Lycanthropy

So, I DM a group that some how all have lycanthropy of some sort in their back story and it forces me to tell them everytime there is a full moon and then they complain about being a lycanthrope. They have killed a group member because he was a were-rat and not a werewolf, and they have slaughtered a farming family with a newborn.So I need a way to stop all this bullshit lycanthropy. Please and thank you

If they all have it wouldn't they all black out at the same time? Just forget about it until the next full moon and have them all wake up in the same naked pile

Full moons now happen only during overcast nights of non-stop rain.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have to vent about the Storyteller for my Werewolf game. How do we get across that we want grounded stories about establishing territory for our pack and dealing with the alienation that comes with our characters' condition? He just keeps dropping leads about tombs full of gold for some reason.

The thing you're asking? Tell it to him in the form of a request.

Sooo... they wig out once a month, right on schedule? As a DM, you should make as many female period jokes and that time of the month innuendos as you can. Make it flowers, tissues and chocolates can stop them from transforming.

They took lycanthropy and they deserve the consequences. This is a massive plot hook you're wasting here. Have them look for the cure and spend months on a journey to cure themselves.

Well you DM is rail roading hard and doesn't want you to get side tracked with your pack territory. I suggest having a conversation with you DM and discussing what your group wants and what your DM wants and see if you can make it work so you both get what you want. But you DM should be telling a story makes you guys happy, not taking roading had as fuck.

Lol. Nice samefagging OP. Stop pretending you even have a group.

Make it a curse offer a cure for the lycanthropy. It shouldn't be "fun" being a werewolf. Let the NPC's be both afraid and suspicious off your PC's. As mention by another user, let them black out and not remember what they have done, let them wake up in a house covered in blood etc.

Simple dungeon crawler game, 90% of these games are set with these goals. How does the rest of the group feel? Do they want to do a pack game? Or be roaming murderers?

If you all want to give it a shot then talk to the gm and say "hey, we were kinda wondering if we could try and raise our pack status?" Don't just take a left turn and throw him off, it will end up being lackluster and making everyone upset.

As for OP, few choices, what I'm getting is you don't like that he's always killing things? You could do the easy thing and give him a tool/cage that locks him up for the night, but he loses good night rest that night. You could have him just go out and kill a few deer then wake up covered in animal guys. If you wanted to allow him to try and break the curse then that's a beautiful side quest lined up nice and beat, have him track down someone.who was cured, go on a quest, fight some sort of beast, fight his inner wolf, fight another werewolf alpha who thinks he's weak, so much to do.

If he wants to stay a werewolf but hates losing control, then have home go on a spirit quest and commune with his inner wolf, seek out another tribe who has full control, wake up next to another baked person who wolfed out.

What do you have in mind?

Pretty sure OP was responding to the other user's question, not trying to pull a ruse

Agreed, it looks like he just forgot to click the post

Don't worry, this looks likes just lycanthropy general.

Like, what sort of upgrades can you give your werewolf player?

a gigantic furry cock that has its own mind and demands it be called Edmond

That's so gross, why would you even put that in a game, "Edmond" fucking sicko

It's 3 PC killing and hunters are after the werewolves.curing them could work but hair of the dog theory wouldn't really work and a purification water would never be allowed to them do to their character racer's. So if you know of any way that might get rid of their lycanthropy. I even thought about saying a group of wizards were hired to destroy the moon and completely stop all lycanthropy

sometimes it depends on the setting, sometimes it depends on the system.

But honestly make it up, i found that for the most part you can get away with any effect if you say its a magic ritual, most people are here for the ride not what the name is on the side.

if you want it to be
> Kill the werewolf that turned you and everyone after them will be cured
> you need The heart of a powerful hagraven mother dipped in the waters of the great mountain, then consume the heart the next time you are about to change, only then will the curse be at rest.

Just find something you think the player will enjoy, wether it be murder, or a heroic quest, or even a mystery

> it is known that Josiah Cain managed to cure his lycanthropy and be free, so you seek him out, however when you track down his home in Blackreach the door has been bashed open, the room is torn apart, furniture tossed about, claw marks in the wall, and a single bloody paw print leading out the back door.

Do what you think is fun, anything is possible, and if the player calls you on it (like a douche) then say its ancient blood magic, which the power of lycanthropy was founded on

Have the bbeg destroy the moon as part of his plan so all luna magic including lycanthropy curses fail

or the very opposite! this causes an steroid belt of moon chunks to always be in orbit, so lunar curses are 24/7, you must fix it!

or, moon rocks fall form the sky and werewolves wear these stones to stay transformed all the time

This poat is made of good ideas.

buuuuump