Did you read Fall of Cadia guys?

Did you read Fall of Cadia guys?
What do you think ? It's terrible right? Right?!

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/713961.page
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Davin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go back to the warp, poor writting device, I ban you from Veeky Forums.

Go away. No frogposting.

Haha, were you expecting GW's non-FW books to not be terrible? FOOL! My legend begins in the 12th century.

What happened? The End Times levels of shenanigans?

It's time user, accept the facts.

"Sorry, I overcharged the pillars and the planet exploded."

Really? That is bit shit. So now the pylons are broken and Cadian Gate is shutting down? Did Creeeeeed! Survive?

>It's terrible right? Right?!
yes

Actually "chaos did it":

be'lakor did some still unknown shenanigans on the phalanx and made a blackstone fortress crash on cadia

that somehow escalated into full planet destruction

user...I..

Oh great, more Chaos "Just as Planned" Asspulls, that's much better. These secret, convoluted, evil mastermind plans being used to explain and take credit for seemingly stupid events after the fact don't get old by like, the fifteenth time.

Well fuck.

No, NO!

He didn't...

He couldn't...

This much be a joke

>Low quality frogposting
What a surprise!

Warning, this is spoiler:

Creed stands alone on the ruined surface of Cadia, and watches as the last Mechanicum ship lifts off into the sky. Cadia was now little more than a graveyard. He felt his strength ebbing away, as his wounds finally caught up with him. The storm parts before him, but not a Demon stands before him. A metal giant in a scaled cloak. Creed's panicked shot goes wide as iridescent polygons flicker on the figures upraised palm, "Ursarkar E. Creed. This need not be your end. Eternity awaits." The giant's laughter follows Creed into darkness....

Fear not user, because Trazyn added Creed to his collection ... if I read right.

Trazyn is strong than a Chaos god at that point.
The guy summon ancient army from 30K out of his collection.

Phalanx raping the Blackstone fortress was pretty allright

Were the Deldar involved in it somehow, seeing how one of the art pieces depicts a Deldar among the imperials?

I...that's a good question actually. The whole implied Deldar-Imperium alliance was a big part of the hype for this. Yet; now that it's arrived, I haven't heard mention neither hide nor hair of them. Then again they are the Deldar after all, so being forgotten and ignored is pretty much par for the course with them.

exodites soon plz

"[...] They land on the planet, and begin a trek up its mountains with Cawl carrying the artefact on a Triaros Conveyor. Battle Sisters, Black Templars, House Taranis Knights, Greyfax's Militarum Tempestus bodyguard, Cawl, Greyfax and Marshal Amalrich are following Celestine as she leads them... somewhere. They initially manage to avoid the Black Legion forces searching for them, but soon run into patrols which eventually starts bringing masses of forces to them. Half of the Black Templars, led by the Crusade's Emperor's Champion, hold back in a sacrifice to buy them time. It doesn't seem like much, as the Black Legion hounds them up the mountains. But Celestine leads them on... right into an Eldar trap. For the Black Legion. Eldar forces burst out between the Imperials and the Black Legion, covering the Imperial Forces and laying waste to the Black Legion. It's too much - unprepared for fighting Eldar, the Black Legion fall back. Abaddon tries to push forward twice, and is twice beaten back by Eldar. Which Eldar forces do you ask? There's an "Ulthwe Strike Force, alongside Wyches of Commorragh, Warriors of Biel-Tan and a number of other craftworlds". Eldrad is there, as noticed by Cawl, who is surprised at all the disparate Eldar factions fighting together. "

source: some guy who read the book and summed it up at dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/713961.page

so did they undo Slaanesh nomming Eldrad's soul?

>Deldar
that's only half a Deldar, the other half is from the craftworlds, he's yriel

the female eldar will either be lady malys or veilwalker

they undid that all the way back in 5th edition

>he's yriel

>No spear

Fall of Cadia already left us only with dis spear.

Nah, it's actually okay after learning more.

I don't think it was an army.

Complete story for someone who's wondering.

thanks Jesus

>didnt open in new tab

Even if you don't it's not that bad.

so, who was davin?

Davin is a planet. wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Davin

>no primarch

the guard kept fighting even after the planet cracked.

>the chunks of the blackstone fortress crashed into the planet

Are you telling me a torn apart orbital station had enough engines, enough power and just the right angle to direct itself into cadia?
after being disabled by the phalanx?

>just the right angle

Literally close to 50% of the possible angles would land you on Cadia. It's nearly impossible to miss a planet from orbit, it fills your entire view and horizon.

What is the size of a blackstone fortress ?

