GW puts you, yes YOU,in charge of making and designing there new war game

GW puts you, yes YOU,in charge of making and designing there new war game
What do you make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uqzfzWOLSEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHFB

Nothing, I'm not gonna be the one you all get to blame for the next shitty thing GW does.

Squats v Dwarves.

A wargame that depicts a Apocalyptic war between Heaven and Hell, biblic Angels included, but also new stuff. Basic units are always souls.Different factions in Heaven and Hell (The chosen souls, The tormented,Demons,Angels)

Fallout 2k

>>What do you make?
A game about hot dogs and flying mustard bottles, obviously

Imperium Minor

The Wizarding College of Huffleheim is an ancient and venerable institution, having stood for over five centuries, come peace or war, rain or shine. Long ages of arcane study have suffused the building with a certain queerness, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the vast network of basements, cellars, closets and storerooms that sprawls beneath the campus. The vermin are bigger down there, smarter and more organised. Tiny kingdoms, empires and republics have formed, ready and willing to wage war on their neighbours.

This is the story of those peoples. This is the story of Imperium Minor.

>A wargame focused on three factions of sapient pests, Ants, Cockroaches and Rats, fighting for control of a wizard college's cellars

I take AOS's ruleset.
I hard-code point costs for each unit.
I make it into a small scale wargame, instead of it being a vague and potentially overbloated mess.
I drop its fluff into the garbage bin, and take it back to WHFB.

Prequel to Age of Sigmar

There is some other factions you can use, such as failed experiments the college threw done there assuming they would starve to death and some predators like cats or birds the college threw done there to kill the rodent problem

Also, for terrain all you need is an ordinary flat table, and some household objects with flat tops, like tissue boxes. The idea being that the models are actually "life-size" (obviously exaggerated for the sake of aesthetics) and are genuinely fighting on a table covered in everyday crap.

Make it a Narrative wargame with an emphasis on serving the emperor and making a profit.

Sounds pretty cool

youtu.be/uqzfzWOLSEA

Factory Forgers

Each player takes control of a custom made factory built from different parts that can be purchased either as a starter pack or as add ons.

Each Factory is enabled a different number points based on what win conditions they have.

Those points can be funneled into a different number of perks, from faster creation of units, to resource generation, to abilities.

Each factory can also make a different number of units that carry different roles. From assault troops to aircraft to mobile fortifications.

The units are created from generated resources that your factories create every turn.

FUND IT!
Maybe also humans/etc that have been shrunk as punishment/a joke/an adventure: but can they go back?
Tiny golems used as drones by wizards?

Honestly, I'd refuse to make anything fantasy-ish, science fiction-ish or based on actual warfare, modern and ancient, will try my hands at more and more snowflaky settings (ranging from steampunk to "so you play warring thoughts in a histrionic's head" through some kind of urban fantasy broken masquerade), end up liking none of them and shitting some half-baked reskin of Risk.

Y'know what? I'm just gonna dump the rest of my brainstorming notes. Enjoy:

Factions:
Ants
Cockroaches
Rats

Ants:
Dynastic empire, styled after the Roman Empire. Fields legions of swordsmen with large shields, who work together as a cohesive unit. Legions are supported by various auxillaries, including Wasp air-cavalry, stealthy Spiders and Spider-cavalry, and Rat and Cockroach mercenaries.

Cockroaches:
Ancient Greek/Renaissance Italy themed. Have been reading books, built their society around classical republicanism, with democratic assemblies and militias of free citizens. Favour pike phalanxes supported by Spider-cavalry. Also have crossbows and siege weapons, having read a lot of books on mathematics and mechanics.

Rats:
Larger, stronger and less numerous than the other factions. Styled after northern European peoples during the Iron Age, Celtic and Germanic influences. Lots of chain mail, axes and hammers - swords are of limited use against insect-people. Composed of many separate tribes, banded together under Familiar Whiskers, a Wizard's familiar who came down from upstairs to unite the Rats and lead them to victory. Whiskers knows a lot about humans, their weaponry, technology and tactics, and has employed this knowledge to give the outnumbered Rats a fighting chance. He is also training Rat wizards, teaching simple tricks like conjuring smoke or compelling humans to do their bidding. Also have stealthy Mice allies.

