Dark angels

Ive been a fan of warhammer for years, ive read horus heresy books, played the dawn of war games and space marine and deathwing. But! Im going to get into the actual board games, the army im choosing to build and paint is dark angels, What all do i need to play a game against someone else at a games workshop shop? Money isnt an issue. Pretty much everything i need to play a match weather its by myself but someone else

Bump

Are you doing 40k or HH Dark Angels?

40k theres hardly any models or fluff on horus heresy

bump

bump for advice and help

bump

bump

Depends on the points value you play at. I'd suggest starting at 500pts. With dark angels you can go Ravenwing with lots of bikes, Deathwing with lots of terminators, Greenwing with lots of tactical marines in Rhinos, or a mix of them all. Decide on what you want to do, then get an HQ model and two troops choices. You'll also need dice, measuring tape, a codex and the rule book.

is there codexs and dice i need to buy? im just looking a list of stuff to buy to play a few games

bump

GW has just released some new Armoured Assault boxes for Dark Angels. You can get a tactical squad, a rhino and the DA upgrade sprue for 55$. Great savings. The standard advice for starting an army is 2 troops, transports for them and an HQ. So get 2 of these and either an Interrogator Chaplain or a librarian of some sort. Maybe even a special character. After that I suggest Devestators for anti-tanks and then bikes or terminators. Up to you what you like.

but what books and dice do i need to play a game?

bump for help lol

bump

The Dark Angels codex has the rules and points values for your units, so you want that one.
Someone at the store might have the big rulebook, but otherwise you might want to get one of the smaller ones.

Any dice are fine. You'll want to pick up a scatter dice as well, if you're using plasma cannons for example.

Dark Angels are my shit.

Go Ravenwing until ~1500 then you can toss in 500pts of Deathwing or Greenwing to fluff it up and tone it down.

You need a rule book, the dark angels codex, the models you want and whatever paints (and other hobby supplies) you need for your scheme.

Also should get dice, tactical objectives and a shit load of time.

You could start with a small 500pt force of Dark Angel's greenwing to learn with then tac on the Ravenwing as you get better as the bikers are expensive pointswise and will leave you with less bodies than most on the field.

>01
im going to paint them models i ordered then im going to go to Victoria square belfast shoping centre games workshop and pick up the rest i need and maybye play a few games if anyones willing, How much chash should i bring to buy what i need, so far i have dark angels hero and 2 tactial squads and a rhino

cash^ not chash

GW website has the price for all the kits. Another 25-50$ for paints since you'll need quite a few. Also buy a wash that goes with your main color, makes the model look so much better. GW charges about 10$ a brush.

thanks matey il look that up now, btw can i turn up at a games workshop and play a few games or do i need to book or something? ive only ever been once and was to buy a book and saw people playing

bumporini

You need to bring all the stuff you need to play (including your rulebook) and all the models should be What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). This isn't true for all stores (varies by manager) but this is the strictest they should be.

They should help you out if you tell them you are new. A lot of stores have rulebooks there that you can use so you don't have to bring your own. It all depends on the store.

Thanks mate il see on tuesday