/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gish Edition
Talk about your gishes, magi, battlemages, mageknights, and the like. Where did they learn their art? What experience do they have? What type of martial and magical techniques and tactics do they favor using?

>Remember to keep all kitsuneposting, fetishposting, DHB witch hunting, overPoWered shitposting, and other forms of shitposting to a minimum, otherwise you aren't being excellent to each other.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit?usp=sharing
paizo.com/products/btpy9qqm/discuss?Wayfinder-16
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486723/cerilas-app
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486732/application-tatiana-cattaneo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who are the strongest contenders so far?

Shitposting kept to a minimum?
TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

Ooh, I'm so excited for HELL'S VENGEANCE!

Well I do already have one confirmed, I haven't told the player yet though.

I like fatguy, but would like more backstory before confirmation.

A couple others have my interest too.

If i've responded to your thread, you likely have my interest so far. (Not guaranteed, of course)

Hell's Vengeance DM!
Hell's Vengeance DM!

...Doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Dragon DM', but it'll do!
What're your thoughts on the proposed charries?

Reposting because I posted in dead thread:
>My character for an upcoming campaign (no, not a pfg campaign) is an old dragon that fought his corrupted kin for nearly his entire life. Through these fights he accumulated countless curses and wounds that now have his aging body fail. Being fed up with his minions/attendants flocking around his dying body 24/7 and not wanting to expire in a random cave, he leaves his lair and hoard behind for one last adventure and maybe to regain a glimpse of his youth. For this purpose he takes human form and explores what amusing and petty things the mortal creatures go about, especially those adventurers.

Does /pfg/ have any neato pictures of unarmored, old but fit men and battle-scarred dragons?

I'm going to GM for a campaign tomorrow any suggestions on what would be a good campaign so far here are my ideas-
>fantasy moby-dick
>secret police for the obligatory big empire
>criminal ring of alchemists basically breaking bad but fantasy with potions instead of meth

Reinhardt's got your back!

>leader of alchemists is an intelligent potion vial.

Ask the players, not us! We're not mind readers!

Hello everyone. I am having a slow day at work and am currently writing up the races for a possible game in the near future. I'll be doing so for the next few hours and can hopefully get through most of them.

docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit?usp=sharing

Come on in, you can watch me be terrible!

Second or third.
I recommend evil campaigns for easy campaigns.

LIGHTNING-ENHANCED SHIELD CHARGE

Her experience is mostly from growing up fighting her brothers and picking up just enough wizardry to get by on the road.

I was just asking for more ideas

That's a neat one, but maybe a bit too buff!

is this an okay dragon?

I like the effort so far.
I'm glad that I'm getting apps that arent ALL baby magical girls. (Nothing wrong with those in moderation of course)

>I like fatguy, but would like more backstory before confirmation.
>likes fatguy
>fatguy in a lewd campaign
>fat baldman who wants to wear a faceless mask
>in a lewd campaign
>LITERALLY A FACELESS BALD MAN

Yeesh, I'm more about those stereotypical fantasy lizards and not strange meatbags! But the pic is appreciated regardless.

Sure thing bud.

Terrible!

>>in a lewd campaign
>>LITERALLY A FACELESS BALD MAN
Well, it's not like that's not the most common character across all of the hentai in forever...

There's a bunch more by the same artist, look up Makataku's Pixiv.

Thanks user! But unarmored doesn't mean nude!

fatguy is a character after my own heart.
One of my own favorite characters was a demodand-born bloatmage based on Hedonism-bot.

So it just happens to get bonus points with me.

He's not nude! He's wearing a fine cat pelt coat!

So! Who all's looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Look up a picture of King Regis from FFXV, would that work

Aren't we all, some part of us, a fa/tg/uy?

>King Regis
That's a good one! I'm a bit hesitant though because I know atleast one guy in the group played FFXV and using pics of actual characters the people know is kinda weird.

This guy gets it.

[ROTJR HYPE]

So why isn't this in thy pastebin?

HOLY SHIT

My computer was not prepared for this level of cute.

Shit that's cute.

