/mtg/ modern general

Why do I have to keep making these threads? I made the last 5, I guess modern is dead. What does everyone speculate will be the next deck after dredge and all in decks take the hit? I'm suspecting Bant Eldrazi is going to be real good, and maybe abzan coco can be a deck again.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cranial-flush/
company.wizards.com/article/press/making-moves
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think there is much left to say about this format. Gey hype for aetger revolt.

I'm building cheap red green burn (eventually making it naya) to play in modern for however long it is until it dies completely, then hopping to legacy for mono red burn. Most decks aren't safe from a ban.

>playing mono red burn in lelgacy
Don't even bother man, you're literally just 1 step up from the fucking oops all spells and Belcher niggers in terms of faggot shit

Dead format

Neck yourself, you bitch

TRON MASTER RACE IS HERE

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE

>Dredge gets hit
>Less sideboard hate for grave shenanigans
>Living end gets inadvertently better
Well I guess it's time to dust off ol' reliable

Are you sure about that?

Dredge feels like it usually has a bad matchup against Tron, at least Firespout variants, or if they get an Ugin.

>no comeback with turn 3 urza's mine and all is dust
why even play magic.....

People are still gonna have graveyard hate in their sideboard until dredge is dead, rip is good in plenty of matchups

How do I improve my mill deck, got a local tournament coming up.

I'd recommend playing a good deck that doesn't suck

Maybe post the deck 1st?

Just a thought.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cranial-flush/

>3x glimpse
>the obvious best card in the deck
Maybe try not being retarded?

youve missed the point

>sword of the meek was banned
>in a format where literally the only half decent artifacts are strictly aggro
>comes back
>does nothing
>people unironically think wizards have any fucking clue what they're doing

Fatal Push will save the format.

Cap this post.

>Fatal Push
How is it any better than a tragic slip

Kills tarmogoyf without any conditions, for example.

You can trigger it with fetches and it takes care of very problematic things in the format.

FNM tiered or a bigger one?

>requires a creature to die vs. Requires you to fetch

I can tell you keep making them because the OP is always garbage

It snipes off a lot of threats in modern without any returns for your opponent, while the rest of the 1-mana removal suite has some conditions attached to them.

Path gives them a land and puts them ahead of curve, tragic slip needs you to fuck around with creatures dying before you can use it properly, bolt can fizzle against a 2/3 goyf if there's no instants in the graveyard, and it just bounces off things like tasigur, spellskite, etc.

Also push works off any fetch you activate, so you're nearly always guaranteed to have it up if you know when to crack it right.

Why don't you make them then you whiny faggot

Death's shadow not tasigur I was thinking of the wrong card I'm fucking stupid.

which is the cheapest website to buy singles, that ships to Latin america?

gayfire.com

Fuck Tron.

T. Butthurt casual
Sorry your Esper control shitbrew deck isnt competitive but its not Trons fault

How is playing burn considered faggot shit? Would you rather see a turn one Goblin Guide or a turn one Griselbrand/Sire of Insanity?

I just found the creature who will break the metagame.
Stormbreath Dragon does not die to Bolt, Push, or Path. Hes nearly invincible.

Except it is Trons fault that more slow control decks don't exist.

He's also five mana, good luck getting that late into the game.

Because it's a boring as fuck solitaire deck that only literal broke nigger retards play

Then play something thats not a slow control deck. Play Affinity and kick Trons teeth in every Friday.
Do you guys just complain about every single deck in the history of magic. I dont think ive ever seen a deck that you guys havent called bullshit, unskilled, or flat out asked for it to be banned. Maybe magic just isnt the game for you. Ive very rarely felt like a deck was bullshit or unhealthy for the format and needed to go but here its every single deck except Jund, Abzan and shitty UW control decks are despised

Hell back shortly after Khans people were complaining that Abzan was canceroud in Modern due to fucking Siege Rhino and everyone complained about "muh boring midrange value" so even that isnt sacred.

>this retard doesn't even understand of all the aggro matchups Trons best matchup is affinity and it's pretty much 50/50
Wew

Midrange is boring as fuck.

