Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

You Can't Warp With Your Thing Out, What Would The Neighbors Say edition

>Sleepy thread

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is it possible for a crisis suit to take a twin linked weapon (counts as 2 hardpoints) and a regular weapon (1 hardpoint)

Heamonculi are really good HQs, give them sissor hands, a hex rifle/liquifier and the armour of misery and you have a really solid all-rounder that buffs the squad he joins whiling fucking up the enemy leadership.

mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

3rd for how long does it take for a GW shipment to get to you

Searchable PDF?

>tfw can't pick a traitor legion to paint my dudes as

It's down to Word Bearers, Night Lords or Iron Warriors, who I've only recently started considering.

Help me decide. Sell one to me. I'm so torn and don't know which to commit to.

yes

Disregard night lords, throw a dice

So how is Kranon's Helguard as a formation?

The penalty for being within 12 of them looks interesting.

Word Bearers, my brother. 'Tis only right that we rise up to destroy the Whoreson's return.

Read this book, nigga. Read it.

Reposting from last thread; looking to get back into 40k after a drought since 5th edition, planning to start emperor's children, playgroup is mostly casual with a couple of hardcore tournament players I'd like to at least put a good showing against, how does this list seem as a starting point to build towards initially?

Also general advice for running emperor's children would be appreciated.

yes
make it an alpha legion warband
paint in every color except al

It kinda mystifies me when people write books for the "bad" factions. Surely no one wants to read books about slaughtering civilians?

Then, is this able to be found within one of the two current megas, or does it have a larger megahub to be added to the next OP?

Is the Era of the PDF reborn?

I have read that trilogy, as well as the Night Lords one, Lord of the Night, Storm of Iron and pretty much any other Chaos marine related book. They're all a big reason why I'm so torn between those 3 legions. I had briefly considered the Alpha Legion (and more briefly the Black Legion) but I don't really have enough to go off of with them.

In the past 10 years I've had an IW army, a WB army and a NL army. But I've never been able to solidly commit to one and I need to for this one. I just can't fucking decide.

Make a mixed Warband. Have multiple Cads and formations for their specialties. Night Lord Raptors, Iron warriors Havocs and Obliterators, and Word bearers with Sorcerers, Apostles, and Possessed.

Sometimes user, you don't want to read about the heroes saving the day. You want to read about the intrigue of the bad guy's lives, you already know that the good guys have their own fortress of Good(tm), you want to know about the Bad Guy's palace. You want to know what the Bad Guys are doing while the heroes only know that they need to stop them. It's a very good book, and there's even the Elysian Drop Troops IG army featured in the first book, as well as Arbites and Cultists.

>elysian drop troops using chimeras and elysian armoured companies who are jelly they will never be drop troops. They also get wiped out

It was interesting

there's an audience for everyone, look at all the different kinds of smut is out there. on a related note i wish they would do more books from the view point of other races. i think eldar only have 10 books (each all kinds of silly or fluff jarring). hell i think besides a comic there isn't any books from the ork side. i think the tau have 3 or so.

there's new marine books written each day but no one bothers to write about space elves that often?

I want a Tau vs Elfdar story already GW, dammit

>tfw Miner Genestealer Cults in the second book
It's like he predicted the GSC codex.

I want into Guard but the list is a bit meh, do you guys know if the IA1v2 lists are still being played? I quite like the idea of taking the hq and troop choices (pic related) as an AM CAD and then the rest as

Command vanquisher w/ beast hunter shells
Commissar Russ w/ infernus shells
two normal russ squadrons 1 unit each
Old school vendetta 130pts (rather than the bloody stupid 170 AM is asking)

Total points is the same but don't know if people will sniff at FW lists especially with the Vendetta being a reasonable cost

>there's new marine books written each day but no one bothers to write about space elves that often?

There's a book or a few written for even lesser known chapters of marines like the Scythes of the Emperor and yet there's still only 3 Dark Eldar books, a half a dozen Eldar books, 2 or 3 Tau books, no Ork books and Chaos books every once in awhile.

Is there any lesser known Chaos warband that has even one book?

Goddamn nigga I don't know, I like all 3 of them too.

I think Iron Warriors have the best rules if that means anything, but Word Bearers have the best fluff and aesthetic in my own opinion.

Iron Warriors, between the rusted, dirt coated, and blood caked power armor with hazard stripes you get a group of traitors that love to bring their own forts and blow other people up. You can bring Cultist fodder in their Decurion or enlist an allied detachment of daemons if you wish.

Obliterators and Havocs with Tank Hunters are fun. Oblits are Troops in a CAD.

Basically, Iron Warriors bring their own fun in the form of buildings and get the bonus of being fearless while in/on them.

I'm bringing a Firestorm Redoubt with Battlecannon (for the IW rerolls in their Decurion) and quad Icarus Lascannon with my Grand Company. A Cult of Destruction and Legion of the Damned fill it out though I'm not opposed to dropping the CoD for allies or something else.

