So 40k is going in that direction eh?

>The combined forces of the Aeldari take to the battlefield as a Reborn Warhost. These warriors have heard Yvraine’s words or the call of Ynnead, and fight on, free from the terror of soul death. This collection of the Aeldari’s most skilled is more than equal to the immense burden that destiny has placed upon them.

>This bundle allows you to build and field the Reborn Warhost, a detachment from The Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan that combines some of the deadliest Aeldari miniatures from the Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequins ranges into one combined army.

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/c/brand/warhammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Obvious attempt to sell models by just saying;
>"Fuck it just throw it all in a blender"
Worked for imperials with their KnightMarine armies so why not.

It doesn't even seem to save money.
Which is the worst part.

These never do. It's only the stuff that comes together in a box that does like battleforces and boxed games.

Forgeworld sells some good bundle deals though, oddly enough. They had one that essentially gave you a free titan.

the bundles arent money savers. youre thinking of the start collecting and 2 player boxes

If they aren't money savers then why would you ever buy one?

GIRLYMAN

You shouldn't. You should be buying the specific stuff you want individually, and ideally via your FLGS. They do occasionally make army boxes that are a discount, but they tend to sell out pretty quickly.

Because you're retarded and/or clueless, which GW is counting on.

Didn't you have to spend like £8000...

Well, if you buy stuff from GW, that's a safe bet.

Welcome to EoT and AoS of 40k
Please enjoy your stay.

>tfw GW once again misses the point and makes it cartoony instead of a blend of grim-dark realism with over-the-top 80's sci-fi tropes and dark humor
God fucking damnit

No-one used allies as part of their armies because you still had to take the 1HQ/1Troop tax.
Formations allowed you to include other arimes units while somewhat being effective. Though most of the time you still had to take a tax unit with each formation.
The new detachments allow you to take units you want without tax, are fluffy and include some nice rules too.

Do you really think GW is stupid enough to destroy a 30 years old setting to create a brand new and weird universe instead of updating the game in a proper way?

It's hard to believe that there are people who buy this shit.

They've been heading in this direction for the better part of a decade, user.

IMA assume people bought this for the 50 limited signed Art cards and not for the models.

at this point dissolving GW and selling the setting to the video game company that made DoW would probably be better for the setting than the current trajectory

Yes.

>Do you really think GW is stupid enough to destroy another 30 years old setting to create a brand new and weird universe instead of updating the game in a proper way?

Not gonna say it was cheap, but it did come out to a completely free warhound.

Aaaand his Guillimarines

No user, they won't make two new universes, they'll just fold 40k into Age of Sigmar

>Forgeworld sells some good bundle deals though, oddly enough. They had one that essentially gave you a free titan.
wtf, those are the old metal harlequins.

and the jetbike bundle has the old as fuck eldar jetbikes in the main picture.

Yes.

Well I guess it's no matter how Gathering Storm ends, with all those gods and primarchs, our old 40k doomed anyway.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that GW wants to emulate what Privateer Press has with Warmachine and Hordes. They're going to make AoS and nü40k completely compatible game systems that function more like a single ruleset with an informal high-tech/low-tech faction divide.

>Reborn Warhost, a detachment from The Gathering Storm: Fracture of Biel-Tan that combines some of the deadliest Aeldari miniatures from the Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequins ranges into one combined army.
>deadliest Aeldari miniatures
>not a single Wraithknight

>old metal harlequins

not quite, but they are the old finecast harlequins

>>tfw GW once again misses the point
They didn't missing

>Guillimarines
Draigodins

>then why would you ever buy one?
Because you must support your hobby

This, brothers; this.
This is what a cuck sounds like.

>Because you must support your hobby
You do that by buying from the store you play at.

shit.

I really hadn't considered this and it makes just enough sense to worry me.

Can I have a quick rundown on why there are so many wharhammer generals ?

Do you have any idea how bady nuRelic is fucking up Dawn of War 3?

Why must things go to shit? Like, every fucking time, it starts good, but then jumps the shark and shits the bed. Why can't good things stay good?

GW are only interested in new customers, their target demographic is new players for their first 18 months of playing. GW view old long-time players who've been playing for many years as a toxic part of the fanbase that does nothing but complain.

Remember how GW treated old WFB players? How they up-front admitted that the goofy "twirl your moustache for in-game bonuses! XDDDD" rules were written to shame WFB players into not playing it any more and picking up AoS instead?

GW would absolutely take a giant dump all over 40k because they don't care about the long term fanbase. They care about the next batch of 18 monthers, and that's it. For them it's win-win: they get a product line where they actually hold copyright to all the names, and also all the angry grognards will fade away.

Entropy, m'boy.

