/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/winter-flu-goes-to-the-dogs-edition-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do you think mageposters are Hubristic ?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?428135-Mage-The-Awakening-The-Soul-Cage-part-two/page70
youtube.com/watch?v=0KBf1cAqOFs&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>plain supremecy

>mage supremacy

>Do you think mageposters are Hubristic ?

Is it still Hubris if mageposters only cite the Truth?

1. There is literally no reason a Mage has to involve himself in Sleeper society in that way at all.

2. Even if a mage did decide to play Sorcerer Overlord, there's no reason he has to do it via mind-control.

>2. Even if a mage did decide to play Sorcerer Overlord, there's no reason he has to do it via mind-control.
the Seers are doing it fine without mind control
the profane urims do help though

>Do you think mageposters are Hubristic ?
i think there's a lot of ignorance coming from posters who declare "how things are" that comes from them reading what they want
not hubris, just regular pride with a narrow view

You can map them to the there attribute groups
Physical - Lara Croft, Indiana John Types
Mental - Book Worms, Wizards in their towers
Social - The Investigative reporters to the other splats

I would play Changeling the dreaming before with mage game

Get out of here you fucking fairy.

At least your animosity to them kills them. You don't even have to put any effort into it.

Mystagogues are less book worm, and more mad scientist performing live vivisections in his sanctum laboratory.

>magefags completely ignoring and auguring against the only remotely interesting thing about their splat
This is why Mage is the worst splat

>live vivisections
If you don't keep them alive and awake during it how can you truly discover the deeper mysteries?

>Muh personal horror!
>Man it sure sucks I have super powers!

The only splat in either WoD that ever did personal horror even slightly well was Vampire. All the others the "oh woe is me" is massively outweighed by how awesome it is to be that splat.

Altright I have a question.

With the different backstories and cosmologies they have (like Werewolf having Gaia VS Vampire having God), did White Wolf ever try to fit in all the OWOD settings together?

Yes. Mage the Ascension's metaplot unites them all in a weird kitchen sink mess because reality is defined by belief.

Thanks for proving me right

Because supernatural super-friends is a cool concept.

WW sometimes tried to reconcile the various oWOD games. The efforts were futile, and often exacerbated the problems. See, e.g., Blood Treachery.

It's a bit of both, actually. Book worms take the edge though, sorry.

Also Indiana Jones with magic sprinkled on top.

>Blood Treachery

Not even the worst one. The Week of Nightmares had the Technocracy kill a fucking Antediluvian using 5 dot Sphere effects.

>Because supernatural super-friends is a cool concept.

OK, now which one of you talks to fish?

The Spirit Nukes were 5 dot effects, the sunlight they used on him was under that.

it doesn't take much to kill an Ante, apparently.

>If you don't keep them alive and awake during it how can you truly discover the deeper mysteries?

Aren't the screams of agony good for a +2 Environmental or Sacrament Yantra?

>he Week of Nightmares had the Technocracy kill a fucking Antediluvian using 5 dot Sphere effects.

Weren't all the Technocratic Archmasters inexplicably and conveniently away on vacation or some executive retreat during the whole Apocalypse?

This is another thing to bring up. The Technocratic Union is chock full of planets entirely made of machines and fucking Dyson Spheres consuming stars bigger than our own sun. They invade the infinite Deep Umbra like the goddamn Borg.

Yet they didn't use a fraction of that power.

>Mage Supremacy

Can you still use soul stones to not cause paradox? Does this work for spells you've made 'vulgar' so they aren't wisdom sins?

No single Antediluvian is going to match a prepared Archmage

>OK, now which one of you talks to fish?

The mage obviously

Vampfags getting owned again?

The Technocratic Archmages are all in space. Why would they bother with a super-vampire back down on earth?

They might own property in the area.

They would let their subordinates deal with it. It only took 5 dots to take Zapathasura down.

Their property is beyond the earth at this point, anyway.

