Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ftWHAJEcGJg
youtube.com/watch?v=dBpk8N5Av5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so the cake is truth?

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded

ALL SINNERS FEAR THE EMPEROR'S WRATH!

what the fuck is that supposed to mean you stupid edgy fuck avitus

It means he's completely broken by all the corruption and fakery in the Blood Ravens.

Actually... if Avitus was the canon traitor, and the final straw for him was being ordered by Kyras to help Eliphas ("And told me to provide information and aid to an ally of his. Named Eliphas."), why do Eliphas and Kyras act as if they've never met each other in Retribution? Hell, Eliphas even thinks he's a loyalist.

>I was born in a small village
>I was a still a child when we were occupied by soldiers...
>IMPERIAL
>SOLDIERS

What did he mean by this?

The traitor was tarkus in my game because I'm a minmaxing powergaming faggot and always used the maximum dakka possible

Tarkus can literally shit out volleys of master crafted grenades in Chaos Rising making him an excellent mob cleaner.

Yeah, but Tarkus, Cyrus, Martellus and Jonah are all alive in Retribution (and Thule shows up in the CSM campaign, not that he can be the traitor anyway), so the only canon candidates are Avitus and Thaddeus, and it's heavily implied that it was the former going by what Tarkus tells Diomedes.

And based on their characters Avitus makes the best traitor. What happened on Kronus affected him incredibly deeply, and I can definitely see him snapping after learning that he effectively slaughtered scores of loyal Guardsmen on the orders of a heretic.

Thaddeus' 'I prayed for help and the Chaos Gods miraculously answered' is very weak in comparison.

You lie!
Only an agent of chaos could withstand such corruption!

Thaddeus is very weak if you take him at his word, although I like the implications that Ulkair was just stealing the credit and suckering him. Naiveté and idealism were always Thaddeus' biggest flaws.

Nah. Avitus is the canon traitor.

Look. Tarkus was on Kronus and is in Retribution.

Cyrus, Martellus and Jonah also appear in Retribution.

Tarkus mentions an old friend that was affected in the Kronus Campaign and he had to later slay him. Avitus is Tarkus's old friend and was with him on Kronus. Avitus was affected by the deaths of his lads when the Blood Ravens stormed Victory Bay. Thus the friend Tarkus slew later was Avitus in Chaos Rising.

Thaddeus and Commander "Hairgel/Vanilla Ice" Aramus were probably sent on a 100 years long penitence crusade...while the latter has his Custodes Armor.

Now that made me thinking, maybe I should ask someone in a drawthread to do Vanilla Ice in actual Custodes Armor.

such a fucking faggot. It's a shame we won't get a sequel so Titus can put a boot up his ass.

I really like to think when he got back to Macragge he got the fucking spanking / banishment he deserved

Oh, I know Avitus was the canon traitor. I was just saying that in the noncanon outcome where Thaddeus is the traitor, his ranting about his motivations mesh well with the fact that he's basically a gullible child by marine standards, and probably got thoroughly scammed by Ulkair.

Yeah. Thaddeus makes for the worst traitor.

>Makes a pact with Ulkair and sells him info
>Justify that he's saving the Chapter this way
>Jonah shots him down with a Plasma Obliterator of a counter-argument that he BELIEVED A DAEMON

Yep, naive beyond comprehension. Hoping that when he and Vanilla Ice come back, he'll be more mature here.

cake is pure truth!!!
ALL HAIL CAKE !!!! LONG LIVE CAKE!!!!!

Hey, be fair to the guy. Tarkus did almost the exact same thing, he just dressed it up better.

Honestly, while I'd be hard pressed to say I actually like Thaddeus as a character, I enjoy the contrast he provides for the group. The biggest problem space marines have as a faction is that they're really goddamn samey and one-dimensional.

Well he's the optimist to Avitus's Nihilist and Cyrus's Cynic.

Tarkus on the other hand is like a super-ego that balances all these things.

And agreed here. Space Marines share too much in terms of mentality depending on the Chapter (aka: Iron Hands being always angry as fuck cyborgs [they got a little better here], Marines Malevolent being massive assholes and Black Templars being Deus Emperor Vult 24H a day).

But then we have writers who subvert or avert the sameness.

IIRC, Tarkus was being directly influenced by his bolter, so he at least had a better excuse.
I liked how when he's the traitor, Cyrus, who had kept calm until that point, goes absolutely apeshit at Tarkus for trying to lecture Thaddeus on tactics.

The thumbnail made it look like Leandros had Hayashida's mohawk. It almost made me like Leandros.

>And agreed here. Space Marines share too much in terms of mentality depending on the Chapter
That is intentional. That whole psycho-indoctrination thing, along with the rigorous, dogmatic, monastically ritualized life.

And the end result is characters that are samey and boring, with all the depth of character of a theme park mascot. Even the Guard, the faction that's supposed to be a faceless mass of redshirts getting slaughtered, has more variety than all the space marine chapters put together.

