Hmmm

Hmmm.

I not sure if you are telling the truth. So we're going to have to use Bor Gullet to confirm that you are.

Let that xenos thing anywhere near me and I'll shove my fist down your "gullet".

I didn't understand the point of that part of the movie: he was still suspicious about the whole deal and the pilot had no long term effects from the mindrape; you could have removed the scene and practically nothing would have changed.

That scene was literally the most pointless part of the movie.

It could have been removed and there would have been no difference.

I think JJ Abrams just likes tentacles.

The movie was going through a bit of a re-write and I assume that was the left-over of something that they felt needed to stay for...some reason.

Most likely to display the sort of extremist that Saw Gerrera was, and it might have been done well too if they'd taken a step back and really thought about what they were trying to convey.

NO! DONT! I SWEAR BY LUTHER THAT I AM NOT FALLEN! FOR THE EMPEROR!

I got the feeling it replaced a more normal torture scene that got took out because it made Saw look too evil.

>The movie was going through a bit of a re-write
The only feel I get about it is that it was a CG scene and by the costly nature of it they didn't throw it away.

Saw Gerrera and his gang where too cool for the movie.

Nice buildup without any payoff, 0/10 ty for making me SLIGHTLY care disney(tm).

I felt like they were supposed to be the group that showed up as the backup in the final act. Another suicidal act of bravery because they had to atone for what they did.

Hey, at the end of the day, it was still a better prequel to Episode IV than what George Lucas came up with.

Absolutely.

Or I just could cast detect lie.
It would solve everything.

Sauce?

Man, they even re-shoot Krennic's scenes and his cool as fuck dead scene.
Remember that mpment im the trailers in which a wounded in the leg Erso faces a TIE fighter? The one who is flying it was Krennic and basically taunts Jean before she manages to head shot him. Since executives found that too crude (and not suita le for children) you got the ironic death.
In fact Krennic curb stomps the rebels alone during the fight in Scarif because he was supposed to Man without Name good with his revolver like blaster gun.

I really want a director's cut of this film.

It just feel like this was a 2 hour + film that got trimmed mercilessly down.

It is already longer than 2 hours you dolt.

I liked Krennic's ironic death though. Disintegration by a direct hit from the Death Star is a pretty cool way to off the villian.

The original death of Krennic was supposes to be part of Jean Erso's development. During the film Erso is shown to be skeptic on the Force because reminds of her mother who was a memeber of the church of the Whils. Then, on the platform, wounded and facing Krennic piloting a TIE fighter and with Saw men dead along with the rebel commandos she somehow finds that is a force sensitive. Hence she manages to shoot before Krennic does and head shoots him.

That movie was so bad.

Good production values but writing was shit on all levels.

>That scene was literally the most pointless part of the movie.
All of the Saw Gerrera scene is pointless.
First he talks as if interrogation by this blob thing will be the most mind breaking torture ever. Then you just revive the pilot by tapping him on the shoulder and asking 'yo dude, you okay?'.
It made him looked evil and cruel, and you heard the rebel commanders saying they part ways with him because he's too extreme. Then he turns out a good guy.
And then there's the chink monk who can fucking evade and deflects multiple laser shots, and then dies because on the second time he's in the same situation he decides to casually stroll around instead of doing his kungfu moves.

Really, the whole desert planet characters and scenes are pointless and aimless.

Its meant to say he could be trusted and was reformed from being an imperial because the thing didn't eat him. I would have perfered he betray them at the last moment.

>All of the Saw Gerrera scene is pointless.
Even his death is pointless.

>"Shit the planet is blowing up, get in the ship Gerrera"
>"nah familia I got this"

He's a double leg amputee with obviously severe respiratory issues, he knew there was no fucking way he was going to be fast enough to get away from the blast.

Wanna know why the squid thing was in there? So we could have a fucking mind tentacle rape monster, cause dat shit coo. It also further establishes Saw as an extremist for whom the ends justify the means.

Shhh, you'll awaken the Prequel Defense Force.

So does Jyn have more midichlorians than Rey?

>It made him looked evil and cruel, and you heard the rebel commanders saying they part ways with him because he's too extreme. Then he turns out a good guy.

