Why is playing Tau in Warhammer 40k considered bad or a joke?

Why is playing Tau in Warhammer 40k considered bad or a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Scouring_of_Gnosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mix between weabshit and lingering salt over Devilfish cheese.

Every army in the game is bad joke.

Some people just think their whole aesthetics and feel being a mirror of old humanity is too out of place, without realizing that's the exact thing that makes them FUCKING ALIENS!!!

How is their army a joke, i just got into warhammer 40k and i havent seen anyone play Tau yet so i dont know much about them

See Most of the complaints I see is visually and thematically they feel out of place in 40k. Most of the setting is 80s-era gothic grimdark fantasy shit thrown into the far future. Even "clean" races like the Eldar have a sort of artsy melancholy to them. The whole setting looks like a marriage between 2e D&D and an H.R Geiger artbook.

Then the Tau show up with their shiny mech suits and it feels a little jarring. Personally though I don't think they look as out of place as people claim.

Because they quite literally were created to pander to the mecha and anime craze that was going on when they were new.

I'm not kidding.

Several reasons relating to the gameplay and fluff, sometimes interrelated.

In terms of gameplay, they've consistently been a high-tier army over the last few editions, mostly due to their use of highly effective units with relatively low costs. This encourages "competitive" lists that do nothing that spam those units, which is often seen as unsporting and uncreative. This lends further to the stereotype of the typical tau player whose army is 20 unpainted battlesuits.

In terms of fluff, many people take issue with there being a relatively unambiguous "good" race in warhammer, a setting known for its moral ambiguity. Attempts to make the Tau fit better into the dark setting make them seem too much like the Imperium, leaving them in an odd place. Other people point out that the Tau receive a lot of plot armor in story events relating to them, and the scope of the victories they achieve are unfitting of their status as "small xenos empire."

Tying the two together are those who believe that such a powerful tabletop army is unbefitting such a small faction in-setting, and that the focus on battlesuits as powerful units is pushing more interesting/unique concepts of the Tau (mostly the other races in their alliance) out of focus.

Not everything is pandering. Next you're gonna say Nid's are pandering to the famous cockroach fetish boom,

No, I'm being serious. They actually admitted it in an old interview.

>commie aliens seeking to enslave humanity
Would someone like to finally explain to me how they`re "good"?

Yeah I'm getting fucking tired of all the gundams that they pump out. I collected Tau before this riptide and stormsurge gundam fetish took over the Tau empire but i remember getting into them because they felt like the most logically sound army, just opting for tactical battlesuits to compensate for their smaller stature when facing roided out supersoldiers. Having the riptide or even the ugly af stormsurge just makes the Tau basically the asian version of the imperium of man. They completely throw off the army composition.

>In terms of gameplay, they've consistently been a high-tier army over the last few editions, mostly due to their use of highly effective units with relatively low costs. This encourages "competitive" lists that do nothing that spam those units, which is often seen as unsporting and uncreative. This lends further to the stereotype of the typical tau player whose army is 20 unpainted battlesuits.

Agreed, though every victory againt them (as DEldar) are things I remember fondly.

>In terms of fluff, many people take issue with there being a relatively unambiguous "good" race in warhammer, a setting known for its moral ambiguity. Attempts to make the Tau fit better into the dark setting make them seem too much like the Imperium, leaving them in an odd place. Other people point out that the Tau receive a lot of plot armor in story events relating to them, and the scope of the victories they achieve are unfitting of their status as "small xenos empire."

I always thought that this was the best part of the Tau, because for once, the humans arn't the good guys or the bad guys. The Imperium may be the most "good" faction if not for the Tau (and maybe Eldar). The Tau also bring in some light grey in a setting of dark grey and black.

>Tying the two together are those who believe that such a powerful tabletop army is unbefitting such a small faction in-setting, and that the focus on battlesuits as powerful units is pushing more interesting/unique concepts of the Tau (mostly the other races in their alliance) out of focus.