>people don't like to get shit on regularly by retarded aggro decks and want to play more than 4 turns rather than just lol I win

>not wanting to drop the price of a cheap car on fucking cardboard makes me a broke nigger
>wah only the decks I like should be allowed to see play
Seriously, neck yourself

>wizards
>having any clue whatsoever

company.wizards.com/article/press/making-moves They'll try making MTGO into hearthstone and fail horribly

Aggro is not retarded.
Why does everyone think this?
When you lose to them it's always bullshit but when you win it's because of your skillfully Inquisition pick, right

>not being able to afford the things you enjoy, so instead you play a brain dead deck with a shit win percentage and only ever win cause you got lucky
>implying I ever said that it shouldn't see play, not that it's just a gay deck and no one likes it
Seriously, any actual legacy player groans every time they have to play against it, there's literally no reason to play it unless you're poor cause the meta hasn't been friendly to it in forever. And it's always a boring ass match, no one likes to play against it, but you wouldn't understand

Aggro decks are designed to win the game as fast as possible using the fewest cards. Less decisions clearly. Therefore, easier to play.
>literally just 40 cards that deal 3

what are the decks that can play him and he isn't in there already?

You're simply wrong. Burn may be an exception but seems like tron and jund are not hard to play either

Actually a Tron player. This is cancer. But it's good cancer.

Decks like*

Less decision so they are more impactful. Making a mistake in aggro is way more punishing than in control.

bazaar de bagda?

>Should I bolt his face or lava spike his face?

>retard can't even comprehend burn

>should I attack with my goblin guide or hold it back on defense?

itt:
>Modern players arguing what is hard or not hard to play, what is skillful or not
>Modern
>hard or skillful
wew

The difference is essentially burn is tic tackle toe tier and the most durdling Esper list is checkers, but in the end tic tackle toe is retarded

Abzan after khans was cancerous in the form Birthing pod. Rhino was the card that pushed it into broken state and thus the ban.

Why does it matter if its hard to play though? Why is the difficulty of playing a deck considered such a badge of honor? The point of the game is to win not to play a difficult deck. No one ever was ever recognized at a GP for playing the most difficult deck. Its all about winning.

Tron is bullshit, and makes the format worse. True control will never be possible with lolt3karn allowed.

Thats not how the decisions work dumbass. For the most part save a few special situations the order of your spells should go creatures first especially Goblin Guide or Nacatl then Eidolon if those arent an option. Then you use your Sorceries, Rift Bolts first since they take a turn to come in, then Lava Spikes, finally when all that is exhausted you go to playing on your opponents turn with Instants like Atarkas Command, Boros Charm, and Lightning Bolt. ALWAYS fetch to rid your deck of lands and ensure you draw Burn spells, very rarely use your Burn to kill creatures, if you are against a counterspell deck and have run out of gas save spells in hand and build up lands until you have enough lands and spells to spam your way through their generally overpriced counters.

Also this only applies to Legacy but if facing a CounterTop lock and its late game use Chain Lightning to bolt yourself and if they are dumb and dont Top to counter it then use RR to copy it and send it at them

>there's literally a step by step guide for the drooling retards who play burn
Fascinating

Yeah the decks simple to play. Doesnt mean it doesnt have decisions theyre just easy. It doesnt matter. I play to win, and Burn wins extremely often if you know how to play it correctly. I dont play to validate my ego or prove my intelligence. Also do you think Patrick Sullivan is a retard?

Because brain dead decks are not fun to play against when there's always the possibility of the turn 3 nut draw or some bullshit. If burn is objectively the best choice to bring to a tourney, then go for it, but if you bring it to fnm you should end your life

>comparing yourself to a pro player with a burn fetish
Ebin

I bring it to FNM and rake in store credit all the time. It wins and it tilts the fuck out of people whats not to love? I get satisfaction out of tilting salty faggots like you and destroying your shit tier decks like Bant Humans and BR Vampires. Im bringing it tonight and plan to 4-0 again because the meta is so favorable for it at my shop.

Im not comparing myself to him. Hes way better at the deck then I am. I just asked if you think hes retarded since you seem to think all Burn players are.

Please point out the post where I said all burn players are retarded and it's not just that the deck is autistic and shitty

>the drooling retards who play Burn

You can't ask more from the GBx mouthbreathers. Seriously, Jund/Abzan is the most braindead, unskilled deck I've ever seen. If you like to play big dumb creatures Standard is your place and if you insist on playing modern then git gud and deal with the fact that it's not a safe space for green creatures. Actually, you're forced to.

