Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>SMK:_Food_of_Today.trid
>Restaurant_Test_Monthly.sim
>Stuffer_Shack_Weekly.zdf
>Synthohol_Health_Risk.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1013 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, we have some of our home-grown veggies. Wanna come over?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Kobe_Beef_Steak.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Food edition
What does your runner chew? Does he take the cost effective Soy-Paste? Or does he go all out with REAL fruits and veggies?

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Seretech_Decision
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/VITAS
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Night_of_Rage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What does your runner chew? Does he take the cost effective Soy-Paste? Or does he go all out with REAL fruits and veggies?
A quote from the first session I played my farm-born Az-Am war veteran streetsam:
>"I miss fresh fruit."
And the GM's response:
>"Everyone's been missing fresh fruit."

>1 liter of water = 5 soyburgers (basic)

You think water purification is cheap in the sixth world?

My current decker's a junk-food fiend, and mystifies his teammates by having the figure of a broomstick despite eating nothing but fast food (Cram tends to help that). His current haunt is a takeout that serves kebabs made from something that Devil Rats will claw and hiss at instead of eat. Eating the large kebab with imitation-cheese-flavored naan and 'Deluxe Sauce' they serve there without gagging is used as a form of hazing by a nearby Ork go-gang.

On the plus-side, he'll always treat.

What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?

1. Corps can charge more for water. Modern-day governments like to keep water prices low for obvious reasons which corps are not bound to. Corps might even bust people for illegal rainwater collection, even if the rain is half chemicals half acid.

2. Less drinkable water available

also

>>Restaurant_Test_Monthly.sim

>this triggers the line cook

>What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?
>getting to enjoy basic human rights without having a SIN
>anywhere in the civilized world
Good joke.

>thinking basic human rights exist anywhere in the Sixth World

laughingdracoforms.trid

Nobody has rights anymore, the SIN is just your paper shield to keep from getting fucked over in public by some bored security.

Basic human rights apply to everyone, even orks.

It's an idea for a run
>We've got this restaurant we want to get a SIM of
>but they've found every guy we've sent in
>make it so that one of us is able to enter and make a SIM of eating the food

Sure they do, just not in clapistan.

I don't like that they made real steak and coffee affordable for the standard person to buy every now and then, rather than a true luxury item for the rich.

LifeStraw is what? $50 and lasts you half a lifetime? Just drink rainwater.

>Corps might even bust people for illegal rainwater collection
Fuck.

Stop right there, probationary citizen.

Corps run most of the first world, not just America.

You don't understand user, EVERYWHERE is like this now. Seattle police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. London police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. New York police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Berlin police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Bejing police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Tokyo police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Toronto police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Miami police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Paris police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Sydney police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Edinborough police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Glasgow police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Ottawa police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Calgary police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Vancouver police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. You get the picture?

Oh, and before I forget, corpsec will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you on corp property without a SIN.

See, that's fine. SINless should be looked at like second-grade citizens, not human trash that's of no value whatsoever. Legit SINners have all the rights of a citizen, but that doesn't mean SINless are completely out of rights.

Let's say for example that you don't have access to healthcare or education, can't possess weapons and can't vote unless you have a SIN, but all other rights you do have, such as freedom of movement and -speech.

Unless you live in clapistan, in which case you have no rights whatsoever (basically true for modern world too)

Nah, corps run themselves. Governments are separate.

I haven't read a whole lot of supplementary material for locations, you got a source for the rest of the world having better human rights?

No such thing exists, so it's entirely up to the GM.

I thought it meant menu tests. I know several chefs who are so infatuated with their 'ability' to cook that they would force all the line cooks to follow a .sim course on how the meal should be prepared.

Test kitchens suck.

>You get the picture?
Yes, and it's wrong.

>Oh, and before I forget, corpsec will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you on corp property without a SIN.
Corps can do that even to legit SINners. You know, extraterritoriality and all?

Any word on price of genuine long pork?

>No such thing exists, so it's entirely up to the GM.
Yeah, except for all those bits in the core rulebook that explain just how shitty it is to be SINless anywhere in the world.

