EDH/Commander General

Manly Melee Men edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread question: Have you ever tried an underrepresented tribe, and what did you think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hannas-superfriend-pillowship/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-10-16-mistform-ultimus/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dwarves are dumb.

well fuck you too buddy

Although this card is not from a mechanically under-represented tribe, are manly melee women acceptable?

>This salty.

Do all midgets have a temper this short?

user, we just started a new theead. . . And the correct term is manlet

Probably
Nice one tho

what cards from AER are you adding to your decks? I'm adding the lizard to my Xenagos deck. having two other creatures when it etb can make it hit for 26 the turn it comes out. plus the art is beautiful.

also, I'm adding Yahenni to my Anowon vampire tribal deck.

I want to bad things with pic related using creature Karn, Ashnod's Altar, Mimic Vat and Mirrorworks

>Thread question: Have you ever tried an underrepresented tribe, and what did you think of it?
Does Kangee bird tribal count? Cause she's fun as shit.

>Does Kangee bird tribal count?
Absolutely

spicy Jhoira tech

Birds are way too fun, people don't expect to get beaten up by ten 1/1 birds with flying that each have +9/+9

>mfw looking at the prices of Angus Mackenzie decks
Do these people shit money and harvest it?

Any opinions about how best to do "energy matters" in EDH? Not really any Commanders that help with it.

Dunno. I was thinking a sacrifice-heavy commander to pair off with Aetherworks Marvel but I really don't know

I've only played her with friends on Cockatrice, but she's a damn blast and pretty affordable. Think I should get her in paper?

I've also only played it on cockatrice, but am halfway through getting the pieces on paper, I'd say go for it

Run something very blue or black, you need to dig hard for your energy makers

>someone actually made a thread with a proper title, topic and question
thank you
also my prerelease is about to begin, wish me luck getting a paradox engine for Dralnu

RG energy beats ft. Xenagos
best colours to amass a ton of energy, and green lets you dig out your payloads

Yeah, but you want Red and Green for infinite attacks and infinite/infinite tramplers. Probably Jund, maybe even Sans White? Shattergang Bros could be interesting.

Hell yeah.

Make sure to get some tokens tho, atleast 10

Who said anything about combo? Run GG. Blue has some neat synergies when it comes to zombies. Not to mention the UB-identity cards.

Auuugh! Can you like, not? The term is 'vertically challenged'

That is not an acceptable posting style.

>Underrepresented tribe
Well, in EDH clerics seem to be pretty rare tribe, and I have my Ayli.
I also have Dragon tribal and zombies&wizards on the way. They're most common tribes though, with goblins.
I did hydra/hellion tribal at one point, it was bad.

List?

Stop being an insensitive shitlord. Besides, he got BLACKED and for once it turned out to be a good thing.

>Dragon tribal
Honestly, Dragon tribal is over-represented. Zirilan, Atarka, Karrthus, Intet, Scion.

Yeah, I said that it was one of the more common tribes in EDH. I run Bladewing, which I haven't really seen that much.

>Have you ever tried an underrepresented tribe?
My hazezon deck was warrior tribal to start, but it didnt last long. I still try to include warrior stuff when I can tho.

Also I saw someone say Scout tribal the other day. That looks fun, and theres a ton of scout support.

I agree. That being said, I like other Balthor as long as you can get rid of everyones graveyards.

Fuck Jhoira, this bad boy is going to get proteus staffd so hard in talrand.

Birds and Rats were both fun. Dicks out for Harambe (Apes) never worked well. Nowadays way too much board wiping infests my meta to make tribal worthwhile.

You'd shuffle a defender into the deck, after it's already tutored expropriate and friends, and hope an annihilator 4 doesn't pop out?

Got a few good meme's for my Hanna deck.

Anyone want to help me fit Counterbalance, Treachery, Oblivion Stone, Path to Exile and maybe Avacyn Angel of Hope into this deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hannas-superfriend-pillowship/

It has been pretty fun to pilot but still needs some tuning. I a going to pick up some of those utility fog lands like Kor Haven

Angus himself is pricey and you have to run Moat not to mention Tundra, Savannah and Tropical Island.

>proteus staff into him, tutor a big creature to hand
>proteus staff him into the deck and get one of the four other giant creatures I could get.

You are right though, its probably shit.

What?

Oh wait, I misunderstood your first post. Yeah, go for it. Jank is life.

Me, I'm retarded.

Seems like I'm too. I thought you were mocking me because of my commander of choice.

Sram with a list of only equipment, auras and vehicles

But seriously he's going into my Kemba deck as a pseudo Puresteel Paladin.

I wanted to make a "blue tribal" centered around weird tribal synergies with Mistgorm Ultimus but the draft was terrible and I never got around to polishing it.

Do like a Mistform Assembly-Worker tribal.

That sounds pretty fun dude. Call to The Kindred comes to mind.

