Warhammer 40,000 general

Cadia stands! Edition.

>Previous thread
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

How will Creed escape Trazyn's tesseract? Ideas pls.

He wont, he's being written out of the game.

2nd for Sister Fister.

A baneblade blowing a hole in it from the inside out, obviously.

he infiltrates himself out of it after rolling the proper warlord trait

Nth for ork players

Guardsmen Who Do Not Namefag but have Distinctly Colored Armies That Everyone on the Thread now Knows By Name (GWDNN DCATET KBN, or Gwen-den D-catet K-ben for short!) REPORT IN IN THE NAME OF CADIA!

>Orks are a melee race
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

And I just bought my creed model a few weeks ago :(

Any Ork players present, how is this for a Big Mek mob?

Being dead stopped no one from being playable before.

guardfag user with the baneblade still here, shitposting on the general thread is a great way to kill a slow day at work

also im thinking about painting all my cadians shoulder pads black or something like that to mourn cadia, thoughts?

>No grot tanks

I repeat

My rep tells me that the eldar in the red suit is an old Autarch and that many will be surprised when they reveal his name

R8 please

I tried to make a list based on what i have, and what im likely to buy, but i think it might be garbage

>distinctly coloured
>same khaki green as every other guard player

:?

I beg to differ.

the stuff i don't have right now are the deathwatch and legionaries

Uranash Skyblade?

Black templars were hugely wiped out on cadia, ensuring they will fade into obscurity and never get special rules again. BT will be a footnote in the Imperial Fist rules in 8th.

can someone explain to me the idea behind the nurgle biker sorcerer thing?

Thats just proving user's point, Macharius was already dead when he was introduced.

Illegal/10

he had rules in two editions, mate

Yes, several characters were like that. They're gone now.

Drazhar reveals his true identity and will bridge the gap between humans, craftworld and deldar.

Might as well join in the list posting.
General puring list, don't know the army i'm gonna play but it wont have flyers.
Still don't know what psychic powers to roll for the librarian.

More templates, fewer troops.

>same khaki green as every other guard player
>guard
>go for the standard cadian 8th pattern with some embellishments on the shoulders
>paint my whole army only to realize it looks identical to every other guard army
FUCK

I made a mistake Veeky Forums!
What do I do about it that doesn't mean stripping and repainting everything?!

WW2 guard user here, army is at 80% painted now + a new baneblade in box, I'm gonna post pics soon of my progress

>Step 1: Take a bunch of T6 FNP bikers
>Step 2: Profit
Which step confuses you?

where is grey guardfag with neon orange bases? cadia needs him

I don't suppose you know a good way to paint digital camo on guards?

>Drazhar speaks.

I copy it here if you have not read it in the other thread:

Have similarities, removing the helmet... could be
Background explains that not all the autarchs use the same equipment, but I do not remember the name of any autarch.

look up video of daddy duncan painting digital camo on a camo cloak, just rescale that for a tank with some adjustments would be my suggestion

i get that, but why are sorcerers specifically so popular?

How is it illegal? The compulsories are 1 of chaos warband or plague colony
Only way you can get a sorcerer to T6 with 3 saves is MoN and a bike. The primaris power is worth taking alone, grants one enemy model Gets Hot, so it makes an enemy riptide or wraithknight commit suicide. Forced to go psyker level 3 to have the best chances of getting it off, and having a spell familiar for 15 points is just damn swell.

> clearly a more dark eldar helmet and quite majorly different armour in general
but user he's red and has spikey bits on his back

:^)

sorry this one was actually meant for you

Very sorry for you, and i'm a guard player, so by rights and lore I should hate you.

he was never inside it, Trazyn is Creed in disguise.

well vehicles seems easier, just use tape right? but infantry?!

I go for valhallan light blue and white camo. Tanna tea and balls of plasteel are the name of the game baby.

statline me Veeky Forums!

I don't think there any other Vostroyan Anons...

Reminds me of a lore question I haven't found the answer to yet:

It's said that Blood Axes will frequently hire themselves out to other races as mercenaries, but would they consider hiring other races as mercenaries for their own campaigns?

if they did nuadhu fireheart I'd be pretty surprised

It's probably just going to be eldanesh/ulthanesh, though. They're the only relevant non-phoenix lord names I can think of.

