/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 2 (1d20)

TEN THOUSAND WOLF HQs Edition

Sweep Advance is a meme disadvantage Sub-edition

user's car was a disappointment, the same as FW's errata. Should have invested in cool Bionicles and Filiketos whaleships. But you can't un-fuck a girl. In this tragedy-ridden galaxy, we aren't quite sure about some rules, and definitely can't agree on pizza toppings.
The summary makes more sense if you were in last thread, I promise, but what happens at stays at BOREALUM.

>THE ONLY SCANS WE'LL EVER GET
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

iron hands da best
emperors children and word bearers are fucking shit

No! This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!

Why do I even like this setting? Everything in it makes me either fucking sad, fucking angry or both :/

>Rolled 2 (1d20)

The XIX will take this bread from [REDACTED]!!

Not unless someone elects you, terran boi

I like Word Bearers. They a cool dudes who don't afraid of anything and turn the gellar fields off

But iron hand are cool too

I'm losing sleep over my loadout over my Sekhmet squad termies. Should I have at least one maul for concussive vs characters? Should I have a power sword or a power axe on my sergeant?

pick something you're going to send them after

kit them to do that job

Disregarding the memery that is ever present in this general, how do you like your Word Bearers?
Crusaders of the Truth, or Unhinged fanatics?
Agents of the Anihilator, or Aspirants of Aetheric Assimilation?

How about everything? Astartes? Artillery? Other termies? Characters? Spartans?

I think you want at least one chainfist in case a dreadnought happens. And keep as many force weapons as possible, because they're force weapons.

Not sure if the Force Stave (there is no such thing as a Force Maul FW) is a good option. Whilst it does have concussive, it basically always allows armoursaves for the targets that matter ... and relying on them to fail that 2+ for the concussive seems not that great.

Take axes if you don't want to get stuck against other terminators and have a competent local meta where they always make sure you gotta charge through terrain with terminators.

Pick one thing or they're gonna end up schizophrenic and retarded and not able to actually kill even ONE thing.

Progress on my legion diorama.
1/2

Angry. Angry about Ultrmarines. To the point where they became Khornate in the 41st millenium after having enough sense to get off of Calth. Lots of Melta and Flamers, for sure.

2/2

Hrmmm. 4 force axes out of 5 sounds good then. Thanks user, I'll just keep accruing bits for now.

I really like the helmet on the Night Lord, how do you do it?

Guardians of the Covenant, the Illuminators, the Last Bastion.

>To the point where they became Khornate in the 41st millenium after having enough sense to get off of Calth

They didn't leave willingly. Their damned souls were blasted into the warp of the Ruinstorm. Video game about the Underground War where its basically Space Marine meets Dead Space meets Red Faction: Resurrection fighting hordes of twisted chaos zombies and daemons when?

The blue is stegadon scale green, then temple guard blue highlights. Then 50/50 blue and black wash.

The White was just two thinned down coats of ulthuan grey. I found its easier to black line the mouth grills with a pen after, than to paint around them with white.

Thanks, punisher marines will become a thing.

2500/2500

>I Legion, Ironwing RoW

>HQ

Delegatus w/ MC-TGS, AA, RF (100)
3-man LCS (105) 3x Axe
Rhino w/ Pintle HB w/ Acid (50)

>Troops

10-man Tac Squad (215) Extra CCW, Sarge w/ CWB+AA
Rhino w/ Pintle HB w/ Acid

>Elites

10-man VTS (290) 5x PS, Sarge w/ CWB+AA

Contemptor-Cortus Talon (290) 2x C-C w/ DCCW, Chainfist

>Fast Attack

Javelin Squadron (210) 3x Javelin w/ Acid, 6x HKM

>Heavy Support

Artillery Squad (225) 3x WW
Sicarian (200) Sponson HB, Pintle HB, Acid
Spartan (385) FS, AC, HB, Acid

Babbys first list, plenty of time to work kinks out since I'm saving up until early summer to buy dingles en masse.
Tacs sit on objs, extra CCWs to make them a bit more prickly. Javelins and Cortus hunt tanks. Sicarian picks off light vehicles and infantry. Vets can either dick on important objs or be infantry killers as needed. Delegatus and bros most likely do very little except not die and maybe try and contest objs. Whirlwinds either are AA, or cheap arty/tank tax if there is no air. Spartan is... Spartan.

Thoughts?