>Yes, and it's wrong.
Oh, no, that's completely accurate. It's fucked up, but them's the brakes in Shadowrun.

>What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?

Then he can hang out in jail cell with a belly three-quarters full of gruel, as his sleepless overburdened public defender struggles to push him to accept a plea bargain for the dozens of charges against him. All the unlicensed murder-gear alone is likely to be worth a few months to 20+ years, depending on what was on him and how obvious it is that he's a hardened criminal. He might even get a criminal SIN depending on what was going on. His unlicensed R and F-rated gear are still confiscated, and kept in a well-guarded evidence room somewhere, probably not even the same building he's in. The cops will probably need a judge to rubber-stamp any efforts to loot his commlink for incriminating shadowrunner correspondence like all the times he's texted sensitive information about the many killings and other horrifying crimes he's done.

If he's in some utopian Scandanavian country, his cell will be a lot nicer, his public defender will have more energy and better training for the case, no-one will try to rape him in jail, sentences will be like 1/5th what they should be, and he'll get butter with his toast.

When the CRB talks of rules and regulations it only refers to Seattle laws.

For example, guns are all but illegal in Bongistan, so you could treat all Rs in the book as Fs when it comes to firearms.

That's only if he's actively breaking laws though. If he gets caught carrying a gun without a license, then it's fair game, but just being SINless or not broadcasting a SIN doesn't get you into trouble unless you invite it.

Unless, again, clapistan.

>When the CRB talks of rules and regulations it only refers to Seattle laws.
Are they?

Do you have a page reference on this or is it just a case of what you want to believe.

Yes. Some nations have different laws, and the rulebook can't cover them all.

user, if you don't want a dystopia, you really try a different setting.

It's not me you should ask, it's your GM.

I am the GM, that's why I'm asking for source.
Since you seem so adamant that you're correct I assumed you might have some actual information to share, but I guess you're just pulling it out of your ass.

Do your gm's use edge against you? Do you feel it's not fair an npc gets such a useful tool, or do you think it balances things out some between the PC characters and the average Joe?

Oh I don't have a problem with dystopia, but I do prefer a dystopia lite. And also there are different shades of dystopia even inside the sixth world, like for example, it's easier to carry a gun in US than it would be in Bongistan. Since it's illegal to carry a gun in bongistan for civillians, you don't have plausible deniability, you're immediately fucked if your carry piece prints. Bongistan could be easier in other respects though, for example having less harsh penalties for the SINless.

>but I guess you're just pulling it out of your ass.
Yep, I totally am. But it makes sense, doesn't it? The world is a big place, there's no reason for the laws to be uniform.

>but I do prefer a dystopia lite.
Then try a different setting, because "SINless don't get treated like people by the civilized world" is a fucking fact of Shadowrun.

>But it makes sense, doesn't it?
No, it doesn't.

>See, that's fine. SINless should be looked at like second-grade citizens, not human trash that's of no value whatsoever.
Daily reminder. You will be shot if and when any given security force feels like it.

>The Riot Guard is [a shotgun] intended for law enforcement and independent security forces engaged in operations against low- and medium-threat subjects. [...] low threats are generally considered things like a group of SINless begging for food, or an angry parent yelling at a corporate-sponsored instructor. Medium threats are generally street gangs or unarmed runners.

Except the Corps run the global economy, and controlling the economy comes with defacto power over legislation and their vast PR shapes culture.

What part of 'dystopia' do you not get? The entire world is just varying degrees of shit. I mean, yeah..Yakutsk or Kamchatka or whatever is run by shifters, in which case it's not the Sinless that are shit on, but humans in general.

Pretty much the same for the ecofreaks in Amazonia. Africa is a crapsack full of ghouls and warlords. Australia is Mad Max up to 11 with fucking magic storms on top of it all. Are you hoping for human rights in Antarctica perhaps?

For mooks? Not a chance.

For corporate samurai, megacorp upper-management and street legends though, there'll occasionally be a point or two of edge, but rarely for combat outside of Blitzing.

