Controversial things you do as GM

I don't let males play female characters. I also don't allow them to play a race that isn't human, elf, dwarf, half-elf, half-orc, gnome, halfling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BEubdzytwI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't allow roasties at my table. Their constant need for attention and stupidity just ruins the game, and they distract people who actually want to play.

What the fuck is a roastie?

Hello, Reddit.

>I also don't allow them to play a race that isn't human, elf, dwarf, half-elf, half-orc, gnome, halfling.
Wow, look at this shitfaggot, allowing all these degenerate races.

The only race that should be allowed at any table is Halfling, because halflings were the main characters in LoTR and nobody should play anything that's not LoTR-inspired, it's all weabo trash

I've been lead to believe it's an r9k meme referring to women.

I can already tell that you take playing make believe in a basement with your friends way too seriously.

Until recently, I didn't allow rogues nor evil characters, chaotic neutrals that are just CE with a nametag, true neutrals that are just CN that are just CE, spellcasters whose entire spellbook revolves around emulating a rogue...

Eventually I just banned D&D.

Oh yeah, also nonwhites and non-Americans are to be shot on sight.

Topkek

Boy this thread turned to shit fast. Faster than usual.

I mean honestly if a group is there to have fun by taking RP seriously, why not?

It started shit given the stupidity of the OP.

>way too seriously

Don't give a shit about coasters because it's not my table.

Why do crossboarders spouting post-2013 memes think they're some sort of Veeky Forums elite oldfag brigade when someone doesn't know what their shitposts mean?

A friend of mine used to play exclusively female charcaters and was generally terrible at it, so I permanently banned him from doing so. Games are much nicer now without that. While some people can manage it fine, others definitely can't, so I do understand your position, OP.

Also catgirls are banned too. I try not to restrict players from picking a race, but it's a little tricksy when some races are not welcome in other race's settlements. Generally all the players must agree which 'faction' of races to play as.

>I invite other people to my friend's house and tell them they can shit on the floor because it's not my house.

OP deserved it

I simply don't respect wood.

Why shouldn't I? Contrary to what hugbox dwellers here will tell you, there *is* a right and wrong way to play roleplaying games. And forcing your sexually deviant "I wanna be a girl" fetish on your friends who are trying to tell a believable story gets in the way of that. You can have a wank before the session, not spend 200 hours pretending to be a girl so you can get off. Is this the state of the hobby now? Is this what Pathfinder has done to the average TTRPG player? Turned them into thinking that it's perfectly fine to insert this kind of shit into games? There was a time when everyone played their own gender and no one batted an eyelid, dudes wanting to play as girls only started with Pathfinder. Now I'm either /pol/ or some kind of other boogieman of the month for trying to make my games immersive. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm already suspending disbelief at the 90lb scrawny dude being a 25 STR barbarian, or the greasy neckbeard being the fantasy equivalent of James Bond. But no way in hell am I going to sit there and listen to a male voice narrate himself as "she" or try to put on a horrendous girly voice for hundreds of hours. There are trillions of characters for him to play as that are male, if his super original character concept works as a female, it would damn sure work as a male.

The entire reason their community exists is because they need to constantly validate each other that they're great and that everyone else is the problem. Of course they're gonna get smug fast.

>n-no you're not a loser, literally all women are just bitches
>the problem is not you, an individual
>it is half of the world's population
>not you, you're one of the smart ones
>that's why you haven't accomplished anything
>because you're so smart
>don't thrust so hard without warning me, you're making me gag

I guess we're repeating ourselves snidely now, I'll do the same. What is "too serious" for you might be just right for some other group of friends.

Tried reading your post, but it was annoying and boring so I stopped like 2 sentences in.

>Why shouldn't I?
Because taking something way too seriously means that you're ruining the fun.

I railroad like a motherfucker, and even use a DMPC to do it. I flagrantly direct players where they should go and what they should do and they never question it so long as I make them think it was their idea.

You say that like this is some kind of debate we're having.
I've already decided OP is an autistic killjoy.
His friends probably are too, but whatever.
I don't need any help or input from you.

