Making a "hell" for a setting , and the hell is based on the United States...

Making a "hell" for a setting , and the hell is based on the United States. What are the most hellish aspects of each state?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
youtube.com/watch?v=cDm_ZHyYTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=YlaicBjFfVc
youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anywhere blacks or Jews live, for different reasons.

I made a hellish version of Massachusetts for my current D&D setting. I decided on having it constantly "snowing" glowing hot embers. Imagine a burning blizzard.

When bad people die in your Hell, they should go to Detroit.

For Washington I imagine driving in Seattle, but we're pretty tame by most standards

washington you sit in a room with 50 other people and everyone but you gets to vote on how the torture goes

North St. Louis wins for Missouri.

Between the failed Pruitt-Igoe projects and the period of apocyalyptic gang warfare that followed their demolition, there were actually a couple of small municipalities on the northern end of the city where literally everyone was murdered or fled their homes.

...and then pic related happened the other year.

California is basically a Nazi work/death camp. it's ruled by greed, lust, and envy. the closer you get to the city the more despicable and diabolic the demons and devils get. while the cities are prosperous by hells standards, they are also extremely dangerous. if you don't agree with the ruling class of the cities in public, you can expect some of the worst kinds of torture. surprisingly, none of the hellions outside of the cities privately agree with these opinions.

all the rest of hell desires to see California fall into the flaming abyss, as it has to support the very existence of it somehow, while it gives nothing in return.

>What are the most hellish aspects of each state?

Ohio is exactly the same as it is normally.

Kudzu. Creeping, choking, devouring kudzu.

The Boston RMV aka "Satan's Asshole". There's a line to wait in to figure out which line you should wait in to figure out which paperwork you should file and then a line to figure out what line to wait in so that you can file the paperwork.
Then you find out that you did the paperwork wrong and get sent to the complaints line before being directed back to the first line to start over.

>butthurt middle americans

Make Florida like Blightown from Dark Souls. Basically a massive swamp full of deadly creatures and caustic toxins.

I live in southern California. we feel this way.

He's right, you know.

Tourists

Pennsylvania, spiritual home of Silent Hill, see Centralia.

North Carolina is just kind of hell in general.
Different areas are hell for different reasons, but on the whole, it is hell.

Everything between Hellginia and Hellvada is nothing but oceans of ferocious demon corn

So everywhere but alaska?

this might help.

He who eats the Devils corn reaps the Devils cob

Michigan has been devoured by Detroit.

To be fair, most of those searches in Indiana were looking up sugar cream pie recipes

Chicago, You make one turn, and next thing you know, the entire party is dead because of chimpery

All of Florida is already being warped by the fever dreams of a sleeping madness God, so just use the whole state.

Other than absolutely no one knowing how to drive, I can't really come up with too much for Georgia. Every other bad thing around here I can think of, someone else has worse.

Meth heads in a couple of places I guess?

The entirety of Atlanta has been consumed by the Tom Moreland Interchange

>the weather in Hell-Maryland changes every two minutes
>GIANT DEMON CRABS

Wasn't there already a Veeky Forums-made setting about a 51st state that was basically hell that you could only get to through odd, ignored highways in teh west?

Ohio fag reporting in. Only hellish aspect of this place is how insane the weather is sometimes. For the most part were a pretty vanilla state. Although there is the whole joke about it being a big deal for people to actually make it out of here. Maybe the hell Ohio is a mind trap. Everytime you think you're about to cross the border you just end up reentering the state.

New Jersey already has the highest population density.
Let's jack it up higher and higher and higher. Every single square inch will be the Hudson County area except a thousand times more people. Public transportation is even shittier, with every single timeslot cramped with too many loud, mean, selfish, smelly commuters - and that's if they even come in time at all. None of the conductors follow the same set of rules, and if one of them finds you've violated some byzantine code they just made up, you get fined into an afterlife of debt. The pollution memes become real, with every day leaving you sick to your stomach and buried in trash.
Every single house is shitty, cramped, overpriced "economic" apartments. Everyone is a mean asshole in thousands of dollars of debt waging away hour after hour after hour in office cubicles, convinced that they've made good decisions in life. Just about every single person in any seat of power is as corrupt as they could possibly be.
So basically it's Paranoia.

>Hellklahoma
>In the summer, everything catches fire and stays that way until October
>In the winter, enjoy rain, freezing rain, snow, hail, and gale force winds as the temperature goes up and down like a goddamn yo-yo
>In the spring, rain, torrential rain, tornadoes, and thunderstorms
>Basically, the weather is super exaggerated and trying to kill you at all times, and changes on a dime.
>The less said about the natives and the wildlife, the better.