>Space Marine meets Dead Space
user, we already have that one.
It's graviton weapons and the Halo Stars.

your tanks cant take acid rounds, and your list has no teeth, and nothing useful to put in your spartan

Ok one of the few lists I'd suggest a Deredeo over the whirlwinds for AA. Take the las cannons, maybe ML if you want. All dreads get Tank hunter so that makes those shots really scary, and it can shoot things other than planes, which unless your meta is riddled with them, aren't much of a worry.

ah fack, I fucking forgot it was LA or noughts only
I should probably drop the Spartan unless I can find something to stuff inside it, that and dropping the Acid on the tanks will free up ~400 points.
I think I have a good core, I'm just... unsure how to use my (shitty excuse for) LA rules while also making a nice killy unit or two

That would also mean throwing in another tank of some kind or dropping either the cortus talon or the javelins, which was the sole reason I avoided putting in a dorito

Crusaders who do what they do so that humanity can survive. It is a noble work, to ensure humanities survival.

I'm sorry to inform you that they're all dead.

We've embraced the truth. Only united can the neverborn and humanity claim the galaxy as our birthright. Only together shall we purge the xenos from our realm.

That World Eater's left arm/hand is all kinds of fucked up.

>Wants to purge xenos from this galaxy
>So imports xenos from another dimension and gives them free housing within his body
Gee.

I dropped the acid, pintle HBs except on the Sicarian, and the Spartan, putting me at 2020pts

wat do
remember, I need a tank for every non-tank unit, so it either needs to take a DT or I would need to add another tank somewhere

>Implying the daemons of the Primordial Truth share anything in common with those lesser creatures.

I'm no expert, but your list seems to be full of holes. Outflank or deep strike would wreck havoc in your backlines and only your Sicaran would be able to stop it (which means it would likely be the first target). Your frontline seems to be full of vulnerabilities and is dependent on the enemy walking into your killbox, where the tacticals would hang back and pepper whatever is approaching. But it'll crumble to an actual specialized gunline with long range weaponry.

Weak to a strong gunline, weak to deep strike, weak to general randomness, no real backbone in the army besides the Spartan. For 2500 points, I'd expect more redundancies than tac spam and a Sicaran hanging in the back.

You will have to add a tank somewhere.

Hey, man, even the KKK was willing to import Jews to fight the twin scourges of Catholicism and Blacks.

Source: My family had some encounters with the klan back in WWII.

Drop a tac squad, run more squadrons of tanks, as that's the point of Ironwing. You're not really getting any BS5 boosts at all. Also cortus seem ok, but will die pretty fast, usually do in any game I've played with them

thats because they were controlled opposition at that point

>Catholicism
>a scourge
Both praise God and use Bible, mr /pol/. Maybe you should focus first on those who don't.

>worshiping moloch
i see you are cuckpilled, impressive.

Can you please take this to /pol/ where it belongs?

For some reason, I'm flirting with the idea of fielding Mortis Boxnoughts with autocannons or lascannons instead of a heavy support squad. Decent idea? Terrible idea?

oh no, people are talking in the dead 30k thread, better cry like a bitch again.

you are the reason these thread are dead btw

>i see you are cuckpilled, impressive.
He said in the chorus of his twin voices, while his body was host to a daemon.
He was one of the "lucky" ones. Those who would come after him would recieve daemons of ever lesser quality to be pupeteered by

ever wonder why the WB are based on the (((church)))?

>The WB linger on compliant worlds too much because priestly Kor Phareon spends time teaching the acolytes the Imperial """faith"""
Not really, no.

I'm actually Catholic, my great-uncle was lynched for trying to woo a southern lass.

My grandfather on the other side was very obviously Jewish and the Klan kept trying to recruit him during the war. I'm talking a generation removed from pic related Jewish.

>WBs based on the Church
>Not Lutheranism
The only thing they're missing is Lorgar nailing his 95 theses, bound in human flesh, to the door of the Imperial Palace during the Siege of Terra.

What's the Word Bearer equivalent of that time Martin Luther wrote a scathing essay about how horrible peasants were because they robbed him?

fucking protestants

When Lorgar turned Angron into a Daemon Primarch?

When he got super mad at the Ultramarines after Monarchia got wasted.

What about the time where he started writing about how the Jews needed to be driven away because they weren't lining up outside his door to convert?

I'm building every consul for my TS just because I can, but now I'm realizing that I don't know what's the best load out for my forge lord.

How do you guys equip your forgelords?

>Catti-termintor
>cyber familar
>chainfist
>rad 'nads
>add tech-presit stuff to taste

would using pic related heads in tartaros armor be a suitable enough upgrade to be considered "sekhmet" terminators? or should I just go whole hog and support GW by buying their scarab occult dudes.

New to 30k. Legion list building is a little overwhelming compared to my regular 40k territory. How do I make a Phosphex-using IW Ironfire army that's decent without running out of points by the fourth unit?

Honestly I would go Scarab occult. The Tzeench icons are minimal and you don't even really need to convert their equipment much.

by playing at 3k and not using ironfire you tremendous fucking faggot

Just a question, man. My 40k dudes are World Eaters and I wanted to mix it up some. I've never even fielded a barrage weapon before.