What would you suggest for inquisition tempestus?

It has to do with weapon options.

>Step 1: Cast Blessings on your T6 FNP bikers
>Step 2: Profit
Which step confuses you?

like i said warhammer TV has multiple guides for digital camo on vehicles and people

Those back spikes are straight off an incubus.

And he's Kabal of the Flayed Skull colors, which is the newest kabal and scheme that they were pushing in the most recent DE book.

>no major BT characters were on Cadia
>BT had extra marines to spare anyways and now have an excuse to start up several new crusades
>the imperium will be so focused on stopping abbadon no one will question the fact that Helbrecht is mobilizing a new force that is way over chapter limits

Will this lose me friends?

Castellans Detachment 1250

>HQ
Celestine 200
Veridyan 85

>Troops
4x
Battle Sisters x5 135
HF+Flamer
TLMMolator

>FA
Seraphim x10 180
Hand Flamer x2

Dominions x5
Melta x4
TLMM

>HS
Retributers x10
Heavy Bolter x4
Simulacrum

WS2, BS2, S2, T2, W1, I2, A1, LD7 6+ 6++

uranash is alive?

Oh for fucks sakes I don't want some new character being introduced when DEldar have probably the coolest and most diverse range of characters (in the canon anyway) already

are any of your friends orkz or nids?

>which is the newest kabal
They're from third edition. Kruellagh the Vile's kabal, and were about half of the studio models from the same time.

>Preferred Enemy (Grey Plastic)

as far as camo goes? Tempestus go as tempestus must, if they're on the inquisition's payroll, they can afford two sets of clothes, so probably black if they're assisting the inquisition. If you wanted less lorefaggy ideas, grey, probably, great neutral colour.

Speaking of Grot Tanks, is it better to field those with the Grot Mega Tank or the Mek Boy Junka?

bikes gives you extra +1 Toughness on top of the +1 T reroll FnP and shrouded DG get.

Its just a very Unfluffy way of making your HQ units even harder to kill.

Its also a great way to differentiate DG players who play the legion for its lore and the ones who play it for the rules and they think their lore is "alright".

Still there are MUCH meaner comps in the game right now. and people who call others "waac" just for fielding with DG rules are prissy manlets. But latter applies to more than just DG, just because someone likes the aethestics of Craftworlds-Eldar doesnt mean theyre intentionally being a powergaming sore-winner/loser.

Hold the Line for the God- Emperor and for our fallen brothers of Cadia anons!!
Show me your games and armies anons.
Also what is everyone up to? Any hobbying? I might do some late night priming on my models just to get it done. And any tips to offer on converting some Outriders to Rough Riders? I'm still a little unsure on how to do it.

WS BS S T W I A LD
7 1 1 1 1 10 2 10

I guess that if you want to play an army with a shitload of troopers you have to stick with plastic kit... Well, at least you HAD, because the price of of a cadian kit was multiplied by two over the last 10 years.

Haven't seen my Ork/Nid friends since 5th, sadly.

They're probably too proud to hire others to fight for them.

Green is best.

WS10 BS2 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld5 Master-crafted

I'm still new to 40k/painting

What do you think of my archon/venom/talos thus far? I still need to try and get more yellow highlights on the archon and Venom soldiers' armor, and I need to pick up some sort of green for the talos' ichor injector and his respirator cord

I don't think its ever going to be possible to make anyone hate you for playing SoB.

Well, it's no unheard of.

In the Baneblade novel, I believe they described some of the Humans working as guards in an Ork held Imperial Hive to be mercenaries.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I went with this color scheme; but i have NO IDEA how to paint my chimera

the Imperium would truly be lost with you grey guard user, never has a line been so thoroughly held.

Bronze body, silver and gold trim.

Balls-out stormtroopers. Truly the Emperor's finest.

bees/10

thin your paints, apply wash

Wasn't sure with all the Celestine frothing at the mouth here.

Also, I just had a thought:

With the Casellen detachment, I'm fairly certain you're allowed to have 4 HQs with EW.