I'm more skeptical about the fact it may have sufficient kinetic energy to break a planet in pieces just by using it as a meteor.

the fluff posted refer to the debris as moon sized, but regardless of size, objects falling from space end up with absurd force.

the real question is how much it was able to propell itself with the available engines

As big as ur mum m8

well it literally has a planet busting engine attached to it, whether it directs that energy as a laser beam or uses it to throw pieces of itself as a kinetic kill device shouldn't necessarily matter

So the majority of the campaign is about St Celestine's trollface getting larger and larger as Abbadon throws a shitfit?

Just the summary that got posted on Dakka. It reads like an Age of Sigmar fluff-piece with bolters and Blackstone Fortresses (at least in terms of its "cartoonish-epic" quotient), and has a new twist or deus ex machina every few minutes. Maybe it's less cheesy if you read the actual Codex, but I'm still leaning towards on this one.

Also, naturally, the majority of the Marines were all First Founding, or the more famous Successors. Can't risk confusing the little kids by talking about Marine Chapters that don't have unique units and characters for them to buy, right?

So this is the first in a new series Gathering Storm, but I got some questions about it.
>is this basically a book being sold alongside rules, or what
>is there anything crucial to read beforehand so I follow this
>where the fuck do you get 40k books now that KAT is down

Well, at least the guard has some mention here. Not like in the Damocles fluff where it just serve as canon fooder between the lines.

GW webstore has a summary of the contents of the book. There's rules and fluff in it.

And the best way to get books is to use the Mega links that get posted in the 40K generals. They've been getting updated pretty fast the last few months.

Honestly, I didn't mind it.

On the other hand: I'm a SOB player and sweet Emperor this story was a Celestine wankfest. Which, you know, I'm completely ok with with how little she gets to turn up normally.

True, that. It's nice to see Creed get some spotlight time too. I don't think he's come up much since the days of the Eye of Terror campaign, apart from the obligatory reprint of his rules with every new Guard codex.

I wonder what's going to happen to the Cadians now that Cadia's fucked? Maybe the regiments will just get recruiting rights to other planets or something.

I got that, but is it an actual "book", as in story telling and all, not just fluff text? I'm pretty sure it is, but just want to doublecheck.

>Celestine wankfest
Definitely got that impression. It seems like Gee-Dubs is trying to compensate their asses off for the years of neglect that Sisters have received. I don't mind it though, because it suggests that GW are finally starting to get serious about the faction again.

Some user posted some small "fanfic" about cadians becoming the bulk/recruiters for some elite eye of terror containement regiment.

But knowing GW, I think that none of this possibilities will be exploited and that we may end up with a free for all between one or two dozen named characters, the end of time style.

I miss my anonymous heroes.

Yeah, it seems to be similar to the other recent campaign books. First half is all story, not just flavour text, and the rules are at the back.

Yeah, as I said: I'm not really complaining. It honestly does a very good job of selling her as a divine agent, rather than just being 'A bigger, scarier SOB'. And well, I'm willing to accept a lot of deus ex when an actual miracleworker is about.

Though I am entertained by the fact that St Celestine has proven to be about the single most willing to work with Xenos/Psykers imperial hero about. Don't mind me, helping lead Abbadon into Eldar traps.

>one or two dozen named characters, the end of time style.

Meeeh. I'm not a big fan of that style, it just seems so transparently sales-driven. It's either all special characters, or new characters who are clearly meant to be the models for their unit type (like how Chaplain Daenor from Angel's Blade is the generic jump pack Death Company Chappy). Makes the setting feel like less of a setting, and more of a play with a limited cast.

Well, that the impression I got on some recent GW fluff that I read while catching up with the last 4 or 5 years, like Damocles Warzone for example.

It's always the same cast of character/chapters/ cadians regiments that are fighting each other in every corner of the galaxy.

>Though I am entertained by the fact that St Celestine has proven to be about the single most willing to work with Xenos/Psykers imperial hero about.
It'd be funny if it turned out that it has to do with her being a divine agent, and not just her being pragmatic. She's actually carrying out the Emperor's will, everyone else claiming to do so is wrong.

Can we be certain that Chaos isn't just pulling an ISIS, claiming ownership for events happening according to keikaku?

No, it's just someone doing the Carnac meme. Abaddon didn't plan for the Phalanx, he just planned for the Blackstone Fortress being shattered.

Be'Lakor's plan to attack Terra outright failed, and he probably got killed by rocks off-screen. GW didn't even bother to say what happened to him, because page space goes on important characters. It's basically implied by the fact that he lost so badly and his general weakness that he was killed by a more successful Daemon like N'kari. His only hope for survival is that there was an important battle going on, so there would be no daemons to spare for a trivial task like his execution.

