Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Give-give is warpstone-shekels, goy-thing!

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. It's not the same universe. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

First for Ulric and the Empire

>creating a new thread when the other is at page 7

will you shut the fuck up already
you haven't provided any arguments in what feels like 20 posts

SPANKABLE

ELVEN

ASSES

>They're also stupid cretins and cowards.
This. They are fundamentally animalistic. They're not really stupid as such - they're actually quite cunning. But they're weak-minded, cowardly and just.. base, not to mention debased. They rage easily, they are lazy, and they're incredibly disorganized, and fiercely tribal (or pack-oriented).

>they're all children of chaos
>why would they hate each other
>do they perhaps in reality just hate THEMSELVES?
I realize it was intended as a joke, but it's probably actually pretty true. They hate themselves, they hate humans for everything they have that they cannot have (including, usually, the favour of the Chaos Gods, their very creators), they hate other packs or herds for not being them, and because they want what they have, whether it's just food or land or a ritual site.

They're basically nietzschean slave morality taken form. They want to tear down everything that has any advantage over them, simply for them not being as savage or hated or depraved or poor as they are.

>will you shut the fuck up already
>being this much of a triggered SJW

Really, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point. If you have any arguments that hasn't been paved, you would've presented them by now.

ignore him, he's just a random troll

how does telling you to shut your stupid fucking mouth make me a sjw?
you're just clogging up the thread cause you've lost the argument a dozen times by now and honestly it's just infuriating to watch any more of this
jews are rats, we get it
but most other aspects of their design allude to nazis or something else

Can you please stop trolling/shilling WHTW, it is NOT THE SAME UNIVERSE. Please go elsewhere, this is the WARHAMMER FANTASY GENERAL.

I totally approve of this

piss off, everyone here approves of Total Warhammer since it captures the feel and scale perfectly

grasping at original canon is inviting End Times faggots

that wasn't me, bud. kek.

hey, maybe the reason you can't grasp an insulting Nazi parody is cuz it's making fun of you?

you seem to fit the bill for "racist idiot", at least. "making them not rats removes the aesthetic completely" hurr durrr *watches ratatoulie* mien gott it's the skaven juden again!!

Its last WHFB thing you will ever get, at least at this quality.

It is NOT. THE. SAME. UNIVERSE. Most people accept this.

Kindly go shill elsewhere.

>AoS shill mad because people prefer Warhammer to AoS

>piss off, everyone here approves of Total Warhammer
I don't
>since it captures the feel and scale perfectly
it doesn't and you're a fucking retard
the WHTW feel is the end times feel, the post-7th edition feel, which is not the feel of warhammer, it's the feel of WH dilluted by shitty videogame and CG aesthetics and robbed of its essence
go fuck yourself I hate you and everything you stand for

See? You had your chance, and blew it. Discussion of TW:W just invites autism and shilling.

Kindly take it elsewhere.

Could Solland ever make a comeback? What about Drakwald?

so what? it's the same setting.
WFRP, WHFB pre-SoC, WHFB post-SoC all differ enough to be considered different universes. we care for the setting and the atmosphere, not about technical differencies between 99% similar universes

>the WHTW feel is the end times feel
>in a game where Archaon may not even appear
>in a game where Archaon can be rekt the turn he appears on the map

TW:W is not Warhammer. It is different. This is the WARHAMMER FANTASY GENERAL.

Go away AoS faggot

Excuse me, that's the justification Age Of $hillmar WEB TROLLS AND HECKLERS use to justify shilling their DIFFERENT UNIVERSE.

Kindly. Troll. Elsewhere.

yea, clearly I was talking about gameplay or cherrypicking about specific character appearances rather than complaining about the overall aesthetic of the game or any WH-related product of the last decade+

I believe it could, if Empire ever had a bit of respite
gather minor criminals: convicted for desertion, debt, manslaughter

it was fine until this very thread where you came to us. so please go and stay go.

it is Warhammer. it doesn't even contradict the fluff, really. it apparently happens where 8th Edition armybooks leave the fluff, so it's alright. it basically what WHFB would've been if End Times didn't happen.

That's why you fail, End Times autist. There is a double standard : neither TW:W, SoC nor any fucking fanfiction out there is as bad as what you are shilling.

No to the former - Wissenland would not cede the turf. Drakwald is possible if only because it's de facto no man's land.

>8th Edition armybooks leave the fluff
What difference is there between 6th ed army book fluff and 8th ed army book fluff ?

>Drakwald is possible if only because it's de facto no man's land.
It's Middenland turf IIRC.