How do the Tau expand so fast again? They don't have warp travel, webway travel, or Necron deminsional tech right?

Let's break it down a bit. Humans in the Tau Empire.
Pros:
>Not going to get blammed for heresy
>Not going to get entire planet blammed for someone else's heresy
>Not going to get blammed for using the wrong kind of tech
>Not going to get blammed by a commissar
>Not going to get conscripted into the military, and if in the military, not going to be made to fight other humans
>Job might be made easier through automation
>Medical technology will actually be shared even if you're not rich
>Generally better quality of life and less chance of execution than average imperial citizen
Cons:
>Might be "reeducated"
>Depending on who you ask, might be sterilized
>Any attempts at having blue gf probably punishable by death
>Worse quality of life than high-ranking imperial citizen
>If you're good at back massages a kroot might kill and eat you for trying to steal his girl
Unclear:
>Chaos worship may go unpunished, or the Tau might monitor it just as well if the Ethereals are actually informed about the threat
>Tau might brainwash their other species and they might try to do it to you
>If the Imperium gets your world back there's a decent chance you're going to die

>Next you're gonna say Nid's are pandering to the famous cockroach fetish boom,
No, just to fans of the Alien franchise.

Here's the thing about their "competitiveness."
It's easy to build a good list for the FLGS, but they are NOT consistently placing high in tournaments.
Without assault or psychic, they're rather easy to use, just "point and click." A beginner Tau player has a decent shot of beating another beginner, but once the skill level increases the odds even out dramatically.
Part of the hatred probably comes from Veeky Forums not being that good at the game. I do not deny that cheesy lists take the fun out of casual games, but they are definitely less common than Veeky Forums claims.

>basically being a reskin of people is being alien
>but it's people from the past, so it makes sense

Doesnt make them "the good guys" tho. They still seek the enslavement of other races (the ethereals.have their own race enslaved already) while the IoM or Eldar just fight to ensure the survival of their species.

>I don't know who are those "eldar" you're talkin about mate

They need more hints that someone uplifted the Tau.

I agree. On the surface, Tau look like the voice of good and reason, but you barely have to scratch the surface to see that they have their own moral and ethical problems. If you take a brief glance at them then sure, they look out of place, but they are very much part of the universe.

You know, I've never seen this as a problem. 40k as a whole was inspired by a huge array of pre-existing sci-fi universes and tropes, along with several fantasy ones. To ignore things like elves and orcs in space, whilst looking down on mechs... It smacks of hypocrisy.

Answering 's question from a gameplay angle though (since that's what I'm mostly acquainted with), Tau are sometimes considered bad in a "bad for the game" sense for a few reasons. Since their introduction we've had easy access to Str10 AP1 weapons (basically the strongest guns in the game at the time), easy methods of boosting shooting and our basic guns were some of the strongest in the game. As a new player on the block, this rubbed some old guard the wrong way.

As mentioned, Devilfish cheese became a thing. Basically, the Tau transport is a rather big, boxy and well-armoured skimmer. As a skimmer, it hovered above the ground. At the time, skimmers couldn't be assaulted. So what happened is that Tau players would surround their units in Devilfishes. They could shoot under them but neither the unit nor the vehicle could be assaulted, and enemy units had a hard time going around the vehicle due to its size.

Nowadays, Tau are still good but for different reason. 40k now rewards shooting more than melee for various reasons that are too many to state now, but this is a place where Tau (who are weak to melee) shine. We have access to Riptides, tough, powerful and mobile units that are undercosted and have very few drawbacks. Stormsurges are a similar, even stronger unit for also a cheap cost. Ignoring enemy cover is also easy with support units.

(TBC)

If you don't think humans are slaves to the Imperium, you're nuts. If you think a non-Eldar life matters one iota to the Eldar beyond how much it helps them, you're nuts.
On their own, are the Tau good? Not really.
Within 40K, are they good? Absolutely.

