Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Let's talk drinking! Does your character drink alcohol? When, how often, and how much? What rules does your GM use for drunkenness? Is your character a teetotaller?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/adaptive
d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486723/cerilas-app
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that the easiest way to tell if a player is shit is by asking them what they order at the tavern.

>Good players order small beer or cider
>Average players order ale
>Shit players order water, juice or milk

This.

Mostly because it's the worst kind of entry level moralfags that do the "I'm gonna order milk" things

What about if they order SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! EVERYBOOODYYYYY

Friendly reminder that the easiest way to tell if a player is shit is when he tries to judge the value of a player by what their character orders in a bar.

What's wrong with juice?

RotR does drink, a lot. Numbs the idea of dying and leaving his family without a father. Mostly out of selfish fear of his wife charging into the after life to kill him twice.

IG yes, but only when stressed or when the other bard in the group turns her drinking water into wine between gulps.

MOLEST.

Nothing; now finish your juice so we can go on our 'adventure'.

One of my characters drinks water because she knows she already says enough stupid things when she's not drunk.
The other character drinks hippocras because he's a quack doctor and thinks it's medicinal.

So pfg, can someone sell me on Spheres of Power?
Other than destruction being real good at nuking, I'm not seeing the fuss, really.

Weather seems like it could fuck a campaign by destroying vast swathes of landscape but lacks any utility beyond that, Telekinesis seems to mostly be turning yourself into a sub-par fighter but using your sword at range, Nature seems really situational and just not very good even when it works.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Alright, so I am trying to make a dual musket wielding gun-girl. Best I can figure is I can go Warlord, and with Dual Stance I can go Twin Thunder Stance (since guns can do piercing), and generally Phantom Sun stance from Solar Wind (or any other stance that suits my fancy). Since I want to go 1-20 Warlord, are there any ways to really improve my gun damage since I don't know of any way to get ability scores to damage otherwise? I was thinking gestalt but my GM's never run gestalt games.

Sidenote this isn't a build for hyper optimization. I'm just trying to make something fun, but at least functional since my groups aren't very hard on optimizing for our campaigns.

Haste at first level.
Permanent invisibility.
*teleports behind u*

But what you're really missing is that it's not supposed to be comparable to Vancian casting, it's supposed to encourage more interesting casters than 'Wizard with Grease/Web/Create Pit/Haste."

>not ordering the milk straight from the serving girl's own 'taps'

Medieval taverns won't have "juice."

Water was something you either purified with beer, got from a well or found a reliable stream.

Milk spoiled really quickly due to pasteurization not being a thing, you'd only get good milk fresh from the cow.

In contrast, every bar had mild beers (small beers) and cider.

But user! We're not playing in medieval settings! We're in fantasy settings!

>Serving girl
>Not the motherly Sorceress

Shit taste desu senpai

Fantasy, medieval, it's all the same thing when you get down to something as basic as "what they serve at the bar!"

Conjuration is broken in so many ways.

Purify Food and Drink is an Orison. Anyone with a level in a divine spellcasting class can cast it infinitely.

Oh sure, and you're going to tell me every tavern owner will have a mage on-hand to cast purify on every order that comes along!

Ooh, and while we're at it, why don't they set up magical food production "traps?" Why do people still mine for ore when spells that produce iron and gold exist?

Is there sci fi third party supplements for Pathfinder?

It's even on the (very small) Adept spell list.

Also I just noticed, Adepts get shit like Baleful Polymorph and Heal eventually. I mean they gotta get to level 17, but, it is eventually.

Also huh. Adepts actually have Heal discounted spell level wise. It's a 5th for them

There might be a couple of them in the troves, I havn't decided which one would work the best for a psudeomodern kitchen sink world though. I might have to try another system instead.

Well, those starting three aren't exactly game changers, especially for the latter 2, since they're possible without Spherecasting, but you say I'm not meant to compare Vancian to it.

And whilst they might be more interesting, you still have to do things worth being interesting.

Take Telekinesis, for example. As for as I can tell, you can spend a big helping of talents to finally be able to use your sword as well as you could if you were actually holding it, but now you've put a massive investment in basically being a level 1 fighter except with a little more range.
Now, the idea of a TK fighter is actually pretty neat, and I was looking forward to it, but it's hard to stay excited about being a telekinetic swordmaster when that 'master' part isn't really true.

Geomancy has some super cool ideas in it like manipulating flame sizes and shapes and creating fog clouds and so on, but they're just too situational a lot of the time. Being able to encase people in ice by freezing the water on them is cool, no pun intended, but unless your at the beach your going to have to dip into the weather domain, make it rain first then freeze them later, and if you're inside you're basically buggered. Things like chill/heat metal are one of the less situational ones, but it still only amounts to a paltry amount of damage, so the cool idea falls flat of actually being cool by lack of results.