I think you will find I am trying to defend the thread from GAYge of $HITmar shills.

crap, got distracted by AoS shill, didn't finish typing

I believe it could, if Empire ever had a bit of respite
gather some non-utter criminals: convicted for desertion, debt, manslaughter, etc.
give them all a chance to start live anew as colonists. they don't have much choice anyway.
when some settlements are started, extend an offer to the homeless and the poor to come help with colonization.
send a small army force and some witch hunters to keep crime and heresy under control and voila, you have nice fronteerland inhabited by people who have nothing to lose and built their homes with their own hands,so will defend it to the last.
once it's all nice and rolling, choose some exiled noble from among them, elevate him to Elector Count, give him the Runefang, give the colonists some gold and a lot of kudos, and voila, your recognition of them buys you their undying loyalty for a generation or two. after that it's just another province.

8th Ed is just the buildup to BEND TIMES and FAIL OF SHITMAR, it is NOT THE SAME UNIVERSE and we DO NOT ACCEPT IT.

and 7th is buildup to 8th, and 6th to 7th... let's all go play 5th! oh crap, its bright clashing colors, cartoony aesthetics and low model count! no, I'm not going back to edition that has everything from AoS except sigmarines.

now piss off.

are Vermintide DLCs any good? I mean the big ones - Drachenfels and that Karak Something.

De jure, yes. But the only one who goes out there besides dem elfs is Boris Todbringer when he wants to find his boyfriend.

I enjoyed them, but I think they're a bit pricey for what you get. If you like Vermintide, though, go for it.

The new weapons in both are great fun.

I doubt it just because of vested interests.

Maybe Solland if Emmanuelle von Liebwitz goes through with her plan to separate Nuln from Wissenland.
But really, I don't think there's any desire to. Most of the old Sollanders are dead and the ones that remain seem to be doing quite nicely in Averland and Wissenland.

>Todd is german word
>Bringer is english word
so he really has a surname in two languages? one of which probably doesn't even exist in WHFBverse, and even if it does, it's spoken only on a secret island no one been on for a hundreds of years?

I mean, if it was purely in English you could say it's a translation, but being half on german it probably is meant to sound exactly like that in german...

>oh crap, its bright clashing colors, cartoony aesthetics and low model count!
none of those are bad
and the low model count is relative to 8th where they just had find a rules excuse to make you buy 50 boxes of clanrats
less models means you get to spend more time with each, the army is more personal and the army centerpieces can stand out without being disgusting 30 inch tall plastic monstrosities

meh, it's not a big model as long as it ain't bigger than your dick

can't wait to buy new Lord of Change

more elven asses please?

you didn't even post that witch elf one.

>can't wait to buy new Lord of Change
can't wait for your kind to be eradicated

sorry to hear you hate people with big dicks

If everyone would help report the shill and all his posts for violating global rule #3, that would be great.

>how does telling you to shut your stupid fucking mouth make me a sjw?
It doesn't. Getting upset over caricatures, trying to pitch nonsense, being a political trying to inject ideology, getting buttmad over losing an argument and then telling someone to shut up makes you a SJW.

>jews are rats, we get it
Nobody ever said that, but you still haven't grasped that. You're just too offended to realize it.

>but most other aspects of their design allude to nazis
As has been established, practically nothing alludes to nazi stereotypes, other than in your politically divisive head.

>Can you please stop trolling/shilling WHTW, it is NOT THE SAME UNIVERSE. Please go elsewhere, this is the WARHAMMER FANTASY GENERAL.
You really, really, really don't have anything better to do, do you? Were you born this autistic, or did you have to train for it?

Total War: Warhammer is absolutely compatible with the overall majority of themes, narratives and concepts in Warhammer Fantasy. And what's more important, everyone agrees on it. You're really grasping at straws in your shitty trolling by now.

Low-hanging samefaggotry. Also, bait.

>Its last WHFB thing you will ever get, at least at this quality.
That's actually sad as shit, because it's true. It's Age of Shillmar from this point onwards, most likely. They're going to try to push and inject that shit into everything. We're unlikely to ever get this big of a batch of mostly-quality games; Total Warhammer, Vermintide, Mordheim, Man'O'War, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they C'n'D Return of Reckoning soon just to help purge it all.

>are Vermintide DLCs any good?
If you enjoy Vermintide, yes, they're great, and you should get them. If you're not into Vermintide, they're not going to change things for you, either.

You can get a lot of them at and

god you're an insufferable idiot

meh, I figured new CEO doesn't believe that "video games are a fad" bullshit so will keep pumping out games.
and I have a premonition we might see some attempts to cash in on T9A/WHFB players, since IoB repack includes square bases. so we miiiiiiiiight get some WHFB stuff from GW. probably. maybe. sometime. like 1% chance, but still.

man you are either going deep level shit with trolling, or i got you shook bad. "samefaggatory" lmao, ill bet you a permanent ban from tg that only one of the dudes you just quoted was me.

aos does blow and tww/vermintide is groovy tho, so you've at least got taste, numbnuts

is there any good 3rd party generic giant model? I want to convert a Vermin Lord, but lack a good base model

>And what's more important, everyone agrees on it.