>How do the Tau expand so fast again? They don't have warp travel, webway travel, or Necron deminsional tech right?

Hyper dense cluster of stars.

It is very easy to play a non-asshole Tau list, though. Casual game? Probably no more than a riptide and a ghostkeel at 1500. No more than two riptides, or a riptide and a stormsurge at 1850. Apocalypse, go nuts. Competitive? Do what you need to win.

(Continuing)

In my opinion (and I am a Tau player so take that how you will), Tau aren't actually too bad. There are a couple of units, such as Stormsurges and Riptides (and their variants) that need price increases, but otherwise the army is competitive but not game-breaking. There are plenty of ways to deal with Tau and the people that complain most tend to be, in my experience, people that try and run up to a gunline and somehow expect not to be shot. Or those that were already playing with poorly written codexes (like Orks). There is a problem with many battlefields not having the correct amount of sight-blocking terrain, but that's something else.

Oh definitely. Most units in the codex are actually well priced. A few of them are even overpriced (I'm looking at you flyers). I did neglect to mention that a lot of people can think of Tau as "bad" because their local Tau players constantly spam Riptides and Stormsurges. Or some of our bullshit formations (pre-made mini army lists that give specific bonuses, if any non-players are reading).

They're an in-universe joke on a cosmic scale, purely because of how insignificant they are. The whole of the 40k setting takes place in the Milky Way Galaxy. There are 100,000,000,000,000 stars in the milky way, or 100 BILLION.

The Tau empire encompases a "vast" 20 stars. That's a whopping 0.000000000002% of the setting. And want to know the most ridiculous part? THEY AREN'T EVEN AN FTL RACE. Here, have a copypasta: For reference, Tau's space travel caps out at roughly 1.2C.. Or 1.2x the speed of light. Ships in Elite Dangerous have a top-speed of 8.6 BILLION C, and even at that blistering speed, a journey from Sol(our home) to Sagitarius A(The SMB at the center of our galaxy) takes a 3 weeks journey.

>if any non-players are reading
thanks user

Wrong and retarded. How about you stick to the fluff? From the numbers to the basic facts you are wrong.

The Tau are stated to be among the major races and a superpower. Also they have FTL. A rising star that if not stopped will blaze across the galaxy. Heck, it's said if the Imperium abandoned their xenohate and allied with the Tau, they would make for an unstoppable couple. The Eldar named the Tau among the canidate races for an Anti-Chaos alliance.

As I am a guy who has most of the Tau sources I want to start fact checking you.

>The Tau empire encompases a "vast" 20 stars"

Source?

>For reference, Tau's space travel caps out at roughly 1.2C.. Or 1.2x the speed of light.

Wow....

What's the source?

While waiting Imaa gonna post mah sources.

>Warboss Grukk Face-rippa leads a rampage against the Tau Empire! The Tau have seen plenty of conflict during their brief ascension to the status of major player in the far future, and quite a lot of that conflict has been with Orks.

-WD 108 (digital)

--------------

Notice that it's the fault of the Imperium that a glorious alliance between the Tau and humanity is no longer possible. Such an alliance would have secured the security and prosperity of both races. Alas....thee scions of the Emperor are douches.

If the Imperium compromises on intolerance, where do they draw the line? Xenophobia is enforced to prevent ethics divergence, and tolerance always breeds divergence. You can turn on the T.V and see it for yourself.

>where do they draw the line?

On races that bear humanity no ill will like the Tau and Eldar?

>no ill will
>tau
>eldar
posting in a TIDF thread

The Tau do not seek to wipe humanity. They don't hate mankind. In fact, they went out of their way at times to save human life.

Eldar are the same to a lesser degree.

>Riptides, tough, powerful and mobile units that are undercosted and have very few drawbacks.
The prime reason Riptides are so good is becaus people are so afraid of them they don't realize they have the lowest damagr per point rating in an entire army and insist on focusfiting them despite them being the toughest brick on the table. God bless Veeky Forums for further fueling the image of "powerful Rapetides" that allowed this misconception to survive to these days.

