>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

What sekirei make for the best companions on a jumpers slog through the multiverse?

Nope I haven't been to Nechronica yet, I have been letting people suggest places to go for me. I am sure I'll wind up there eventually. I am also sure Alice (and probably only Alice) will love the place.

Surprisingly there are a lot of good ones. Akitsu really needs a home and would fallow you in to the gates of hell.
Matsu is a perverted Geek girl who is a master hacker and brainiac.
and Kazehana would be a great drinking buddy for any jumper who needs one.

Who actually made the Harvest Moon jump?

So, I decided to start a new chain.

Jump #01: Fate/Stay Night

Drawbacks: JUMPER, Grail Campaign, Center Stage, Sealing Designation (2400)

Origin: HERO (Free)

-Perks-
Demi-Servant (1900)
Stronger Servant (1150)
I Need a Hero (Free)
Layman Linguistics (Free)
I Am the Bone of My Sword (950)
Playing With Marbles (450)
We Can Make It Work (250)
Mythical Visage (50)
Command Seals (Free)
Magic Circuits (Free)
Basic Training (Free)

-Items-
Senpai's Proof (Free)

-Servant Sheet (1850SP)-
B-ranked Strength: 50
C-ranked Mana: 150
C-ranked Endurance: 0
C-ranked Agility: 0
B-ranked Luck: 300

Independent Action A+: 450
Magic Resistance: 0SP

A+-ranked Charisma: 650
B-ranked Divinity: 800
A-ranked Golden Rule: 1000

EX-ranked Ea: 1450
A-ranked Gate of Babylon: 1650
A-ranked Enkidu: 1850

Drawbacks: Migraine (+50SP)

So, on the one hand, I've been yanked from my home and family to serve as entertainment for an omnipotent god/dess, given a new, female, body in which I have to play host to an arrogant ass, and have to fight in an extremely dangerous war.

>G: Arrogance would imply it is unfounded mongrel. And dangerous? With my power, there isn't an opponent capable of beating you.

May I remind you that not only is your Gate empty, it is also smaller? My only weapons are Ea, which, while neat, is also capable of rendering the planet a husk if used incorrectly, and Enkidu, which isn't very much of a direct combat weapon. My saving grace is that I'm now a very good swordswoman, and can copy others weapons thanks to that Marble.

>G: Bah, faker. You are only so weak as to rely on such methods because your body was not strong enough to contain my full power.

Yeah yeah, whatever. This does bring me to the pro's of this situation though. I've got phenomenal amounts of power, enough so to annihilate most enemies I might face, so long as I aim Ea correctly and don't let it charge too much. I'm extremely beautiful, like “holy shit I'm the best looking woman in the world” level beautiful. I'm richer then some countries - 25% of the Gate so far is devoted just to holding my money. Lastly, I guess, is Gilgamesh, who despite being egocentric as fuck, is actually sorta helpful.

>G: Only because I cannot have the bearer of my power be so inept.

Love you too~!

>G: Graah!

Anyways, let's go and see if we can't thin out the competition early.

Who's that and why do they look like me-

*BOOM*

Some user who dropped it, and another user who picked it back up and finished it.

So you also decided to end your new chain on the first jump?

I don't see how it would be impossible for me to win. I mean, with just Ea, all i'd have to do is sneak up to wherever *Insert Master & Servant here* is staying, and blast away at low power.

Ignoring the fact that it costs a buttload of mana and it's not impossible for them to dodge or block in certain cases, you're forgetting that they're all working together against you. Why would they all be staying in isolated areas to slowly let you pick them off one by one? Especially with your future clone there who knows what you would do and can do the same to you?

user, this is one of those idiots who thinks Ea can planet bust. I wouldn't bother if I were you.

I really don't think you'd be able to survive this one. 10 grail wars with everyone united against you, all with their own twists, all the while a version of you with all your perks and hundreds of years of training is trying to kill you. No perks to convince him not to kill you, and no real defence other than your Demi-Servant stats. I mean, it's your story, but you might wanna change something there.

You also get a free Servant even if you're a Demi-Servant I think.

Welp. I think that's the shortest chain I've ever seen. Does this mean you're now back home with Gil complaining at you?

You weren't around for people mentioning themselves getting offed in Pokemon? Because that happened with some who used dice and rolling, fuckin slipped in puddles, mauled by Ursarings, etc.

Now that you mention it I do vaguely recall some of that, but I didn't remember any of them getting offed while they were still standing around at their arrival point collecting their wits?

To be fair this is also a one jump chain, possibly even shorter since the JUMPER knows where they are and is hunting them, along with the rest of the servants.