As the maker of Fatman I have a few routes I could take for him:

>Chelish noble whose brother died during the the events of Hell's Rebels
>Personally disgraced
>Threw away his family name
>Devoted himself to the Thrice Damned House of Thrune
>Put on the mask (not nameless one, but he doesn't want to be recognized) and becomes The Watchful Moon

or

>Fanatical Groetus worshipper who views the Thrice Damned House of Thrune as a road to End Times
>Seeks to help them
>Mind slowing being gnawed at by Groetus
>Seeks to rise to powerful as a sorcerer mercenary-king
>Seeks to rise to archpriest of Groetus as The Watchful Moon

Or a mix of the two.

>using the Golarion world setting

wrong

To include something in the pastebin, make the new thread, and include a new pastebin with the additional information.

We're playing Hell's Vengeance. it takes place in Cheliax.

Retard, this is a Golarion setting game.

My Half-Elf Magus learned the finer points of swordplay from his Half-Elf father, and learned magic from his full Elf Great-Grandfather and former King of one of the Elvish Kingdoms.

He's pretty inexperienced, and still somewhat naive. He wants to do good deeds and be known in his own right, aside from being the great-nephew of a king.

He tends to favor using spells that cause status effects or weaken his enemies, then uses his Arcane Pool and weapons to take them down.

Dungeon-crawly Secret Police Gestalted Psionics game to DM tonight, then 7 player party game tomorrow, then game I play in is on Monday.

Tonight's game is session 1, will be fun to see if the squad can succeed.

Tomorrow's game has a major player in the story being introduced.

Monday game, since it's a holiday I'm counting it, will continue with us fighting these guys that turn into blood upon death and I get to continue rampaging as a dinosaur.

Who else here gets irrationally fucking terrified when ever your GM brings up the golden ratio?

One of the rotating GMs for my group enjoys watching players thrash in panic/horror. He always forces things too far. The golden ratio always comes up when shit is about to hit the fan. Also bullshit like non-directional space, fucked up geometry, fucking fractals, and true naming.

Help me /pfg/, I'm looking for thicker/heavyset muscle girls and brawlers. Something more like Yang from RWBY, although they don't have to be busty.

Anyone got what I need?

Anime or western style?

>DHB making sexy fish lady race
I thought he didn't like ERP

Preferably western but I'm open to either.

>brawler
>not as busty as Yang
I've got a punchy girl here, not sure if she fits

It's not bad but she's a little thin, I think.

She's a little less clothed than I was looking for.

So, I've done this a couple times, but I feel it bears repeating, as I doubt everybody here has seen them - these are the details from the Starfinder part of the Paizo marathon stream a few days ago. Feel free to ask for additional details if you have question, though I might not be able to answer everything to a satisfactory degree.

So for those who are cool running a game with Jolly content, there's actually a new vigilante archetype I wrote up in Wayfinder #16; due to my word count limit, it didn't end up as I'd want it completely, but it did end up pretty awesome.

It's also free, so there's that.

paizo.com/products/btpy9qqm/discuss?Wayfinder-16

I like the fact Goblins made it to the stars.

I like the non-set DCs.

Space liches are great.

The Han sound ok.

Space squids are great.

Hellknights making it to space are fucking awesome.

The rest is meh to bad.

Magic might be ok.

I think I know who's not getting in

the guy who didn't follow the app guidelines

What are some tropes you are a sucker for?

>joke character suddenly gets serious
>he is the strongest

>the old noble you thought was incompetent was hiding behind a mask of fake senility

>villains aren't cowards and are willing to bet everything on their plan

HELL'S VENGEANCE

I've accepted two applications so far.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486723/cerilas-app

and

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4486732/application-tatiana-cattaneo

Oh, hi Dragon's Crown Amazon.

>the humble, kind man the party works for is willing to kill them off or sell them out if they fail him

Are there any details on small mechs and the like besides "they're a thing"?

> There's something wrong in our home town.
>The villain wants nothing to do with the PCs, and is a villain by nature / nurture.

The random mook that ends up being sent along with the party saves all their lives as they sleep.

He didnt even have stats.

Is it just me, or are a LOT of late-comer apps just ignoring the GM's parameters?

