Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Culturally-Inspired Classes Edition
Have you ever rolled a character whose class is based off you or another foreign culture's class? I'm talking Hussars, Murmillo, Bokors, Shieldmaidens and the like.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer
github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/84
my.mixtape.moe/hpdcmg.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TAKING APPS FOR HELL'S VENGEANCE

Ignore the giantslayer in the link.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66405/giantslayer

Games on Tuesdays, Gestalt, 25pb, most 3pp allowed.

Join in!

That loli's tits are sagging too low.

Who is the most eligiable bachelor in Dragons? RotJR?

There's a spunky merfolk grappler, and a phat-butted tiefling rogue waiting for some more of you to submit your apps!

>yfw when the trap slot in Fluffy2.0 is still only one

Does nobody else want to make a trap or what?

Casimir.

I want to submit something into her!

Bored-posting art.

Just submitted my own.

>Have you ever rolled a character whose class is based off you or another foreign culture's class?

I'd honestly like help compiling a list actually.
Cavalier Hussars, Alchemist Plague Doctors, Barbarian Gladiators, Monk Taoists, etc.

What's a good foreign concept of a Wizard? Most people are familiar with the western hat and robed scholar.

I would but I already submitted a character

Some kind of eastern mystic.

I played a Spirit Warder Shaman in an undead heavy game. It felt pretty good, especially when I worked with the DM to get some of my culture thrown into the campaign with a few adjustments to the rules.

Hey, /pfg/! What plans do you have in the event that you get rejected from RotJR, Dragon, or Floofy?

I'll take my lewd dragon elsewhere!

considering i applied to all three of those

probably kill myself

>probably shooting to start mid-afternoon in EST time

nah

I'll retool my Fluffy character for an eventual evil campaign. Preferably Way of the Wicked.

Here's me flailing around again: If anybody here uses Hero Lab and likes the Medic class, I would appreciate any scripting help you could offer with an almost-complete version of the class and archetypes.

github.com/shadowchemosh/HL-Pack-Pathfinder/pull/84

I'm currently working on Avowed, but it will take forever since there are 150+ separate entries in the system to work through and that's before even adding pact abilities.

I know I'm going to get into at least one of them! At least one!

Don't let the huge tits and shameless personalities fool you, witches are horrible partners both on and off the battlefield!

I'll celebrate my relief like this.

my.mixtape.moe/hpdcmg.webm

Hey, at least the trap that applied did it without knowing it guaranteed them a slot, and they made a decent character to boot.

Not ONE of the campaigns is in a reasonable time sched for me.

Being in the south pacific sucks sometimes.

As the trap, the chances of me not making it into Fluffy are quite slim, so I'm not making plans for that eventuality. The rope is staying in the basement for now.

In case this ends up sticking as the true general, I'd like to ask here, too:

What do you guys figure would be a good way to lewd up a typical wanna-be evil overlord type?

I feel it'd be a good way to humanize him and give him a bit of levity to balance out his attempts at being an edgy manipulative sort, but as of right now all I've come up with is mind control shenanigans, and that's a little rapey-er than I'd like.

Stop posting that, you're scaring me!

I've always been a fan of this picture for witches, personally.

Give him an ab fetish.

If you don't like physically imposing women, then go for the legs/feet, and don't make it some sort of creepy caricature where he foams at the mouth the moment he sees a bit of thigh.

Oh, abs fetish happens to be quite nice--could work quite nicely if he's a more wizardly type who sees himself as recruiting some kind of knightly bodyguard. Or if he's a warrior who respects power first and foremost.

Do you think there's going to be a lot of salt over who ends up getting chosen for the various games reaching that point in the next few days?

I hope not. But there will be.

There wasn't a ton of salt over the comfy knight pics, so I'm hoping the same happens here.

There was never doubt.
This is but inevitability rearing a face that people have dreaded for months.

I'm glad I could be of assistance. The abs are so woefully underappreciated when they have plenty of potential.