And so on. or maybe i'm just too much of a filthy min-maxer, it's entirely possible

It purifies 8 gallons/level. Even at first level you can purify 80 gallons a minute.

Create Food and Water is a 3rd level spell, which means you need to be 5th level to cast it.
The spells that produce raw materials normally cost money, and are still limited casting per day.

Question on permanency spell, particularly with detect magic, or rather any concentration spell.

Does this mean that by concentrating, you get the effect or is it proper permanent?

What are some good rage powers for a 2-level Barbarian dip? Was thinking maybe Superstition and Savage Intuition. Nearly considered Lesser Spirit Totem but my Charisma's shit. Considering I'm dipping Armored Hulk I may want to go with Swift Foot so I'm back at a 30ft land speed, but at the same time I don't know how important that extra 5 feet would be. Granted I guess I could take Fiend Totem for a gore attack (which would be better than the claws since my hands are busy two-handing), though that -5 is probably going to hurt for a few levels.

Superstition. If you decide to go for a second, Witch Hunter.

Anyone else lose their hype for fluffy2 ever since kon kon posted those slots and brought out the full force of autism?

I definitely see Witch Hunter's handiness increasing as I level further, so eventually that +1 to damage is going to be guaranteed. At the same time, since I'm going to be focusing on Strength anyhow, I'd think that -5 to hit with Fiend Totem's gore attack will be negligible, and that'll deal more damage (granted only if I hit).

What slots? Time slots?

It just goes to show he wants cute over substance, I give it three months before it dies.

I think well water can produce more at a time?

Someone who orders water at a tavern is a coward and limp-wristed noodle. If you ordered water in a session I was in I would mock you (in-character) for it.

He wants a trap, three cute girls of varying breast size, and SUPPOSEDLY a "non-trap man."

But we both know /pfg/ is terrible at making those so his options are, regrettably, limited.

no, I really have no issue with the cuteness, it's the other players being desperate that's bothering me

1 trap
1 titty monster
1 cutie flat chest
1 flex spot

>it's the other players being desperate that's bothering me

What did you expect? He made a cutsey-poo anime game styled after the most vapid of ecchi harem comedies, and is now reaping the bitter harvest he planted.

If he expected something else than he's an idiot or a fool.

I expected the faggotry to occur after the selection process...

You must never have GM'd a Roll20 or any other Internet game.
The selected players are the ones who don't spill spaghetti all over their hugbox in something as simple as an introductory mail. They're surprisingly rare.

I would accept a Trigun reference.

I've never really put up a LFG, no

c'est la vie

>it's the other players being desperate that's bothering me
What, making their characters to fill up the appropriate slots? I don't think anyone changed their apps to fit. Are you talking about the two apps for MANLINESS that turned up after kon kon posted the party dynamic slots?

>not ordering water and mushy peas
Enjoy your sinful sauce buddy!

they're basically in a knife fight to make their backstories better than each others because they're all fighting for slots 2 and 3

Interestingly enough there's still no competition on the trap front

Is she trying to hide a huge boner?

god I hope so, a 14" dick would make that pic perfect

>Are you talking about the two apps for MANLINESS that turned up after kon kon posted the party dynamic slots?

What, one that's named "Absalom" and is a guy that traveled around LITERALLY Eberron, or the guy who seems to be nothing but what "dad" did?

Both of the backstories suck, and the only sign of "manliness" at all is the character art. Which is an exceptionally shitty and shallow way to portray a "manly" character.

Nah, she's just being demure and hiding any chance of seeing bare thigh or panties.

I'd rather see a 14 inch dick *in* her, thick chicks taking big dicks is the best.

Is there any way to get Strength to ranged attacks, either 1p or DSP?

Please respond.

why not both?

not talking about the new submissions. I'm talking about the discussion thread

I stopped reading the page a while ago.

I always interpreted it as being just like the spell but with an unlimited duration, which means you have to concentrate and typically have to give it 3 rounds for it to go into effect.

Adaptive composite longbow

>d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/adaptive

Thrown weapons also get a strength bonus to damage.

>d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons

>Thrown Weapons: The wielder applies his Strength modifier to damage dealt by thrown weapons (except for splash weapons).

Because I'm not a closet homosexual and don't find chicks with dicks remotely attractive.

But user! My character can't order alcohol if she's heavily pregnant with twins

Well, it has a strict list as to What can be made permanent.
Anything beyond that is up to the gm.

And no. It is constantly active with no need to concentrate.

>they're basically in a knife fight to make their backstories better than each others because they're all fighting for slots 2 and 3
You mean, we're NOT supposed to engage in subtle shows of dominance to demonstrate superiority while at the same time showing we can work together with others to make enjoyable stories/denigrating other characters (but not to the point of antagonising them if they do get in)?