What, you mean Guam?

Ohio:
> Roving clouds of poo gas (which are exactly what they sound like)
> Rampaging families (tribes) of people wearing red sports jerseys; they will fight you if they think you're from Michigan, and they think everyone not of their tribe is from Michigan
> Cleveland is an actual Hellmouth, where the river burns bright in the night like a flaming serpent's tongue
> Cleveland's economy is based on LeBron James
> There are towns, but no one lives in them. It looks like a neutron bomb went off fifty years ago.
> Everyone is drug-addled. You can tell the drug dealers because they drive $100,000 sports cars up to single-story crack-shacks
> The airport in the state capital only has connecting flights, and a flight anywhere has a six hour layover in Atlanta

>while it gives nothing in return
Isn't California like the fifth largest economy in the world?

>> Cleveland's economy is based on LeBron James

Pennsylvania

>the literal underground fire that has been burning for decades without cease

So this then?

youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

>Utah

Populated with unsettlingly nice damned souls who never stop smiling or making a show of being effusively happy. They will swarm any outsider and smother them with good will and casserole. They will not stop until you assimilate or go insane. Don't let them know you're a sinner, and by no means remind them that this is Hell and they must be, too.

Landscape is high desert interrupted by salt basins and beet farms. Do not, under any circumstance, consider entering the idyllic white-picket towns that dot the landscape, unless you want to find out what sort of delightful spin Hell has interpreted polygamist compounds with. Stick to the slums and delapidated farmsteads instead. Avoid the "holy city" at the foot of the mountains – it's hard to tell the difference between true-form angels and eldritch horrors, after all.

Native demons subsist off of denial, repression, and hipocracy. Particularly zealous inhabitants may be blessed with a visitation (possession) by an angel (demon prince) and lead the locals in practicing hideous rights on any caught "sinners."

largest "Consumer" Economy. we do very little producing for anything.

Minnesota:
> Everyone is nice, and they resent you for it
> A burger costs $14
> A Somalian man stabbed you and passed out from using too much mercury-based skin whitening cream
> Everyone is in the performing arts for some reason, even though no one you know goes to the theater or orchestra
> Everything in 1/6 of Minneapolis is written in Hmong, widely considered to be the ugliest language of all time
> You're not quite sure, but you think you pissed an icicle
> It's too cold to breathe the air half the time, and the other half of the time it's too hot to go outside and the work crews have blocked half the roads
> They're talking about raising your taxes next year.

I thought California produced a bunch agriculturally, 90% plus of certain produce.

>Massachusetts
Being connected to the other 49 is a Hell all by itself.

That's not what wikipedia says.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
>California has a large productive economy. The state now ranks as the sixth largest economy in the world, behind The U.S., China, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom. The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reported that California’s GDP was $2.5 trillion in 2015, up 4.1 percent from a year earlier.

Texas
>Rivers of oil
>Burning heat
>Illegals stealing resources
>Giant herds of massive fucking bulls roam the land
>Guns everywhere but not a round to be found
>littering is punished with Crucifiction

Isn't Detroit hell on earth already?

>Unions take all they can, including the jobs of those they 'represent'

Louisiana's swamps are a fucking nightmare made reality.

Fellow Ohiofag here, user we're supposed to be making up Hellish aspects, not stating already existing ones.

Ohio is basically a toxic wasteland. The rivers catch on fire and the fish are poisonous; if you were going to exaggerate any aspect, exaggerate how absolutely unlivable and poisonous the land is. It's america's infected wound.

The Devil came down to Georgia, that's a saying I heard once.

youtube.com/watch?v=cDm_ZHyYTrg

youtube.com/watch?v=YlaicBjFfVc

>Florida

Everyone is either packing serious firepower and more than willing to use it, high on a number of legal and/or illegal drugs, or homeless and beyond desperate. You're sweating bullets 90% of the year and being eaten alive by mosquitoes. It's also the state where most old folks come to golf, drink, and die, not necessarily in that order.
Hell, you can only leave the state from one end.

But on a serious note, when you think about the fact that you almost graduated with some kids who actually went through with a pretty violent murder and that some of those who you did graduate with are dead already (barely even 5 years), shit gets a bit too real.

Hell is, as they say, other people. So, use the stereotypes related to each state's populace and make them even more grating.

>smoking

Ah yes, Minnesota. Or as my country like to call it, "Little Sweden".

>stuck in traffic for all eternity

I'm trying to think of stuff for Kentucky, but honestly it's not that bad. I mean, we're on the tail end of the Ohio (which is basically a giant humid bowl) but even then, at least we're not actual Ohio.