Cats:
The cats of Huffleheim, ferals and familiars. Not a faction per se, but a type of extremely expensive pseudo-mercenary that all factions can field. Can be fickle and unpredictable, with random elements leading them to wander on and off the field, or attack allied units out of boredom. Cockroaches can field special War Cats, which have a ballista strapped to their backs. War Cats are no more reliable than normal, they just have an extra ranged attack. Many wizards are confused when their familiars return to their rooms with tiny siege weapons strapped to their backs.

>the exterminators
>adventures and beast shrunken down by the more """responsible""" wizards and sent out to go "handel the pest problem"
>exterminators range from shrunken down teleporting tigers and heat seeking owls to shrunken down adventurers with fully enchanted gear
>the familiars
>the familiars range from dolls to imps, they were sent there to observe these "empires" that have sprung up
>soon the headmasters became fascinated by this small world, causing all out war when it gets boring and intervining when it goes too far
>when the headmasters aren't crushing the dreams of students, they are often found playing god in this meaningless world

Rats have two particular spells: Compel Human and Compel Wizard.

Compel Human allows the Rat player who cast the spell to move any single terrain object freely, or even remove it from play entirely. Said player cannot crush enemy units with a moved object, or remove an object that has units on it.

Compel Human can also be used to "pet" any single Cat unit on the field. Allied Cats gain a buff that reduces the chance of negative random actions, while enemy cats are simply distracted and can do nothing for two turns, or until they next take damage.

Compel Wizard forces all players to reset their units to the edge of the board, minus any dead units. Only Cats don't have to be reset, but can be if their player wills it.

The idea behind these spells is that the Rats are compelling humans to do their bidding by placing basic commands in their heads. Compel Human is just charming a passing servant or porter to carry out a simple task, like move an object or pet a cat. Compel Wizard involves giving a wizard upstairs a pressing desire to come down to the basement and get something, causing the vermin to scatter and hide. Then the wizard forgets why they came down there in the first place, and leaves again.

All three factions avoid the attention of the Wizards, for fear that the Wizards might start studying them, or interfering with their wars. The servants are fine, however. They don't care that the vermin are waging war in the College's basement: that's just another day at work for them.

>aaand that's all I've got.

>GW puts you in charge
Buy Mantic Games and Frostgrave

Done.

Team up with Wizards and see if they'll rent out the rights for an MTG Wargame. Make Fungus a major player in hopes that Thallids get new stuff because of it.

Seek out someone competent at managing. He or she must seek out people competent at making wargames.

cute monsters fighting on behalf of children generals

like pokemon but with larger scale battles

Bug World wargame.

Warhammer modern. i' incorperate rip off/insperations from several settings that when combined should hopfully create a true clusterfuck of a battleground.

Primary settings that i would pull ideas from are Real life(A modern day imperium-lite world government)

Cthulhutech (Aliens trying to quarintine the solar system),

The bible/warhammer(A chaos faction and an order faction's in over the immaterial realm has finally boiled over into the materium and worshippers are needing to fual them)

And worm (An eldritch entity is using the earth as a catalyst for conflicts that it to study before it kills everyone)

>sheild to cover chinks in the chitin
Fantastic armor design

Wait, where's the chinese in that picture? That looks like european armaments.

A small scale generic sci-fi space battle game where you can customise your ships all the way to hell.
Also it wouldn't be set in 40k lore.

I'm already making one.
The idea is that it's supposed to be super simple, with really large, toy-like models. The LEGO Duplo of wargames.

I AM INSPIRED.

Way I see it, whatever you play, you should feel the "I have endless supplies" feel, so the gameplay should be built around placing a ridiculous number of units on the battlefield.

But since it'd be impractical to actually have thousands of units on the battlefield, units should also die by the thousands.

Also, since everyone has theoretical endless supplies, the goal of a game shouldn't be to kill all enemies, but to secure the opponent's McGuffin in order to disrupt their sapience, at least temporarily (for instance, the Queen Ant/Cockroach/Rat, or some orb that give them sapience in the first place).

