Are there any Slavic-themed legions and Primarchs in 40K?

As the title states, are there any?

World Eaters, maybe?

Depends how you define slav. Technically if you include the Kievian Rus, then Space Wolves. Technically Dark Angels I guess. As a Slav, the term is kind of vague culturally.

I've heard that before, do some of their more prominent members have any Slavic names or accents?

Well, the Kievan Rus' wasn't that Viking to begin with, considering that only a few hundred Varangians have initially settled into Russia,including women and children, and why exactly Dark Angels?

Adeptus Custodes

no

but Necrons have a shitload of characters with slavic-sounding names and titles

legions or primachs no
but valhallans
and glorious vostroya

World Eaters are the closest.

Kharn sounds like a Russian weapons dealer.

Want to purchase some chainaxes? I know a really nice guy who can get some.

>Space wolves
>Kievan Rus

Stop saying things.

>Called the Valhallans
>They're based on the red army.

Always seemed weird to me.

Dont think so, theres not really that much differentation with regard to ethnicity in 40k (in the official lore anyway).

>slav squats on rhino

>crimson beaners

Are there any french-themed force in the imperium? IIRC the Elysians have some kind of FAMAS

They're free.

Kriegers are, despite the name, mostly French WW1 but dumb people confuse them for le Nazi Germans with Gasmaks that Wonder Women fights in le new movie.

But Elysians dont surrender though.

Kriegers are aesthetically WWI French but that's really about it.

Their ww1 Germany. Jeez, the helmet is enough of a clue.

Ya scunge.

No. Enjoy your guard.

Are the salamanders of african descent? Or do they just have unnatural skin?

Kharn is Russian

Not African. The chapter of explicitly African cultural tradition is the Celestial Lions.

The helmet is the only German thing about them ya scunge. Jesus christ there are fucking photos of the uniforms all over the internet.

I think they used to be african black, but gw retconned it.

I want to rewrite Space Wolves with more focus on Norse and Slavic mythos and themes instead of "MORE FUCKING WOLVES"

Really?

The World Eaters. Khârn himself is Russian.

No, they just consistently get worf'd at every possible opportunity.

>this meme again

What meme?

>Death Corps of Krieg
>Based of French WWI infantry

Sadly the Squats were retconned out.

Where does this meme come from?

Vladimir Pugh of the Imperial Fists comes to mind as the only notable Space Marine with an explicitly Slavic name.

Audio book where Kharn was voiced with a thick Russian accent.

Das racis

The Squats were eaten, OP.

THey are called war in GERMAN.

"Oh yeah if you ignore the fact they are literally german there is nothing german about them"

What meme did i miss?

I always wanted more south, south-east, or east asian flavored Imperial factions. Or Polynesian, african, caribbean, etc. You think with 20 primarchs there'd be more variety in human martial tradition.

White scars don't count because you probably forgot they existed until you read this.

Apparently the Raven Guards terran stock was what used to be the Yndonesiac Bloc. So now they're a mix of Salish Amerinds and South East asian.

Maybe because it sounds cooler and more grim than 'Deathkorps of
Guerre

Space sharks and charcharadons fit the bill. Eldar and dark eldar already cover chinese history and tau are japanese.

There are no slavic marine chapters because the guard fulfill that role a little too well

I believe its in Betrayer that Kharn says he's from the Ural region on Terra, that or After De'Shea, cant remember but Kharn is slav.

Elysians are a mixture of French and British Paratroopers.

Only minorly. They're aesthetically a mixture of different nations from WWI, though they're culturally heavily Germanic.

Oh fuck off.

Guard has that slav factor. I read that the blood angels used to be native american in the early days.

IG regiments are often more based on a war or a theater than a faction. Even the praetorians draw elements from all colonial infantry from the late 19th century, not only the british.

That's the dark angels, desu.

Neat, i always liked references to earthly cultures

Blood Ravens because they steal everything not nailed down

I didn't know that, any lore on them?

Wait wait wait

Aren't they the guys the Inquisition fucking wiped out?

Nah.

They are space gypsies.

