Why isn't this a boxed game from GW?

Why isn't this a boxed game from GW?
>could make the setting one of the many new cities in the mortal realms
>sudden horde shows up under a new Verminide
>players can choose between five different characters, Witch Hunter, Dwarf Ranger, Freeguild Soldier, Bright Wizard, Waywatcher
>comes with updated Skaven models like Ratling Gunners, Gutter Runners, Packmasters, all models that need actual updates
>city and dungeon tiles to simulate campaigns

It would be FUCKING PERFECT

I just want a Victor Saltspyre Mini honestly

Because
>AOS
Remember, regular people don't matter anymore

But that's what I'm saying, you could easily adapt it for AoS

I wish they went ahead with the possible ideas for DLC characters they had, like a captured Night Goblin and a questing Bretonnian knight who happened to be in town at the time.

Would kind of be the fantasy equivalent of Space Hulk

Night Goblin no
Bretonnian Knight is okay but what makes him different from Kruber and what fills up his Ranged slot considering Bretonnian nobles loath dishornable ranged weapons.

Its the same issue as the Slayer or War Priest, how are they different from Bardin and Saltzpyre and what are their ranged weapons.

Maybe make the knight more solid, since he's armored. He's much harder to stagger or knock down, so like the rat ogre can damage him but not put him on his ass.

Or maybe if he puts his big shield up, and faces a direction while stationary, he's impassable and won't take damage specifically from that direction, or anyone right behind him.

Ranged weapon I'm not sure, maybe he's got a small few throwing axes? Very low in ammo, like maybe 10, but he can pick them up from where thrown.

New unique (playstyle-wise) character?
Empire Engineer that can deploy turrets.
Wood Elf bladedancer - extremely mobile, can do acrobatic jumps and dash through the enemies, but very frail.

Maybe a hunting falcon? Very, very weak damage output but infinite?

That's a neat idea yeah.

Another one, a blast of holy light from sword or shield. Same thing, very little damage, but maybe stuns or staggers the enemy hit. Doesn't work on special enemies of course.

Necromancer - Raises dead skaven as zombies to fight (read: soak hits) for you, or the skeletons scattered around the maps for slightly better cohorts. Rape train in Drachenfels.

It doesn't make much sense strictly speakin, given saltzpyres likely reaction to a necromancer but the dialogue possiblilties between the necromancer and other party members would be awesome.

Maybe them not killing him outright could be explained away at him only raising with the Skaven.

I dunno I kinda wish Vermintide had a Vs.mode

Thats what made Left 4 dead so memorable they also had Special skaven so it could have worked.

If they ever make a 40k version I hope they incorporate it without the loot system

>no goblins

fuck you.

Imagine the dialogue between gobbo and Bardin.

>Can't believe I'm working alongside grobi filth...
>'ey stunty? 'Ow'z Karak Eight Peaks lookin' dese dayz? *loud cackling*
>The grobi filth is injured? Quick, somebody hand me my rifle and I'll put 'im out of 'is misery.

And so on.

This sounds like a Skaven themed Silver Tower. Which isn't unreasonable. They have said that there are plans to expand Warhammer Quest.

>Necromancer
Better yet - Vampire.

I really wish they had a vampire/bat/whatever boss in the vampire dlc, and maybe a goblin special unit in the dwarf one?

Really though another character or two would be amazing. I'd like some sort of grenadier who could sub out the witch if you like. Maybe someone with a reach weapon on melee (polearm etc)

There are dozens of common fantasy weapons that aren't represented, I'm sure they could come up with something. Not to mention magic.

yesss.

there's a lot of bad-wrong fun in this thread tho.

>Vampire DLC
>young Vampire that still upholds human values as playable character - can restore health from some Skaven, can reanimate couple Zombies, must avoid fire at all costs
>old deranged / monstrous Vampire as an antagonist

no lie dude if instead of a rat ogre in that big dark room there was a flying special bat unit or w.e that would have been so fucking cool...

agreed, gobbos shouldn't join

The scottish elf was at once both the best and worst character in the game.

GW would fuck it up is why.

I'd do lewd things to the kerillian desu

Knight has multiple melee weapons and no ranged.

Pro: adaptable in melee
Con: obvious

Also, make him a Kerillian-tier shit talker, since he's French and you're supposed to hate the French.

Versus is what ruined L4D.

This desu. Replace Skaven with skeletons, skaven slaves with zombies (slower but more durable), Stormvermin with Grave Guard, Rat Ogre with Crypt Horror, with new specials, and a vampire boss at the end of the missions.

Can you imagine Saltzpyre!?

>I wonder if they'll still let me be a Witch Hunter after this.

If the vampire is a woman, he'll be pulling his hair out.

Sienna intimates that Salty is uncomfortable around women.

