Warhammer 40k General

user builds great boards - edition

>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Ammo/chainsaw-bayonets
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
1d4chan.org/images/d/da/61506986-Emperor-Battle-Titan-Datasheet-page-001.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xth for Necrons are a best

Blood for the Blood God!

Nth for Macklemore reborn as a LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHT.

Sooo~ fuzzy :333

>Orks are a melee race
>I2

BROTHER SHALL WE GO SHOPPING FOR CHEAP CLOTHES

>Tau are a shooting race
>BS 3

If wanted to make an undivided chaos chapter what would be the best rules set to use for them? Crimson slaughter?

#
Might pick up Cawl tomorrow, going in to the GW. If hes not sold out, of course.

I plan on the Knight Warden so I can benefit from Cawl's BS buffs as well as smack stuff with S:D. The local Tau player is prone to overhyping his Stormsurge, and the only time I fought him was when I was an even more massive newb (~4 games under my belt, if that) and REALLY couldn't deal with Stormsurge+ Riptide at 1200. Now I have Sicarians and Dragoons, I plan to target his Drone Net first since I didn't know how to do that. I have the feeling he's not actually very good, he just stood there, shot and jumped out of Grav LoS.

Word Bearers if you like to summon

CSM base, Black Legion, or Word Bearers

>marines are a fighting army
>ws4

Yes but they can boost their BS

> Khorne Berserkers are a melee unit
> a1

Are renegades and heretics still good?
I'm planning on running a R&H army allied with chaos space marines, taking a chaos lord and noise marines, and having a tank-heavy R&H list with a baneblade and a shit ton of rusty lemons.

A plasma cannon, plasma gun, two TL heavy bolters and two missile launchers is a lot of guns.

Too bad it can only fire two of them at once without snap-firing!

:(

They are still cheap meat, steel and artillery.

What if... Orks a WAAGH lights that could boost their initiative?

They aren't. They're jack of all trades / generalists

>It's why they're mediocre at everything and only saved from being trash tier by an op gun family and formations out the ass

> CRISIS SUITS ARE BETTER THAN NOBZ IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY
> 22 ppm
> 3+
> RELENTLESS
> BS3
> Ld9
> A2
> 3 melee options
> I2

Odd question but does anyone happen to know if there are enough chainswords and CCWs in the Tac marine box to kit out the whole squad?
t. prospective Carcharodons player

Nobs have 3A

I went into GW today specifically to get the manager to keep a copy of FoC and the Triumvirate behind the counter for me.

Is there more of theses?

>Orks have infinite numbers!
>No respawning troops formation

>But imperium gets one :^)

Good.
Is it shitty of me to convert a command squad from IG, and use chaos cultists as infantry since it's leagues cheaper?

Not even close.

gotcha, was biting the bait part of your plan?

Two more

The close combat ability is why I enjoy the Morkanaut personally.

That and the KFF umbrella.

Though really I'd like to know the rationale behind it's design and point cost.

Also, are any of the Orkanauts even used in the studio battlereports featured in White Dwarf?

I only ever recall two instances, one of which was seven Imperial Knights against one Morkanaut, two Gorkanauts, one Stompa, five Killa Kans and three Deff Dreads.

>NOT LISTING THE BEST THING ABOUT CRISIS SUITS. THEIR MOTHERFLAPPING JETPACK MOVE. YOU MOVE 6" SHOOT YOUR LOAD AND THEN JUMP OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND. LEAVING YOUR ENEMIES REELING AND UNABLE TO RETALIATE. RINSE AND REPEAT

It only comes with ONE chainsword

Buying bolter chainsaw bayonets from Anvil Industries is your best option. Yes, these fit on bolters. Yes they fit over the marine's hand, OR under, depending on how you model them.

anvilindustry.co.uk/The-Armoury/Ammo/chainsaw-bayonets

Stormsurge @ 1200pts? Pretty dick move.

cats for the kitty god

Nice recast

Accurate in-game recording of a guardsman beating an Ork boy in combat

Didn't have the opportunity to do that, it's a while away by car. Only really want the Triumvirate, since there's literally nothing in there besides Cawl I want. If Geedubs want my money they'll have to make a book with more than two helpful pages in it ;)

nobz are A3 and I3 but aren't crysis suits S5?

What the fuck are orks even supposed to do against things like screamer star or stormsurges? Its like a completely different game.

Well damn. The bayonets don't look half bad though. I'll see if I can find a CSM player to donate some knives to me, otherwise I'll give Anvil a shot, thanks a bunch!

Cheat.

No one plays Orks so it's pretty easy to lie about the points costs of things.

Just represent your Ork Nobz using Codex: Tau Empire. The rules for Crisis Suits are better for representing the awesome melee power of Nobz, since your guys should totally be able to leap around the battlefield like a motherfucker. Plus having 3+ armour is really nice.

>screamer star
Check what year it is, because Screamer Star hasn't been a threat in years

Nope.
Depends on how you use the units though.
For the bs 2 millitia/rabble they are fine.
I'd say if you buy armour and BS upgrades you should use more soldierly types.

Use space 0din's dex.
They're infantry, why would I bother with BS and armor upgrades when I could spend that on getting a shit ton more heretics?