Because they're an awful faction totally out of place in their universe. They ruin the setting.

They are not the Necrons.

>totally out of place in their universe
That's kinda the point. You need something good and geninuelly benevolent to show how it is the galaxy of evil cruel backstabbing dicks

>On the surface, Tau look like the voice of good and reason
If you're into imperialistic communism, maybe.

>caste system
>eugenics
>allow religion
>communism
Yeah, sure

>Get called collectivist all the time in the fluff.
>Collectivism being a code word for communism

You forget that humans have tried being nice to xenos before, but when the age of strife happened pretty much every one of their "friends" betrayed them

Wait, so if they have a winning strategy, the aforementioned 20 battlesuits, then why shouldn't they be allowed to run it?

Communism is just one of many collectivist ideologies.

Sure does sound like communism.

The Tau very much seek to bring as much as possible under the umbrella of their Greater Good. I see no reason to believe that the Tau would just give up all expansionist desires towards the IoM even if xenopobia wasn't the main policy of mankind. You can't even really blame it all on the IoM, iirc the Imperium's first contact with the modern Tau was the Tau colonizing some outlying Imperial worlds.

>code word
want to know how I know you are a shit eating moron?

Partly because that's boring as fuck. But also because ideally someone spamming just one unit should not do very well due to units having a counter or a weakness that could be exploited. If a unit is good enough that you can win running literally just that one unit then something is wrong.

>Tau was the Tau colonizing some outlying Imperial worlds.

To be fair, they were neglected frontier worlds whose populace weren't pleased with the Imperium.

>Partly because that's boring as fuck.
Gunline Tau centered around FWs, Riptides and Broadsides sure is boring. 20 suit Crisiswing with Tetra spotters definitely aren't.

>But also because ideally someone spamming just one unit
Crisis trams have so much combustibility, it's safe to say differently geared teams are more diverse than entirely different units in other armies. But sure, double-CIB TaRoCha with six drones is tecnically the same unit as the Monat suicide fusiondrop.

No... no you don't.

Readers and players KNOW what good is. You don't play saints row and go "Man all these people are jackasses but I can't figure it out because their isnt a good guy?"

No you use your own thinky parts and go "Geeze that exterminatus thing sure is fucked up.

Just because my child says he hates me because I haven't fed him in a week and I make him sleep in a box outside doesn't entitle you to abduct him.

>No you use your own thinky parts and go "Geeze that exterminatus thing sure is fucked up.
Poiny is in the 40k you can easily justify the exterminatus, xenos purges and witch hunts as the lessser, even necesary evil, until you suddenly see a faction that managed to get shit done without resorting to "fucked up shit"

10/10

Not all matchups are equal. A mediocre Tau list is still strong enough to faceroll the best Ork list or non-flyrant bid list going. The skill increase making them more manageable only applies if your army isn't shit tier.

>The Tau are stated to be among the major races and a superpower.
I'm a tau player since their first codex, and you're full of shit.

>A mediocre Tau list is still strong enough to faceroll the best Ork list
Well, nowadays almost anything is strong enought to steamroll any Ork list.

They'd actually be a bit of ham-fisted villains in a setting like Star Trek, amusingly enough.

Tau tend to get away without the need for witch hunts on account of lacking witches. Luckily they've got themselves a genestealer cult now, give them a couple of centuries for some 'stealer and chaos uprisings and we'll see how things look.

The Tau talk a good game about collectivism and the greater good, but you really think an Ethereal would allow his position to be compromised for the good of some people he might not even share a race with? The Tau are just as racist as the IoM, it's just their racism takes the form of patronizing colonialism.