Wait a minute. JUMPER is summoned the same time you are, but are the others summoned early if you take Center Stage, or can you pick them off as they're summoned?

Valeria, if you're here?

I'd say that the other Servants are all summoned at once if you take Centre Stage, so just pick randomly from any of the possible summon times.

What reaction would Destruction of the endless have if I offered to teach him the First Magic from fate? After all his goal is to try and create things instead of destroy and I feel like he deserves some help. Also would there be anyway to aid Delirium in returning to her prior embodiment of Delight? I feel like some of the Endless just got fucked over and deserve more than what they were given.

There was that guy who choked on a pizza he had the first night of his first jump. Spectacularly bad roll happened there.

So Echo up there would be facing JUMPER from the very beginning, and then at some point withing about a year the others all get summoned at once and immediately team up with each other, and the JUMPER unless Echo has miraculously beaten them?

Those are nice ideas user. Do you have magic-teaching perks? I think you would need really powerful bullshit magic to change back Delirium.

I don't know about the Endless, but is that Desire on the left, then Destiny, with Delirium and Death on the right? Which ones are Dream, Despair, and Destruction?

Black robed one is Dream, knapsack guy is Destruction, and the short ugly one is Despair.

Despair is the obese gnomish-looking grandma, Dream is the one dressed in black (and the actual protagonist of the series), and Destruction is the cheerful redhead.

To be honest, I've never been sure what Destruction actually did before retiring.

#7 Akitsu
She's abnormally strong for a single digit as well. He dominion is ice. Due to her situation she'd genuinely love you before you wing her/she wings herself so she's one of the awkward to waifu.

It'd be in the new DC jump at like 570 in my chain so I should have enough magic. I'm just not too sure how I'd do it in 10 years, she's been delirium since caveman times as we see her changing back when Destruction was in those times.

Destruction is the one with the travelling sack, he left his dimension as he wanted to start creating. He did this as Death is also life so he thought he might be creation and destruction.

Dream is the one in the long black cloak beside death and Delirium. Despair is the troll like one at the front.

not awkward*

Do you have wish magic/soul manipulation/phenomenal cosmic powers?

The Endless are supposed to be above and beyond reality and fiction, so I'm not sure how useful magic alone would be. I think you'd need therapy/charisma perks as well.

If they're part fiction you could use story telling magic like the ones from A Practical Guide to Evil, Innistrad, etc.

>10 years
Time dilatation.

Yea, I've picked up most magic in magic in the chain I just have no clue how to actually help her. I'll be going as Half-Blood Child of The Endless (destruction) when the Occult jump is fully finished. That'd probably let me get close to them. I just have no clue how I'd go about fixing what went wrong with her as it'd never really mentioned. If it's because of some change in the universe itself that changed her theres nothing I can do. Probably just gonna get Death to help me with it.

Not a fan of doing that personally. I do chronal time for my main body to measure my time.

Might end up being a post spark thing just given what the Endless actually are. At lease I can help Destruction with his goals.

I should have proof read that before posting it.

You're gonna have to headcanon the cause of Delight's corruption. Then headcanon a way to help her. Then roll dice?

Yes. And in each of the alternate wars someone faces with Grail Campaign, the servants in those are already teamed up with each other and aware that you are the target.

>Probably just gonna get Death to help me with it.
I wonder how Death would interact with a Jumper.

>You know, *I*'m never gonna die for real. By the time I'm done with this Jumpchain thing I'll be several orders of magnitude too indestructible for that to happen.
>Sure you won't, buddy. Sure you won't.

Or Dream. He'd probably find the whole idea of Jumpchain a hazard.

Valeria I have a dumb question for you. You love those right?

Do all masters have to die for the Holy Grail War to be won? Can a master recuse themselves?
Basically could I survive as a master if I just stay out of it as much as possible?

Death would most likely be very confused. After all the chance that it's that Death you go to is next to nill.

Destiny would despise some jumpers due to how they fuck everything up and cannot be accounted for.

Dream would probably be curious or something. Imagine what would happen if you took some places with you as you dreamed like that place in bloodborne.

Desire might get jealous? If a jumper had every appearance perk in the chain that is.

Destruction would most definitely be curious. I mean if anyone can help him it's the being that the Presence had no knowledge of.

Delerium would enjoy the idea of jumpchain. It's kinda maddening just thinking about everything that a jumper is capable of, will be capable of and shouldn't be capable of.

Despair would feel despair.

Oh. My mistake. Looks like another night or two of agonising over my build(s)...