Shits pretty good here.

>Southern states love bbc

why do so many people say theres a hellmouth in cleveland?

youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

Ohio: inhabited by frogmen, Bigfoot and other beasts. Climate changes hourly. Traffic jams lasting for days.

Oklahoma here

every 5 minutes the weather changes, and it never ever settles on a mild weather. if its not a blizzard then its hot enough to cause a draught, if there isnt an earthquake theres a tornado, etc

the only way to keep yourself even remotely safe is to willingly to submit to an addiction and move in a meth house

does anyone have that infographic of the united states divided into supernatural creature territories?

For Kansas I would say the emptiness characteristic of the western portion of the state, but the eastern half isn't nearly so bad and several states are so much more empty. (God, there is NOTHING west of Lincoln in Nebraska. And even driving across Wyoming on I-80, the most populous corridor in the state, it's like a wasteland.)

Our politicians are neither uniquely corrupt nor uniquely stupid. Most of the state isn't particularly violent or crime-ridden.

I guess I would have to go with our terrible weather that can be terrible in any number of ways, and with quick turnaround from one terrible side to another. We don't get as severe of blizzards as frequently as many parts of the country, but I've seen like a foot and a half of snow in a single day (multiple times). High temperatures above 100 for weeks on end (usually accompanied by oppressive humidity). Temperatures that stay below zero - even at their highs - for days in a row, with howling north winds. Thunderstorms capable of producing unpredictable tornadoes (a classmate lost her house in first grade when a storm said "fuck this house in particular" -- just totally gone). Now we're getting earthquakes (none terribly destructive yet, thankfully). Oh, and this weekend my part of the state is projected to get as much as 1 inch of ice accumulation from freezing rain -- nine years ago a similar storm left huge swaths of the state without power for days. Amp all of that up to 11 and you have a fairly awful hellscape.

Southern states are divided into two segments: The nigger areas -- called brown town -- and everywhere else. They're treated as complete separate entities culture wise and rarely do the two mix.

So you get people who are surrounded by, but are smart enough not to want to go to, these nigger areas and want to see what is under the hood.

t., Mississippian.

Probably because there is.

Besides the rust belt malaise, the river there has actually caught fire, multple times.

Ebony is usually black on black, more than it is interracial.

plus the fish that live in it have been declared a biohazard.

Except for Mississippi and Texas.

As a Louisianan, I'm not surprised.

I don't know but something has always struck me creepy about California, especially in the 60s and 70s, I think partly because the emergence of many cults, Charles Manson, and hippies. I feel the latter one helped bring about the first two.

Meant to quote

The only music that can play, is Bruce Springsteen. Any musician or recording that try's to play anything else ends up playing Born in the USA, no matter what.

Hellsechusetts

All of the state is bracketed by highly mutable weather. Snow to rain to scorching heat to blasting winds and back in a day or less. Not the most intense, but impossible to adapt to or prepare for.

The cities are places of deep and wildly esoteric lore. Knowledge is the only way to advance, but it is also almost impossible to acquire. Those who know too much, too little, or simply the wrong things can expect to be taken, their voices adding to the wailing chorus issuing from the unspeakable laboratories of the learned elite.

The countryside is no better, though. Knowledge is proof of taint and sin, and the clannish locals persecute any who seem "off."

Wherever you go, the consuming water is a constant danger. No matter how far inland, you are never far from a river or pond full of terrible beasts. Or the flocks of hellish gulls, their razor beaks calling out dark secrets in a cacophony of dead languages.

>all these people posting without specifying the state

>NY
>Buffalo has bipolar weather, sometimes switching on the same day
>even the animals get confused
>Walking in certain areas of NYC is like being one bit in a sullen mass of walking people with no hope of swift delivery from the others
>The interesting sights in Times Square are overtaken by the hateful mass

Illinois. Dominated by 'The City of Black Winds' in it's northeastern corner, a den of corruption resented by the folk living elsewhere... Said city is surrounded by an endless expanse of demon corn, interspersed with countless little winding, twisting roads... Once you go in there, you never come out.

No, Washington is the circle of hell for Pride.

I live surrounded by most pretentious people I have ever met in my life. Everyone that I'm actually friends with here are all people that moved from out of state into Seattle area.

>mfw didn't read the sign properly and thought it said 'Hispanic Route 666'

>Fuckin' 290

LOOK I DUNNO

WHAT EVEN IS MARYLAND

WHAT DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT HERE BESIDES BALTIMORE

THIS ISN'T EVEN THE RIGHT KIND OF CRAB

The parts where fathers hate daughters so much they don't properly impregnate them.

