WIP - Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

Where's the Regular Fuckin Guy Edition (is there one?)

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Satan-Twins-Pro-Painted-/301992349728?hash=item4650259020:g:2IwAAOSwNuxXaZji
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SEMPAI NOTICED ME!

Can you please include a link to a reputable brush soap vendor in the general OP in future?

watching these new one and two minute gw painting tutorials with savior Duncan, and you can hear and feel how he's rushing his speech and actions to get the video under the allotted time, and it gives me a vague sense of anxiety.

>Blue highlights
Went back and did that, thanks user

>Metals flat
I agree, so I'll fix that shit up. Also noticed my light setup is shit, so I'm putting in the effort to build a lightbox now

>Armor gaps
It's all stuck on with putty, it'll be fixed for final assembly

Also, anyone else recasting discs of tzeentch for the exalted sorcerers? I found a single disc to be pretty bullshit.

I threw my first couple miniatures away and now I feel bad that they're lying in a landfill somewhere, abandoned by the Emperor.

First 5 space hulk minis done

you should really get the gemstone paint. Those blood drops would look much better

I did the same. I got some tau and like 4 paints, painted them, realized I sucked and threw away like $70 worth of shit. This was all when I was way younger.

Now I've re-got into the hobby and spent even more getting everything but now my models look presentable and Im having fun. I feel bad for those thick painted horendous models probably crushed in a garbage heap and burned in an incinerator.

>mfw I still have beakies from this boxed set waiting to be stripped
>mfw I got them new and decades later still haven't bothered

Allah Akbar...I mean Menoth.

I was about 14 when I got into 40k, BT at that.

Got back into it at around 20. I still weep when I think about the 200-300 euros worth of marines thrown away, brand new, still on sprues.

I hadn't even painted a single one of them.

why'd you throw them away?

Mostly because my dad molested me and my priorities changed.

Why, after years hiatus from the hobby, I thought starting back up by painting Scavvies was a good idea... I have no idea.

Still plugging away at this gang. Not pic-worthy yet.

Moved out of the house, so my parents threw it away, and I have to admit I didn't think about starting again until long after they were gone.

really should have just opened one of your six mouths and sang the song that ends the earth

I know the feeling. The hobby is almost a trap if you're young. I feel as if you need to be at least 18+ to actually understand what the fuck you're doing in a way. Of course there are exceptions, but the younger the kids the less they realize what they're getting into.

>mfw middle school me wanted a Warhammer army and accessories like a cool storage box but couldn't afford it and only had like a single old school lizardman saurus miniature
>mfw now I can buy whatever the fuck I want and have Battle Foam and a Forge World army
>mfw all the other "adults" on Veeky Forums whine 24/7 about how expensive it is

I am a nurse and as of now make 80k+ year, so each paycheck I splurge on Warhammer and rpg shit.
It's great having a house, car, wife, and money to do whatever I want with.
Beats being like most adults on here.

What's the joke with that pic of the red Mk. VI space marine model looking to the side? I see it on the 40k general and here frequently.

>middle class male nurse
>bragging about it

never ever change /tg

I just wanna seem cool..

No, change, Veeky Forums! I want Veeky Forums to gentrify so we get rid of all the idiots and poorfags who keep spamming for scans and chinaman links!

copy that! thanks

"En réponse à vous" means "In reply to you"
Remember user, not everybody speaks French here.

anyone got like a size comparison between onager dunecrawler and a ghostkeel? I've never seen either of those models in play

I want to mount the ghostkeel body on the onager legs kind of like pic related but if the scale is off it'd look absoloutely bizzare.

paint the surface you want to do in gemstone either white or some other very light color. Coat it with a drop of gemstone paint and it will turn out really nice.

The red gemstone paint is alot harder to get a nice look out of than blue or green though, those two tend to turn out great every time

Blood drops on pauldrons should be painted

Crux Terminatus should be painted

While I like how dirty and battleworn they are, you got this effect from not taking your time. Alot of small stuff like the green paint you used for lights bleeding onto the light casings.

Overall, you did not do bad, they are good mini's, you just need to put a little more work into them and keep practicing.

>What's the joke with that pic of the red Mk. VI space marine model looking to the side? I see it on the 40k general and here frequently.

Emperor's Teeth, user, just how big of a can of worms do you want to open?

Just got these from Tectonic Craft Studios (Highly recommended) anyone want to chance a guess what GW army it's for?

Seriously though, these bases are pretty much the best bases I've ever seen and used, really really nice quality. Not even *that* expensive.

Here's the total lot of all of the trays, they look great, and most importantly feel amazing. Very polished...

Pretty.
Not super familiar with Fantasy so I don't know what army uses ample calvary and infantry

it better be empire.

I'm planning on getting the new Celestine. I have never painted a face in my life. Is this going to be a disaster or can I do this?

that be an elf army

Oh well actually thinking about it, these may have been misleading. Lots of Calvary indeed. The two big infantry bases, are for my two trebuchets! They need bases, as seen in pic related.

>two people having a perfectly normal and reasonable conversation about youths getting into what is unarguably an expensive hobby
>yea well I make 80k a year and have a wife lol btfo poorfag
I really wish people like you would leave instead, not just Veeky Forums, but all of earth.

I too, wish people who shitpost 2 hours afterwards would leave the Earth.

just take as long as it needs to look good, maybe watch a guide on painting the eyes.

So how should I make a base look good?
What are good matierals to use and where to get them?