Be'Lakor's fundamental character trait is being irrelevant. He had one job in Fantasy that he wasn't even very good at, and now it's gone he's basically the Daemon Prince of NEETs. If Milhouse used to be in charge of giving an important person a ceremonial hat, that would accurately reflect the entirety of Be'Lakor's impact on both Warhammers.

Look at all those lies.

>Be'Lakor's plan to attack Terra outright failed, and he probably got killed by rocks off-screen.

Actually, Be'lakor was wounded by the company captain powerfist and fled into the Warp. The reason why Be'lakor couldn't take The Phalanx was because the Chaos Gods refused to help him. They barred daemons (aside from those slaved to Be'lakor) from materializing in the Phalanx. Be'lakor eventually ran out of daemons and had to flee. The Chaos Gods backstabbed their firstborn son and screwed them over FOR NO REASON!

>Be'Lakor's fundamental character trait is being irrelevant. He had one job in Fantasy that he wasn't even very good at, and now it's gone he's basically the Daemon Prince of NEETs. If Milhouse used to be in charge of giving an important person a ceremonial hat, that would accurately reflect the entirety of Be'Lakor's impact on both Warhammers.

You hate a character that much that you are willing to lie about him in both setting? You cancerous twat.

Nobody caused more shit and mayhem in WFHB for both sides other than Be'lakor. Dude is pretty much responsible for all the evil in the world and all the important events that led to the End Times.

He was named the best villain in a GW top ten.

>He's Yriel
>Clear picture of him not being Yriel

>‘Hark well, as I tell you the tale of Be’lakor First-Damned, may his forgotten true-name be forever cursed. In his arrogance, he drew the gaze of the Chaos Gods to this world, bringing damnation upon us all.’

>Frederich Weirde, Chronicler of the End Times

-It was Be'lakor will brought the attention of Chaos Gods to this world.
-His damnation tainted the hearts of all men and opened them to Chaos
-It was Be'lakor who taught the men how to worship Chaos and venerate the gods
-It was Be'lakor who saved the world with his hubris and rebellion against the gods tying up the gods armies in the north allowing the Elves enough time to finish the ritual
-It was his curse that allowed for the rise of the Everchosen
-By his genius did the prophecy of the Red Eye/Three Eyed King come to be
-It was he who authored the End Times by writing it in Necrodomo's place
-It was he who sired Archaon, the greatest of all the champions of Chaos
-It was by his immortal power that time was violated again and again to ensure that his son-in-darkness stays true to his path
-It was his machinations that aided in Nagash's return starting the End Times
-The Elven cycle was forever broken by him discovering Lileath
-It was Be'lakor who alerted the Incarnates to Archaon's doomsday plan
-It was Be'lakor whose failed machinations led to Gotrek becoming the new Dwarfen God of Vengeance

Here are some of his exploits in fantasy. Dude did EVERYTHING worth doing.

He was introduced recently in 40K but he is staking up his fluff.

-Be'lakor is instrumental in the rise of Abaddon
-Be'lakor provided Ahriman with the knowledge that would set him on the path towards the second Rubric
-Be'lakor with the iron Warriors led the assault on the Phalanx hpoing to use it to bombard The Imperial Palace and kill-steal the Emperor from Abaddon

And this will continue to add up in this new story. Be'lakor isn't finish trying to upstage Abaddon and take revenge on the Chaos Gods who forsook him

You forgot to mention that he got killed by a bunch of cosmic lizards throwing rocks at him.

Wrong, the battle report happened ina WD 7th ED. Almost a decade before AoS.

And it wasn't Be'lakor because he cannot use Warp portals to manifest into reality. So it's impossible for him to be in that battle.

Except he was Be'lakor.

Except he wasn't. Warp portals are anathema to Be'lakor!

If that's true then how did he come through one on the day he was killed by rocks? I think you're must making stuff up because you dislike his characters one defining moment. You can't change the fluff just because you want something to have been true. If Be'Lakor wasn't supposed to be defined by his losing war against falling rocks, then GW wouldn't have written him that way.

I don't know how you can even talk about Be'Lakor when you don't understand how vital rocks are to his story. You must have completely missed the obvious intended irony of his Fantasy character being killed off by getting bound in a shiny rock forever.

The shiny rock was then buried in a grave marked "BOLOKOR", until the marking was removed to make way for a latrine. If anyone even remembered him, they would think that Bolokor would want it that way. But no one remembers him at all.

>Meanwhile in Octarius Sector

tl;dr

>If that's true then how did he come through one on the day he was killed by rocks?