Nah, corpsec will still get you in Antarctica.

>Except the Corps run the global economy, and controlling the economy comes with defacto power over legislation and their vast PR shapes culture.
They run one of the currencies, they don't have direct control over economy itself. That will, as it always has, run according to laws of supply and demand.

Corps are essentially micronations. They have the most money, but they don't have the most manpower. Some governments are in their pockets, but that doesn't apply to all of the governments.

>What part of 'dystopia' do you not get? The entire world is just varying degrees of shit. I mean, yeah..Yakutsk or Kamchatka or whatever is run by shifters, in which case it's not the Sinless that are shit on, but humans in general.
Operative phrase being 'varying degrees'.

>Are you hoping for human rights in Antarctica perhaps?
The old world seems mostly intact. Nordics, Italy, maybe Baltics.

The only hope for metahumanity to enjoy peace and freedom is in space. In the colonies the spacenoid need not fear the tyranny of earth-sphere corporations and governments. Unless those corps and gov'ts own their colony in which case they're space-screwed.

There's gotta be asteroid mining, manufacturing satellites and moon bases in the Sixth World by now, right? Like a whole other economy on the other side of Zurich Orbital

Yeah, but only in America.

user, if you're not comfortable with the idea of cops all over the world shooting you just to relieve their boredom and getting away with it because you don't have a SIN, you should really look into a different setting.

>>user, if you're not comfortable with the idea of cops all over the world shooting you just to relieve their boredom and getting away with it because you don't have a SIN, you should really
...not play in America.

Do we have sauce for other parts of the world being any nicer to SINless?

Get your head out of your ass. This isn't an America-only thing, and not just because America as we know doesn't even exist anymore. This is some real blood magic apologism tier denial you have going on here.

America doesn't exist, but americans do.

There was a 4thed supplement called sixth world almanac, it's not comprehensive but it does give a fair snapshot of what places outside America are like, and for the most part it's actually pretty shitty. France was a hold out of peoples' rights and corporate responsibility, but the corps managed to strangle that out of them, the Northern part of italy (GemMiTo sprawl) has been walled off because the government has basically gone fuck it, and is now a lawless wasteland. There are some less shitty places, though I don't really recall off the top of my head.
Here's the other thing SINless don't exist in the system, so even if they do have theoretical rights because they effectively don't exist, you can do whatever you want to them and it's really unlikely that there will be any consequences.

>He thinks he won't get blasted by any other western peoples, or asians, africans, etc.
Sorry kid. It's just personnel.

Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions. Asians or Africans never had any rights to begin with.

>Sorry kid. It's just personnel.

>Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions.
They do now.

>Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions
Welcome to the sixth world. Enjoy your (brief) stay.

>Unless those corps and gov'ts own their colony in which case they're space-screwed.
That's what EVO is up to on Mars.

Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time, especally since some people from the early 2000's are still around. Besides, there's no benefit to shooting SINless for the fuck of it. Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society.

>Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time
And they didn't, it took several decades.
>especally since some people from the early 2000's are still around.
And when my grandfather was a kid, they had separate drinking fountains for the colored people.
>Besides, there's no benefit to shooting SINless for the fuck of it.
It's fun and lets the brass blow off steam.
>Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society.
If the corps wouldn't profit from it, it won't happen. If the corps would profit from it, it would've happened already.

>Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time
Because you said so?

>Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society
Yes, it worked so well for the modern day homeless people around the globe.

Yeah you can. Keep in mind this wasn't RL starting from 2011. Shadowrun started before the awakening.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Seretech_Decision
There's a history of people rioting over food shortages and being beaten down in response.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/VITAS
There's a significant percentage of the world pop gone.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Night_of_Rage
There's a significant percentage of the world pop experiencing and inflicting severe racial abuse and racist attitudes on each other.

Daily reminder that the only reason the megacorporations haven't assumed direct control over the national goverments of the entire world (Aztechnology and Aztlan excluded of course) is because they couldn't make money off it.

>Just drink rainwater

>Just drink acid rain

ftfy.