>the eyes get bigger and further apart with eage generation, like an owl's
>owls don't have enough space in their skulls for large brains because of their eyes

WHAT DID WE TELL YOU ABOUT INCEST, LEOPOLD

>will always be better than mississippi
As someone who moved back and forth between both for a while, this is quite the claim.

At least, on their coastlines. I can't comment too much on their northern areas.

The Mississippian Gulf Coast area is influenced heavily by NOLA and Mobile. It doesn't have its own economic or social center. And no, Biloxi, Gulfport or Hattiesburg aren't big enough to pull any influence.

>implying that doing so is in any way, shape, or form, anything resembling paternal love

Who hurt you, user? What broke in your head?

Oh, the California part of Hell is really quite nice. Great weather, interesting people, good university system.

Rent's all your limbs/month, though. For a walk-in closet. Next to a freeway. Built sometime prior to the creation of the universe.

Ohio is inescapable. Once moved clear out to L.A. for a few years, then circumstances slowly began causing me to move closer and closer to Ohio again. Illinois, Pennsylvania... back into Ohio, then back within two miles of the house my family lived in when I was born. One day I expect to move back in there, returning to the source
We have what's called Lake Effect Weather, as Eerie stores and releases heat at a different rate than the air. Other states near the Great Lakes get it too, but it does seem more chaotic in Ohio
The Cuyahoga River has caught on fire more than once
We have the most serial killers per capita in the US
Ohio State and their fans have an ongoing war with Michigan that will last forever
Orange Barrel Season is actually year-round.
But the potholes still never get fixed
Road salt in the winters (and spring and fall) means our cars last half as long as they should before the rust eats them
90% of the state is cornfields, just like that one Twilight Zone episode
Redneck ghost towns left to the rust and rot

When I was in Mississippi I was in the Bay St. Louis/Waveland area, with family in Biloxi.

It was almost exactly the same as when I lived in NOLA. But with less niggers.

I came to this thread looking for your salt

>there were actually a couple of small municipalities on the northern end of the city where literally everyone was murdered or fled their homes.
What the fuck is wrong with you Amerifats? You guys are Syria-tier.

It's what happens when you can't keep a watchful eye everywhere because there's too much space to watch effectively.

The blind spots become... nightmares.

>Hellchigan
Shitty weather
Corrupt cops/unions/politicians because of Detroit
Shitty Weather
Niggers
Crime
Shitty Weather

Just to list a few.

Wyoming; hellish cold and isolation. I don't mind the isolation so much, but I nearly froze to death outside my house because I forgot my keys. See: hateful 8's opening

The people and politics and stuff here is pretty boring, unless you really hate weed/gays/etc. And all of that stuff is way worse in CA, NY, New England, Portland, etc. But I think we could do some fun stuff with nature in WA.

The entirety of Washington is constantly blanketed in an inch of volcanic ash daily from five different erupting volcanoes. The eternally gray sky fades into the featureless gray mass of the land, only to terminate at the battered waves of the cold gray Pacific.

West of the Cascade mountains is a constant never-ending light rain and monthly earthquakes, causing any slight slope to become a massive mudslide. Tsunamis wash away anything within miles of the coast, and killer whales eat anyone foolish enough to enter the water.

East of the Cascades, the Missoula floods have returned (thanks to the miles-thick constantly-shifting ice hellscape blanketing all of Canada). Every few years, an ice dam bursts and the entire landscape is blanketed in 300 feet of water going 100 mph and carrying boulders that would be called "mountains" on the East Coast. When the water is finally gone, the landscape reverts to a dry rocky badlands, populated only by rattlesnakes hiding in short-lived thickets of sagebrush.

In the Cascade and Olympic Mountains, spared the wrath of the floods and waves, a few hardy flora survive in the dark, muddy forests. The underbrush is choked by Himalayan Blackberry, their ancient vines grown almost as thick as the towering Cedars and Douglas Fir, and their thorns grown steel-hard and splinter-sharp with age. Between these massive brambles hide the near-invisible stinging nettles, their invisible poison hairs grown not to kill, but to torture. The pain of their sting lasts weeks, growing only more intense over time. Some victims of the sting hack off their limbs to escape the pain, others throw themselves on the blackberry spikes to end it quickly.

New York dweller here. People upstate would say the rubble of Buffalo is the worst, or maybe the parts of Niagara Falls where they don't want the tourists to go. Downstaters would say whichever borough they don't like that day.

In truth, no part of the state really sucks enough to be hell. Not since the eighties.

California: EVERYTHING