Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your character's origin story?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hTZxEx8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's your character's origin story?
Last noble born son of an ancient house caught between two forces that have been manipulating his family for generations.

Uh...
...I dunno.

Continued. Double kukri TWF warpriest, with a possible Vigilante gestalt. What's some good advice I can take, particularly as it relates to TWF? Merits of Strength vs Dex? Good Archetypes?

Pretty limited 3pp. Definitely no spheres or PoW. Jolly's vigilante stuff I could probably slide, anything I should look at there?

Super mega autist who autisted so hard she figured out how to fight with weaponized autism.

He's a former woodsman from a small village that knocked up a local forest spirit and got shackled with caring for his little Chaneling squirt for the next 16 years!

The call for adventure came when a dragon burned down his village and seemingly kidnapped his daughter.

>Lamashtu

Protean Prowler, maybe. It lets you take abilities from an Unchained Eidolon. I think most people use it for natural attacks, but there's plenty of useful stuff in there that isn't claws and teeth, including some easy energy immunity, fat untyped skill bonuses, and very early Pounce (7th level). You'll be mutating abomination too, which fits the theme. The downside is giving up a lot of vigilante talents and your specialization.

I'm having difficulty finding a pic I used to have on my computer.

It's of an androgynous looking young knight/cleric/paladin wearing medieval styled armor. They have the typical young angelic face with some tears running down it, and the old medieval style halo line around their head. The sun is breaking through the clouds above them and there's the faint impression of wings behind them. Beneath them, there are a series of grizzled soldiers, and the main figure appears to be walking along shields.

Any help would be splendid. It's a rather large picture.

He is the bastard child of a calistrian and a merchant noble. The calistrian dropped him off to the merchant, who made the child be almost a slave, as in not getting any benefits of being his blood. Eventually when he, the character, grew older he went up and yelled his father down and went off to become a respected member of the family. He married, got two children and decided to leave for a while to get away from the tedious mercantile life.

Nice self insert

Anyone know any items or feats to increase reach for AoO and/or increase threatened area size?
Trying to build the ultimate nope-zone Warder. Already got the maneuvers figured out. Reach is 15, sometimes 20 right now, while the nope-zone is 25, sometimes 30 feet.

Tell me about the characters you wrote when you were absolutely plastered, do you still love them? Were they well-written?

What a coincidence, I also made someone autistic!
>Obsessed with killing monsters
>is really good at it
>I mean really fucking good
>strong enough to rip a tower from a castle, and then proceed to crush the castle with it
>strong enough to turn a ship into an airship
>could single-handedly take over a kingdom just by how utterly, physics-defyingly strong he is
>only interested in killing monsters, will only fight humanoids out of necessity

Currently playing in an ultra-lewd drow-focused game set in the Forgotten Realms and using 3.5 and Pathfinder material.

My character is a tiefling and the youngest daughter of her House. She's a Theurge with some modifications to account for certain campaign concepts. She grew up as something of a golden child, facing all kinds of praise but also abuse and torment thanks to her natural gifts.

>She grew up as something of a golden child, facing all kinds of praise but also abuse and torment thanks to her natural gifts.

Okay, I know it's misused a lot, but that sounds mary sue as fuck.

All of the player characters are mary sues (or gary stus for the male characters) to one degree or another so it's not a big deal.

Hey, that's MY character, user! No stealing!

Is yours a Brutal Slayer too?

(Half-Elf Magus)

He's a Half-Elf nobleman of Half-Elf ancestry (third generation on his noble-born mother's side, second on his common-born father's side) from a distinguished Elvish noble house.

He's way down the line of succession, so he has very little chance or hope to inherit the Kingdom. When his mother passes or abdicates, he'll take over her titles and pass them on to his children, or his siblings.

In the meantime, he's happy to learn more magic from his former-King and Great-Grandfather (Full Elf), and wander about doing good deeds in the name of his Kingdom, his family, and for the sake of doing good.

No crazy origin story here, just another young, noble scion acting on his wanderlust.

>Jolly's stuff I could slide

Jolly has a talent to skip the Dex requirements of TWF. Boom, you're in business for Str-Fightan.

>weaponized autism

He was inspired to be a hero when he was but a wee pup, and aspired to be a man that could inspire confidence in humanity. So he trained, and practiced, and learned. Now that he's starting to get a taste of life, he's starting to forget that he's not human.

Does it really matter if he's human, so long as he's a true hero?

I haven't read that one before, Jezz.

>Analwrecked about 2hu hard enough to make edited screencaps

user, I think you have a fucking problem.

All good things come to an end, in time

Save that for when it's needed, bro, or people are just going to ignore it like veilweavers.gif.