From the Lifestraw website,
>Can I drink pool water with the LifeStraw?
>Not a good idea. Pool water is usually treated with chlorine and other chemicals. LifeStraw will only remove bacteria and waterborne parasites, not chemicals.
>Does the LifeStraw filter out heavy metals, chemicals or viruses?
>The LifeStraw is designed for the backcountry and will filter out 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoa. Chemicals, salt water, heavy metals and viruses will not be removed. If you were looking for a high capacity filter to remove viruses, the LifeStraw Mission and LifeStraw Family 1.0 remove 99.999% of viruses.

Also, it only filters 1,000 liters; not shabby, but you drink alone that much in less than two years, let alone all the other things you use water for.

>Toronto
>Ottawa
>Calgary
>Vancouver

Let's play spot the leaf.

So why do others think its shit?

>The cops will probably need a judge to rubber-stamp any efforts to loot his commlink for incriminating shadowrunner correspondence like all the times he's texted sensitive information about the many killings and other horrifying crimes he's done.

Depends on who the cops are in this case. I'm certain the EULAs have the provision that you're not the owner of the commlink, merely renting it from the corp that made it, and that corp retains rights to all data, can use the data for marketing, statistical analysis and espionage purpose, can at any time alter the software on the device to any degree up to and including bricking it, etc.

Your info is probably more safe if you have an Erika and you're caught by Universal Omnitech than through any privacy laws.

Never played Shadowrun, but was curious enough to buy Shadowrun: Anarchy to try with some friends.

Any tips for a newbie? Also, is it wise to invest in a GM Screen at all?

Hey, you have to give me Vancouver, that one's close enough to Seattle you might expect it to come up.

Also Quebec a shit, Quebec becoming its own nation is even worse than the sout rising again.

Long story short, the 4e Sleeping Tiger was made from PVC, chain, poly-latex and wire mesh to resemble the repurposed trash that SINless and very poor orcs and trolls wore because they couldn't afford real clothing. In a previous /srg/ that shall be infamously remembered as Trash and Whores General, there was an argument about whether or not this meant that the Sleeping Tiger looked like garbage in every sense of the phrase.

>they don't have direct control over economy itself. That will, as it always has, run according to laws of supply and demand.

>he believes that the cabal of multinational corporations doesn't manipulate both supply and demand, artificially creating the economy they want to draw out maximum profit

Tell me another fairy tale.>The old world seems mostly intact. Nordics, Italy, maybe Baltics.

A lot of the Scandavians were fucked by the ecological disasters, and at least Finland is basically owned by Erika/Transys now. Italy devolved back into shitty city-states including GeMiTo, the worst sprawl in Europe. The Baltic Sea literally turned to poison that killed the surrounding ecologies in 2002 that caused those countries to collapse (slowly rebounding since the 2040s when magic bacteria was introduced).

Go read any 'Shadows of' book and find a place that isn't a shithole or that even offers human rights to everyone. You won't find one.

Two folders work just as well. Print/copy out any helpful papers. Always think about threat reaponse, in my opinion its the biggest thing in GMing Shadowrun. How fast they reapond/firepower etc

He's a corp baby so most of his lifestyle goes toward food, though when times are tough he always keeps hot sauce on hand to drown out the soy

>he always keeps hot sauce on hand to drown out the soy
Funny, I have a similar attitude towards chicken.

>What does your runner chew?
Oh, you know, the usual...

Thanks user, was pretty puzzled

Forgot to mention.

The people who introduced that bacteria to the Baltic? The Duchy of Pomorya, a country noted for it's ecological commitment. Nice of them, right?

Except it's an elf-supremacy state where trolls, orcs and dwarves are almost non-existent (they finally got rid of most of the humans thanks to 2064, claiming SURGE was a communicable disease and humans were the carriers), they care more about cleaning the sea than they do in stopping the rampant paracritters from devouring the peasants, and yes literally peasants, because the elves set themselves up as noble houses cobbled together out of various German and Slavic traditions to play make-believe.

Oh, and Proteus AG repolluted the Baltic. Welcome to the Sixth World, enjoy your stay.