>tfw when I played several female characters in my old group
>tfw when the GM said I did it really well and he never once had an issue with it
>tfw when this apparently triggers you even though you and I are so disconnected I may as well not even exist for all it affects you

>if his super original character concept works as a female, it would damn sure work as a male.
Not necessarily. I've got plenty of trepidations about men playing women but there are concepts that work better with a female character than a male. And I've even known dudes that do a pretty bang-up job playing a female character.

Actually, I guess just one dude who did it well.

So I'm not saying your rule is ENTIRELY unjustified.

>I don't let males play female characters.
Stupid

>I also don't allow them to play a race that isn't human, elf, dwarf, half-elf, half-orc, gnome, halfling.
Reasonable depending on the setting

You sound like a good GM. Any guy that wants to play a girl is almost always doing it as some weird sex thing.

The only female character I ever played was a kissless virgin who had no interest in sex, and remained so the entire campaign.

I don't allow Orange-Fetishists at my table. Take your Shit Waifruit and Shit taste out of my home and away from my luscious Apples.

Players aren't allowed to question white supremacy or Trump's policies. This isn't your hugbox.

Are you making a satire or just false flagging?

Kill yourself. You are wasted genes

No vaping at my table.
Kyle.
You goddamn ingrate shit heap animal.

No vaping or smoking. If you bring alcohol or pot, bring enough for the table, because it's not fucking fun to have one stoned asshat when we're all sober.

It's not like he'll reproduce anyways, and even if he stops consuming resources, you won't see any of them.

I don't allow players at my table, because only fags have friends.

Neither do I own a sword or an armor. Your "argument" is invalid. :^)

If we're lucky, he'll do that thing where your remains get turned into a diamond and he'll wind up an advanced semiconductor in some server somewhere.

So don't rule out the possibility that he'll be useful someday.

What kind of faggot doesn't own at least a sword?

so much this.

You're right. Feels good.

The group is no longer allow to play "Strip D&D."

What about Strip MAID?

No, Carl, seriously, put your shirt back on. Nobody wants to see your greasy chest hair.

He might be useful before that, though. He could sell a kidney, or he could take a bullet for the president, or he could become the vital patient zero of some new disease, or something.

That's fine.

>mfw

No.

>allowing unattractive people into your games
>not stacking your group with roleplay-loving Chippendales dancers and firefighters
Shucky ducky.

Who even knows anymore?
Veeky Forums is like the fucking Alpha Legion at this point.

They're huge faggots and most of them are lower quality posters than actual ledditfags. They're basically on the same level as ye olde /b/ shitposters.

t. Habbo Hotelfag, been here for a decade now

Poe's Law.

sounds like you're either inviting women who aren't RPG enthusiasts or all your male players are thirsty virgins who can't focus on a game when there's the scent of estrogen in a room.

All the the female players I've had in games have been invested in creating meaningful NPC and PC interactions and following/affecting the plot I am developing for the game, more than most male players I've encountered. It helps create a good balance with the murderhobo's of the group and makes me feel like the effort I put into my NPC's and story isn't wasted.

>player narrates themselves in third person
>attempts to put on a voice or accent they obviously can't do
That's the fault of the player being shit at RPing, not the fact that the PC is female.

>People playing characters of different gender started with Pathfinder

smug_anime_girl.jpg

i let my players make any kind of character they want, no matter how dumb, derivtaive, edgy, etc.

I'm personally fine with people vaping or smoking, just don't do it inside and make sure you don't reek too badly of smoke when you come back in.

100% agree with the alcohol and pot rule. Either that, or agree beforehand if it SHOULD be brought or not.

I sincerely can't tell if this is bait or just being a piece of trash that nobody actually likes.

This is the kind of GM created by having to deal with people from /pfg/...And i agree with him completley.

you can't tell? considering you're a smug anime reaction image poster defending playing women in ttrpgs, you should be an expert on being a piece of trash nobody likes

Here's your (You) you want. I sincerely hope it makes you feel better about your sad life so devoid of attention that you have to shit yourself on an anime imageboard to attract a virtual crowd to mock you.