There's been like 4 or 5 that are just the Roll20 equivalent of "hay bb wan sum fuk"

Thank you! Thank you! SPUNKY GRAPPLER HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Actually just generally anyone who is just pretending to be retarded.

"Hi, I'm a rando who happened upon this lfg, and didn't read the application guidelines. Let me tell you about myself IRL before I pitch my extremely basic idea for a potentially lewd text-based game."

The core rulebook is going to have personal vehicle rules that scale up. The mechs are going to be based off said rules, and more precise movements will be relegated to power armor. Mechs are going to be some kind of hybrid between the vehicle and power armor systems, I think.

They didn't dwell on it long.

Early-game scene where the PCs' mentor or more experienced chaperone sacrifices themselves in one last fight, either to buy them time or as a background element to their part in the battle.

Best example was when a GM literally had our barbarian's grandfather getting taken up to Ysgard as his physical body fell.

>The villain wants nothing to do with the PCs, and is a villain by nature / nurture.
The villain in my group's game doesn't even know we exist. We've been fighting his men for a while, and we just recently learned that they were acting on orders from his second in command, who has apparently neglected to tell his boss about the 6 asshats ruining everything for them.

Come on, user, it c-can't be THAT lewd, right?

Yeah, exactly. Say what you will about your least favorite app from before we went into the final stretch, but at least they put at least a little effort into showing who they were or that they had a sheet ready.

I'm surprised by the quick decision, but pleasantly so. After all, my app got picked.

Latecomers like this are here for two reasons.
>oh look its Jade Regent/Pathfinder/a game, guess I'll appl-YOR FUKKIN PERVERTS IMMA REPORT YOU
or
>Huehuehuehue time to fuck some imaginary bitches muh dik muhfugga

>The peaceful guy who hates violence is actually super dangerous
>Characters who use some kind of "limiter" because they despise their power/strength
>characters with "limiters" that remove them to get stronger in general

So does this sound like an appropriately Adventure Path-esque progression for a campaign where the players must first fight Americans in Drum and then take the fight to Earth themselves:

First part is about taking down a rogue sergeant who decided to unite bandits into a larger alliance while holding connections to the actual army.

Second part is venturing into the fey inhabited forest where the Americans are draining away the resources and magic from the place

Third part is defending a town and then taking back a major military location after travelling the countryside.

Fourth is sneaking through a siege encampment around the capital into a portal to Earth and shutting it from the other side after wandering around because of a portal mishap.

Fifth is gathering allies from the mafia, native Americans, plane travelling people from Golarion and occult tinfoil hats with proper psychic powers due to plot related things.

Sixth is discovering finally where the big gate is and assaulting a place full of 1920's "future" tech, flying battleships and jet engine powered dragons.

Brawler girls either need large boobs or a huge booty with good thighs.

>tfw probably going to be a last moment app because I'm an autistic fuckwad who constantly shifted his backstory around.
>probably going to drown out in all the half-assed apps.

>Fatguy gets accepted
They're donezo

>You're probably going to put more effort in than the guys who only write "I wanna join add plz"
>That means you're going to stand out
>You've got a fighting chance at getting in

Come on, user, you'll do great! I'm sure if you make quality it'll be fine!!!!!

Do Barbarians need both? Do merfolk lack in the ass department? I DON'T KNOW!

I'm fine with the booty or the busty, user! She just needs some thick arms and legs too. And at least a few clothes, doesn't have to be full covering or anything but 'not bikini'.

Why should I apply to Hell's Vengeance /pfg/?

>DHB updates his application
>character doesn't sound evil at all

>Not a brawler

Because it's the place to be.

>-2 dex

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>mfw realization I don't have a damn thing to apply to this with
>mfw can't think of anything fun to play in an evil game

fuck

necrophilia

Villains who have a strong sense of honour and gain begrudging respect for the party.

Anyone can be a brawler if they just try!

Why wouldn't you!?!?! It's the happenin' spot with cute merfolk and tieflings!!

Roll an 80s cartoon villain.

What are some good spells to Magical Lineage that are not blasty? Or is that not worth it?