Entropy is slow, tho....this is accelerated entropy, entropy driven by deliberate thought and action. Like, DoW 1 was a huge hit and almost universally praised. So, what do they do? They fucking CHANGE IT! I mean, I just don't understand the mindset: product A worked great, let's make totally unrelated product B!
wtf?!?

They make very good Christmas presents. They're about the right price point for new players birthday gifts or main presents for family members who you know play but no idea what they place outside of "the blue armoured guys.. oh yea those ones"

These guys know what's what, at least so far as geedubs shenanigans go. They only want normie monies from soccer moms and grandmas and juniors spending their allowance. They want to dig out of the doldrums of neckbeardliness and enter the shining light of mainstream corporate bliss.

just because i was out the loop for a while. How did GW treat WFB?

What's WFB????

They killed it.

Squatted the entire setting to make room for Age of Sigmar.

Someone post the kits they're going to sell at Wal-Mart

#

So it's completely not supported at all? Like no replenishment of stock?

You can also simply go to Wal-Mart's website and buy regular kits.

Tau are on reduced price right now.

So, under these death metal elf rules, can you put those Avengers in the Raider?

They had an apocalypse story event for 1-2 years. The world ended and a space dragon met up with Sigmar who then created magical realms where there is eternal war between the factions. It was the only way to stop Chaos from winning completely.

In real terms? Completely shit canned, dropped all support.

Pretty much. Stuff that got rolled into AoS is still around but everything else is gone entirely.

Like the entirety of Bretonnia and the Tomb Kings for example.

THE END TIMES ARE UPON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
40K IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the shiny new pleb-friendly game of power action super robots.

Thats dreadful. I'm sad for my little Bretonnia army. Is 40k going to be kill?

>Is 40k going to be kill?
Not in the same way, no.

Murdered it instead of reforming the rules.

That's insulting towards Gunpla.

They killed off the setting, and did so with a set of 'End Times' rules that included ridiculous shit like this:

>You can re-roll any failed hit rolls when attacking with the Runefang so long as you have a bigger and more impressive moustache than your opponent.

They are quite open that these stupid rules are intended to make the game embarrassing, to drive players towards the new model range.

No game devs with any integrity would make rules like this. This is pure sales department bullshit, and it's why the games are going bad.

>GW view old long-time players who've been playing for many years as a toxic part of the fanbase that does nothing but complain.

Are they wrong?

Yes, because kids seeing the old-timers playing in the store is what gets them hooked.
Without an established gaming community to embrace new players, new players can't do shit.
Geedubs is dead and they don't even know it...

>even in the post trying to claim he's not a toxic whining faggot who does nothing but complain. he manages to be a toxic whining faggot who does nothing but complain

Yeah, you're so right.

Woa woa woa there buddy! Your comprehension is waay off: why you strawman me, faget? Why you say what ain't true?
I stated, in direct response to your query, that geedubs IS in fact wrong. THEN I said why. And my why had nothing to do with claiming i wasn't a toxic faggot. Try to reed harder, kid.

>if you don't agree with GW at 100% you are toxic!
GW logic
Also, to sell products well, without established community, they need popular franchise and good marketing (to force customers to buy not only minis, but all this Citadel crap called "hobby tools")..

>This is what a cuck sounds like.
Tha'ts how GW sees you, but you are a good boy who doesn't want to find his favorite army in "Last Chance to buy" section, aren't you?

>I'm totally not toxic and if you call me toxic just because I'm toxic you're just a GW shill!

You trying to say Veeky Forums isn't a toxic cesspool, faggot?

>>I'm totally not toxic and if you call me toxic just because I'm toxic you're just a GW shill!
>toxic
>toxic
>toxic
>toxic cesspool,

I warmheartedly disagree.
Most veterans are bloated socially awkward neckbeards with no real knowledge on how to act outside their basement. Oh, and more than often, they do smell.... like bad!

If your telling me THIS is what gets kids hooked now days, I say "kidults" is probably a majority of the fanbase, and if your one of those "normies" you can laugh yourself lucky because we are few apart.

>Most veterans are bloated socially awkward neckbeards with no real knowledge on how to act outside their basement. Oh, and more than often, they do smell.... like bad!
>source: my ass

>implying 40k can compete with Star Wars for "kids" audience

you got a link or something i cant find it on walmart.

Read the conversation dipshit, I'm just using the terminology they brought up.

Yeah nad you using it unironically.
Meanwhile if Veeky Forums such toxic place why are you here?

walmart.com/c/brand/warhammer

Comment found on Wood Elves Sisters of the Thorn.

>Geedubs is dead and they don't even know it...
How many years have we been saying this, and yet they just recovered from a multi-year slump? Stop with that shit line, seriously.

>and yet they just recovered from a multi-year slump?
Well nope, they recovered from previous year downfall.