Sorry user I stoped paying attention, hope you see this.

Indeed the first two dots of obtenebration are pretty shit. Specially compared to other powers like Dominate or Protean that get very useful after one or two dots. The higher Obtenebration powers, though, compensate the relative weakness of the first powers.

Also it's not like obtenebration 1 is completely useless, it's that your other two disciplines are better at level 1.

Can I make black holes with space?

>TFW your pet project that's been running on earth for decades get trampled by some ancient Gypsy.

You would need Forces for that.

I'm no scientist, but I would say no. Black holes are gravitational in nature and would therefore be under the purview of Forces.

You couldn't make them but with a simple trip to any of your friendly Technocratic outposts you could probably create a sympathetic portal to one (and then die).

Actual black holes are a function of gravity, and as such are Forces, most likely Archmaster tier. You could probably do something vaguely similar with Unmaking Space, depending on whether you describe it well enough to the ST.

You could turn the universe into a single gargantuan black hole with Forces 9, thus eliminating existence as we know it.

>Masters of the Art

Depending on what you want in a black hole, it's actually possible to make some portion of space inescapable with Space, at least for people.

Just hack CERN and use theirs.

I suppose you could jerry rig one up by making 'down' a single point in, let's say a room. Like other anons have said, you'll need Forces if you want the real deal.

Do you really think they care?

Would require one big fucking ritual for that, but it's entirely doable if you got the time to spare.

Or just turn the spell into an Artifact. You would only need a single success to blow up the universe whenever you wanted. ...Implying there's more than one universe.

That's bullshit guys, I can make black holes with Space

In fact I'm gonna go make all the black holes

Yes. There's even an example adept attack spell that creates a pseudo-singularity.

A true singularity would require mastery. Unmake the space and force all the matter in the area of the spell to collapse into a single point.

The schwarzchild radius of the resulting singularity would be minuscule and it would evaporate almost instantly in a pulse of radiation.

This invalidates nothing, user.

You are bloated with denial at this point.

You know the vampfags are fucked when the magefags pull out Masters of the Art

>Masters of the Art

Or Imperial Mysteries for CofD, although mages rarely need to resort to master-level spells to deal with the undead.

#ObrimosSupremacy
#MorosSupremacy

With the Practice of Unmaking you can collapse/destroy the Space inside an area into a singularity, essentially annihilating everything there.

Of course this won't generate the gravitation force you're looking for. For that, you'd need to collapse enough Matter for it to generate that all on its own (a staggering quantity) or use Forces.

Is Mage always gay, even if it's a feminine supremacy?

Gay, feminine, these things are tawdry illusions before Mage Supremacy.

Rose, stop avoiding the issue at hand and give Requiem its Methuselahs already...

Methuselahs aren't going to be the Archmage equivalent for Requiem.

I wish people would stop hoping.

Has anyone home-brewed any crown attainments for lesser ministries?

The Ruin. The Raptor, and The Nemesis sound cool and I want to use them in a game.

Dubs or not, fuck you

DaveB did the Chancellor and the Prophet in one of his RPGNet games, which led to other people posting their ideas later in the thread.

If only Unknown Armies was more popular to warrant a general

How smart/sapient are kinfolk wolves?

>Unknown Armies

HISSSSSSSSSSSS

You wouldn't happen to know which game?

I think it was the second thread of The Soul Cage.

>Unknown Armies
>"An occult game about broken people conspiring to fix the world"

Sounds dumb.

I found it.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?428135-Mage-The-Awakening-The-Soul-Cage-part-two/page70

So a Demesnes is like one of the best investments you can ever make right? Like, it fucking annihilates the Sanctum merit.

Instead of increasing spell control while in your sanctum, you can just pay the infinite reach to just keep maintaining spell after spell.

As well as paying for instant casting, advanced duration, advanced potency, advanced scale, swapping factors, and activating all optional reach abilities?

Because bar a Sleeper witness or with an Inured spell, I don't think you can risk Paradox while in a Demesnes for your Path.

