermensch and command you to lick her boots

Honestly there hasn't be a DHB character I haven't liked.

I wasn't aware Bahamut WAS in galorion. I thought That was Apsu as big good dragon.

Thank you. I'm not too familiar with the pantheon of Pathfinder and I assumed you ported Tiamat over from D&D, but I'm obviously wrong.

I'm throwing together my level 1 build at the moment. I don't get Hide in Plain Sight until much later. At level 1 I am looking at looking at the following for stealth:

1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 3 (dexterity) + 3 (centipede) + 2 (heart of the slums) + 2 (adopted -> Color Thief) + 3 (skill focus from Stealth Mastery) + 2 (cloak of darkness) + 4 (reduce person) + 1 (dex from reduce person) + 10 (nature's divination) + 1 (shadow bloodline power) = +35 Stealth Check

This is gonna be great. However if I do this I can not afford Bloatmage Initiate at level 1. Which is a problem. I will likely give up one of my three revelations for it.

Awesome, thank you! I just wanted to double-check, so thank you very much on that!

>6'6" 400lbs fat man
>+35 stealth check
>at level 1
Fuck this bullshit

Tiamat is technically in the Pantheon, however no one directly worships her because they're fucking scared of her.

Dahak, her son, is typically the go to Evil dragon god. Though even evil dragons wanna kill the bastard.

Jesus Christ man, maybe tone it down at 1st level yeah? +20 is still respectable without costing you ALL your resources, as well as making the rest of us not feel so bad.

>questions about playing a cute boy ignored
Alright, I get the message.

>Using reduce person
>Sacrificing your bulk for stealth

Doesn't that defeat the point of your concept?

You're right. Reduce person is out the window. I shall instead use Enlarge Person. I shall have a +25.

It's level one, user, you have to start somewhere. He'll bulk up as things get really crazy.

cute boys how?

The other possibility is this:
>dress robe from the waste down
>shirtless with enormous amounts of tattoos
>nameless one for smooth mask covering head
>deific obedience Groetus (if GM will let me homebrew one)
I need to think what theme I am going for. Shadow/Moon themed nobleman or a strange and powerful sorcerer seeking his dominion.

How do I MAXIMUM MOSQUITO, /pfg/?

HV GM, HV GM, what happens if my class already gets Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat?

Yeah, but if you've got a theme then you should stick with it, you know?
I feel like wearing pure white or fog-grey robes does better than tattoos and shit, make you look more like a moon. Also, Groteus already has an Obedience.

Weapon finesse comes baked in, free bonus feat from the........monk list.

I'm feeling punchy.

>Also, Groteus already has an Obedience.
He does? Can you give me a link?

>I feel like wearing pure white or fog-grey robes does better than tattoos and shit, make you look more like a moon.
That's the planned color for the robes, but the tattoos are important as well. Tattoos have a lot more mysticism associated with them, and the character is a large canvas.

Cute boys conscripted into military service due to magical talent, as PCs.

I like this as a rating.
>Vaguely Reasonable Tier
Urgathoa, General Susumu, Asmodeus
>You Scratch My Back, I'll Scratch Yours Tier
Lamashtu, The Green Mother, Haagenti
>Oh Shit Nigger, What The Fuck Are You Doing Tier
Groetus, Tiamat, Rovagug, Nivi Rhombodazzle

This minor deity and the vengeance one are perfect for my Hell knight paladin.

Here you go man.

>My Cabalist Vigilante is a very tired Ghoul who's been alive for around 4000 years and is working as a mole for the villains as per DM request

>Our Paladin is from not-china and is constantly looking for reasons to smite me. He also accidentaly stole his patron deity's horse.

>Our cleric is tsundere for the party barbarian and was secretly responsible for the death of one of my previous characters because she was too concerned with following the Barbarian around.

>Party Barbarian is a renowned celebrity, adventurer, and sloot. She also might have some connection to an evil snake god but we don't know.

>And our Magus is a member of a government law enforcement agency who have been hunting down my character for the last 2000 years and is working with the party so he can keep an eye on all my actions and arrest me when the world is saved.

Can you have more than one Ioun Stone active at a time?

>Groetus
Moon god best god how dare you

>Nivi Rhombodazzle
the hell is this?

Yes.