Of course the salt will flow user, but thankfully the people who are socially maladjusted enough to get mad at other people for getting accepted won't actively make the game worse for the GM and his players, like they probably would have if they were accepted.

If anything I'm much more worried about the people who will mope about after not getting accepted. I feel sorry for them, but they need to realize there are only so many slots.

My friend will be running a parhfinder game for us in the coming weeks
I want to make an Obitu sorcerer. Are there any feats i can take to get around their -2 charisma?

How many spin off RotJRs do you think there will be?

I've been considering playing a witch in an upcoming pathfinder game. From what I've gathered they are obviously not at all meant to get into range but considering muskets and pistols are going to be in I'm thinking of giving her a rifle to lug around along with a small cauldron she wears on her back (thinking of making her a Hedge Witch) along with her witch hat being a modified Ten Gallon hat so her flying squirrel can live in it because when she flys around she's using her rifle to do so.

>not giving her a large cauldron she flies around in

There was that thought and I'm not opposed to it but the idea of flying around on a musket has it's appeal you know?

I'm hoping for a few so that I can get into one, but I'm not GM material so I can't provide any reassurance in that regard.

Usually foreign culture wizards are Sha'ir (arabian, rooted in mistical types who would commune with spirits/djinn and were also poets, really more likely to be Shaman archetypes with some Bard thrown in) and Wu Jen (fake chinese nonsense possibly based on 'Wu Ren' that translates to warlock or shaman, vaguely based on generally asian myticism)
... You could probably find a better idea.

Sounds fun user! Hope you have a good time with the character.

Nah. Text based. No need to try to RP with bitches that can't RP.

Sha'irs are actually interesting.
They're basically warlocks who gets spells from communing with Djinns.

Sadly 3e's was shit and PF's archetype is bland for a fucking occultist.

Everyone has gotten over Rise of the Jade Regent, user! I'm sure when the DM decides his players there will be absolutely nothing but smiles in the thread.

>not flying around on a cannon

Your optimism is beautiful user

Keep telling yourself that.

Kabbalist.

Of course it's an Occultist. I'm pretty sure they forgot they made a Shaman class.

Not been seeing many people mope about not getting into Molthune.

Whoops, thought I posted in this thread.

>That's super awesome, but I might recommend waiting a month or so on that. We're aiming to release Avowed 1, if we're happy with the results of a final (hopefully) update being pushed later tonight/this morning, towards the end of January/early February.

>It'd suck to get it all written into Hero Lab and then have it updated—also, if you shoot me an email (it's listed on my patreon), I can get you the raw text once we /do/ release, to make your life easier.

Windows 7. Dunno what it was.

Planned yes, currently not yet, also barrage will be getting a final set of adjustments anyway.

>it's the 'text based games aren't RP' meme

People who insist on text are typically groan zones to roleplay with.

Like dude, I want to talk to you, with voice and intonation and everything. Emotion is hard to convey in text, and conversations are like, 75% about conveying emotion.

What would a merfolk and goblin baby look like? Just wondering ha ha.

Some sort of abomination, probably.

Assuming a goblin can even fuck a merfolk, because I really doubt they can.

Like, dude, I don't want to talk to you. You're a whiny mouthbreather and the only emotion you can reliably convey is boredom.

You're a decent writer though.

>You're a whiny mouthbreather and the only emotion you can reliably convey is boredom.

I'm a little bit upset at that.

That's fair. Voice and text games are different sorts of RP. Personally, I don't enjoy RP-heavy voice/irl games. That sort of game tends to be most fun for me when it's more about the hanging-out-with-friends than focusing on characters and characterization.

On the other hand, many (not all) text RP games I've been in have tended to be... Less about that, more about the game. Loses some parts of intonation and emotion, but with skilled or enthusiastic players, that's not a big deal, and it's still very fun.

In a good group, you can read the emotions of a character out of words just based on context and flow of the scene. That's my ideal for text RP. Personally though I don't do pickup groups much, so I feel similarly about joining a blind roll20 game.