I mean, I don't actually mind marines when they're used sparingly as the super-soldiers they are. They're kinda like Eversor assassins that you can semi-safely deploy alongside your other troops. A great big group of them, though? Unless you give them "out of character"-characters like Thaddeus they're gonna be boring as sin.

The cast of DoW2 were probably the best range of Space Marines though. They were characters, who were also still fanatical warrior people.

Thule and Angelos are both the heroic leaders who are the archtype for big damn heros who appear on codex covers.

Tarkus is the stern, stoic veteran who is modest but also commands respect for his quiet heroism.
Avitus is the angry son of a bitch who blows things up and says fuck you to his enemies.
Thaddeus is the glory-seeker who does heroic deeds with a thrill, and has a bit of naivete being a newbie.
Cyrus is the old, bitter, jaded guy who's seen it all, and likewise judges.
Jonah is a non-shady Librarian who sounds like Professor Xavier with HE IS IN MY MIIIIIINDDDD.

Though it would be great if even despite the whole thing about them, each Space Marine has a character of their own.

One having smithing for a hobby, the other liking to read books, another learning various melee combat styles, and another being a storyteller.

He probably got chewed out by his seniors and superiors and will be probably be treated like an outcast by his brothers. But actual banishment is unlikely.

i hate jonah for being the nigger insert so fucking much but he does have the best traitor story by far. much better than tarkus whos second place. wish jonah was the real traitor because his was the best but also because it would mean hes dead and i didnt have to see him anymore

his only problem was that he was a little TOO naive. hes still something like 100 years old or some shit and has been through who knows how much memory implant matrix training shit. i think he was recited at the same time as hairgel.

the mystery of why hairgel was promoted so quickly was never revealed

I think Hairgel was a few decades older than him, since Thaddeus was among the youngest sergeants, while vanilla ice was among the youngest FCs/Captains.

GK voice lines are the best.

Second only to Terminators.

>Mfw "*deep and hearty chuckle*... They do not have a prayer."

this

cake is love, kek is life

>STRIKE THEM DOWN WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT!

>i hate jonah for being the nigger insert
Jesus fucking christ, restrain your autism user. The Blood Ravens take recruits from both a desert planet and a jungle planet, if anything it's weird that so many of them are as pale as they are.

Although I'll grant you that his design in 3 is looking pretty dumb.

War is peace!
Ignorance is bliss!

That's again, kind of the point. The stories that focus on Space Marines usually focus on the individuals and how they are not all alike.

Seriously, what are you guys really not getting about it?

thats like saying its weird they dont have any lizards in their ranks because they recruit from desert worlds

40k is the strive for the perfect civilization. therefore no blackies allowed

i dont want identity politics in my games. i also dont understand when ip get injected, im not allowed to complain about it or play the ip card myself.

>just deal with it whitey, blacks cant be racist ;^)

He wants (you)s, user.
You were supposed to say gb2/pol/, whereupon he'd say something along the lines of
>everything I don't like is /pol/
And then derail the thread.

I mean, I'm a /pol/ack, but this guy isn't even subtle about it.

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. Its fucking hilarious watching him crash and burn, but in all seriousness we cant let this man have the nuclear codes

I really liked the GK when all I knew about them was stuff from DoW and like two other snippets.

Found the stormfag

>hes still something like 100 years old or some shit and has been through who knows how much memory implant matrix training shit. i think he was recited at the same time as hairgel.

Jugding by the service studs, Hairgel has more time as a Spece Marice than Thaddeus.

>the mystery of why hairgel was promoted so quickly was never revealed

First, Boreale's fuck up left the Chapter understrenght, so there wasn't many options; and second, it's implied that Kyras wanted Hairgel failing in a mission the leave the Blood Ravens more vulnerable (Nobody paid attention to his promotion until Hairgel proved his worth as a commander a few days before DoW 2)

MSNBC: the roleplaying game.

As a New Yorker, I hate to say we told you so, but we fucking told you so.

Edgy

Nah, worst traitor is Martellus.
Spends forever trying to find out who the traitor is, then "IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! HAHAHAHA!" and doesn't even have a super good set up trap for them.

Nah, I don't consider him being the worst in this category.

I consider him the worst for having THE 3RD MOST RIDICULOUSLY CRAZY BOSS FIGHT IN CHAOS RISING.

3rd to Eliphas and his ALTARS OF FUCK YOU who in turn is 2nd to Ulkair and his NURGLE FLAVORED BULLSHIT.

>Shows up in a fucking Land Raider
>My party includes a Terminator with a thunder hammer and meltabombs, two more with power fists, and a venerable Dread with a multimelta
>Only because I didn't want to waste an hour of my life invisibly kiting him to death with Cyrus
GG NO RE NOOB

i dont think either of those reasons are actually given. his promotion is a big deal and you also find out that the reason he was supposedly promoted, some heroic act about taking out artillery himself or something, is not the real reasons since the "paperwork" for his promotion was already in the works before he did it. it was definitely set up as some mystery but they never did anything with it. maybe they originally thought to make him a cannon traitor or something

sort of the same thing that happened with titus i guess.

its just meme copy pasta calm down faggot

YOUR MUM IS YOUR DAD

>Leandros is treated like an outcast
>Slowly resents his brothers
>Eventually becomes a traitor himself

Like pottery.