I wonder if there's a good way to emulate the fun of your elf shooting you in the back with their poison bow as a tabletop experience

I really just wish/hope that they finish with the what the game was perfectly set up to do and which the ending cinematic or whatever seemed to hint towards. Either a series of games or simply expansions which take you through the whole gamut of End Times Are Shitty For Everyone.

>Skaven to start
>Undead next, with zombies and skellingtons and ghouls and vampires and the like as the dead rise up in the wake of the skaven assault. Far slower than skaven but just as numerous and a little more durable. Just imagine fighting against a Black Coach.
>Chaos finale, with a great deal of options ranging from focusing on mutants, cultists, and warriors of Chaos as well as all the various daemons. Likely as slow as the undead but less numerous than them and skaven, instead much more durable to take down.
And if you really want Beastmen or Greenskins, also possible.

Elves are made to be bantz'd.

>Bretonnians
>are French
have I been lied to all this time?
am I just retarded?

The bretonnia is a Britain/France mix.
The Empire is a Britain/Germany mix.

thanks for the explanation, not sure why I didn't find that earlier

Not to mention that a vampire was involved in him losing his eye.

pretty sure that's the direction they're going with the game, but I could be wrong. Have been wrong before.

I'm just having a lot of doubt that they ever go anywhere with it. I loved the game, but I find very little to see that Fatshark are doing much of anything with the game. All we've really gotten is Survival mode and a babby update in the form of a micro-transaction.

A Breton Knight might be an option..

More interesting would be a vampire.

Or another Wizard.

Or a dark elf merc with auto-crossbowa.

Or a Kislev Trapper.

Halfling Chef

Its not impossible to add new characters.

More reasonable would be new enemies. Undead. Greenskins.

How about a "Evil" version of the Team?

A Chaos Sorcerer instead of the bright wizard.

A Norse Warrior , or even a mercenary black orc instead of the Soldier.

Not sure about Saltpyre. Maybe a Undead Pirate? A DElf Corsair?

I mean. Everyone hates the rats.

>Rat Catcher not one of your suggestions
Opinion discarded.

You could fit a Tomb Prince in fairly easily either as one of the anti-heroes or heroes.
>Sleeping in your Tomb, enjoying some nice dreams of a body made of gold
>Wait a minute, this isn't your Tomb
>Some fuck managed to drag your sorry ass to an Imperial City's museum
>And now there's rats. Lots, and lots, of rats

Presumably their weapon set would be either sword and board or a glaive of some sort (if a glaive higher damage per strike than many prior options but slower attack speed), with ranged weaponry either a bow or javelins.

I discussed the idea of Chad Von Steincar with my friends, a Normal Civilian dressed in peasant clothes with fair complexion and a set of fine swords that are definitely not of vampire aesthetic (and are certainly do not whisper hungrily) and no he does not feed on skaven in the midst of combat he just gets "swept up in the flow of glorious battle... for Sigmar"

Am I the only one who want to see a dwarf engineer or a slayer added to the game ?

The one good suggestion I saw that would fit in very well was a High Elf Sea Guard - they're on the same kind of power level as the other characters, has good synergy, can show off all the different High Elf weapons, and has some kind of excuse for being off Not-Atlantis. Its not the most exciting option, but it'd fit the best with the current set up while still having a new race.

They could also throw in a character with a more distinct playstyle, like an Orc/Slayer/Vamp that has some kind of berserk meter that lets them hit faster the more they hit and gain some super armor, but if they take damage it drops off back to nothing. Glass cannon style of play would be interesting. Another magic user from a different lore would be cool: some school that uses something other than direct damage would be a change of pace.

I'd really like playable skaven, either in a versus capacity, or a character. It's extremely unlikely for very obvious reasons, although you could wrangle in a funhaver lore justification if you work really hard (clan mange warrior that got ripped off and wants revenge at got hired by the barkeep out of desperation/pragmatism, some sorcerer pretending to be brain damaged that the heroes use due to his knowledge/power that is trying to avert his own fated death during end times). Its blasphemy to canon and will never happen, but I'd want it because I'd like it a lot :V

for real, tho, five characters is really probably enough. they do enough voice work thatd it be expensive to throw them in anyways, id imagine, and adding new weapons can vary playstyle enough.

Slayer

High HP, decent defense, no ranged weapon. Huge melee damage

Once he gets close enough to an enemy, he can't move away from that enemy, but that enemy can't get away from him either. So he's incredible at pinning down groups, but he's got the very real issue of getting swarmed or ending up stuck in melee with a rat ogre.

I would love a black orc, the shit talking would be amazing.

>no ranged weapon
Throw one of the axes and it sticks out of the mob until you get it out. High damage but only one shot until you get it back and you lose one of your melee weapons.

Nah, throw both of the axes - you gain 75% attack speed but lose 25% damage per axe thrown, and can either retrieve them or, if you have shit aim, pick up some with ammo packs.

if you throw both, you start throwing punches at 50% damage but 150% attack speed.