>Inured spell
>Demesnes
Can you still get Paradox this way?

Just checked, and no I was wrong.
An Inured spell doesn't risk Paradox in a Demesne or Verge.

Thanks.

Inured Living Vivisection Praxis here I come

If a spell leaves a Demesne it's still subject to paradox. So its not great for sympathetic casting or massive area of effects. It's great for enchanting, crafting, or buffing yourself.

Does it function if you're casting Sympathetically from one Verge to another?
e.g. Use a series of Verges or Demesnes as a Paradox-free Teleportation relay?

Also torture/magical exploration of living subjects.

Inuring is only two paradox dice. A dedicated tool is fine nine times out of ten.

>There is literally no reason a Mage has to involve himself in Sleeper society in any way at all.

There is no reason you have to involve your self in society as well.

t. Mysterium

Geee great..... sure it's not a "review" but still it sounds an awful lot like a recommendation to buy it an the expansion book you wrote for.

youtube.com/watch?v=0KBf1cAqOFs&feature=youtu.be

Anybody got that collage of quotes from the old Black Hand book, including an image of a Werewolf and the line "God help us"?

It's not like sleepers are even real people.

Maybe? I'm not sure what's the question.

Can you teleport between verges/demesnes without paradox?

Yes. But paradox isn't a huge risk for self teleportation to begin with.

Can your sympathetically cast between verges/demesnes without paradox? In a verge? Sure. In a demesne? Fine, as long as there are not sleepers that have wondered in.

What I mean is that in a Demesne dissonance can still occur if there is a sleeper present. It just won't invoke paradox.

Mage is human supremacy because Mage is just humans taking back their birthright

How serious/reliable is this map? If it's wrong, where is it wrong?

Aren't there a ton of werewolves hanging out in Europe

>that opening three minutes or so of dialogue
Holy shit, and MacFarland tried to defend this game as NOT one massive masturbatory revenge fantasy or projection fest?

Fuck Beast.

Hangin doesn't mean control.

Fair enough but what about the whole middle chunk of america?

Dunno. Maybe it's unknown or maybe it's not populated enough for a vampire faction to control it (but not rural/foresty enough for wolves). How many people live there anyways?

Also in general it seems that the map mostly ignores Apocalypse and sticks to what Masquerade says about them. The other Fera nations are not even mentioned.

Also remember the spell needs to be able to be able to benefit from the demesne/verge to work paradox free.

As in you can't cast Force spells paradox free in a Life/Spirit Demesne

Completely abandoned and filled with nothing of value.

Just like the real world.

>Comic sans
Never heard of this before but it ain't lookin good.

Reminder that werewovles are the only actual good guys that are trying to save the world even if they kind of suck at it

>kind of suck at it
They literally fuck it up every single fucking time. It's like the only splat fundamentally wrong about its own metaplot even at its end game.

I wonder if he intentionally showcased the mindset of your average Beast player. I couldn't bear to watch long enough to find out.

>man i'm such a creep
>if only people weren't so shallow they could see past my flaws and love me for the amazing person i really am
>it's not like i should work to improve myself or anything
>look at that chad over there
>picking up tons of chicks all the time in a bar
>those poor girls who come to bars expecting something other than one night stands for some reason
>fuck that guy for not meeting their expectations
>but most of all fuck him for shunning what i think i deserve
>better ruin his life

>It's like the only splat fundamentally wrong about its own metaplot even at its end game.
Wasn't it said somewhere that mages end game goal of ascension literally ends up pointlessly killing them because they return to whatever their shattered chunk actually is (I think it was like an archangel or something but I don't really remember)

Wait, seriously? Can you screencap this? I want to post this into my WoD group and laugh about it.

Ascension is a sucker's game in Awakening too, if you ask me. Archmastery seems like a happy middle.

>Vampires
>invade an Obrimos sanctum
>contains an Aetheric Demesne
>good times for the whole family