It wasn't him it was a random daemon prince sharing his model. The daemon prince wasn;t even named in the battle reports and was using a generic daemon prince rules

I'm sure someone somewhere did the maths and regular 40k ships can cause extintion events/exterminatus just by ramming a planet. Meteors are a big deal.

>tl;dr

There's no need to roleplay. You haven't got to be a failure just because Be'lakor is. I believe you can read six sentences.

>It wasn't him it was a random daemon prince sharing his model.

Be'Lakor has his own model, user. He's not that unimportant. He's easily on the level of the Changeling.

>The daemon prince wasn;t even named in the battle reports

It was clearly Be'Lakor. Look at the picture.

Agree, as they may be a few km long and are constructed with dense material. On the other hand, we're speaking about litterally breaking the planet in multiple chunk.

A post impact winter in nothing the guard as never handled (hello kriegers).

>I believe you can read six sentences.

Not if they are drivel.

Anyways, Except Be'lakor was crowning Archaon at the time of battle and you have the issue if Be'lakor cannot into portals. There is anothe issue that fantasy Be'lakor is a living shadow that cannot be harmed by something physical if he sees it coming.

>Be'Lakor has his own model, user.

Which was used in the WD because back in the day the generic daemon prince model looked like shit. It was generic daemon.

the planet didn't really break up. The falling debris destabilized the tectonic plates and fucked the pilons. The last shot we have of cadia is the planet becoming engulfed by the eye of terror, still mainly intact even if fucked up.

Proofs

>The centre of the chamber had been scoured bare. The altar was gone. There was no sign of the sorcerers, the warpstone sigil, or anything else for that matter besides a hole in the ground. Power crackled across the chamber, incandescent flares licking the walls and causing stone to dribble like fat. Black horrors gambolled without purpose, slapping into columns and each other as the walls shook. And in the midst of their disarray, a dark angel wavered like smoke.

>It was Be’lakor.

>The daemon prince was almost as large as the Beast, larger still if one counted its leathery wingspan or the jagged height of its black crown. But where that degraded monster had been a rounded mass of malformed muscle and bone plates, Be’lakor was lithe, his powerful body sculpted in volcanic glass. That statuesque might was now hunched, as though wounded, bat wings cocooning its body. How it had come to be hurt, Felix could only hazard. Gotrek’s axe passed through the daemon’s leg trailing a wisp of black smog.

>The daemon laughed coldly, the creak of glacial ice. ‘You have taken my army, you have beaten my champion. My ritual has been spoiled but not ruined.’ The daemon’s voice was sonorous and smooth, but just a voice now that it did not cross planes. The chamber trembled, sending dust through the daemon’s body. It chuckled darkly, as though tickled. ‘I will be free. I may find myself five years past or five hundred. It is but a turning of the world to an immortal.’

>‘We’re both here now, you sack of steam.’ Gotrek made another swing. The runes of his axe flared with a frustrated brilliance as they clove through the smoke that was the daemon prince, Be’lakor. ‘Fight me now and have done.’

>Be’lakor continued to fade. Only an outline remained, shadow upon shadow, a hint of a crown. ‘Your doom is coming. Trust that when it nears, it will be my hand that guides it.’

-"City of the Damned" novella

Also pictured related.

>Except Be'lakor was crowning Archaon at the time of battle

You underestimate Be'Lakor if you think he can't be in two places at once.

>you have the issue if Be'lakor cannot into portals. There is anothe issue that fantasy Be'lakor is a living shadow that cannot be harmed by something physical if he sees it coming.

Well clearly he was there and can be killed by rocks, because he was there and did get killed by rocks. I don't know what else to say. What happened happened. You can't say it's impossible after it's been done.

I'd like Be'Lakor to be more important than a jabroni who gets killed by rocks and then dies by being trapped in a rock. I'm a fan of his model, it's very distinctive and unmistakable. The fact is GW saw more value in him as a comedy sidekick for Archaon.

tl;dr.

>You underestimate Be'Lakor if you think he can't be in two places at once.

Not unless portals were involved.

also tl;dr

I see no proof on your side while I provided amble proof. Good day and praise the Dark Master!

Is Creed dead then?

No, Trazyn got him.

Davin was about a dying Horus coming back to life
So the artifact may be a dead someone - maybe the emperor blasted Horus into a pure innocent baby again like in that doctor who slitheen episode
Horus back as a good guy = the chaos Primarch who turns back to loyalist

>amble

I have won this discussion in every significant way: Logically, charismatically, grammatically, and romantically. I am sure that I am better dressed than you.

I have nothing to prove.

Oh right. Read that wrong the first time.

high fucking literature

No matter who/what it was it will be underwhelming when GW will reveal it 22 years from now.

>Not unless portals were involved.
Don't try to pretend you don't know there is a portal involved.