Too bad he uses that weaponized autism talking about Pathfinder instead of using it to find a cure for cancer or something.

Sandbox-user here. I'm trying to decide on format for a Pathfinder game of this scale... I'm thinking PbP for the in-town shenanigans, but any out-of-town or between-town adventuring will happen in a roll20?

Etan is NOT a hero!

He was apprenticed to a suave, erudite knight to get him out of town when his teenage hormones were on the rise, and ended up as the kid sidekick to the man's adventures.

But for all the skills he developed, he still considers his origin story to have not started yet, and leaps at any chance to make a good name for himself.

He might be a real hero, but he's not a real human bean.

Yet!

are we seriously going to do this every time

Every. Hecking. Time.

Foxes cannot be heroes.

What a particularly unproductive day

let him pretend

Yo all, updates on SoM; we're hoping to get a full-ish playtest up sooner rather than later, probably in the next 2-4 weeks depending on if we can get everything together. Most of the spheres are around 75-100% finished, the classes are a bit more rough though, and I've been working to make sure there should be a poison sphere at some point which uses its own poison rather than working with currently existing poisons (because they're terrible).

I've been trying to keep up with the docs and previews, and I'm glad to see the rest of the team has been hitting them up too. Happy Valentines day, y'all!

Man, you almost got me. I was about to post it, but then I remembered where I was.
Phew.
Damn, dodged a bullet there. Don't want my shit getting ripped into.

>original character donut steel

See, this kind of comment isn't hurtful because you have absolutely no idea what my post was going to be like.

Tentatively looking forward to it, since I'm pretty much convinced that mos of the actually good parts of it will just be in the Legendary Talents or whatever. Here's hoping it can make it to being a reasonable subsystem!

I can't wait to feel physical pain when I see the Gish stuff!

What's your favourite level range?

1-6

3-11

I love starting at level 9!

it's female guts and griffith her brother.

Dude, have you tried just not talking about it instead of creating this little self-sustaining NaCl reaction?

5-12

Tell me about Ustalav!

I've alluded to my character via shitposting before, but that's not me.

Fucked up.

Alchemist 2, wizard x can have both arcane bonds via tumor familiar?

isnt it just scooby doo transylvania?

Could an alchemist with 3 hands dual wield and use a shield?

Vestigial arm is such a poorly written ability, it's impossible to say without knowing your GM.

Why does it wear the mist?
...Lotta loyalty for a hired necromancer!

I'm very interested in seeing what the playtest is like.

It's unfortunate that my fellow GM does not seem to be warming to the idea of SoM so far, but then he hated Spheres of Power when that first came out and now that's the only magic system we use, so maybe he'll come around.

I'm still pretty darn interested in finally getting a peek at the Dueling and Fencing spheres.

Everything is vampires.
And if it isn't a vampire? It's under control of a vampire.
Or a Werewolf.
Or they could even be a Werewolf Vampire.
Sadly everything isn't spiders.

Dunno. Only played like three sessions ever, and all were different campaigns. But I have to say that the level 5 one was actively engaging because the characters could DO THINGS.

There's a few things to keep in mind about Ustalav.

1. Everyone you meet is probably dominated by a vampire and cannot be trusted. This includes friendly innkeepers, unfriendly sheriffs, other vampires, your party members and you.

2. If you think, "It'll be fine, I just have to hold out til morning", you're gonna have a bad time. Due to cloud cover and fog, conveniently placed mountain ranges, and evil magic, it's never morning in Ustalav.

3. Ustalav runs off of horror movie tropes. If you're a lady, project an aura of quiet strength and make sure you're able to adapt to any situation. If you're a male, chances are you're dead already, but try to attach yourself to the obvious heroine and hope you make it out alive. For either gender, whatever you do, DON'T SLEEP WITH ANYONE. You sound like you might be plucky comic relief, which is good because those characters live longer so there's a stark contrast from all the terror.

4. If a party member suggests splitting up, don't listen to them. They've been dominated by a vampire and can no longer be trusted.

5. Remember that a wooden stake to the heart kills most things, not just vampires, so it's a useful tool.

6. Don't look into mirrors, that's a vampire's favorite time to be behind people.

7. If someone can conclusively prove they aren't a vampire, they're a werewolf and can no longer be trusted.

8. Like stakes to the heart, fire will kill most things. There is no such thing as too much fire. Can't make an omelet without putting a few vampire-infested villages to the torch. If anyone objects to burning down an entire village to kill one suspected vampire, they've been dominated and can no longer be trusted.

5-18.

It took two years.

Basically Überwald from Discworld.

/pfg/ I have a task for you, I wish to Dual wield Dwarven Dorn-durgers. (Chain Flails).