I mean, wasn't that the point?

>Interestingly enough there's still no competition on the trap front
Trap OR shota slot. Bunny, sheep and horse dude would probably count.

One 4.6% ABV is not going to make your kids retarded!

Why is a heavily pregnant woman out on adventure?

Sure, you can haul well water. Or you can pay an adept to spend five minutes casting a few spells and be set for a week.

It's fine if your character believes that. If you berated my character for drinking water they'd just ignore you.

Caster with overland flight.

Rate my Merfolk, /pfg/!

Do you even lamashtu?

That sounds unwieldy.

That sounds lewd.

Pfft, anybody can order alcohol. It takes serious balls to walk into a bar full of guys wearing war paint and order water.

Sounds like your character would be right at home in a Hell's Rebels campaign, senpai.

We can hardly even see her tail-how are we supposed to know if she's taking proper care of herself?

2/10, apply yourself.

They're talking about a hell's vengeance application.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486723/cerilas-app

I-I'm sorry, user!

Here you go!

>It takes serious balls to walk into a bar full of guys wearing war paint and order water.

Last time I saw a guy walk into a bar and show off his "serious balls" by ordering water, it was some broody Ranger with one of those anime avatars that tried to show off how serious and mature he was.

Alcohol is a social lubricant, and intentionally avoiding it with the party when you have no reason to is a sign you don't want to lubricate with the party.

TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

They don't like getting drunk?
They just don't drink?

always lubricate with the party.

You don't want to be the one guy who isnt oiled up.

Yo, how does gestalt spherecasting work?

Do I take the highest CL like Meyers said in GiantITP?

How about talents and spell points?

wizards can cast heal with limited wish, at similar cost to a scroll of heal. Why aren't your wizards being clerics user?

Or it's a sign of your character having taken some kind of religious vow. Pretty common for monks, clerics, paladins, etc.

>They don't like getting drunk?

There is a world of difference between a light buzz from one or two beers, and getting drunk.

>They just don't drink?

What, because they "don't like the taste?" You're not supposed to like the taste - at least not at first.

Yep. Back in 3.5, where they also could get a domain for literally no cost, the Adept could actually function pretty well as a Tier 4 Divine Caster; you got the spells you needed from a Cleric, the occasional Wizard spell (Lightning Bolt comes to mind), and it got you access to the amazing Hexer and Sovereign Speaker PrCs.

Because scrollcrafting is cancer.

It's not a chick if it's got a dick.
There's basically nothing that will make you less a chick than having a dick.
One might even say the dick makes the man.

You go with the highest CL.

Talents/SP are limited to the class that provided them.

This is typically the part where you get swamped by people who insist they're straight as an arrow, they just like huge throbbing cocks prominently leaking precum on their women.

Since we're in a lull anyways, let's talk about Dragon Game for a moment

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

And you know what, forget the backstories for now.

Which of the apps so far is the mechanically strongest?
Most mechanically interesting to have in a fight?
Why are there so many kineticists?

>Lamashtu
>Giving birth to twisted mutations of the things you're supposed to kill for money instead of children of your own or a closely related species
Go and stay go.

>dick makes the man

Oh user, I'm sorry you were born with a micropenis.

Probably.
Here's an image then for them. One of these brides is not like the others, one of these brides is not the same.

>why are there so many kineticists

Because people like making moderately shitty things work, I think!

Look up how it works for demons with constant detect magic.

>didn't get the pun

It's the least lewd one.

Obviously.

... There aren't?
There's two; and I only know there's two because I recognize Onslaught Sniper, else one might think there's only one.

There's an Avowed which can be thought of as a "similar" alternative, and an atomic adept in the same boat as well, but that's it.

Comparatively, there's three Scaled-Fist monks and three Fighters

>DHB playing a creepy tattooed pale fat man
>Lewd?
>No

AHA! It was a trick question!
One of the girls is the guy's sister, and none of them are guys!

I loooove it when my GM is responsive and active, answering questions and letting minor things like mild homebrew fixes go through!

Anyone got good-guy-GM stories?

>mfw Rise of the Jade Regent was hugely popular months ago
>mfw it's about to accept applicants
>mfw everybody's moved on, nobody cares

Keke.

>being on Veeky Forums and wanting chicks with dicks
>there are people who do this and insist they're straight and not a nebulous "pretty fucked up"

That level of denial is best reserved for dealing with normies, not for anonymously discussing the merits of what genitals you like on your 2-D "girl".

People were told to move their conversations elsewhere, so they did.

Hell's Vengeance is the new sauce kiddo.

No I'm not the GM trying to advertise his own game, how insulting!
TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

It's not that we don't care, it's just that it's safer and healthier to assume we're not getting in.

Where, to the IRC?