>The Tau talk a good game about collectivism and the greater good, but you really think an Ethereal would allow his position to be compromised for the good of some people he might not even share a race with? The Tau are just as racist as the IoM, it's just their racism takes the form of patronizing colonialism.
So whatt's the difference from the real world USSR/China that also were all about Russians/Han being a bunch of dicks to everyone else and trying to erase their ethnic identities while putting a face of "helping" them and Partocrates grabbing all the power for their small sealed circle.

Pretty much this.
It was their attempt to put pure futuristic sci-fi into a game that was made to be a knock-off of their own fantasy lineup with some guns strapped on, give or take a little World War 1/2 flavor.

I don't know if GW liked or regretted the decision, but it did allow them to expand into marketing towards those who would be more attracted to stuff like Star Trek, Star Wars, Gundam, and a number of other sci-fi series.

I imagine a lot of infinity players might have been former Tau players. Not pro/anti Tau, but it does have that sci-fi aesthetic and ranges out to goddamn.

>lowest damagr per point rating in an entire army

Perhaps. But the fact remains that Riptides are incredibly tough AND mobile. Toughness 6, 5 Wounds, 2+ armour, 5++ invulnerable (goes up to 3++) and potentially 5+++ Feel No Pain is an amazing statline. They can also jump up to 4D6". So whilst their weapons aren't the last word in firepower, they can move to where needed AND stick around for most of the game. Their weapons aren't that weak either, they're an incredibly reliable source of high-strength AP2 or/and anti-air depending on what you kit them out with.

Veeky Forums definitely overestimates how overpowered Riptides are and they do have a few weaknesses, but they ARE overpowered for what they cost. Even in our own codex, there's little reason not to shell out extra points for a Riptide over 3 Dual-Plasma XV8s.

The fluff's all over the place with this, with the information we have the Tau Empire should be a minor xenos less worthy of note than the Q'rol or Hrud. But they consistently get mentioned in the same breath as the other major races. My explanation is the Tau Empire by itself would be quite minor, but the alliance they've made of Kroot, Vespid, Demiurg, Nagi, Nicassar etc is what makes them notable. That or bad writing. One of the two.

In USSR/China anyone can theoretically become a partocrat. Even backward drunk yokels from ukraine. In the Tau Empire you're born an Ethereal or you're SoL.

Considering the money they milk off Tau, I'm pretty sure they don't have any regrets.

Their battlesuits look like retarded legos. Gtfo out my 40k tau. I've hated them since they first appeared at my gw.

>The Tau are stated to be among the major races and a superpower.

I really want to see a diorama of that Possessed on the right, snipping off that Tau's head with his crab claw.

>In USSR/China anyone can theoretically become a partocrat
In USSR maybe, but you still have to reject your ethnic identity and embrace Russian culture as your own. In China... haven't heard of any non-Han chairmen.

>The Tau are stated to be among the major races
Read: They're a playable faction. And the smallest of them, assuming that there are a lot more Tyranids on the way.

> and a superpower
Their empire's a little bubble out on the Eastern Fringe. It's expanding, but there's still regular comments in the fluff about them being upstarts who don't have the capability to do much beyond their own little sphere of influence. They weren't even able to take part in the Eye of Terror campaign proper because of it, so GW had to shoehorn them in by saying they were simultaneously in the middle of the Third Sphere Expansion.

I'm so glad that Blanche's Tau concept art was ignored. Say what you will about how their aesthetic turned out, it looks like he'd have turned them into an utter fucking joke by making them a bunch of Space Samurai™. Leave him to the Imperial and Chaos stuff.

What if I just wanted to field a bunch of Tau infantry, with some drones and maybe a tank or two? Would that still get me hate?

I like the Tau as a mobile long-range military of above-average soldiers and good technology. Not really a fan of the battlesuits, but I love the drones.

it's not cheese but boy is infantry-heavy Tau are boring to play both with and against.

>Above-average soldiers and good tech
They don't have drones but in that case you may as well look at Skitarii. They don't have the range of Tau troops or Drones but they have a higher BS skill, 4 vs Tau 3, and their own selection of weird "high" tech.