So here's the idea : you start with 5 supply limit, and gain 1 each turn. Each time your turn start, you can pop as many units as you want until you reach your supply limit, each unit consuming 1 to X supply limit.

Each unit has damage, hit points and speed.
The basic ant unit has 1 damage, 1 hit point, cost 1 supply, is 1x1 in size.
The basic cockroach unit has 2 damage, 1 hit point, cost 2 supply, is 1x2 in size.
The basic rat unit has 1 damage, 3 hit points, cost 3 supplies, is 2x2 in size.

>more on that once I've come home

a cool million as a sell the rights to some other neckbeard who actually cares about this hobby.

...I said before that the models in play were meant to be "life-size", though. Like, if the soldiers were actually there, fighting on your table, that's what they'd look like. Basically stripping away the abstraction of "tiny" army men fighting on a "tiny" battlefield, by having the units and their battlefield be actually tiny in-universe, such that they could reasonably fit on a dining room table.

Dunno where you got the "endless supplies" idea from. I was imagining something more like grimdark Borrowers, instead of the Somme in miniature. But hey, if you think you've got a good idea, don't let my grousing stop you.

A mmorpg which is basically dark heresy 1E with elements of slice of life like in sky rim. Everyone starts with a basic character which is build exactly like dark heresy, planet, career and role are chosen granting bonuses. The game itself is ranked so top ranked players play the Planetary governors council. Characters following the mechanicus career path for example will start off as a tech adept with barely any modifications atall, but they can progress up through techpriest to enginseer all the way up to magus. They can also craft weapons and improve various weapon qualities which is handled through trading hubs at the admech temple. The most inimicable world type in 40k is the hive city, with its various strata. Seperated into districts, each acting as its own town some high level areas are off limits to low players. Everyone spawns from a hab block where the in game abode (these are all uniform in appearance but can store items). As you progress up the levels you can get rooms in pricier habs in better disticts. As ive said, becoming a better level grants significant powers, however this level will start to decrease if you fail to play for a long time (like 2 weeks). Your gear and currancy wont, but you will no longer have the higher level abilitie such as crafting exceptional weapons, or accessing exclusive content such as clothes or special edition weapons. Meaning, that the only way to stay at the top is to play at the top.

There is also a battle element going on outside the hive city. There are specific warzones that you can choose to take part in, aswell as "raids" where an enemy detachment is successfull in the battle, they get to raid a small district of the hive city. Meaning nowhere is safe. The gear they collect snd kills they score will result in ingame currency.

Continued.

Warhammer Fantasy but no elves or chaos this time and a bigger focus on esoteric stuff like Tomb Lords

WHFB 6th ed fluff with KoW rules and Perry-priced minis.

because I hate you all:

The Dark Age of Technology. You play humanity at it's most mighty, with all of it's wondrous technologies uncorrupted by time, fighting against itself and it's creations as everything falls into ruin.

BL gets to make a series out of it and Abnett is creative director

A mirror universe of 40k where everyone is trying to make everyone else as happy as possible. Models are taken out when they're incapacitated from being too happy, rather than from being killed.

Everyone would have different methods. The tyranids could be experts in the art of gift-giving, rather than stealing biomass. The Dark Eldar would be the galaxy's best ticklers and cuddlers instead of extreme sadists. The Eldar, instead of being stuck-up and xenophobic, would dispense compliments everywhere they go and make everyone feel special. Orks would use benign slap stick comedy and physical humor to good effect, as well as manifest their hopes for others using their psychogenic fields (that they are still unaware of the existence of). The Imperials would be the galaxy's therapists, always there to understand and give a shoulder to cry on, or even lend a hand to help. While the imperials provide emotional support, the necrons supply their spacefaring friends with practical advice and wondrous technology (which often backfires, strategically, because they then turn around and use that technology to make the necrons themselves too happy!). The Tau help people relax and calm down with serene ambiances and yoga classes. They also have the best slice of life anime.

The chaos gods are inverted, as well. Enrohk is big warp hippie who's all about peace, love and friendship. He solves personal problems and the like. Hseenals represents contentment and willpower. She encourages people to maintain their integrity when life goes downhill. Hctneezt is all about going with the flow and calmness. It's all gonna be alright, don't worry about it. Elgrun is all about hope and inspiration. He is the galaxy's healer and cheerleader combined into one!