>because the elves set themselves up as noble houses cobbled together out of various German and Slavic traditions to play make-believe.
Sounds like a fun place to visit. No joke, it sounds like it would be a pretty cool place if you just stuck to the tourist areas.

>lifestraw doesn't filter salt water

I'm glad I read that before I took one out onto my boat as part of an emergency kit, shit.

So long as you have a pair of pointy ears, it would be a hoot. Remember to get a R4 Linguasoft (Pomoryan), because they made up their own language by basically taking everything nearby and throwing it into a blender because it's not a real seekrit club if the neighbours can understand what the hell you're saying.

Elf posers are weird. Why even bother? It's like dark people who get skin whitening creams

>Linguasoft
>requires a skilljack
Can I just get something that plugs into my commlink and/or datajack?

Does anyone have that minmax breakdown for dual-wielding to get your dice pool to a level it's actually worth it? All I remember is Elf with max AGI and metagenetics, Ambidextrous, and Brand Loyalty.

Johnny is used to street fare & by that I mean dumpsters at the end of the day, or take out (throwing rocks at food delivery drones) or if he's feeling rich he'll go searching for something exotic (hunting devil rats)

>not having a skilljack

Don't be a bitch, it's a few thousand nuyen and 0.01 Essence for access to all the knowledge of the world. price for skillsoft subscription not included, Renraku is not responsible for intentional or accidental damage to your soul, terms and conditions may apply

>Don't be a bitch, it's a few thousand nuyen and 0.01 Essence
I have 0.02 Essence and don't want to die when a vampire sneezes on me.

Sounds like you need an upgrade, chummer! May we interest you in our fine array of alphaware?

>Sounds like you need an upgrade, chummer!
Oh, man, don't I, but I'm betaware or bust at this point.

Seriously though, is there not software to put subtitles in your AR?

>CarnivoreGold: This service is a mashup of a linguistic database and code-breaking software. It allows users to translate unknown languages that they may have no other way of understanding, including coded communication developed exclusively for small groups of people. This service allows the user to make a Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test in place of a Language + Intuition Test to understand what was said.

Cutting Aces 144

And what happened to SR4's linguasofts that could be used with commlinks? I dunno, so I'm going to say S-K copyrighted the idea of using linguasofts on commlinks, but Shiawase copyrighted the the technology to do so, and so they were all pulled off the shelves until the legal dust is settled. The case goes before the Corporate Court in 2088.

The less essence you have the harder for a vamp to drink you dry. Check the Essence Drain critter power.

23-24 dice should be enough i think. You'll have to be an adept for that though.

>250 nuyen per month
Seems really expensive when all I want is a linguasoft for a commlink.

Went out the window with CFD I bet, just like everything else CGL thought made things too easy.

>so they were all pulled off the shelves until the legal dust is settled.
Does this mean there's still some out there that I can steal or obtain on the black market?

>This service allows the user to make a Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test in place of a Language + Intuition Test to understand what was said.
>Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test
What about if I'm not a decker?

Computer is not a decker-only skill.

Is there anything you guys would like to see from a Finances and Licences tab in Chummer? Ideally it would include all your bank accounts/credsticks with their nuyen amounts (Including any outstanding loans from In Debt), and appropriate licences, with the items they cover.

Roll device rating -1.

So I've decided to plan ahead and prepare a true Slav experience for Shadowrun.

Does anyone have suggestions of cool runs that could have hilarious and stupid slav-tier twists and turns.

I've already got
> Protect a convoy from groups of malcontent gopniks.
>Investigate an irradiated nuclear reactor.
>Find out what's in the Metro.
>Hijack some milspec gear from an army depot.

I kinda what to run these like the Snatch, Lock Stock and co movies. Brutal, stupid surprises and maximum slav. Anyone has good crime-comedy movie recommendations ?

Let me rephrase: what if I want something that doesn't require actual skill to use effectively?

Must acquire the most stylish of tracksuits on short notice, because tonight Mr.Johnson is a Vory boss who only meets in fine dining establishments. Also, remove kebab.