How do you do Sci-Fi Westerns?

How do you do Sci-Fi Westerns?

If you don't do it like Wild Guns, you're doing it wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpVE5lBhT_W47nEUGllgxxaWPDbmL6MTB
youtube.com/watch?v=DA7L_htwuAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would absolutely love to play a game in the Wild Guns universe. It's a sci-fi western in every sense of the word, and you can get away with modern conveniences and a lot of different setpieces.

It's okay but I prefer Sci-Fi fantasy with wuxia element more than westerns because it is much more fun with everyone making up their own group specific styles and the groups and honor system is more feasible in futuristic fantasy.

Nothing says they can't coexist. They'd just be two different regions. "A cowboy in the Far East" isn't an unheard-of story.

Sure they can. But you usually set expectation before running a session and as said, sci fi wuxia is more fun.

Like Trigun

Watch Outlaw Star, OP

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpVE5lBhT_W47nEUGllgxxaWPDbmL6MTB

There are other options, like Wild Arms, Bravestarr, Trigun, or that one with the space sheriffs I can't remember the name of.

I know what you're talking about, but the name escapes me.

Is this a western animation?
How do the clothes make it pass the screaming censors and angry spinsters?

It's a 80s western cartoon, yes. That art was a "reimagining" of one of the characters.

So what would be the standard conventions? Is it your typical western epic, just with vastly advanced tech and industrialization?

Not realistic armor.

That's not armour, that's a uniform.

>How do you do Sci-Fi Westerns?
Well, what I do is I -
>If you don't do it like Wild Guns, you're doing it wrong.
- oh. Well, I guess you don't need an answer then.

>If you don't do it like some /a/ shit you've never heard of, you're doing it REEE!

It's a /v/ thing, actually. See .

No, I do it like Wild Arms, like all good people should.

I do it like Firefly, mostly.

What's special about Wild Arms?

Kinda like this, actually.

Funny, I've been doing that myself.

Music & the designs are a big part of it imo. The world is also relatively interesting, being a mix of the death of magic while ARMs tech is slowly creeping in.

Been waiting for my players to get to a scenario so I can drop this song on them
youtube.com/watch?v=DA7L_htwuAw

Is there a problem with robot gunslingers and modern industry or something?

Bump. This aesthetic is intriguing.

So is ARMs an acronym? What's it stand for?

Howdy pardner.

It depends on where you are in the series. But it usually means pain for anyone on the receiving end.

Ancient Relic Machines. Basically, leftover tech from an ancient civilization that JUST SO HAPPEN to look like fancy guns.