That sounds fucking awesome though.

Continued.
The main plotline of the game is that you have been intrusted with a scroll by a dieing inquisitorial acolyte. This will involve going around and tracking down clues and occassionally going on dungeon raids, such as into the ancient hive air conditioning system on the lookout for archeotech circuit panels and ect.

There will be several classes, including scum which can pickpocket other characters and arbites which track them down. There is also a space marine presence on the planet, but again this is only unlocked at very high level and only really applies on the battlefield.

Vehicles are not necessary, but heavy weapons are. Also theres no real shame in releasing special edition weapon packs for expansion packs, just as long as they are tradeable. There are many weapons in inquisitors handbook which are an overlap of two categories filled with something else. These are the sorts of things that should be special editions and career rewards. Also ammunition should be a craftable item taking certain amounts of currancy. If you want to craft a las power pack that is easy, but if you want to craft bolter shells then that requires a large price. This will stop everyone from running around with bolters within the first few weeks.

Going back to classes. Psychers should gain corruption points for failed casting rolls, but also things like divination should be similar to a gabling game where the results could be allot of currency or nothing atall.

Continued 2.

Continued 2.
Assassins can have abilities such as being paid by one play to take out another player. This gets more difficult in the higher districts near the spire as there are more automated defences and doors / lifts to hack.

Servo skills, chiribium and servitors can be attaind which act as turrets and provide different buffs.

Guardsmen are probably the most versitile in the game and can simply earn money by going out into the battle raging below the hive and kill tyranids. However if they die they lose all their gear carried. This applies to everyone. They can also be recruited by a higher level player with more currancy to help him complete missions to maintain his high level score. These include missions out to the battlefield for officer type characters, or traveling from the artisan shop to the trading market for the techpriest, to such things as being a personal bodyguard of the planetary governor so he doest get assassinated by an assassin character, or die in one of the missions he has to complete in a dungeon.

If you get to the end of the story mode / dungeon part, you rout out the herecy in the game and become a full inquisitorial acolyte, which is a status that goes alongside your career.

The balance for this game should be somewhere between The Secret World, and EVEs economy.

FATAL: The Miniatures Game

I'd give you money to found it, if I wasn't a dirty broken peasant. That's gold.

wouldn't cockroaches be Ottoman...
celts as rats... Thig ar latha/póg mo thóin.
rats could turn i to a Pratchettesque rpg though.
liking it
nice
cool
>grimdark Borrowers,
aw hell yes.

Bonus Continued.

Also priests / clerics should do jobs like apply daily blessings for a price, which removes corruption points, which can be gained by failing dungeon quests or doing to many divinations with a psycher. Apply a luck modifier which acts as fait points. Or give a purity seal which is a consumable luck modifier only offered by mid level clerics. They should also get lots of combat stuff.

Also there should be more enemy types than just tyranids. But the worst are chaos cultists. Becoming a chaos cultist is a hidden career path only activated after certain acts have been done. It and grants similar bonuses to clerics blessings but also has much higher levels more quickly available. These higher levels are broken into career paths along each chaos god.

Also each character should have a divination just like in DH1E at chargen. This can also result in a small percentage of mutations which can be rerolled. These provide bonuses, and have no real downsides besides roleplay by other players.

A skirmish game based around hyper-tech combat and no one is human.

Also, unless its obvious enough, the special edition steelbook version of the game should come with a 40k miniture. And not some metal shit that every 10 year old will have, but something plastic that can be modded. Based on some of the character art.

I'd want to create a game about guerilla combat set in teh 40k universe. It'll be more small scale, (i.e control over indvidual soldiers, APC/Taurax only, etc.).

I need toad swordsmen/knights/samurai

user, this is possibly one of the best ideas I have ever seen. Godspeed.

Go hard on republishing Rogue Trader and casting non-lead versions of the old RT minis line as cheaply as possible.