It really depends on the meta I've run into places perfectly fine with full Y'vahra suit lists and other people that gave me dirty looks for having a pair of malanthropes in a swarm list. How much anti air do you have to worry about in your area? Do you think your vendetta will be enough?

I don't think it's in the megas, I don't think the epub is either. as for the pdf era being back, I don't think so. I made this conversion for myself and decided to share here. I have no affiliation with the two megas in the OP

The Imperium already provides a range of characters going from knight in shiny armor to genocidal maniac. I don't need slaves to darkness to get some variety.

ironically enough Blood Gorgons are on the cover of the 6th chaos codex but i don't believe they're listed in the book as a warband. they have at least 1 black library book.

>on AA
fairly light on enemy flyers, just one eldar player. Fists player fields hunters but little AA that I've seen aside from that

Chaos is fun though! It's also more spooky and lovecraftian and scratches my itch to read about dark cults and blasphemous sacrifices!

How difficult is the conversion process?

Ah, right. I forgot about that one and I read it awhile ago.

Not sure why GW decided to use that piece, even though it is cool. It's not like the Blood Gorgons were ever prominent and they didn't promote them at all either. Still, their novel was good.

If you don't have to worry about many flyers especially monstrous creature fliers the vendetta should be fine.

>Saint Duncan only did a minute video on the Visarch

youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8

wait a second, this must be some kinda glaze.

probably because there wasn't any new (official) chaos artwork out there. this was before any chaos supplements as well

Would anyone be willing to give any feedback on this Cult/Guard List?

Thank you user.

If you look at the actual picture though there's dots of pure white on some areas of the model.
Damn this model is great but it's just so many levels beyond what I'm able to paint.

it's not difficult, it's just long. for whatever reason when converting using calibre, it takes a long time for a single file. 10-12 hours, even more. then I have to crop the pages and check for any formatting lost in conversion (which is usually minimal to none)

Sweet dude, thanks. Anyone have a pdf of gathering storm 1?

Are you using Convert or print to pdf option?

I have that too

print to pdf

Im having an important campaign match this thursday at my local. what do guys think of this list?

Those are probably just leftovers from a glaze or highlight, both would leave a lighter residue on higher surfaces, like on that model. It actually doesn't look too hard to paint, relatively speaking, base+wash+drybrush would give you most of the armour with details. An elaborate highlight would let the details pop more, obviously, but it doesn't look inaccessible to newer hobbyists.

Eldar/10

What are you expecting to show up as competition?
Because you'll probably be fine

here
mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c

4000 points of everything chaos has to offer, im allied with a csm player

motherfucker/10

cool, I'll have a chat with them about FW, it's mostly beast hunter and infernum shells I'm interested in for dealing with MCs and cover hogs. I was wondering if the general consensus was that AI1v2 was so outdated at this point it would be considered a bit cheaty

Why wraithguards are not inside raiders?
3+ jink fast skimmers open topped.

What's the best way to cast sprues. I was thinking that first I'd put it in a box, then fill the box up with rubber until it was a bit up on the sprue but not covering it. Then I would let that dry and do another layer. This would make it easier to split in half I think. Any problems with this idea?

I'm sorting out thoughts for my Slaanesh list. Would it be better to go pure Emperor's Children, or section off a portion of my army as Iron Warriors? I have a Warpsmith, some vehicles, some havocs, and some cultists that don't really benefit too much from the extra initiative. Is Tank Hunters a good tradeoff for fearless on some of those?

theyre all going to deepstrike with the webway portal. i cant start them in raiders in reserve right?

Why couldn't you? Webway-portal raiders full of nasty shit is IIRC a time-honoured Dark Eldar tactic, or at least I've lost enough Kataphron squads to it from my friends.

dont they have to be dedicated transport in order for them to start in reserve in them?

The reborn warhost makes everything the same faction, so starting in "allied" transport is a go for the Reborn

Ynnari are all the same faction now, you can put craftworld eldar units in raiders.

wraithguard and a archon dont fit together in a raider

You live in Virginia?

I was wondering, are Gork and Mork constantly fighting somewhere in the warp? If so why hasn't anything been done to them or has an outside force tried taking them out in some manner?

And I know if they're fighting pretty much nothing will tear them apart from one another but is there a chance that the Orks will get to commune (without their heads popping and I think one getting a message from it) or even find their God's at some point?

I just want a really big waaagh.

Omnissiah praise thee.

EU im afraid

How did you know I was an AdMech player? :P

Ahh well good luck EU user!

Yep.
Pure deep strike fast SKIMMER 3+ cover D rape.

Don't think so, but sadly after a second look
is right. So you'll have to settle for a point-accurate D-weapon deepstrike.
If you can find the points, maybe hand the Archon a Shadowfield so he can tank any retaliation with his 2++, like a super Ion Shield? Just put him to the side of the unit you expect the heavy fire from when you come in.

A 5 man combat squad whose job is to sit in the deployment zone on an objective and shoot things with their one heavy weapon.
What would be the best heavy weapon? Not a plasma cannon because that bastard blows himself up turn 1 every game I've played with him.