Hmm. I must apologise in advance for putting you in what might be a "fanwank something" position, but the idea is rather compelling and if it's impossible I'd rather clear it up front. Approximately what rank of Pioneer of the Stars would you say you'd require to attempt crafting one's mana circuits to be compatible with a True Magic you know of, and/or either HSDW or Runes, so that their attributes can interface with and support each other?

Assuming it is possible below EX rank with that skill, what would the minimum rank ceiling be?

Would ranks in Item/Territory Creation be relevant to such an attempt, or would you say ancient magecraft crafting techniques are too incompatible to assist even with the skill?

I would assume such an undertaking, before magic genius modifiers/something on the level of using Wish Granting and a truckton of mana, would be an undertaking of centuries at least?

And finally, with enough self-inflicted conversion of one's body into hormunculus-like tools for True Magic systems and/or assistance from ancient magecraft systems would it be hypothetically possible to alter one's self into something that could vastly enhance magical precision? In the case of Justeaze Einzbern, her shredding herself into a spiritual model of the universe as the Greater Grail seems to have altered her degree of control over the Third apart from simply turning her into a magical reactor, Ilya functions as a control mechanism to it and Caster was apparently able to hijack the Grail system with her skill.

Yo Valeria what rank would a noble phantasm that could make anything capable of being completely overwhelmed by pain and apply that amount of pain to it be?

With all the talk of time stop and time travel, I have a question.

How exactly does Jump Chan track your time in a jump? Is it the cumulative time spent in the jump, or ten years since the start of the jump?

fanwank it senpai

no, because then you can do things like time travel to the point where you started a jump to get another run at it.

I think Death would be pretty annoyed to learn how many of her equivalents from other universes are the Grim Reaper type.

Desire would definitely see you as a challenge, and try to find something to tempt you that you couldn't get on your own. Despair might try to fuck with you as a game, too.

I don't know what Dream would end up thinking of you, but you and he could have really interesting conversations on the nature of stories and such.

i really don't care about how other people play their imagination game, senpai

Then you're gonna have a bad time here?

>not telling people they're playing pretend wrong
It's like you think you're on SB or something.

Depends on how time travel works in that universe. And what perks you have.
Maybe the timestream is self-correcting. Maybe time travel gets the attention of things you really don't want to meet.
You might just paradox yourself out of existence. Or the entire universe you're in.

So yeah, you'll need to fanwank it unless it's explicitly mentioned how time travel works in the respective canon.
Also

...good question. Most of the Endless already seem to have First-like abilities over their purviews. BUT, Destruction himself mentioned the Endless really define both their purview and its' opposite i.e. destruction/creation and he HAS created (bad) art successfully, so maybe he just needs the right context? All things considered I think he would be rather interested in the potential to actualise any possible muse (figurative or the literal Muses), perhaps even to take his new philosophy to its' logical conclusion and use it to change himself into a new entity a la Dream's suicide into the new, less melodramatic Dream.

As for Delirium-a few of the short stories imply her current state might have been caused by her going mad from heartbreak because she used to be betrothed.

I'm...going to suggest The Power of Love from 8-Bit Theater with the BIG CAVEAT it is currently being used to power hadoukens, but it IS fundamentally mystic control over love as an at least global, and likely universal, concept. And Sarda proves there is much, much more that can be done with magic than what Black Mage has come up with. So if you worked up something from its' basis using magic learner perks like Chrono Trigger's Guru you /might/ be able to kitbash something more palatable. Shinmaic Circle Oneiromancies from Exalted can be extremely powerful magical focii over narrative, so those might also help.

I've also been told by Brellin that with the right build (local, all healing perks, all magic boosters, racial background that's gud at healing) you could acquire a skill like a reverse-The Goal of All Life Is Death to make inapplicably healable things healable, so that might help?

More than anything else, I think the biggest challenge is the ridiculous amount of keikaku you'd have to do to convince one of the Endless do something they might not want to. Desire is broken, but seems vaguely content in her role with the support of her siblings.

I wish I had picked up the perks that let you summon other deaths. Like imagine Discworld and Magicka death having tea with the Endless Death. I do agree with that bit about Dream though the conversations with him would be memorable as fuck. Would Delirium and Despair really try to fuck with you though?

Technically, only the Servants need to die for the war to be won, it's just commonplace tokill the Masters too.

>Can a master recuse themselves
Prior to the war starting? It's possible and if you give up your command seals to the Church Coordinator, you might not even be chased after. If you just stay out of it without fulling conceding, then people are going to eventually come for you.

If you just don't want to take part, the jump includes an option to skip the war, but it's only for Masters and you lose your command seals and free Servant.

