Age of Sigmar General ! /aosg/

Stupid sexy Nurgle Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5nWv_WcpUZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I properly run 1000 pts Ironjawz?

I want new armies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dwarfs are coming user, their start collecting is near

Soulblight supplement when?

I want to run a Bloodletter heavy army.

What are some good ways to buff those little fucks?

This, if you're gonna kill a game to replace it with a new one, let's see some new shit to go with it, a new faction that we haven't seen before. On that note, what brand new faction could gw introduce? They've legit covered almost all the bases for a fantasy world. Off the top of my head I'd say an Asian faction would be cool, or perhaps something Indian style with war elephants and shit

I think it'd be tits if they made a lovecraftian outer realm faction. Like void beasts that have no souls and nothing for chaos to prey on so they terrify everything. They focus on horror and reducing bravery and getting rid of battleshock immunities or buffs.

I want fantasy counterpart for Tyranids

Where wolves?

Why not all three? :^]

>no new factions
>Stormcast, Bloodbound, Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, soon Arcanites
Uh-huh.

Chaos has dibs on the incomprehensible horror thing already.

>Soulblight Battletome
>Slaanesh Battletome
>Aelves Battletome
>Undead Battletome
4 easy releases and there's still nothing

Oh come off it, we've had plenty new factions since AoS has come out.

>how about some Asian or Indian stuff
How about no real-world bullshit? Could we do that instead?

Feral humans, who worship Gorkamorka
This is just an excuse to bring back Amazons tbqh, Destruction needs some waifus

>undead battletome
It's called the Grand Alliance: Death. It exists and is the best you'll see for a while, I'd wager.
>soulblight battletome
They got a few choices, so maybe, but their shit is mostly finecast, so I doubt it.
>Slaanesh battletome
Not before the Slaanesh storyline is resolved. Also, they need a overhaul like Tzeentch got, so it'd be a major release.
>Aelves Battletome
Supposedly inbound.

Aren't Ironjawz just Black Orcs?

Fantasy Diggas? Yes please

Chaos is more 'devil's temptation' than 'incomprehensible horror' though.

in World of Warcraft where you and they belong.

What? It's both.

rate my list Veeky Forums? Be gentle I am but a tender spring flower.

Leaders
Daemon Prince (160)
- Flying with Axe
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Pyre Rune Staff
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Chaos Lord On Manticore (300)
- General
- Blade & Lance
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Curseling Lord of Tzeentch (140)
- Artefact: Beguiling Gem

Units
Infernal Guard Fireglaives x 20 (200)
- Battleline (Legion of Azgorh)
Chaos Warriors x 20 (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Battleline
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Halberd & Shield
- Battleline
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Halberd & Shield
- Battleline

War Machines
Deathshrieker (120)
Deathshrieker (120)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 2000/2000

Here's what I recently ran.
Stacking the Destruction trait and Ironfist allows for intense mobility and should allow you to pick your battles at leisure.

>Supposedly inbound
stop playing with my emotions

now give me all the details or ill kill you in your sleep

Nah, 'ard boys use the same modelsas black orcs did, but the rest of the line and the background is entirely different.

Here are the details we know:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ They come after dwarves and likely before Slaanesh. That's all we have. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fantasy Diggas wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as 40k Diggas because Orcs aren't anywhere near as fun as Orks.

Are Brutes must have for Ironjawz?

Well, what else are you going to take? Gore-gruntas?
Yeah, I thought not. It's down to Brutes or 'Ard Boys, and both have their niches.

iron fists and megafists

It might be a stupid question but why buying warchanter and gore-gruntas separately if buying a SC! box would be cheaper?

you should REALLY look at this thread ;)

user did you win a lottery, because holy shit.
how much did that cost

It was before SC Ironjaw was a thing

Are we boxposting?

Based on the date of that photo it's fair to assume that it was taken before the SC box existed

you fuckers have too much money

Oh God, do it. As a fuckin poorfag I want to see people having fun with shittones of models - it's a good way to motivate myself

please stop, i just see piles of money

ps.