>Cloak of St Aspiria from AS
>Cloak of St Aspiria from IA
>Shroud of the Anti-Martyr
>Celestine

The Killkannon on the battlewagon forces the Flash Gitz to snapshoot
Put a Supa-Kannon on it instead

fuck yes, they are chosen by the inquisition - damn straight they are in gold

Kruellagh is the Archon of the Emasculators.

Although it does say affiliated with the kabal of the flayed skull. Interesting.

They're colors have come a long way from then, however. Red-black was one of the three generic schemes of the time, while this is quite distinct.

My lore explanation for the Knight is that it was looted by the boyz and the Mek piloting it is paranoid when anyone gets too close to his prize. Hence, One Eye Open.

Wrong image. Meant to stitch them together.

It's a tad blurry, but your paints look a little thick, and overall they're kinda flat. Washes will go a long way and so will. Highlighting. I've seen much worse put on the table, though.

the Celestine anger comes from people that know shes just going to be abused in WAAC imperial armies. A 100% SoB army with Celestine is to be expected, and will make them more interesting to play against.

I honestly see more like the autarch than the incubus In those images.

According to eldar codex this is Uranash Skyblade Autarch

more like all their shoulder pads are black because SISTER FISTER THEIR BLACK BANEBLADE

>Cloak of St Aspiria from AS
>Cloak of St Aspiria from IA
I will be eternally grateful to IA and FoC for showing us, once and for all, that Inquisition "players" and Sisterfags are a bunch of powergaming fucknuggets.

I've been wanting to build an Inquisitorial warband for a while and have been stuck debating options.

BS3 Carapace Bolter Henchmen with 3 specials in a Chimera
Or
BS4 Carapace Bolter Henchmen with 2 special weapons in a Taurox Prime.

Both squads are MSU sized and Carapace is honestly only three because I want to use the Scion models.

The hidden plus side for Scions is that I can run them in a Castellan and buff them with some Guard toys inside the same FOC. Flip side is I can do that with C:AI and formations too.

Thoughts?

That little hobgoblin thing looks so cheery
>oh boy boss, we're gonna go capture and torture 'em good ain't we?!

you don't need to worry about one eye open, you're allies of convenience

WS10 BS6 S3 T4 W3 I7 A6 LD10 2+ 4++

Unit Type Jump-Jet pack Infantry(Character)

Special Rules:
Independent Character
Fearless
Preferred Enemy (Grey Plastic)
Slow and Purposeful
Psyker(Mastery Level 4)
Rampage
Feel No Paint(2+)

Wargear:
Artificer Armor
Iron Halo
Brace of Brushes
Paint Bandolier
Rattlecan Jump Pack
Paint Pot Grenades
Relic: Artificer Brush

Artificer Brush: Range: Melee S+3 AP- Master-Crafted, Shred, Plasticbane

Brace of Brushes: Duncan always counts as having two close combat weapons.

Paint Bandolier: Duncan has a bandolier with every citadel paint known to man affixed to micro-missiles. At the press of a button he can fire any number of paint pots in a barrage.

Range: 24" S4 AP6 Concussive, Large Blast, Barrage, Ignores Cover, Shred, Assault 3

Paint Pot Grenades: Duncan counts as having Assault and Defensive Grenades.

Rattlecan Jump Pack: Duncan counts as unit type Jet-pack Infantry AND Jump Pack Infantry gaining the special rules and movement distances of both.

>Love Ork fluff, models, conversions and painting
>Hate their rules and hate playing them
>No other army appeals to me

what colours would you recommend for washes? I've been basing all my yellows with averland sunset and I layered the talos with flash gitz yellow since I felt the big chunks were too dark.

Only take actual henchmen for flamer and bolter luggers. Don't give them any armor or upgrades, they're going to die anyways.

Scions for everything else.

I think you're better off using the Scion rules over Acolytes, use henchmen for stuff you cant get elsewhere like Crusaders/priests/death cultists, plus with the Castellan you could add a Scion command squad and use their orders to boost them more.

That's comforting, then. When I can buy her alone, she'll push me over the 2200 mark if I use everything. However, I do have a Knight that I have yet to put together, which might be a little crazy with IWND from her.

>giving a T3 3+/4++ EW is power gaming

hey whats the best way to pop armor with raven guard?
maybe devestators in the pinion, but thats not enough to do much.
should I look at skyhammer orbital force with melta/plas?