>Even in our own codex, there's little reason not to shell out extra points for a Riptide over 3 Dual-Plasma XV8s.
Bad example. Plasma is probably the least useful gun for Crisis suits. Compared to 3 dual CIB suits Riptide sucks socks.

Tau shot first and the Imperium doesn't take kindly to aliens taking over human worlds. When you consider that most aliens are legitimately horrible monsters that deserve nothing less than destruction, you might be able to see why the Imperium reacted with the First Democles Crusade. They didn't know what the Tau posed toward mankind and they weren't of the mind to take chances. By the time they learned of the nature of the tau, the two sides were already at the point that they refused to recognize the sovereignty of the other. And that's the big problem.

No one talks about the relatively docile aliens that are tolerated within the Imperium. So long as they don't pose a threat to humanity, they are allowed to exist. Some, admittedly non-sentient, like the grox, are wide-spread at this point. The Imperium doesn't even heckle the Eldar unless the Eldar have caused them trouble lately.

Ultimately, though, both bodies seek to rule the galaxy, refusing to recognize any other group's sovereignty. Tau refuse anything short of total assimilation and dominance in the name of the Greater Good, and the Imperium still holds onto the ideals that the Emperor set forth that ultimately promise peace and prosperity.

>t. Ayn Rand
I genuinely want you people to realize that communism is not only not the only collectivist ideology, but is not collectivist at all. They advocated the death of society and "liberation" of the individual from social relations they thought "oppressive" (which would include the employer - employee relation, the modern family etc.). That's the most individualistic you can get, and yet people like you still call them collectivist because of the 1984 Soviet Union meme. And the Tau are not really grounded in any existing ideology. They are just a 1984-flavour faction. At most, they could be compared to fascists (because of their view of the relation of the person and the state/society), but they still lack the finer points of the ideology like their attitude to struggle, faith etc.

You should only get hate against ignorant newbies who think that anything Tau is bad. You might get a couple of those depending on where you play.

As for if it's viable... Kind of? You'll have the Hammerheads and Skyrays for anti-tank and anti-air, but it's tricky to fill other gaps. The only anti-2+-armour you'll have is massed pulse/snipe fire and maybe rail rifles. You might also find it tricky to deal with a lot of light vehicles. Still, setting yourself a challenge like this is fun, to me at least.

>Still, setting yourself a challenge like this is fun, to me at least.
Int's not a challenge. Playing tau without suits is like playing Marines and never equipping your tacticals with specialist weapons. It's shooting yourself in the leg.

>referring to mobile suits collectively as gundams

Really triggers my fucking autism

Deal with it. It's part of the fluff.

see here The Tau after the TSE have become a great power in the galaxy to the point that Eldar considered them as potential allies in the great war against Chaos. You would have had a point during the SSE but now the Tau are a force to be reckoned with.

> but you really think an Ethereal would allow his position to be compromised for the good of some people he might not even share a race with?

Aun'shi and Ko'Vosh both sacrificed themselves to save members of other castes.

>The Tau are just as racist as the IoM,

There are examples of Tau putting themselves in danger to save the lives of humans like the time a Stormsurge pilot saw that the humans fleeing from a hive city were being hit by bombardment by the Imperial guards who were suppose to protect them. Guess what did he do? He shielded the humans and saved their lives to the detriment of himself.

Tell me would a human do the same for an alien?

Well the point stands. If you want AP2 in your army, Riptides are the best way to get it - Ion or Burst Cannon.

>CIB
Yeah, but then you're getting up close to your opponent which reduces your odds of getting out alive.

To be honest, I'm not really arguing that there aren't units that can put out more damage for the same points, but the Riptide isn't far behind in those cases whilst miles ahead in survivability.