Some people are better at one or the other, or prefer one or the other. It is what it is, you know? Neither is superior, you just have a preference, just like me or them or anyone.

You know what else is a major part of conversation? Nonverbal queues like facial expressions and posture. Do you want to go all the way for the FULL EXPERIENCE or are you going to pussy out because you're uncomfortable?

Oh dang, that'd be cool. Thanks!

The key thing is right now I can do most of the grunt work. Even if the text of the abilities change later, that's not *nearly* as much as stuff like...

Well, to give you an example, at the moment I'm doing a bunch of mucking around dissecting bits of the core data files to figure out how to make pact selection, the least/lesser/greater/final clauses, and shapes all show up logically in the UI *and* export to stat sheets properly. There's a ton of hugely annoying caveats about variable interactions and rendering phases and two separate scripting languages crammed into the same data format and other stuff like that.

Compared to "what dumb workaround fuckery do I have to do to make this stuff actually output on the statblock like I want?", setting a bunch of ability text and changing ranges and stuff is easy.

I'm sorry, I can't quite figure out what you're trying to convey since you only posted it as text.

>I dislike when people have different comfort levels than me.

It's okay user, I'm sure you can breathe through your nose just fine.

Delete this

Can we just stop having this fucking argument every other thread and get back to shitposting about Onryou?

What if I'm a dumbie that can't write good with clever wordages cuz my vocabularium is lacking?

Onryou is a pure cinnamon loaf.

>exaggerate for sake of comedy to point out how silly this is
>this shit happens

guess I should have been more obvious

>and get back to shitposting about Onryou?

Why, we haven't shitposted about Onryou for an age!

No, Onryou is a cinnamon bun; warm, soft and dripping with thick glaze.

You have to record yourself explaining your position, otherwise we're not really having a conversation!

Eeek. Well, shoot me an email and I can toss you the text once I have the final stuff towards the end of the month.

Onryou's a big girl! She's not some little bun, she's a full hearty loaf!

Onryou's a big slut.

B-But, a loaf needs a lot of glaze! Where are we going to find that much of the sweet, sticky stuff?

>mfw the engine ignores the 'statblock line' setting for everything added under the class special category
>mfw even the goddamn software authors worked around this by adding Vigilante abilities under the racial special category instead of fixing it
>mfw when I have no face because my face exploded

But, yeah, I'll shoot you an email!

Not this far from Minkai she's not!

I think that Onryou is a pure carrot cake but the closer she gets to Minkai, the more she's going to want that cream cheese frosting

I wonder who could be behind this post

The things I'm going to suggest when the party gets close to Minkai are going to be downright disgusting.

She's a big girl, and she's got some *real deep* itches that need to be thoroughly scratched.

Why does everyone in here want to make furries and traps. Pretty degenerate desu.

View counts on RotJR applications means nothing, r-right? The ones that have 125+ views are just because they have a reply right?

Well there was that one user a few days ago who wanted to do the not!Russian Mulan-style reverse trap.

I want to make whatever's fun, user. A lot of things are fun to me. Including furries and traps.

They're the ones with sexy character art. I know this because I have viewed Valeriya's app on many a lonely night.

Look at her. She can't even stand up straight because of those huge things.

That's the thing, I always make strength-focused men or scruffy archers!

Oh you're precious, view count just means someone opened your page to see what's inside~

I really wish that user made the Irriseni reverse-trap girl! She seemed like a woman that would be incredibly useful for much of the campaign, and had huge cute potential for many of the male applicants!

I'm thinking of making a monk-inquisitor rapist with max ranks in profession (torturer).

Although I think I have gone over the top so I'm going to tone it down.

Atolm.
Bitches LOVE babbys.

>is what I have to tell myself if I want to get up in the morning

>They're the ones with sexy character art.

>Beriaden
>Sexy

It's okay user, sometimes I worry about whether people like my app too!

Everybody is somebody's kink, user.