Just a heads up that Ironfire IW are considered cheese and anti-fun

if you play to run IW limit yourself to 2 quad mortars and 1 medusa/basilisk max, and field big bitter tac blobs

Play alot of ZM with my local, am I a bad man for making a myrmidon heavy 13 model 1250pts list full of irradiation engines and grav imploders?

Fair enough. The alternative I considered was Blood Angels, but like IW, I struggled to get them set up to do more than a super mediocre job.

of course you are user, you big old nigger

That would be kind of funny though. Horus: "This idiot is trying to nail some sheets to the bestes defended door in the imperium!"
Mortarion: "Thats why we are losing the war."
Perdurabo: -decimates internally-

This makes no sense

Anyone else off over half term, excited to do some priming and getting fucked by the weather?

Weather's just starting to get better here, so I'm looking forward

Its finally stopped raining here, so I plan to do a shitload of priming tomorrow to catch up with all the models ive assembled over the past few weeks

>2 Tantalus
>2 Raiders
>3 Venoms
>20 kabalites
>80 night goblins
>8 converted Squig machinegunners
>2 mega dreds
>landspeeder javelin
>20 mk 3 tacticals
>various characters ive converted

Off for half term but too much studying to have fun unless it's dark

No that was because he ate with a Jewish family and got food poisoning because they were poor

Should i get a melta or two on Sekhmets, or is relying on saturation power from plasma enough most vehicles?

Armoured Ceramite makes melta was less appealing.

More work done on these guys, just waiting on FW shoulderpads now.

I run plasma and two chainfists per five, but if you're deepstriking them then melta can be effective against things like sicarans and artillery that can be overlooked

Please tell me you're removing mouldlines

yes, it may seem strange to do it after assembly, but I've found the results are the same but it saves me about half the time I spend doing it before assembly since I don't fuck with hidden ones

in that pic the glue is still drying on some parts, currently on #2 for moldlines and some other sanding

>SM meets dead space.
Just putting that here.

Why are other orks passively watching the beakie stomp one of their boyz's head?

they know better than to interrupt a blood angel during stomping time?
They learnt that much from their little encounter with Mephiston

Good conversion so far. Making them look like bolters is IMO a perfect compromise. It only makes sense that "sniper vets" look like "sniper vets", though it's fine on the other hand to look "normal" and fluff the rule as being conferred by their skill or tactics.

What's the left shoulderpad by the way?
And double check that the barrels are straight aligned with the bolter. I fear they might be tilting to the left.

It's from Regicide, the goddamn chess game that superb animations and great graphics, all wasted on a goddamn CHESS GAME.

Good work, I think it's a really good balance

The act of destruction is always sacred. There is no overkill.

Omnissiah Vult

Not much they can do at that point. Might as well watch the git get his head stomped.

And it was Gobnibble anyway

Nobody liked Gobnibbla

True enough.
kek

How the AI in case you played it? I thought about practicing some chess, it won't hurt if there's some blood on the field.

You seem mad that it was used for a chess game.
True enough. Gobibba was a surly Loota who deserved to die. He killed my Squig.

his will be done, I will destroy so he may rebuild!

How does that cogboy's wires not get destroyed?

Haven't played it I'm afraid. Last time I played chess was more than a decade ago when my mother sent me away on a chess summercamp because she didn't want me to stay at home and play vidya.

Of course I'm mad. It came out at the time we were starved for a 40k game, everyone saw the teaser that looked cool, but they weren't clear it was a chess game at first. Such a waste of talent.

So what units would be classed as "Megaheavies"? Now superheavies are somewhat more common, what's taken their old spot?
Ordinatii, the Manta, Eldar Revenants, Reaver and Warlord Titans obviously, maybe the Stormbird and Warhound?
Those who have Titans, do Warhounds hit the table often enough for that? They're a bit borderline between the "Knight/Baneblade" levels and the Megaheavies.

>Of course I'm mad. It came out at the time we were starved for a 40k game, everyone saw the teaser that looked cool, but they weren't clear it was a chess game at first. Such a waste of talent.
Maybe that talent can be used in the future for not a chess game. Have some Jackson.

>Megaheavies
Never heard that term before, (in any community,) so it's kind of difficult to answer your question.

Nah, I kind of made it up. There's now that class of completely huge Superheavy models that really aren't on the same tier as a Knight or Malcador, the really big bastards. Generally they don't actually get used outside of Apoc, same as the position of the old Superheavies like the Baneblade.

Christ /pol/ get the fuck out of /hhg/.
Most of you /pol/ scum probably don't even buy FW, you just screech autistically about mah rights and mah Trump while playing with plastic and Chinacast.

Ah, got it. Funnily enough I think of it the other way round, that there are superheavies and "supermiddleweights" like the malcador.

Begone, demon!

We fight heresy wherever it is found!