Warhammer 40,000 General

>expecting Phil Kelly's pet chapter primarch going traitor and Magnus turning loyal ISHYGDDT edition

>rotten bread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPSCjnwD3gc
youtu.be/oEoL-5fPxtc
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
games-workshop.com/en-US/White-Dwarf-February-2017-ENG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>meanwhile, in GW HQ
"our player base and tournament statistics say that demons are OP, should we nerf them?"

"No, just give one to the Eldar instead"

>tfw getting my army back after over a year of not having it

Happy times fellas

If I have 3 librarians I know they share dice but do they share powers? Do they each try to get hammer hand so they can each cast it or does one of them getting it allow for all of them to cast it?

the avatar of khaine's been classed as a daemon since... third edition

not really strange the avatar of whatever is also one

Each psyker generates their own powers and can't share unless you take the librarius conclave formation.

The free 5+ invuln and fearless is not what makes daemons op.

Reposting from last thread in tl;dr form

Dire Avenger Exarch with Diresword Y/N?
If Y, then does it become N below 1000 pts when there's an Exarch instead of a Farseer (and thus no way to increase the Exarch's Strength)?

I think you missed his point

>tfw even the Ynnari bullshit can't make Wyches playable

What are you guys working on?
Play any games?
Plan to?

I'm working on my Venom, but took a bit to convert up a single Wrack I ordered into a Haemonculus for my Grotesquerie because I didn't want to have 2 of the same models just painted differently for an army with easy customization. I wanted to do a headswap, but the regular DE heads were too big and he looked goofy as shit. Pic related is my mockup of him with the Grotesques.

I quit playing 7th edition 40k and switched to AoS. So far it's a much faster and more enjoyable experience compared to 40k.
I'm really hoping that 8th edition eliminates or consolidates a lot of the game mechanics but the latest rules coming out tell me that isn't likely. Why would they release units like the Yncarne and the Visarch if they were going to rewrite the rules in an upcoming new edition?
Not much hope of a more streamlined experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=OPSCjnwD3gc
Jokes aside, I like that idea for your grotesques.

That video made me giggle like an idiot.
You know the best part about the grotesque conversions? $40. Fuck that $24 per model Finecrap shit. $40 for 6 THICCBOI OGRES and just use the spare parts from the Cronos and Talos I already had purchased and some spare termie bases my friend gave me.

Anyway, here's the goofy headswap. It looked better in my head...

Codex Supplement: Wych Cults when?

>tfw making a list solely out of Succubi, Wyches, Reavers, Beast Masters, and maybe Incubi because fuck you

it'd be pretty great. GW could actually sell some fucking Wyches for once. Or even release a new Talos-equivalent for Wyches (ie. some sort of Beast Master thing)

also Hellions will always be shit and nothing can fix them, ever

Wait daemons are OP? Now I REALLY need that CotW book

pls r8, no h8.

last heavy weapons squad. are 7 heavy weapon las cannons too much?

This one auto played after :(
youtu.be/oEoL-5fPxtc

Is there any way to make Chaos Bikers scoring units?

>Hellions will always be shit and nothing can fix them, ever

Give them the ability to do something like a single close-combat attack to one model they pass within X(no more than like 3) amount of inches of. It'd fulfill the "calling body parts or targets" and guerilla style fighting fantasy. Also make them Jet Infantry or some Jump-jet combo to make them stupid fast.

As for a Talos-equivalent, no thanks. Give me reworked Beastmaster. I want some crazy fucker on a Skyboard whipping and yelling a Ruhk (giant fucking bird) to send it to hunt after a unit or other Xenos-fauna goodies.

Also... PLASTIC INCUBI

MOLD LINES
But amazing paint job, love the faces.

where? on the hand? yea, i missed those

thanx m8

I like the painting but why are the heads just sitting there? Did they go out and retrieve them as trophies? I feel like that's heresy. If the Ork heads just sort of rolled up that close then your Guardsmen are probably dead (and also don't need the spotter since the Orks are clearly within like 10 feet)

pls explain

Put them in a Warband, I'm pretty sure that makes all units in it scoring.