EX rank I assume, since that's the only one to give you a technical chance at accomplishing anything. Not sure why you want to given that sentence is basically gibberish that makes no sense and wouldn't really accomplish anything the Magics can't do better on their own except maybe something like pre making uses of it with runes? You could do that in other ways easier.

Answered above.

Why would either be relevant, aside from for making stuff that makes you better at magic?

>Could I make myself into a magical focus tool
Probably. Seems easier to just make a wand or staff to do the same thing.

An Np that can instantly incapacitate almost any foe is too much, so it'd need limits and costs first.

what happens with the time travel is not the Thing I'm arguing against, what I'm arguing against is having basically what amounts to a free return just buy using a time loop.

Desire and Despair are both dick. They occasionally fuck with random people just to try to prove a point.

Delirium is less vindicative, but her very presence is dangerous. Pure insanity isn't something fun to be around.

Thanks for the tips. I can only imagine the magic communities reaction to seeing the personal therapist of one of the Endless. Or even seeing you walking around and talking to Delirium.

>If you just don't want to take part, the jump includes an option to skip the war, but it's only for Masters and you lose your command seals and free Servant.
Yeah I think I'm gonna do that.
Although... If my servant dies, and I resurrect him after does it still count as me having lost? Could be a workaround to make an alliance and let my ally win.

Only the servants have to die for the Grail to appear. However since masters are a lot weaker than servants a lot of the participants would try to target you first. The Assassin class was literally built on this principal.

You technically can just give up your rights to be a master and bug out at the start, but where's the fun in that?

>so maybe he just needs the right context?
There's a whole chicken-and-egg argument running through Sandman: Are these big transcendental concepts as they are because the personifications made them that way, or are the personifications themselves illustrations of how the concepts work and trapped by their own nature?

Gonna need to grab Blessing of Delirium then. I knew Desire fucks with people for fun, I was just unaware that Despair did it too but that makes sense I suppose.

I was thinking I would be melee range only and could not inflict any more actual harm then the riding crop It looks like, Furthermore it could still be avoided and blocked.

If your Servant dies then yes, it counts as a loss, as their soul would count as having been taken to the grail (They'll show up at the end of the jump to join you as a companion even if you don't resurrect them).

That's assuming that time travel actually works that way.
That you can just hit the metaphorical rewind button without consequences. Which i doubt.
It's far more likely that trying to abuse time travel will have consequences you don't like, so i'd be very careful using it.

And it's not really a free return. More of a Groundhog Day loop. Sure, free training time, wohoo.
You can get that any number of ways, most of which are far more clear cut, less risky and completely legal, like the various methods of time dilation available to jumpers.

If someone wants to fanwank that he can time travel at will and it all works out it's not like i/we can stop him even if i/we wanted to.

Fucking hell. Need to remember they don't fuck with people like Zelretch might, they fuck with thing on a cosmic level. Btw where about are they talking? Like what realm, seems like an interesting place to visit.

Well...if you add in that certain Skills/powers (Battle Continuation as one example is perfect for that) would allow resistance or negation at very high levels (In later jumps translating to either similar abilities or crazy high willpower). With that in mind and the flaws you've stated I'd put it at...B rank. In many ways it works similar to the end effects of Gae Bolg, that being a very cheap way to put most foes out of the fight in a single strike, with certain skills allowing resistance. It isn't anywhere near as hard to dodge as Gae Bolg but it's also a passive effect that applies at all times with no cost. So I'd think it come to about the same price range, since it has pluses and downs in comparison to it.

It's Krypton.

Resurrecting them would likely not work, not only are the servants just projections of the actual Heroes from the Throne, but the Grail also munches their souls in order to complete the ritual. Unless the servant is instantly resurrected or has God Hand then it likely will count as a loss.

The solution? Put God Hand on your servant, that solves all the problems.

Fun.

No not the place they were talking about. I knew that. The place they are sitting. Like with all the gods and shit around.

Oh, okay. Thanks for answering.

And-eh, if my calculations are correct about mucking around with the Third with certain out of jump things, I've already turned myself into a pile of melting giant mollusks. Might as well get some use out of all the potential artificial magic nerves I have lying around, y'know?

Maybe also form my sludgy Ether-flesh into runes to cast faster/hack my own True Magic casting since I didn't take Wish Granting in my current build.

True. I personally think the ending era on a bit of both, but ultimately with the latter taking precedence over the former given after everything that happened, new Dream seems to be less of a dick than old Dream

I've noticed that the "older' the Endless, the more bound they seem to be to their concept. Destiny literally lives his life by the book, while Dream takes his job seriously but can clearly do whatever he want.

Meanwhile Desire's a total bitch.