Anything for death when

and after freeguild

How common is Order, particularly Stormcast, your areas?

Around here, Order is roughly equal to Chaos, with Death and Destruction behind them. From what I've been seen/told, though, Order here is mainly just Sylvaneth and one Daughters of Khaine army.

I've been thinking about going Stormcast due to it having a relatively lower model count and somewhat easier to paint (I've gotten burned out with moderate-to-high model count armies with a little more complexity in painting with 40k), and since Stormcast are underplayed-to-unplayed here, I'd like to take the opportunity to be a snowflake and slide into that spot.

for me stormcast is everywhere, but it is of no matter to you, just do what is less played in your area

A lot of Stormcast players (and Bloodbound) because they are the cheapest option for casual players

There's fairly little incomprehensible about it though. That's part of why they so easily tempt people: They have easy to understand recruitment speeches. You want to chop things up? Join Khorne! On your deathbed from fever? Join Nurgle! Adrenaline junkie? Join Slaanesh! Want cool magic? Join Tzeentch!

gyrinx

so this is that teaser thing they did for the rumor mill a while ago.

its called a Gyrinx.

is that some kind of 40K thing?

link
youtu.be/5nWv_WcpUZA

Preorders (and warscrolls) are up on the NZ site.

CROSS IT OFF

>The Gyrinx (also Grynix) is a cat-like creature used by both human and Eldar psykers as a familiar, augmenting its user's psychic abilities.
So it's a 40K model or they want to use it in AoS

Yes, it's probably a 40k model.

Probably 40k, though you never know, Tzaangors did appear in 40k.

So Sorcerous Bolts can be 18"|4+|4+ just by standing next to Tzeentch Wizard you will surely have? It's not bad

oh shit tzeentch magic cards

Egypt-based human or aelf faction please

GW don't give a shit about elves or anyone who cares about them. They would rather make more dwarf faggots and nomie humans.

There wolves

That's not horrible, actually. For a marauder-tier unit a swing at 4+/4+ in addition to a 18" shot is pretty decent. Given the sheer number of Tzeentch Wizards you're likely to field those bolts will probably always be able to claim the bonus, too.
The Vulchard will probably make enemy wizards with multiple casts somewhat hesitant to cast when nearby, though I doubt it'll actually do much unless you have multiple units of Kairic Acolythes in range.
I'd most likely make them hang out with a Gaunt Summoner, screening him and providing support fire while he deletes units.
Incidentally, the Gaunt Summoner has lost his familiars, as expected. The loss of +1 to cast hurts, but the rest were worthless anyway.

WHERE ARE WHERE WOLVES

The better question is: when we become aware as to where the werewolves are, what do you think they would wear in terms of design?

Hopefully nothing.

back in World of Warcraft where you got the shit idea in the first place.

i bet you are that guy painting wow bloodelf

Familiars might be a separate warscroll

little closer every day

Can't see any changes to these three guys. Seems they were just renamed.
Still, that Fatemaster's ability in a wizard-heavy army might be interesting, especially with the new allegiance trait.

>asshole elf poster
like pottery

But you're the WoW faggot shitposting about getting a wearwolf faction.

besides we settled this... Witch elves pre dated WoW by ten years and were a blatant rip off of Games Workshop intellectual property (like everything good in world of warcraft)

Could be, but I doubt it, considering the kit doesn't include them in the first place and all old familiars have been relegated to legacy status, not to mention lacking the Tzeentch keyword.

Nice bases

GW makes them

Mixing alliances: Am I retarded or is fun allowed?

I want to make an army of good guy skeletons, warrior souls bored of valhalla or whatever returned to the realms for a proper punch up. So, obviously death.
I want to have some valkyries with them, thinking a couple units of allied Stormcast Prosecutors.

This prevents all allegiance buffs, items, and hero traits, but I just want a chaotic good skeleton party.

Hardly going to take this to competitive games, but will I be laughed out of the game store?