It's been shown a few times (including in the game) that chaos's presence can just power through a persons mind and force you crazy. Being a noble hero with a heart of gold doesn't do much when you are hallucinating and most of the thoughts in your head cease to be yours.

Thaddeus could be simillar.

The bigger the numbers the more indistinctive they are.

There are big differences between regiments yes, but within the regiments... not so much. Unless that story is about that regiment. The same thing is with people, its why stereotypes exist.

>Chaos Lord Leandros is the final boss of Space Marine 3
Truly, this is not the best of all possible worlds..

Thaddeus was a good kid.

Thaddeus is very impulsive. When Meridian is under Chaos Attack, he's basically pacing and frantic to be included in the force to fight the traitors.

That's pretty much Chaos Corruption step 1: Get riled up enough to do anything for what you want. Until eventually the means to do the right thing start getting darker.

So if he was despairing on Typhon, fighting the Tyranids and knowing they were doomed--- what's a little cheating for any hope they'd be saved, plus the lives of Angelos and 200+ brothers coming to help?

That really is a small price, if it were true after all. And if he was already going down swinging vs Tyranids, why not?

Then afterwards, when he's freaking out about the decision to treat with a daemon to save his friends, his fucking boss's boss, Kyras shows up and tells Thaddeus it was OK.

>Land Raider
It was a Chaos Predator.

A Chaos Predator he build himself to rape everything that stood in his way.

Leandros did nothing wrong, he had absolutely no reason not to believe Titus was in league with Chaos. Killing another Chaos Lord doesn't mean you are not corrupted by Chaos.

I guess that's why he:
1. Was slaughtering dozens of Chaos Marines and a Plague Champion who were coming to kill him at the relay.
2. Helped tell the team that they could decode the traitor's ID (himself)
3. Showed the team where to get a logic engine to do so.
4. Identified how to unmask the corrupt marines surrounding Diomedes, including pulling up records for Galen and the expedition that damned Kyras.
5. Taking the codes from the ruins of Diomedes's command center, after the FC convinces Diomedes that there's chaos at play in the chapter, and using said codes to decode who the traitor was

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! NOW COME AND SEE THIS SICK PREDATOR I CREATED FOR THE DARK GODS! AHAHA LOYALIST SCUM

Truly, the worst traitor considering he helped you out more than any two other cast members combined..

Well he justified the whole idiocy with Eliphas saving him from the wreck of his Thunderhawk when he crashed on Typhon during the finale of the vanilla DoWII game.

Still a stupid thing to do since he knows what Eliphas is.

I love DoW II, especially the vanilla game, but the boss fights in Chaos Rises are fucking bullshit awful nonsense

What's the matter, user?
Don't like spending literally an hour fighting Ulkair and having to constantly heal up the FC so he doesn't get two shotted?

Fear is Freedom!
Subjugation is Liberation!
Contradiction is Truth!
These are the truths of this galaxy, you heretics in Imperial clothing!

youtube.com/watch?v=ftWHAJEcGJg

No.

No, he was in the wrong, in the first place he should have brought such suspicions to the Chapter and their Chaplains not an inquisitor

Here's how to explain what Leandros did.

Leandros is a Marine with a SO he's suspicious may be supplying information to the enemy.

Rather than voicing his concerns to the chain of command, military intelligence, his bunkmate or his chaplain

He calls the fucking CIA who says "oh yeah we'll take him off your hands heh heh heh..."

and then a government investigation shows up which makes all of your other superiors look like Mongs and doesn't really turn up anything concrete anyway

What do you THINK is gonna happen? Christ, look at what happens to whistleblowers in real life, and those people are IN THE RIGHT with verifiable proof that shady shit was going on. Snowden still has to live an embassy in Russia.

SUBJUGATION IS FREEDO-oh no that's that other thing.

Nevermind.

It means he believes the concept of truth itself to be fallacious. There's no such thing as "truth", there are merely different lies we tell ourselves. It's a very Tzeentch way to look at things.

I still believe Tzeentch was behind everything in DoW2. 'Skulls for Khorne' was a false flag, and Tzeentch knew that the Eldar would kill the Daemon of Nurgle. He peeled off surviving loyalist elments of the thousand sons, destroyed a daemon of his rival Nurgle, pissed on Khorne and thumbed his nose at Slaanesh by helping the Eldar win.

Just. As. Planned.

Tarkus being the traitor was probably the one that stuck the most with me..
youtube.com/watch?v=dBpk8N5Av5k

*bzzz*
Ready to unleash eleven barrels of HELL!
*bzzz*