>his meta consists of br vamp and bant humans
>he thinks hes good
>he takes pleasure in aggravating people who are just trying to have fun, a clearly autistic trait
>he thinks he'll ever not be a faggot
Wow, you bring a tier 1 deck to a clearly casual environment to try and win 10 dollars in store credit while wasting your Friday night playing a boring deck. Easily the most pathetic person I have ever witnessed, I pity you, truly.

>burn used to be and still is a "I'm building another deck right now"/"I'm new" deck in Legacy
>no one ever complained about it in there
>People cry about burn and put in $1k+ to build it in modern, which is twice as much as you need for a best possible burn list in legacy
>HOW DARE YOU NOT PLAY FOR FUN AT FNM/NON PRO-TOUR/GP ENVIROMENT
I swear, if I could play Vintage more often I wouldn't even keep up with the bullshit that is this format and the people in it. Then again, such levels of absurdity are hard to come by for laughs.

>the drooling retards that play burn
>not everyone who plays burn is retarded
Clearly you can't read

Don't even begin to pretend like burn is a complex deck. You can get away with saying aggro isn't as braindead as Veeky Forums says, but burn is literally babby's first deck. You count to 20 and win or brick and lose, that's literally all the deck does.

>it's the deck for new people
>so clearly it requires less skill
>implying people haven't shit on burn for being a boring uninteractive deck since magic began
And I don't believe you play vintage you sweaty autistic, post your power or gtfo

According to Veeky Forums:
>Burn is tier 1
>Burn/Aggro takes skill (in Modern format)
>Tron is tier 0
>Wasteland should be emergency reprinted in standard environment.
>Netdecking should be a bannable offense
>Playing for anything than MY IDEA OF FUN is TRIGGERING!
And you guys say Maro is a moron?

>ITT assmad Jundbabbies crying salty tears about Tron and Burn

I hope Git Probe and Troll were still legal so the crying of those who wasted 2000$ in cardboard only to lose against shit like Tron and Infect would be multiplied tenfold

>implying you have to count to even more than 15 in modern
It's even easier

>implying I agree with any of that
Oh, I didn't realise that I wasn't the embodiment of tg and not just some guy trying to explain that burn is an unfun retarded deck to someone even more retarded than previously thought.

>You can only play Vintage with paper
>What is MTGO
>Implying I can't post chinaman power
>Implying my power won't be called chinaman anyways
I didn't said burn requires less skill or more skill, I implied it's hilarious people whine about it so much in modern.

It's the same reason people like to see complex strategies in every other game. It's more entertaining to watch and play against.

I don't think there is a deck people haven't complained about.

Obviously fucking not you retard, when literally millions of people play a game there will always be some aspect of it that some people don't like, you're a fucking retard.
>some people don't like things
Fucking shocking

>implying literally anyone buys China man power 9 to actually play with
>implying if you play China man power 9 it won't be instantly found out by the people youre playing against
Also
>paying for digital cards
Also no one fucking cares that you think it's funny that people don't like to play against burn, it's literally a huge sign of autism and you should get medicated.

Why are you so angry? Did you have a rough day? It's ok, calm down.

You two should chill. That's some dangerous levels of rectal bleeding right there.

Shh, there, there user. Show us on the doll where the Lava Spike hit you

My store is actually the largest in the city and the meta is filled with top tier decks. Lots of Jund, Affinity, Infect and Dredge. I just say Bant humans and GR Werewolves because you probably play some tier 4 shitbrew like that and thats why you bitch about good decks.

Damn did Goblin Guide kill your family?

i was happy as shit to see back to back burn decks at gp lou

Friday the 13th but every scene wirh Jason in it is replaced with a Goblin Guide photoshopped on Jason and the machete is the lantern

And after that nightmare on elm street but with Karn instead of freddy?

Yes

ITT: Anons get triggered that they lose
You realize this is what the SB is for? To shore up bad matchups. If you lose against Burn have a lot of lifegain sideboarded. A couple Feed the Clans or Kor Firewalkers ruin Burns day. If you hate Tron theres cards that hurt them too like Gaddock Teeg and Pithing Needle.

>all this samefagging

I've said it 100 times, I don't care that I lose to burn or not, I typically don't, I just don't like to play against it as its boring and unfun.

>posts with less than a minute of difference
>muh samefagging boogeyman

newfag detected
also the fact that you've been repeatedly called out a crybaby faggot by all these different people should ring a bell to you