>I want some crazy fucker on a Skyboard whipping and yelling a Ruhk (giant fucking bird) to send it to hunt after a unit or other Xenos-fauna goodies.

That's what I meant though. Something big but faster than Slow-Ass McCan'tKillShitWithoutAWWP aka 700 points of bullet sponge aka actually better as a Dark Artisan anyway. Also a Ruhk would be pretty cool, would pretend to be Malixian the Mad/10

So I'm reading the Biel-Tan book, and looking very closely at the assault rules, and I'm 99% sure you can use Strength from Death in order to charge again after having just destroyed a unit in the assault phase.

Nothing in the rules impose a cap on the number of charges or combats you can make in a given turn, and the assault rules specify that "at the end of a combat, if a unit's opponents are all either destroyed or Falling Back, or the end of combat Pile In was insufficient so that it is no longer locked in combat, that unit MAY consolidate."

The key part there is that you are considered "unlocked from combat" the moment the combat ends and nobody is in base to base with you. Additionally, the consolidate move is optional, and so doesn't "get in the way" of activating SfD.

In other words, operations go like this:

>Fight combat as normal
>Last enemy model dies in their unit, the unit is now destroyed.
>End of Combat rules trigger, combat is over, you are unlocked and could optionally choose to consolidate.
>Strength from death rules trigger at the same time, and you can choose to immediately make another charge move (which is legal, because you are unlocked) using your SfD activation.

I think there is enough support here that, combined with the fact that sequencing of rules happens in the order chosen by the active player (see the Turn section of the main rules) and that advanced rules override basic rules (see the General Principles section of the main rules), you can make a charge after destroying a unit in assault. Obviously this doesn't work if another unit is still stuck in with you.

Now, I don't know if you get to FIGHT that new combat. You may just get stuck in. It's not clear.

You don't get to fight. It's very clear, since it says combat continues at the current initiative step, which would be after all your guys already swung.

haha, well 99% of a soldiers life is just waiting around. You figure an anti tank gun team would have time to collect their trophies after battle to prove their kills to their friends. the ork heads could be those of infamous battle wagon commanders, orkanaughts, etc

But "initiative steps" aren't something that tick downward simultaneously across all combats on the board at once. They only exist once you have CHOSEN to activate a combat in the fight sub-phase and decided to play out that SPECIFIC fight. Those rules were inserted so that you can't charge into an ongoing combat that has reached I2, and then swing at I5 or whatever.

You know, on second thought, you may be right. But at the very least it does enable you to get stuck into combat with someone else.

how the fuck am i aupposed to deal with melee marines as orks?

World eater marines get 3 attacks even if I get the charge, all before I can swing

There are still some corner cases. Reaver Jetbikes' Cluster Caltrops Hammer of Wrath attacks killing a unit would probably be the most likely.

Says a lot about your viewing history.

Theyre literally calling it Age of the Emperor

Im fucking dying, you cant make this shit up.

How likely is it that they'll do errata/faq for forgeworld eldar in ynnari (shadow spectres etc.)?

Until I see solid evidence, I'm going to assume that it's just a bullshit rumour.

But you just did

Reminder that Ynnead is Malal.

>posted on 212
>a name the Veeky Forums has been calling it since AoS
you are full of shit m80

Some sites like Natfka have posted it as a rumour. But like most rumours, it's probably safe to say it's shit, and that any passing resemblance that it may have to future outcomes is entirely coincidental.

Orks arent a melee army dude

So whats up with cypher, do we know yet?

How are the DA not going apeshit over the ultramarines working with the fallen?

Shoot them, duh

By playing a melee race.

theyre not a shooting army either.

Then wat the fuck kind of army are they?

Reminder that making shootas Assault 3 would break the game and make boyz better than scat bikes

They are a mediocre random shooting list, with some awful melee elements

thats untrue

No idea yet. We'll have to wait until the book or leaks drop.