I'm putting Hope of Ghirapur and Scrap Trawler in my Feldon deck. Potentially stopping non-creature spells for a turn or two against certain decks like Narset, Proteus Melek, etc seems really strong

That card is legendary so no copying it.

Will this let me put down legendary creatures copies? Why doesn't everyone run this in their Trostani deck?

Third times the charm, user.

see i am retarded, please tell me if this will work

SHIT, you're right. Won't work unless Mirror Gallery is out

It works, but you first have to get a token of the legendary permanent.

38 land and 5 rocks good for a gitrog deck or should I add more land

>can't copy legendary

Mirrorpool can do that for you

That was one of the first cards I added.

Here's the list I had planned but I never got around to getting the cards on paper and also I am not good at building mono blue.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-10-16-mistform-ultimus/

This list

Yeah, sure, but I wouldn't run Mirror Gallery with a single token creator which is a single use anyway

Just packed this lads, what do

Need some help determining whether I should upgrade Yidris or not. What do you guys think of this list?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/

Make it rain

Post em lads, I will try to do more of my own decks as well

Karn, or Ugin?

now pull that apart and make a good sidisi deck with ad nauseam and tendrils

I got a Karnwalker for my Hanna Superfriends and would much rather have Ugin.

If I reset the game with Karn ult people will just scoop, otherwise he is just a few exiles before dying.

Ugin may only have that 3 damage burn but he can wipe the board up pretty well for 6-7 CMC and his ultimate is straight up value that doesn't just autowin the game.

Why doesn't this see more play

Sell it, buy a non-foil one and whatever other shit you need

I tried this guy out with cephalid tribal.

Very fun, the commander himself isn't bad, In fact, he's awesome. The actual cephalids themselves leave alot to be desired. Lots of changelings and clones too.

All in all,pretty interesting deck

>My melek deck vs an Atraxa deck 1v1
>Atraxa has me on the ropes all game
>managed to bounce her enough times to the point where she can't kill me along with having Talrend Drakes out to chump block
>down to 5 health, next hit will kill
>Pyromancer's goggles out
>top deck Reiterate
>Seething song in hand
>Gob Electromancer on board

>Drop Sphynx-bone wand
>use Goggles to play and copy seething song
>cast reiterate on the original seething song with buyback
>go infinite with Seething song/Reiterate
>infinite Wand triggers

That was the most exhilarating game I've played as this junk commander, holy shit

>Atraxa decks

It wasn't fun, that's for sure

It felt even better when I beat him

The only atraxa deck I've seen so far that was tolerable was infect, but only to get the first poison counter on you, then pillowforting and finding every proliferator available to time you out.

Pretty fun one to play against

>invite friends over for EDH night
>get raped 4 games in a row

What decks you play?

golgari
so i am an open cuck

No the games went great, they just held me down and put cucumbers into my butt afterward, while rubbing butter on my face and calling me a slutty little potato

Glad you had fun,
What decks do you play?

posting the not huge empty one.

If you're willing to buy Angus why not go all the way?

So I kinda want to build Nekusar because I like the wheel mechanic and especially interactions with cards like Waste Not, but my group has told me not to build him because its super boring and predictable. So I have Shu Yun, Karlov, and Zedruu on my to-build list. Any suggestions on which one I should build?

build nekusar, never listen to your group

this is me too.

>be new at commander, decide to buy atraxa deck because +1/+1 counters easiest to play
>friend buys breya, modifies it
>friend comes over, start playing 1v1
>he plays a sword of feast and famine masterwork
>ok fine, it's fine
>he plays a sword of fire and ice also masterwork
>what the fuck is going on
>he plays a hangarback walker also masterwork and equips the swords to it
>he attacks me with it and untaps all his lands and shits out artifacts
>wins all matches
>tells me he's going to build oloro for next time

how fucked am i?

Build degenerate stax and hard fuck him.

Either he had the luckiest booster pulls and draw of all time or he's an asshole

Chances are he's an asshole

Build hidetsugu with a shit ton of artifact hate and ask him if this is fun yet afterwards.

We're doing these again? Because this is absolutely the most fun deck I have ever played in this format

play null rod/stony silence

Build nekusar, fuck waste not and play infect instead. Ive had nekusar for a year and ive played it every way except for tokens, clonetribal, and doomsday and its honestly my favorite commander. Hes one of the only viable burn decks in edh and hes glorious.

I guess I havent played time walks or stax, but the point stands.

>infect
For what reason? Infect is fucking degenerate and is the best way to make everyone mad at the table.

he's been collecting/buying all the masterworks

I keep telling him that we should find 2 more players to get the legit commander experience (because i also know he will get shat on by 3 players instead of 1.

Qq boi, infect is perfectly fine compared to waste not in nekusar.

Sorry I'm not a tryhard spike, faggot. I like having fun and not playing T4 and under games.

>Infect is fucking degenerate
Infect is pretty low on the list of most degenerate things you can do

It's literally playing an infect creature, pumping it, swinging for 10, then saying "i win". It's fucking cheap and not fun for anyone involved.