I just wanted the book for the grand convocation detachment. Drones of a propeller swarm together!

its a 2000pt game so i have some spare points to fill the flaws

lascannon or missile launcher

Is there any way to make a fairly balanced, jack of all trades vanilla marine army?

It seems like they all require some kind of gimmick build.

Hah, nice. I still have a long way to go to be able to field that. But I'll get there eventually.

What I want to know is why we don't have Gork n Mork granting powers to Orks.

At present if you took Gork and Mork way from Ork fluff absolutely nothing would change.

Thoughts? I like footslogging lists, so I don't really plan on bringing a Flyrant.

How much scenery is appropriate for minifigure's bases?

0 it always looks shit.

Where does it state that though? I get that you can take Dedicated Transports for units from their relevant data sheet and I see the list of units for the Reborn Warhost, but I can't find where it says that I can start in those transports.

Inquiring Ynnarri minds would love to know!

Daily videos were a mistake

in the Forces of the Ynnari page. it says "all units in these formations or the Reborn Warhost have the Ynnari faction" or something to that effect.
The restriction on starting in allied transport is a *allies* restriction. If they all have the same faction, they're not allies. You need to consider everything from that detachment as if it were from the same book. Its no different from starting in a heavy support land raider.

Spam lists dominate higher levels of competitive play because they're consistent.

For more casual games, making a well balanced marine list is as simple as getting a good amount of unit variety.

A non-cheesed Gladius would still be quite strong and well rounded.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this.

>Read about the guaranteed victory of Mary Sue McUltra, hero of the Imperium, Lord of Plot Armour, blah blah blah as [does something a bit grimdark but wins as guaranteed]
OR
>Read about a tragic anti-hero, learn how this individual things, watch their fall from grace in suspense (will it end in an eternity of slavery, or just dying? who knows!), realize you're identifying with a genocidal maniac, and basically have a fun time

I seriously don't get why anyone would ever read about loyalists unless it's the edgy ones like Minotaurs, Flesh Tearers, Carcharodons, or the ones who lose sometimes like Lamenters

that's funny.

I just want a book about nids. Like id rather have third person book about them than a first person account of johnny sue

For standard troops just basing is fine. One guys like captains or characters one or two little things arent bad. Only on large bases does any significant scenery look good.

I'm going to want to kill myself if I buy this list, right?

How do cron players feel about destroyer cult? It seems pretty dirty but it's pretty expensive money and points wise, you could buy two canoptek harvests for the price

Right now I'm thinking to try a list that's pretty much a min reclaimation legion with nemesor, then a destroyer cult and two harvests

I guess the question is does destroyer cult do work, and would two squads of warriors in arks or a second canoptek harvest be better?

Looks fine to me, except your tactical squads are trying to do five different jobs and don't have transports

Most likely. Just picture what'll happen once one guy brings a Land Raider.

More infiltration, more cultists, more alphariuses! I like this list; it looks fun to play, but is it going to be any decent at all, even in a casual setting?

Combat squads. He can leave the missiles back while the plasma and combo advance.

Lack of transports is still a worry though.

Guess it shows I'm not a marine player

But still 3 missile launchers camping the back line seems a bit laughable, even at 1000 points, melts guns in rhinos seem like a better bet

>and of course grav>plasma usually but that's haram to most casual players

Are transports absolutely necessary? They just seem like a pain in the ass, a tax on every tactical squad. Especially since the squad/transport deal GW are doing is the drop pod for SM, not the rhino.

Your anti-vehicle consists of 2 power fists and 1 meltagun. You'll get fucking destroyed.

What happened to eradication cohort box set? Why cant I get it anywhere on the web?

They're rather nice for survivability, regardless of which option you go with.

If you want to avoid transports, I would say to drop one of the tactical squads for some bikes. Alternatively, get a cheap fortification with an Escape hatch in order,to propel them forward quickly.

IF you like your squad not dying turn 1 you take transports as SM. Drop pods or rhinos. Preferably drop pods

Maybe not when you're very new, when you're just footslogging and slamming your armies together it's fine, but transports are invaluable in a way you can only learn by playing

>why don't we just march our solders into and through war zones irl?

>but what about drop pods

Drop pods are great, get one, they don't perfectly fill the rhinos niche but you need something to move your doodes around

Yes, and this is considered a "Tri-weapon" loadout. Like for example Tri-plas, having a Twin-linked plasma gun and a plasma gun.

Twin-linked weapons are always 3.5x as Markerlight Efficient as normal weapons. Putting it this way:
> A normal weapon requires 7 markerlights to reach BS10
> A twin-linked weapon requires 2 markerlights to reach BS10.
> Twin-linked weapons are "essentially" BS6 by default, so units with a lot of twin-linked weapons don't require as many markerlights to remain accurate

Realistically you should want to ALWAYS twin link your weapons whenever possible. Since it makes you less dependent on your markerlights, while simultaneously making what markerlights you do have 3x as powerful.