A fucking meme. Ork players are fat autists who think they're a funny race

i just want to make cool conversions and have fun playing

see

Orks are fun you fat faggot. I bet you don't even paint your 50 dollar plastic toys

This is a serious question, because I'm an oldfag and don't understand shit.

What is the big deal about competitive tournament play? All I seem to see when people refer to it, is a bunch of negative stuff.

The people I play against care more about how cool their army looks, and not how many games it won them. Then again. The youngest person in our gaming group is 33, I think.

Feed them some sacrificial grots and try to cover them in pieplates?

Shooting is probably your best bet atm, orks arent in a great place.

Painting doesn't help me win you fucking dumb ork playing scrub.

Orks not being viable on the table top is a shame.
They are a big part of the heart and soul of 40k.

It helps you win the "Best Painted" award

Post better bait.

Got a game tomorrow, gonna use my 2 new Immolators.
C&C?

Post your kill teams

Steelkrackaz Leftennutz

Fracture of Biel-Tan upload when?

I refuse to believe that, out of the world's entire active 40K fanbase, no one has (a) bought the epub, and (b) decided to chuck it online for us cheap bastards.

>inb4 buy it yourself
>no

mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

Well, that was easy. Cheers, yo.

Certain comp formats basically boil down to who can out cheese everyone else. There are some formats that go out of their way to prevent cheese lists but I'm not sure if they're just the minority or if the people salty over playing against WAAC assholes are very loud. To be fair any competitive environment tends to draw out the worst in some people.

Some people dont have the luxury of an oldschool gaming group and the competitive aspect of the hobby does play into their experience.

Also generally the cheesy armies are that way because they have support, and the ones at the bottom of the barrel have few poorly though out options.

A lot of players are of the mindset that a more balanced rule set will let to a better experience in more casual or narrative play too.

Please post a source for the new White dwarf

games-workshop.com/en-US/White-Dwarf-February-2017-ENG

Just getting into elysians, how's this for a 1000 pt army?
btw I'm going for full cheese, my store is hosting a 1000 pt tournament for waacfags and almost no one brings flyers aside from one cron player who uses a croissant since he still think's it's 6th edition.
The best part is no one is prepped for flyer cheese, and no list tailoring means I should hopefully role. I brought officer of fleet since we have a reserve heavy tau player and I need those vendettas in quick.

/40kg/, convince me Sentinels are anything but useless.

It's been given out via request for the last day or so.

Kys
Inb4 buy it cheap fuck

Im Not going to buy it just post a Mirror already

They aren't Orks

armoured sentinels with a plasma cannon are ok for 50 points
drop sentinels are fucking hilarious if done right, drop some survivable BS4 multi-meltas turn one with combat drop, utilise standard elysian vet squads with infiltrate and tracking beacon and laugh as you have sentinels in the perfect cover taking shots with a multi-melta from turn one, the vet squad with 1 heavy flamer + 3 normal flamers and shotguns screening assault infantry.
Extremely situational, and only viable in a FW army, but can be usable.

>they aren't Orks
Kek, fucking got me

Anything swinging S5 or lower can't hurt them in the assault phase. Can be very usefull for effectively removing such units from play

I've had decent success with them. They are largely ignored both armored and scout. I've had the highest success with plasma armored sentinels and outflanking multilaser scouts. They hold objectives nicely, especially armored ones. You can also tarpit with armored sometimes.

Two things that would really fix them is if they could take a heavy stubbed/storm bolter and if they had 2 attacks in close combat that had some ap.

I'd say give walkers smash but that would render power weapons useless.

I think giving them ap4 in close combat would be reasonable.

Aren't power weapons already useless?

I think all walkers having AP 4 by default would be nice. It effectively means a Dreadnought with autocannons or whatever can slap people around at least as well as a power maul.

They're more durable; agile, and expsensive heavy weapons teams that can outflank or scout and can be deadly in the right situations. A sentinel team can potentially force your opponent to not shoot your Leman Russes or other tanks by swatting a gnat rather than punching a bear.

could I please get some feedback?