Yes on account of literally everybody everywhere using matched play and the GBH forbidding mixed alliances for that.
No on account of having a solid theme and something of a background justification.

>Hardly going to take this to competitive games, but will I be laughed out of the game store?
I think people will be going? "You sure? You do realize you're not getting alliance bonuses, right? Okay, put them on the field."

One of the perks of the pre-GHB period is that people got used to mixing up the rules.

Seems to me that a tag team of Thaumaturge and Summoner would shit out mortal wounds like nobody's business. If they're cheap enough, a bubblewrap of acolytes would do good work.

I hate to point this out, but...I'm the user that was arguing with you about witch elves.

I am not the user going on about werewolves. So at least there's someone lower on the ladder than me I guess.

the change is that you can compil all of them and benefit from synergies

Ironically, I had almost the same idea. Was going to paint dwarfs up like ghosts for spirit hosts, gs some beards on the skellies, etc. Good undead dwarf army.

>heroes with only 5 wounds and 5+ saves
Cant wait to snipe wizards with my bastiladon + stegadon

>Cant wait to snipe wizards with my bastiladon + stegadon

take a pic of your models and post it or everyone will know you're a faggot.

What

It occurred to me that skeleton armies are always the bad guys, and I wanted something new. I just couldn't find a death unit that arequately looked or played like a valkyrie, so I figured Stormcasts were the next best thing.

Currently just playing 1000 point proxy friendlies with some friends while we get into the game

- Curseling to make enemy casters nervous
- Gaunt Summoner to cut units in half and cast additional stuff
- Thaumaturge to cause more Mortal Wounds and threaten everything that gets too close
- Lord of Change to buff casting, supplement melee threat and maybe hand out Lord of War to a nearby Acolythe screen
- Blue Scribes for further casting buffs and general fuckery
Tzeentch coven is go.

Hell yes.
And Changeling for hero-centric objective dickery?

Looking at all the marauder variants so far, the acolythes seem really strong in comparison. They brawl not that much worse than the other two while also having a long-ranged missile and better protection.
Yes, Bloodreavers can be buffed like mad, but requires a dedicated investment, while Kairics get that from hanging out with some guy that has probably similar range-bands and usually loves some disposable meatshields.

How far can a list like this get me in a competitive scene?

-Leaders-
Skarbrand - 400
Bloodsecrator - 120
Slaughterpriest - 100
Slaughterpriest - 100

-Units-
Bloodletters x30 - Gore Drenched Icon - 300
Skull Cannon - 180
Skull Cannon - 180

Up for any advice as well.

There is nothing better than sticking the Changeling on some big, fast monster like Archaon and going "Nope, you are not going to go anywhere in a hurry."

>my broken bullshit army can spot-remove heroes
Wow. How very impressive. Next you'll mention hero-killing with thundertusks, I assume?

Any thoughts on Gyrocopters vs Bombers? I just bought two today. I like how copters look, but bombers seem like the only way they'd be at all useful.

>people using shooting units is "broken bullshit"

Maybe stick to open play, matched play might be too complicated for you to handle

120 for the Summoner, 160 for the Ogroid, assuming the prices didn't change.
Which they might have, since the Summoner lost his familiars. Maybe he's 100 now.

>invincible laser dinosaurs
>in a army rife with such shit
Kroak+Vortex+Astrolith is probably fine as well, right?

Can't find the box of the two Sphinx but anyway...

Aren't those worth a shit ton right now?

I actually prefer Gyrocopters to -bombers, since the bomb-throwing mechanic is kinda shit. Multiple steamguns working in concert will start hurting very quickly.

>Khorne mortals, black orcs, dryads, Tzeentch mortals

Those are new models for existing groups tweaked to the new setting.

Besides horde of faceless buff Paladins, the only new faction is fire dwarves. And fire dwarves are really shit.

UHHH BRO.... DO NOT OPEN THOSE....

Different user, but does that mean I should probably dust off the sealed TK Battalion I bought from my GW before they could return it to warehouse?

They don't anymore.