Both Eldar and Necrons have suffered more at the hands of aliens than humanity ever did. And you know what? They are not as half as hateful towards aliens as humanity. Both Necrons and Eldar have shown genuine respect and consideration towards aliens and are willing to allow aliens to live in their galaxy (majority of the Necrons anyways).

So what's the excuse of humanity for acting so immature?

>Yeah, but then you're getting up close to your opponen
6" closer, sure, very scary
If only Crisis suits had some ways to jump back after shooting...
Id' take extra strength and two extra shots over AP2 and +6" range any time.

>Why is playing Warhammer 40k considered bad or a joke?
Cause it's a bad game and you're an idiot for playing it.

>Imperium treats Chaos worship with your local district being glassed
>Tau just think you're loopy and nobody joins your cult because none of them take you seriously.

Well tits, looks like Tau may have an advantage in citizenship.

>Necrons have shown genuine respect and consideration towards aliens and are willing to allow aliens to live in their galaxy
Since when, I can think of one or two Necron Lords that have shown respect to other races and the Eldar are pretty aggressive when it comes to purging aliens from Maiden worlds even if they aren't harming anything.

>Since when,

"Words of the Silent King". It's shown that Triarch Praetorian 1,2,3 have great respect for the Blood Angels. Also the Silent King doesn't hate humanity and wishes it to survive as vassals in his empire.

>Eldar are pretty aggressive

Some times they give warnings to the humans to leave. An Eldar corsair peacefully relocated humans from one of the maiden worlds.

So that's 4 necrons in one novel. Didn't realize that constituted the majority of Necrons.

>Sometimes they give warnings.
Sometimes those warnings also consist of demanding an entire population that's been there for a 1,000 years leaves a planet in a day or be slaughtered wholesale.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Scouring_of_Gnosis

But nah, the Eldar aren't racist at all, a few acts of not being dicks clearly absolves them of all the shit they pull.

But hey, I guess since the Ultramarines once fought alongside the Tau against Necrons and let the Tau leave before they launched Exterminatus upon the planet that means the Imperium isn't actually racist at all.

Every race has its dicks.

>Didn't realize that constituted the majority of Necrons.

Well, there are 12 masked dynastic phaerons present in the Silent King council. They have reaffirmed their loyalty to the Silent King and they pretty much agree with his course of action. So you have 12 supreme leaders of the Necrons alongside the Silent King who don't want humanity destroyed but subjugated.

Also you have Trazyn who singlehandedly made Cadia endure longer than it should've just because he decided that day he should change himself and be a hero that the galaxy needs.

Marines aren't humans. So they don't count.

And they committed warcrimes against the Tau like shooting up a Tau nursery and using Tau civilians as body shields.

>Every race has it's dicks
This applies to the Imperium too and frankly can go the other way in that every race has it's individuals that don't hate xenos. Rogue Traders pretty regularly trade with Xenos and there are a lot of "non-threatening" xenos races that are allowed to exist within the borders of the Imperium.

You can't really dismiss the Eldar purging the shit out of humans on Maiden worlds when it's something that happens fairly regularly.

The Phaerons agree with the Silent King because they want an empire and to enslave the younger races, not because they hold a genuine respect and consideration for humans. Even in "The Word of the Silent King" the alliance between the Silent King and Dante is only given any approval because it's played off as the Silent King using them as tools and letting them take greater losses.

They're part of the Imperium and generally follow it's policies, they count.

>they committed warcrimes against the Tau
>Every race has its dicks

Just face it, every faction in 40k is a dick. The Tau have twice now invaded Imperial worlds to forcibly pull them into the greater good. Eldar have intentionally directed orks and tyranids into Imperial worlds for various reasons rather than work with Imperials. Necrons care more about resurrecting their empire over "lesser" races than they do the actual lesser races themselves.

The Imperium has unreasonable policy of extermination and persecution of xenos life. Alien that are spared usual are non-sentient/sapient (Grox and those tech-monkeys). The other races do not have that policy.