>tfw going to get my sisters of battle starting army on Monday

I really like the Angels of Death supplement. I just wish they hadn't gone full retard with the Flame lade Strike Force formation choices. All those skimmers and flyers for the one chapter known not to use them hardly at all. Should have included both the Skyhammer formations instead, and something new like a Whirlwind formation that gives it a creeping fire round.

Those Salamander relics though, God damn.

Flameblade* fucking phoneposting.

Buy it you cheap fuck.

If I decided to go with a squad, what would you recommend, then? Scouts with multilasers, or armored with plasma cannons? What sort should I run with if I'm up against a horde army, what sort if I'm against marines, and what about Eldar or Tau? Is there a sort of sentinel that's sort of a "catch-all"? Scouts with autocannons or something?

Sorry, I don't have much experience with them. I'm only just now getting back into the game, and guard. Never played against them or used them.

Should've gone with flame laid, for all the fire you'll be putting on the field.

I finally took the plunge on starting my own sisters force, though I opted to go for a Sisters of Silence conversion instead because I just really don't want to deal with metal or resin.

As with all things in 40k, Str 7 will take you places you've never seen before. So Scout Sentinels with Autocannons or barebones Multilasers can do some damage by off-setting shitty BS3 and Plasma Cannon Armored Sentinels can tear through heavy infantry, monstrous creatures, and light tanks with ease and may even survive the gets hot roll. I know there is a formation for them that makes you take 3 squads of em for the benefit of allowing them to recieve orders (limited use) and get preferred enemy on a single enemy unit (also limited use)

They have their place. It's mostly relegated to being annoying.

Scouts with multilasers or autos outflanking are the best all rounders. I personally like multilasers more because it saves some points and you have more shots for your bs3. Plus they are weaker so people ignore them more. Plasma armored are good for anti hoard and anti strong unit. Great harassment tool.

As the other user said they are best as an annoyance.

Truth.

Lol kys waac fag

if you want a sentinel that sort of "catch all", a 50 point armoured sentinel with a plasma cannon will always be able to damage/kill something.
As a tau player I can say one thing, armoured sentinel with plasma cannon or multi-melta, though both can get easily removed by tau's numerous shooting, honestly they are an average/sub-par unit in an average codex. Don't ever bring them against tau/eldar/SM unless you run them as drop sentinels. They take too long to get anywhere and they'll die, outflanking scout sentinels don't carry a dangerous enough weapon to be good against them. Otherwise they can be good against everything else, it's just that the armies you want low ap against have the best removal for them. Scout sentinels with (heavy flamers?) can ruin a horde army's day, and so can multi lasers.
Honestly as I mentioned earlier, they do best in an elysian list where you can deep strike them turn one with no scatter into the best cover/terrain and sit there spewing dakka and actually being half of your army, the other half being flyers. To give an example, I had a thousand point game as elysians where I took 2 drop sentinel squads, 3 with heavy bolter and 2 with mm. I took 3 turrets and deep struck the 2 mm sentinels turn one, then took out a hammerhead before my opponent could use it, , his only anti armour now was crisis suits and sky ray, then the 2 valkyrie sky talons removed both pathfinder squads and left him with 4 markerlights. I proceeded to hold the centre by dropping the other sentinels and abusing cover since he had on average 2 markerlights a turn, which only removed cover for one unit, which wasn't enough to save him.

Gonna' look into it some more. Multilaser scouts kinda' sound fun, to be honest. What doesn't sound fun, however, is gluing a bunch of chicken-legs down and getting all that bullshit to sit right and not end up out of place.

As thanks for the advice I gift to you the holiest of the Emperor's chosen.

Every time they release another stormcast unit I think to myself how that mold could have been for a warboss or deffkopta or warbuggy or new boyz or cult troops or aspect warriors or battle sisters

It's probably easiest to pin them in place if you can.

But none of those are Space marines?

Every time they release another Stormcast unit I think to myself how that mold could have been for a new Bretonnian Lord or Tomb King scorpion or new Slaanesh daemons or a 9th edition book that fixed the problems the game had instead of squatting the entire thing and the setting for a skirmish game with a jarring new universe.

That's fucking stupid.

You're stupid.