Thanks for the yous

>follow this general and shitpost on time or else REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Idk

Funny enough, I'm less intimidated about Celestine herself because she doesn't have pupils (could add those if I felt like it I suppose). Her bodyguards don't have the same effect on the box. Then again, I could just give them all glowing eyes.

duncan has a guide for celestine up on youtube, that should be a good intro for it.

finished my thousand sons tac squad for BoP

also finished: ogryn w/ stub gun.

>lay down sand or dirt preferably pretty large grains
>basecoat
>drybrush
>lighter drybrush
>stick some patches of grass, tufts, bushels, snow.
There's a million different things you could do, secret weapon, army painter and woodland scenics all make some pretty good stuff for basing,
Also have a watch of eons of battle on youtube if you want to go for a more diy route.

That's not an ogryn it's just a fat guy.

Thanks user I'll give this a go. For my first time should I paint some of the mud on boots or anything? Or just leave it? What's better/what do people do more?

Evidently quite a large can

Those are fuckin baller m8

I started a Blood Angels army.

that looks like a lot of detail, theyre going to be fun to paint :)

What's the best alternative to Super Clean for kiwis? I can't find it here.

It's why I chose them. I started with Tau because I wanted to play them, but I'm really looking forward to painting Blood Angels.
My Rhodesian Fire Warriors are coming along.

You can't learn unless you try.
But hold back on it, it's better to under do an effect that over do it.

fuck

Ouch. Will it fix?

haha oh man. look like some pretty clean breaks at least

yeah, all at superglued joints so i put it back together fairly quickly. my fucking hear stopped when i dropped it though

Did I do good on building my first models, /wip/? I've tried to get every moldline I've seen!

Also, what humidity is good for priming? It's been raining all week and it just stopped, so I want to know what humidity is fine for priming.

>tfw I got a unit of scibor minotaurs kicking around somewhere, half assembled

>implying the option of "don't shitpost" and "don't drag up old shitposts" isn't the obvious and clear choice

>REEEES first then accuses calmer people of REEEing

Pls no REE

I know I know...thin my paints... With the grail knights I"m working on, I'm trying with more water

This is the first mini I've ever done, pls no bully

I'm hoping that since I have ten thousand clanrats that I'll git gud by the end of it.

I got the Island of Blood Pack last year and finally got around to start them.

Any tips for a Guard player trying to convert some Outriders into Rough Riders? I don't even know where to start.

Fucking nice for your first! I would add some shades and highlights and you'd be good to go.

Resin was a mistake.

Thanks user, what exactly should I highlight? I kind of fucked up the highlighting on the clothes, as that bright pink is supposed to be the edge highlight, and the Runesilver didn't hardly highlight at all on the leadbelcher. Pretty much the face is the only thing the highlight worked on.

You posted him too many times on Veeky Forums. The curse of WIP has fallen upon the hapless miniature.

I just (badly) magnetized 3 tyranid warriors.

It took fucking hours so many arms and they aren't even a good unit.

that was his brother, Ogryn Mc.Samecast

This is why I only magnetize expensive shit like FW vehicles. Regular plastic faggots I'll just buy and build another one if I really have to, like a Terminator or Tactical Marine sergeant or some shit.

STOP FOOL YOU'LL DOOM THEM ALL

>mfw that long, thin blade

glue it back together
wrap in thin strips of green stuff
paint white
bandages

Warriors are particularly bad because they have four arms and a dozen weapon options some of which use both arms to hold a gun and others that don't.

Doing things like monstrous creatures is no big deal.

You know what you must do.

>Shiva Warriors

I want to do two tone camo on this tank, what shade of dark blue should i go with here?
I know it's fuzzy, i'll have to strip it later.

ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Satan-Twins-Pro-Painted-/301992349728?hash=item4650259020:g:2IwAAOSwNuxXaZji
>Pro Painted

Jesus who in the hell would even consider buying those?

How much do the unpainted figures go for, so I know how much I'm getting ripped off?

Looks like $150 for first-run resin, $90 for encore releases. Kinda OOP until the $25 plastics from the recent Kickstarter start being available.

i want a johnny

If anyone pays that, I'm pretty sure this timeline is fucked.

Sounds like snake oil m8.

What a waste of a Bret! Strip and start again and treat as a learning experience.

Is that you church user?

IT WASN'T A CHURCH!!!!!!

This is the most complicated model I've taken on as a commission. Will also be the first time I leave so many parts separate for painting.

It's Kabuki's Celestial Knight. I would not recommend buying from them. They sent me this by mistake instead of their "totally not Mortarion" model and after some shitty customer service basically left me stuck with this guy.

Thankfully I found a local guy who wanted him and also wants me to paint it for him. So here we are.

Posting again to gather feedback before thinking about doing this to all 20 of my Wulfen.

Arms are magnetised and will be flush on the final ones.

This is a rough prototype. End result will be cleaner.

Lahmian Medium

Khorne Berzerker legs!

So who else didn't get their Secret Santa?

Oh shit. Did you guys do it again? I still have mine from 2015 Secret Santa. I got chocolates and Reaper minis. And a lucky d20 I still use to this day

No, no. It's fine brother.
We use skulls and chains to adorn marines all the time.
Please ignore the fact that they are being worn by a mutant. He's a normal fellow, just hasn't shaved this year or cut his nails.

Also space wolves trapped in the eye have a thing for looting chaos armor to replace their broken stuff.