Most people don't.

>cartoony aesthetics
>none of those are bad

You're either misunderstanding what people mean by cartoony aesthetics, or you are the living cancer of the world.

can you expand on that?

Not that guy, but 5th edition could get pretty cartoony.

>Most people don't.
Discounting the Lord-Autist of WFG that is only engaging in his impotent screeching in order to be a contrarian misfit, I've never seen anyone opposed to the inclusion of Total War: Warhammer here, and I've stuck around continuously since November, starting about half the threads or so since before Christmas.

I could be misunderstanding what you mean, or you could've misunderstood me, I guess. What I meant to say is that most agree that Total War: Warhammer belongs here, and fits the aesthetics and the nature of the Warhammer setting, and certainly does not go against any established themes or concepts. If a lot of people feel otherwise, I think we would've noticed.

It helps that it's a phenomenal game that is generally popular even with people that aren't necessarily into the setting or other Warhammer Fantasy games, of course.

>meh, I figured new CEO doesn't believe that "video games are a fad" bullshit so will keep pumping out games.
The thing is, the new CEO, Rountree, doesn't seem that different, and he was appointed by Kirby, the old one, who was certifiably retarded and more than a little bit incompetent - arguably a delusional sociopath.

Also, GW changing CEO doesn't necessarily change much. Let's not forget that while Tom Kirby was a terrible human being and a useless waste of space and air, he was only CEO from early 2013 to early 2015, but GW has a terrible track record far exceeding that. The almost universally reviled 8th Edition, widely considered a set-up for End Times, it itself a set-up for Age of Shillmar, was first released in 2010, under CEO Mark Wells (unless I'm mistaken).

We're talking about the company that, when it realized that it's IP:s are it's greatest strengths, immediately started to wreck both their major IP:s in order to be able to copyright and trademark as much as possible. Even if we disregard a lot of shit (writing, etc.) this place is not run by clever people.

but they still included square bases in not!IoB and dropped the price a bit. I have some hope.

The weird-ass Chaos-thing to the upper left, what is it?

Warshrine

pulled by mutant ogres

garbage, hot garbage

Here, just for you guys, I put together all the best bits from the 5th edition rulebook.

If anything the game is more like the Storm of Chaos because Chaos can fairly easily get it's shit wrecked without causing much real damage to the Empire at all and the whole world ending threat meekly vanishes like a bitch.
In my most recent game Middenland (which had eaten most of the northern and eastern Empire) fucked up Chaos basically by itself and left a few straggling stacks for me and nobody else even got fucking involved.

>Could Solland ever make a comeback?
Probably. It's technically possible. The people would likely not mind, too much. The question is really if it would be accepted as the real Solland, since all the people died.

Might get a lot of political pushback, though. The Elector-Count would most likely oppose it, since it'd mean ceding half a province to someone.

The question ultimately is why you'd want Solland to come back, or rather, why would the Emperor want Solland to come back? I like the idea, I just can't think of a strong justification as to why or how it would.

>What about Drakwald?
Again, possible, but so little is known about Drakwald. It's not even clear exactly where it was (as far as I know, other than "the Drakwald" obviously) or why it disappeared to begin with.

I think that getting Westerland and Marienburg back is a lot higher on the list. Question is where we're going to start getting extra runefangs, though. Speaking of which, where the fuck did Westerland and Marienburg get a runefang to begin with? There's not enough to go around, if you consider Solland and Drakwald.

i wish this kind of whimsical humour had stuck around. a real Wizards sort of art style.

the Blood Bowl rulebook has some good shit in it as well. bw ink but still with self aware humour to it.

Can a Beastman, a Norscan or a Skaven be a decent person if raised by decent people, taught morals and ethics, treated well, regularly fed, etc?

>autistic screechings

>Norscan
Absolutely. Norscans are just people, and are generally decent already.

>Beastman
No, it's extremely unlikely. They are naturally predatory, debased, and animalistic.

>Skaven
Extremely, extremely unlikely. You might get it to not kill things, but many of it's more unsavory instincts can likely not be curbed. They'd still be thieves and backstabbing liars.