Yeah, I didn't know that at the time and I didn't know how to deal with it. I should have closed in, got mixed up in the terrain and shot down the marker drones. Instead I sat around taking potshots and died.

I did at least manage to kill the Riptide. Now I have actual fast melee units and psykers from the Inquisition, so I might bring Coteaz.

I sometimes bring almost 25% more points than I should to a game with my orks. I even win like that sometimes if the army im fighting is pretty casual

But nobs can buy bikes.
Totally worth over twice the price for... 4+ and a... burst cannon.

>stormsurges

Bikers and Mek Gunz maybe?

I think the Stormsurge can also be tank shocked off the board, but I don't think most people bother with the Anchors.

I SHALL POP SOME TAGS, I ONLY HAVE TWENTY THRONES IN MY POSSESSION

have you been living under a rock? Screamer star is back and better than ever

If the fuckers release Exodite Eldars before updating their model range I'm going to be rather upset

They are still selling 2ed edition for fuck sake. Some armies still do not have basic troops in plastic, other have a decade old plastic kits.

It is nice and all but for bloody sake update your shit. If you are selling old as fuck models at least make sell them cheaper

Come back when Nobz can shoot and then immediately do sick wheelies over all terrain.

Give yourself a 25% points handicap. If your opponent is taking a 2k list, you bring a 2.5k list. He won't even notice because your codex sucks that badly that he can and probably will table you regardless.

Alternatively....
> Space 0Din's glorious work

Just use this. You might actually do kinda okay since your army gets buffed up enough to actually pose a credible threat. Make Nobz in a 'Naut put the FEAR OF GOD into large expensive units.

You know, aside from the fact that Orks are way too strong for this to work, that IS a proper CQC drill.

Why do people bitch about Orks being bad? Of course they suck, they're supposed to be the weakest race in the setting.

If they never win in the fluff why should they win in the game?

>Fan codex

Im sure this will go over well at the GW I play at

New to tabletop wanna play orks what sets should i start with

>I was right and it was a gyrinx
cool

They're weedy boyz. Barely more than oversized grotz

The geedubs I go to gives precisely zero fucks. Our manager even hands out a binder with the space 0din dex to any ork player that asks for it.

4 boxes of bikers

thats a great way to sell models. Just make an army suck because thats how it should be :>)

an ork boy is S3, the same as a trained adult human.

That's one unit.

>Orks are way too strong for this to work
>S3
LOL

Boarboyz
>Snakebite Clan best clan

4 more boxes of bikers

Huh, thought they was S4. Wierd.

Welcome to Orks

It's okay! Because when they lose a morale check, they get really fired up, and attack their own unit at Strength 4. ^_^

Why would they be strength 4? thats the same as genetically engineered fighting machines

They should be.

They're described as being in the lore.

But they aren't on the table.

Nevermind the fact they're hulking monsters of sinew.

>they get really fired up
I still remember that fucking FAQ

Is the joke that orks are also genetically engineered fighting machines?

Y, the joke is Orks

That makes for 2 units and a biker hq or two

Yes, yes it was user.

I'm going to be building an Emperor class titan in a month or so, mostly to wave muh dick at the local club and watch everything it points at die. What are the best weapon choices for them? All the choices are so absurd I can't decide what is best.

Pic related, it will be a similar size to this, probably a bit bigger, with the whole cathedral of guns thing on its back.

Now get 4boxes of boyz

So i was watching duncan paint saint celestine and every time he touched the doves and they started to move i cringed a bit thinking they were about to snap off.

There are no rules for Imperators. Is it the Warlord you're looking for?

Give it like 300 lasguns on each arm. AND AFIX BAYONETS ON EACH.

Magnets. Anything bigger than a Chimera you magnetize. Don't choose.

Bigger than a terminator.

>600 s3 shots
You REALLY dont like Orks?

I don't really want to make more arms than I have to but yeah you are probably right.

1d4chan.org/images/d/da/61506986-Emperor-Battle-Titan-Datasheet-page-001.jpg

As far as I know these are still valid unless someone knows otherwise?

Thats why plastic is superior to resin or metal.
They'd snap, sag or deform before the primer dried.

Kek wrong one, I was trying to reply to

Bigger than a Power Armoured Space Marine

>36 hull points

A Warlord is 30, that's pitifully out of date and because of this, Haywire can still fuck it up.

Break the wrist, walk away

>He doesn't magnetise his grots

Fucking plebs the lot of you.

>Implying anything would get close enough to that monster to be able to stick a grenade on it

Multiply Structure Points by 3 to get Hull Points.

Also it kinda sucks right now since it only has 36 hull points, and all of it's weapons are from like 3rd edition. It's vastly outgunned by a 2500 point Warlord Titan that has more armour. It also doesn't have the same 'mega superheavy' rules that the other titans get in their Horus Heresy 5 entry. So you're better off grabbing that book so you can use the most up-to-date rules for a Warlord.

>not magnetising the paint so you can change it
ISHYGDDT

Would the best possible way of action for humanity be to join the Tau Empire? Assuming everyone agreed of course. As it is now, that would be too unstable since literally millenia of indoctorination just cannot be undone like that right?