I can see why they'd do it.

Theoretically it expands the playerbase of both games and reduces the the in house complexity of designing and balancing heh heh for two separate systems. Then you have armies like Chaos and Orks that you could market models that would fit in either setting.

I really can't say if it's a good idea, but from a business standpoint it's pretty sound.

>Stop with that shit line, seriously.
How about no?

legit af

I don't support an ass company by throwing all my monies at it, kid. And I don't defend the company that's raping my ass: that's what cucks do.
Ooh, moving goalposts now, eh? Hahahahaa, loser.
Your post fills my head with fuck. Go to bed, you're over-tired and not making any damned sense. Come back fresh tomorrow.
>toxic toxic toxic
A-are you having a stroke, user?

What is creativity? You know you can totally just make up your own cosmic horror fluff. Check out ExProfundis. The WH universe in general is literally large enough for anything to be possible. If youre looking for ultra grim and ultra dark, make up a forgotten forgeworld teetering on the edge of existence in a warp scar. Or a really fucked up rampant mutation gnawing through a royal court of oligarchs turning them all into psychers leading to a complete upending of the entire planet

Literally anything is possible. Those are probably bad ideas but still. The universe is as big as you will it to be

>You know you can totally just make up your own cosmic horror fluff.
And he is also can just make his own setting

The change they proposed originally was orgasmic. Take one of the best strategy games around and adapt it to use the best strategy games' engine? If they kept large unit sizes and base building, it would have been great. It at least has some fun in it though.

>2017
>people are still butthurt over the obvious joke rules

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

>The WH universe in general is literally large enough for anything to be possible.
Yeah current WH universe.
Not to mention that the same was proposed to WHFB player, but what's the point if the rest of setting now feels so sterile.

It can't, they are still reeling from the X-wing debacle.

The barrier of entry is too low for GW to earn a profit now and the casual miniature games market has been flooded (god knows they can't build for competitive formats).

>y-y-you should enjoy how we mocking you into a shit

Eh, they have tried to spice it up a few times in the past with exclusive rules and even now signed art prints.

>How they up-front admitted that the goofy "twirl your moustache for in-game bonuses! XDDDD" rules were written to shame WFB players into not playing it any more and picking up AoS instead?

No, they written because they thought Fantasy players could take a joke. So many bemoaned Fantasy apparently losing humor and becoming more like 40k and yet when they got silly humor they were insulted. Said people didn't know what they wanted other than to bitch.

Those weren't part of the End Times rules though, but the AoS compendiums that came out and which were meant to be used with AoS rules. Proof that you and the user above don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You deserve to be mocked

Getting rid of you autistic retards was the best business decision GW ever made

>tfw GW once again misses the point and makes it cartoony
You mean like 40K has always been?

>they thought Fantasy players could take a joke.
Like a proud cucks?
>You deserve to be mocked
And that's how FFG deserved my money.
>Getting rid of you autistic retards was the best business decision GW ever made
Well, good luck to compete with Activision and Disney for normies money.

>Getting rid of you autistic retards was the best business decision GW ever made

That is the absolute worst thing they could make, that's like the whole fucking fan base.

Normal people think chainswords and tin-can robots are gaudy trash, whose ironic humor loses its value after the first 4 minutes.
Only Aspies take this death metal shit serious enough to spend money on it.

Of you mean oldhammer it never tried to be serious, and it was mostly satyric than cartoony.

Considering that DoW apparently did reasonably well, I think 40k can appeal well enough to certain types of people. The problem is getting those people to buy models which is somewhat hard given that they're not exactly cheap and you have to both put them together and paint them yourself. Even harder if said people are just interested for display purposes when you have things for display purposes that can be bought put together and painted for the same or slightly more than what GW charges.

You say this and yet older material seemed to take itself seriously enough. It makes more than a funny name for an Inquisitor or a type of xeno fauna ending up in bathrooms to convince people your not serious when you write about such things as the departments of a fictional government and another dimension and the denizens that reside in it in some detail.

>Considering that DoW apparently did reasonably well, I think 40k can appeal well enough to certain types of people.
Yeah in 2004.
>You say this and yet older material seemed to take itself seriously enough.
Where?

>Where?

I've perused all three of the Index books GW has released so far, in which are contained some of the bedrock material for 40k from Rogue Trader and the Realms of Chaos books. I recall very little "silly so random XD" humor from any of them. Off the top of my head the only example that comes to mind is possibly an accompanying story from WD to the introduction of the Grey Knights where perhaps some the characters involved had slightly humorous names or means of interaction or in the case of the Chaos mutants their appearance could be said to be slightly humorous. The story still ended with the planetary governor from it musing that his aide will have to be killed because he saw the Grey Knight in action and that knowledge has its price.