About the same reaction as watching someone walking down the street wearing a vest of grenades he is actively slapping, I'd imagine.

HA!

Oh boy, she must feel silly about that.

If you have a ROB actively tracking the time you spend in a jump, don't expect your shenanigans to fool them.

Being a Starborn in Chronicles of Narnia allows you to emit light.

Would that light count as sunlight against vampires?

Depends on the kind of vampires. Generally guessing no though, considering Narnian stars are glowy magic people and the Sun is something different and much, much brighter.

I'd say no, in most setting it's specifically the sunlight that hurt them.

I think Jojo would be better for that.

Makes sense. Well that's too bad. It's pretty expensive too, 400cp...
>Jojo
Uh? With what perk?

Hamon's Ripple Mastery.

Be sure to take Twilight's Our Monsters Are The Same too, since otherwise all vampires obey different rules.

Though obviously, the proper way to deal with vampires is to find a way to briefly turn the Earth translucid.

> Spoiler
That would be so awesome. Even if just to do it for half a second. Can you imagine? For one brief moment everyone's just floating in a void, and then poof, the vampire just insta-dusts.
That's like some jRPG magic bullshit.
Is there ANY magic system that might make that a reality?

Thank you, will check out. Not sure if I can bear Twilight. I mean there's cowboy vampire Lee Pace, that's something at least.

>turn the Earth translucid
That's pretty great. What unintended consequences could it have tho?

If you want to hurt vamps get the Sword of the Sun from Shadow of the Collosus. 50CP. UNLIMITED sunlight.

Uh, assuming a regular Earth-Earth?

EVERYTHING ELSE being incinerated along with the vampires as the radiating heat of miles and miles of manga suddenly becomes concentrated on the thin crust surrounding it.

That secret manga at the core of the earth, it's too hot for the human race to survive the sight of!

So since Railgun esper powers and Reality Marbles essentially function the same way, would Malleable Reality affect your RM?

Well to be honest my first goal is to be the specialiest of snowflakes. And being a beautiful star person is a good step in that direction.

But my secondary goal is indeed to fight off vampires. I don't necessarily want to hunt them to extinction just be strong against them.

Pretty sure malleable reality affects more then just esper powers anyway, judging by the bit where it says you can imagine a imaginary part of your body to take on the strain of casting magic.

Probably a ton of cancer from the radiation, might kill a lot of animals that need specific habitat requirements 24/7 as well.

But what's that compared to vampire genocide.

This is sounding more and more like a great idea.

Okay, the translucid Earth thing is a bit overkill. How about using magic to make crosses pop up everywhere, like that Uzumaki comic did with spirals?

It wouldn't kill them, just be excessively annoying.

> Probably a ton of cancer from the radiation
Really depends on if you get rid of the atmosphere or not at the same time. The ideal situation isn't "everything vanishes for a second", but rather, "everything becomes invisible for a second". So presumably the atmosphere would still be doing its thing, you'd still be standing on solid ground, you just can't see anything for a moment except the sun and the void.

That could probably fuck up some animals, though. I'm pretty sure there are at least some lifeforms on Earth that can't stand the sunlight.

Also, I guess depending on whether or not people are also made transparent, you might see a bunch of worms and shit underground. That might be kinda weird.

>"everything becomes invisible for a second"
If that "everything" includes the vampires, are they still hit and affected by the sunrays?

I honestly don't know. That seems like something that would come up in pop culture at some point, and yet I don't think I've ever seen it.

>Half-Blood Child of The Endless (destruction)
I imagine Destruction would be a cool Dad.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be Brian Blessed's kid?

>incinerated due to radiating heat due to exposed magma
Hmm. Do you have a citation for that? I'm suspicious that if that were the case then the current temperature gradients between the mantle, crust and hydrosphere/atmosphere shouldn't be what they are.

Not him but I read somewhere when heat leaves a star's corona, it somehow becomes way hotter than it should. And nobody knows why. For all we know it's Sun Wizards.

If life's taught me anything, it's that we just don't understand jack shit about macroscale temperature gradients.

Did you see the Occult WIP last thread? Any thoughts on it?

To be fair, it's not like we can just send a probe up there to take measurements. We have sadly not invented Futurama tech that can survive flying through the sun.

God that would be awesome, though. First thing I'd do is fly through the sun just because I could.

It'd probably make it a bit more versatile I guess? Like if you had a UBW expy you could maybe project sword shaped fire.

Not to self-shill or anything, but Dark Souls has a sun bro origin with a perk or two good for that.

> briefly turn a building invisible
> "Man there are a lot of rats in here."

Self-shill!