I thought that the point of its inclusion was quite clear. It was to establish that he was a needlessly cruel paranoid extremist. This served to shone light on the grey areas of the rebellion and that it isn't all just cuddly wuddly furry peeps, freedom lovers and wincest.

Fuck you, Donnie Yen is always great.

>I didn't understand the point of that part of the movie
I didn't understand the point of that entire movie.
Other than Money for the Mouse.

There wasn't a point. It was pointless. Just like the scene where the Rebel leaders argue but then everybody shows up anyways.

0/10 trash tier movie.

Yeah, but I think Andor's killing of the informant conveyed that much better.

True.

That guy's probably not even up yet.

when are they gonna make a spin off for the space kungfu monk and his bro?

The adventures of Ip Man and Captain Aimbot: a starwars story comes out in 2021. I work at Lucasfilm, you can trust me.

The movie was good, but was far too rushed that none of the characters or places they introduced had any weight, which was a shame because space monk and space manchu guy were cool. The coolest place they visit, that cool spaceport in the beginning where the french guy kills that one guy, is only there for that scene, which I thought was a waste of potential considering they opt to focus more on another fucking sand planet.
I think the movie should have been a trilogy, or multiple installment movie, and deserved to be more than episode 7 because rogue one took risks, albeit minor ones.
First movie: Jyn is feed from prison, tasked with finding Forest Whittaker's character or some shit. Movie ends with the city being bombed out, giving some time to actually develop fucking characters and give importance to is descent into madness and his overall splinter faction.
2nd Movie: Finding Gailand, ending with the rebel attack on the base. Main focus is one the growing distrust between characters.
3rd: The final assault on the base.

Where can I buy this?

That actually sounds worse than what we got. It was pretty decent for the protagonist to not be a Jedi for once.

>user took this thread only as an opportunity to make a weak-sauce, tired, spiteful joke about the Star Wars prequels, reminding me that although I dig parts of Star Wars that some others do not, I should hide my fandom even from other fans because I do not celebrate hack jokes meant to shame me for not responding with knee-jerk hatred whenever the prequels are even alluded to online.

>user cannot let an opportunity to deride or mock go by, even when the target is stale and the joke is hack, showing that a Pavlovian recitation of cultural credentials is the most important thing in fandom, I guess.

>So, instead of a nice discussion of something new, I get a rotten dose of crusty spite that’s been festering in the user's craw for 16 years. I mean, the bit is backwards and faded, but at least it’ll get half a laugh ten years ago.

Good one, user.

Or I could just run 'im over with my BMX until he confesses to lying and gives up the truth

You mean where they felt like there was no chance and then after finding out someone actually managed to pull it off ever slightly the hot head general rushes in to help which is what he wanted to do in the first place?

Hell the boo gullet scene was supposed to show that saw was an extreme rebel who didnt trust anyone at face value. This comes up again when hes happy to see jyn but things this must all be a trap.

Everytime i read criticism of this movie its like no one can follow a plot of even watched it.

As other user have pointed, the bor gullet supposedly extreme mindrape torture can be cured by a simple tap on the shoulder. How the hell is that extreme?

This, the entire scene felt weird, it has no consequences, it was meant to mind fuck him but he was fine 15 minutes later, it had zero purpose, was just weird

I could give this as a point where say in the last act he became lucid. But are we not watching the same movie where he was in a fetal position babbling about him being 'the pilot' or how when they escape he starts studdering when talking about how he needed to be strong as hes gone from anxious deserter to babbling pilot?

Once again, every time I read criticism of the movie its like people cant pay attention to things right in front of him. I mean if someone shows you a map and everything they say os true and your next train of thought is 'i dont buy it lets give him to the tentacle monster then throw him in a cell' that is not extreme or telling of extreme paranoia? Really?

You see. When i do movies with an extreme mind warping thing going on, the subject usually goes in fetal position for at least a year if not forever, not 15 minutes.

Its a good thing thats hyperbole and he remained unable to put together solid sentences like he was able to at the beginning of the movie.

See when making a counterpoint I address it instead of shrugging off the points listed above like how the scene was to show show was kinda a crazy paranoid asshole and his methods are extreme. Not argue over the semantics of what happened to the character who got mind fucked. The one who once again started out saying full sentences and went into babbling fits after getting mind warped.