A tyranid economy/social management. Like rollercoaster tycoon + the sims + spore + grotesque space aliens

Weird West small scale skirmish

>different "posses" and "gangs" to build an "outfit" from
>different specialties for each gang, such as sharpshooting, magic, explosive expertise, and animal riding
>scenarios such as robbing banks and trains, rustling cattle, and destroying mines
>one side usually gets better starting position, but must rout the enemy. Other side usually has to escape
>fast paced movement and lethal combat, based on fixing and flanking enemies

I've thought about this off-handedly for a little while now. I haven't actually thought through the crunch, but I might start working on some rules if it seems interesting.

Warhammer 40k 2: Electric Boogaloo

>professor berrut,divination theory specialist: WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKERS ATTACKED THE EASTER PIPELINE?
>professor alec,necromancy specialist:FUCK YOU BERRUT I DO WHAT I FUCKING WANT
>professor fun berries,magical beast education department head: FUCK YOU GUYS IM THROWING THE FIRE BEARS DOWN THERE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

This is the only serious answer that will actually make GW money and grow the hobby. There's no reason why LGS family nights have to be dominated by pokemon and board games

The one problem I'd have with the figures being lifesized is the fact that rats are, on average, pretty big. Plus, I doubt GW would produce large and cheap models

Nothing.I don't want to be the new Matt Ward.

Buyout Corvus Belli, use the 'new game' slot to increase funding for Infinity. also fire the current GW rules writers and give the CB rules team the project to write 8th ed, along with the appropriate funds for any staff they end up needed to handle the extra load. Make sure no other departments fuck with what Infinity is currently doing because it works, and simply use it to add value to others.

Rogue Trader the Videogame? Could be pretty fucking awesome.

Can this setting include commorragh, especially since we actually have cloning tech for a respawn and a reason for pvp?

I get them to publish the historical wargames I already write. All they need to do is paint some miniatures, take some photos, make nice looking books, and market the shit out of them and maybe some playtesting for the most recent ones. It would be nice to have a large company behind me with lots of editors and designers / artists. I'll handle the rules and army lists, they can handle the rest - at least they can't fuck up layout, photos, design and marketing.

Congrats, you get fired for making a shit game that doesn't sell well.

>responding to posts almost ten hours old
Did you get triggered shill?

Whatever you say, bud.

Inquisitors of course. Id want a game of 4 Inquisitors, each with their own mission, and one of them is secretly a heretic. They need to complete their mission and they (including the heretic him/herself) doesnt know who the heretic is until theyre well into the game and experienced enough to exercise their skill and cunning. All of them need to undermine each other because theyre vying for domination of the planet or system they compete in.

Id want players to be able to build a retinue of 5 specialists. Yyou play politics and espionage. There are penalties or consequences for cooperating with others, like making your own politicians and associates wary of your intentons. Come to think of it you cant kill any inquisitors or touch their retinue unless its in the shadow and covered up. As you get better and dominate more of the system, you can start picking apart your opponents, or outwardly win the game by achieving your goal

A wargame with either no factions or at most just two, with a shit-ton of different units but none of them locked behind faction walls.

You could easily have them be mostly field mice and only have the larger rats as heavy units

When I said "life-sized", I meant that the sizes and proportions would be exaggerated one way or the other (because otherwise the ants, cockroaches and other insects would be a pain to assemble, pose and paint), but the idea that your tiny army dudes are close to their real, in-universe size would be maintained as much as possible.

Something based on the war in heaven.

If forgeworld is going to charge thousands of dollars for FUCKHUEG models, lets have them be the actual FUCKHUEG stuff inna lore.

>Imperium Minor
>The Wizarding College of Huffleheim is an ancient and venerable institution, having stood for over five centuries, come peace or war, rain or shine. Long ages of arcane study have suffused the building with a certain queerness, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the vast network of basements, cellars, closets and storerooms that sprawls beneath the campus. The vermin are bigger down there, smarter and more organised. Tiny kingdoms, empires and republics have formed, ready and willing to wage war on their neighbours.
>This is the story of those peoples. This is the story of Imperium Minor.
THIS NEEDS TO BE MADE.

>Buyout Corvus Belli
Uhuh, too bad it's not for sale. Going public is what fucked GW.
>inb4 b-but muh capitalism!