I mean for gods sake the humans exterminated races that fought alongside them against the Tyranids once the hive fleet was driven away.

As for "Word of the Silent King" :

>Even so, it was hard not to admire the conviction with which the humans fought. They may come to recognise in time the threat of the tyranids like we do. For that, we wear these trinkets and adornments to commemorate their sacrifice. We honour their dead, even if we do not mourn their loss.

The Necrons genuinely respect the Blood Angels who they see as humans since any Necron can manhandle a marine.

And the primary purpose of the alliance as to show the Blood Angels that the Necrons could be allied with in order for Anrakyr to forge an alliance with them in the future.

Why the Silent King chose treachery? Because the Blood Angels did the same. The Silent King has sight into the future and the past via his cryptek. Dante planned on killing the Silent King after the Tyranids were defeated. The Silent King merely beat Dante to the punch.

>You can't really dismiss the Eldar purging the shit out of humans on Maiden worlds when it's something that happens fairly regularly.

They use different methods to achieve this and when they go to war against against the humans, a war of extermination, they do it with heavy hearts. Since they see the humans as just backwards and ignorant, not truly evil.

>The Tau have twice now invaded Imperial worlds to forcibly pull them into the greater good.

But treated the humans on them fairly or relocated them to their core worlds to attain a better life.

>Eldar have intentionally directed orks and tyranids into Imperial worlds for various reasons rather than work with Imperials.

The Imperials just won't trust the Eldar.

> Necrons care more about resurrecting their empire over "lesser" races

And as the Silent King and Anrakyr put it, sentient life is vital for the restoration of the Necron Empire. Without living races around, the Necrons can't maintain their empire in balance since...

>Szarekh would have it known by every phaeron of every dynasty, that he is a just and noble ruler. Before the Great Sleep, he realised his failings and vowed to atone for them. He is humble enough to learn from his own mistakes. The necrons will rise once more, and he will lead us into a new and glorious age as the preeminent masters of creation. Not because it is his right, but a privilege that he would first re-earn.

>Yet, his benevolence has its limits.

>It is not to say that he harbours the humans any particular malice. Simply, their supposed destiny is incompatible with our own. Perhaps if they had ascended more powerfully in an earlier epoch, then they might have claimed this galaxy out from beneath the slumbering dynasties while the Silent King still dwelt in self-imposed exile.

>And perhaps not. Their propensity for self-destruction is… troubling.

>The tyranids are anathema to all life, and life is what the necrons require for supreme domination. So too, then, is the primal destiny of the Devourer incompatible with our own.

>The humans create.

>The necrons maintain.

>The tyranids consume.

>There can be no lasting symmetry in that triumvirate. One must fall. The great Szarekh has decreed that it shall be the tyranids, and none can refute the word of the Silent King.

-Word of the Silent King

Necron require life. They will protect life. Humanity will live on in a galaxy controlled by the Necrons. In galaxy completely in control of the Imperium, there would be no xenos life.

Continued...

>They're part of the Imperium and generally follow it's policies

The marines are brainwashed with concepts of honour and chivalry handed to them by their primarch. Whenever marines act nice towards xenos it's from the context of martial honour/respect. Ordinary Imperial humans are not honorable and can scarcely show empathy to their fellow man let alone other forms of life.

If the imperium and genestealers joined forces they would prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy

If the imperium and the servants of Chaos put aside their differences they would prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy

If the Eldar and Necrons puts aside their differences they would prove to be an unstoppable force in the galaxy.

If the Orks and the Orks put aside their differences they would be an unstoppable force in the galaxy.

I could do this all day. Doesn't change the fact that the tau are shit and stuck in a tiny reject portion of the milky way.

>tau page for ants

What is with all these tiny 40k pics popping up?

>>Tau just think you're loopy and don't take you seriously until your cult murders everyone and nearly assassinates a visiting Ethereal after which they sterilize the entire population just to be safe and put them into work camps.

ftfy

But guys
Farsight