That's not to say that such treatment wouldn't make them "better", but if you're expecting to get a functional member of society out of it, no. Their minds are warped by their nature and corrupted by chaos. Even finding one that can't be considered to suffer from multiple mental derangements might be hard.

norscan are just humans so yeah. once they're chaosified, then no: the chaos gods are micromanaging jerks.

beastmen are wild animals with a culture all about being brutal and hating people... id think they could be "tame" but still unpredictable and maybe lacking in the ability to make moral judgements. or, they're chaos and thus innately "evil", with evil generally being "always does whatever you would not like someone to do"

skaven, well, you could say they got culture that's making them all fucked, or genetic tendencies, or you can say they're chaos and thus will be evil assholes all the time. the former gives some possibility of individual goodness, or some degree of that, but i know a lot of fatguys like the hard line in fantasy races being good or evil, or think the idea of a not evil skaven wrecks them, so go with what pleases you.

Is anyone here an expert on Estalia?
My players are about to dock at Bilbali, and I have zero ideas to throw at them.

>Empire strikes a deal with Bretonnia and High Elves
>High Elves supply boats
>Empire and Bretonnia, ALL OF THEM, get aboard and take sail to Southlands
>Chaos comes to plunder human lands
>sees empty land, not a single man in sight
>battle-hungry barbarians turn on each other and pretty much wipe each other out
>some decide "fuck it", go home and start centuries-long war with Dark Elves
>most patient ones continue south and get wrecked by either Wood Elfs, Dwarfs or orcs
>humans come back and settle their homes again, free from the threat of Chaos

why don't orcs all go north? aren't chaos hordes a perfect source of fight for them?

>their homelands are now hellish landscapes full of daemons
>or even worse: colonized by wood elves, dwarves and orcs

Why not use the fan-made Estalia sourcebook, Swords of the Maiden?

Somebody already made all the hard work? Awesome.

>where the fuck did Westerland and Marienburg get a runefang to begin with?
Do they even have a runefang ? Wouldn't that be Nordland's runefang ?

>take sail to Southlands
Lots of beastmen and lizardmen there.

Some do I imagine, and some don't.
EVERYONE is a source of fighting for orcs, including other orcs, so most of the time they tend to stay in the Dark Lands and southern Badlands fighting each other unless a particularly successful leader stirs up a Waaagh!
In addition, Goblins have different objectives then "fight shit arra time", as do hobgoblins, one that also involves lots of infighting.

Exactly.

Ironically, in my first empire playtrough I stopped the chaos advance at Middenheim, and the chaos forces retreated to the mountains.

Magritta pirates, Marienburg merchants, Bretonnians on vacation...

My biggest problem in my Empire playthrough by far were the Vampire Counts and Greenskins, ESPECIALLY the Greenskins and fucking Grimgor and his way overleveled ass.

Chaos was a distant third at best, and Archaeon personally wasn't even worth a shit during the whole thing at all; Kholek was considerably more annoying.

>mfw I get off a boat on estalia and it's cost del sol with fully armored bretonnian knights sunbathing instead of hojo

The origonal creator was out by 6e.
Everything after that is as a result fanfiction.

Can't wait to get my Avatar Of Shaah.

Made To Order you mean?

Add Gyrobombers to this.

There was a Beastman kept like a retarded son in one story as I recall.

Remember that Beastmen are just a blatant ripoff of Broo. Raise one with love and you get a son or daughter. Abandon them, you get a monster who will sire a generation to destroy your civilization.

Also, female Beastmen are sometimes tame.

I meant like bringing back / making new model for factions that they discontinue, but that are popular in T9A, since AoS "fluff" allows them to include anything, up to pink flying hippo unicorns with anime eyes. Shieldworlf, IIRC, is making Bret minis and they are quite popular, so I'd expect GW to try to cash on that.
>"Oh, mortal realms totally have whole countries of feudal knights, guys! Come buy from us! We'll even throw in square bases!"

Here.

Some people theorize Skaven evil is based on the fact that rats and humans raised in overpopulation are insane.

If you could smuggle a Breeder and an unwilling fresh amputee for a sperm donor to Ulthuan and raise a small generation in safety, maybe. But since GW villains mostly rely on daddy issues, they'd probably go full Chaos when they found out their lineage. Hell, maybe go Khorne instead of Horned Rat.

Thanks, user

>norscan are just humans
>Norscans are just people
I really doubt that, but if you say so

>and are generally decent already
utter bullshit

>Norscans are just people
>I really doubt that, but if you say so

But they are, they're just Northmen, Vikings. They trade and raid and all the things but they're still men. They get a bit dodgier further north but they're still men.

Oh, hey Craig! Dropped the trip, huh?

as if being expies of retarded barbarians with frostbitten brains who could do nothing but raid and pillage is not enough, they are all corrupted by chaos. they live too close to Chaos Wastes to be normal. all that land belongs to Chaos.

>I really doubt that, but if you say so
You can be a Norse Berserker right in the WFRP 2e Core book.

The Norscans live in the shadow of chaos but a lot of them just worship Ulric and Ursun equivalents.
Pic related anyway.