Speak for yourself

Actually isn't there a Napoleonic IG regiment too?

Just imagine minis in squatting position, hmm

Tau are more communist chinese and indian caste system that japanese.

Eldar are a mixture of all sorts of older cultures including egyptian, celtic (saim hunn), japanese, not really much chinese though imo

That and a meso american inspired one (and/or incas)

>germans are stern and evul
just die already

>Inquisition
You mean Ork Snipers right?

>weasel-fierce
:^)

Mordian, although they use world-wide 19th century tactics, those tactics were set in Napoleonic wars and Scintillian fusiliers which they look as 18th century armies, a bit older for Napoleon style. Napoleonic army would fall in between of these two looks.

>salamanders

Kriegers lost German looks when the pickelhaube helmet was lost but I remember have seen some early minis with that helmet, mostly conversions from the steel legion.

I think that the pickelhaube is still used by some rough riders (pic related), but they are more similar to French and Belgian trench soldiers.

And there are the Teutons which have long coats and pickelhaubes.

>Descended from a Primarch who liked to build walls

He was born in Russia

GW pretty much only does Europe because. They proved this in Fantasy where middling countries like Estalia, Tilea, Kislev, and arguably Bretonnia got rules and models while Cathay which supposedly exceeded the Empire in size was treated like it didn't exist unless an army went close to it.

Looks like the answer is no

The original legions should all have been based on unique terran warrior cultures. Ultramarine = roman inspired, white scars = mongol inspired and space wolf = norse inspired had the right idea

>With german helmets

Well looks like this guy trying to do something like this

>Apparently the Raven Guards terran stock was what used to be the Yndonesiac Bloc.
Nope, they were formed from bedouin slavers and called Pale Nomad.

no, its from arabic

yes. the Marines malevolent.

tg is pretty shit of they cant even answer your question after so many posts

Was it autism?

Iron Hands? They have names like Grolvoch and Autek, Kardan Stronos.

Their helmets are actually german helm mashed with the french ww1 helm.

Aren't dark angels teutonic knights? So they would be more polish then russian.

There is nothing Slavic about them

As that user pointed out Dark Angels are native Americans.

Also thier rough riders have breast plates like french cuirassier.

The joke about them Malevolent Muhreens is that people see them as SPECNAZ Marines for good reason apart of being massive assholes.

Oh sorry, just meant in terms of who they market to. Tau were literally made to break into the japanese market.

Some of the stores have 80% tau players

This is the first time I hear that.

>Vostroya
>Slavic

Slavic does not automatically equal Russian user. Vostroyans are clearly Cossacks. The closest GW got to Slavs were Kislev in Fantasy which were clearly Hussars.

Also the thing about this joke is that...not many people know about it.

The SPECNAZ part is that the MMs being an elite force with surgical precision capabilities like other Marine forces, they get the job done. And like SPECNAZ they cause enormous collateral damage and don't give a fuck about civilian casualties.

>and don't give a fuck about civilian casualties
Do you know about Beslan?

Do you know about the whole Moscow Theater Incident?

Yep, and you don't know about anything else

Then I suppose they're really NATO Airforce Marines.

>countries like Estalia, Tilea
>got rules and models
You've never seen Warhammer in real life, have you?

HJe is right.
Most of Dogs of War humans units were from Estallia and Tilea, Kislev had own armylist and models.
Also, first edition WHFB have united humans army if remember correctly.

To me they looked like US marines who fight abroad and despise the locals

Dogs of War had units from all over the place from undead to dwarves. Only Kislev had a small army that was never published as a separate armybook.
Further point: Kislev was an army in Warmaster, while Tilea and Estalia weren't.

US Soldiers are bros.
Brits, on the other hand...

Have a story about Brits being bloody cunts?

>Vostroyans are clearly Cossacks
That is wrong. Vostroyans are based quite clearly on Muscovite troops with a little bit of Polish influence.

>are russian special forces
>underfunded and equipped so they constantly improvise, nigger rig, and make do with what they have
>dont get along with the majority of imperial forces and marines
>anons think because they have never heard of them that means they arent slav