The required feats are Two Weapon Fighting, Chain-Flail Master, and Darting viper.

I know you can pull this off. Good luck

"MA! GO GET THE PRIEST! GRANDAD'S A ZOMBIE! AGAIN!"

1-20 prove me wrong

Single-class, or gestalt?

Lets go single class

How difficult is it for a pure martial to multiclass into a pure caster class and vice versa?
Is it better to just go straight Wizard/Cleric/Sorcerer for every level in most cases?

Fighter 2/Wizard 8/Eldritch Knight = 15 BAB, 9th level spells

Sorry

ighter 2/Wizard 8/Eldritch Knight 10 = 16 BAB, 9th level spells

What about playing through that build from level 3?

Probably Slayer for the class, then--lets you get a reliable weapon damage bonus from Strength going early on, while also getting access to TWF without having to bump up Dex.

Fighter 1 -> Wizard 6 -> Eldritch Knight 10 -> Wizard 8 -> Fighter 2

Let's go human slayer with adoptive parentage, lets you skimp a little on Int and Dex so you get more points into pump up Strength and Constitution.
1 - Power Attack
2 - Slayer Talent (Ranger Combat Style [Two-Weapon Fighting])
4 - Slayer Talent (Rogue Talent [Combat Trick]), Chain-Flail Master
5 - Darting Viper

It's better for you to go full sorcerer 20 or wizard 20 or cleric 20 or Druid 20.

Oh, and let's go Weapon Focus for level 3--since you've got just the one weapon, it works a lot better.

Does a potion or spell of bear strength stack with a mutagen?

Unless otherwise noted, yes. The potion or spell is an enhancement bonus, mutagen is alchemical.

Do tanglefoot bags deny enemy AC?

Awesome

This is really good. Thanks!

Have a durgen for your trouble!

They do not.

They inflict Entangled, which is -4 Dex and -2 to attack rolls. It does not 'Deny Dex to AC'.

Which is a better EL 20 encounter, /pfg/?

>1x CR 19, 1x CR 16, 2x CR 12
>1x CR 18, 1x CR 17, 2x CR 13
>1x CR 18, 3x CR 15
>2x CR 17, 1x CR 16, 1x CR 13
>2X CR 17, 2x CR 15
>4x CR 16

4x16

Damn, would be nice.

She was helping her parents study birds when a bunch of ghosts decided to haunt her for the rest of her life. They can only throw stuff around but it's still pretty annoying.

Then a half-orc taught her how to shoot a bow and arrow!

Too big!
Slim down!
Get ripped!

Atolm, Shush

3 to 15!

Hey, any chance I could get some playtesters/players for my sandbox campaign? I'm reluctant to post the link just yet, I want to see if anyone actually cares first.

I'd be down for it, any kind of houserules/3pp stuff going on fer it?

I normally use every 4 levels as bench marks. Personally I love 8-12.

So what deities give a diplomacy bonus for their deific obedience?

No 3pp quite yet, but I am pondering up some houserules for player-made quests

discord.gg/hTZxEx8

Does any discipline make use of stuff like shoulder slams/riposte/shield slams in order to move around and reposition enemies?

I am looking for swordmanship based stuffed that isn't either "dex faggot" or "barbarian smash".

>15 point buy
>starting level 1
>only core races

Why?

Yeah, that's probably too low, given the lack of player base. Let me fix it up a bit. What do you recommend?

Shield bashes are firmly Iron Tortoise's domain, ripostes are Mithral Current/Scarlet Throne, shoulder slam is kinda Primal Fury, which is charge stuff.

20 and 3, maybe open up the races a little bit but that's probably the least troubling - though expect everyone to go like, human.

Depends on the game. I need more info.

Here is what I recommend:
>25 PB, high enough that it still forces some low numbers, but enough that MAD classes can get by
>Starting at level 3 is what I prefer, it makes for more interesting characters overall
>Pick 5-8 races and build your setting for them, stick to your guns with race restrictions. Kitchen sink race settings are cancer.

Is it just me or is it strange how neither Andoran nor Cheliax seem to give a shit at all about the Aspodell Mountains and the pass, the only thing between them? I mean even they were best friends it would be this hugely important tariffed highway to hell and back.

Pretty standard. Found on the side of the road by a band of mercs. Adopted in because why not, Aasimar are rare and seen as a sign of good fortune. Trained and lived with them for many years. Were contracted with a country during the Containment War. One arm and one leg were amputated due to infection. Got artificial limbs. Pretty common occurrence for those that took part in the war. Later, some members sold out the group for money. Lots died in the ensuing ambush. The group disintegrated. She hunted down the traitors with help from other ex-members. Now she's with the group after being a sellsword for a time.