/pfg/ could turn any doe eyed GM into a grognazi like OP

just imagine the things the poor guy has seen to have rules like that, hes had a hard life

Autism's a hell of a drug

I don't mind vaping or weed at all, but if you smoke cigarettes you're doing that shit outside.

Thing about alcohol is only about half the people I know actually drink, and those that do are picky as fuck about what they drink, so even if I brought enough for everyone there's a 80% chance I'm the only one that will drink any of it.

I agree with this. It's reasonable. Especially when you have real females around the table and the dude is just rping what he think is a woman. It gets really weird.

Then I hope you don't have any important female NPCs in your campaigns, OP.

>mad enough to reply
>implying im the pathetic one
top jej, animeposter

What if the female is an old lady?
Speaking of which, has anyone ever played an old woman PC?

>Posts a smug anime character in response
Lmao, you admitted defeat at his hands and walked under the yoke.

to be fair it may have to do with the ind of people he plays with, I know I wouldn't let my players....it's just trouble.

why don't you? harnischfechten is great workout

>implying OP's campaign doesn't solely consist of tall, muscular, bearded men on a quest to discover the purest form of love, whose bonds can only be formed between the manliest of brothers-in-arms.

Utter disdain for plebs. I bet you prefer Bishōnen, ya faggot.

I only have love for crushing my enemies. Have them driven before me and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Same. I played an autisma cleric and the DM adored me for it. But that might've had more to do with my character having a conscience and having consistent beliefs instead of being a chaotic madman like every other PC.

that's funny because everybody does it.

A roastie is a huge whore whose cunt lips are sagging around her knees. They're shallow and fuck around, and their vapid personalities require instant gratification.

After their prime real estate has been used up by Chads, they seek the attention of beta orbiters (in this case Veeky Forums) and fuck the occasional one to maintain their menagerie.

They're usually also feminists, and get mad at women who don't fuck around, calling them oppressed, etc, hence the term.

Basically is smart.

B-but muh kitsune waifu with 14 pages of thinly veiled fetish fuel backstory!

Won't critique the personality description, but holy fuck have you failed to even have a grade-school level grasp of female biology.

Not really surprised about that though desu.

No women players. Period.
No female PCs.
Your character cannot have connections to female NPCs. Having any will automatically invalidate your character's background.
Roll for stats, every time. I'm fucking sick of min maxers.
No non-human races except for dwarves, elves, halfings, and gnomes.
Bringing snacks is required, otherwise you will leave my house.
You cannot be a carbon based life form IRL. I am more sick as these am I am min maxers or closet faggots who play as females.

I was describing the meme. I don't personally have problems with females. I avoid cunts, just like I avoid assholes, and don't waste my time with people I don't like, since life is way too short.

I do this too, not because I am a patient man, but because I actually get a kick out of it.

I swear to God, Veeky Forums has gotten so much worse now that all the closet /pol/sters think they have legitimate defensible viewpoints.

It's not /pol/, it's /r9k/.

You say that as if they aren't the same userbase.

i think its gotten better. i also want to point out that you are not offering an actual argument as to why their views are wrong. your feelings are not good enough.

you should have made a human only setting then.

Elves, Dwarves, Half Elves, Half Orcs, Gnomes and Halflings are only acceptable in settings with races that arent just X-Human to support the cast.

On their own, they are unacceptable and should be replaced by humans only, which in terms means that you the DM dont have an excuse not to come up with interresting cultures for said humans.

He's using a pretty valid tactic.

See, by offering an argument, you let people believe that they have viewpoints worth considering and debating. It validates their worldview, and enforces the belief that even if they aren't correct, they're at least worth responding to.

If you instead respond with disdain and refuse to address their points, they instead regard themselves as an oppressed minority, someone championing a truth others refuse to see. And while that sounds bad, it's what they were doing already, so they remain as worthless and useless as they were anyways.

Basically, you can't shut stupid shitheads up, so the best you can do is focus on making them stagnate in their views so that they die out.

but right wing parties are sweeping the western world..... the no platform strategy is objectively failing.

heres a good video about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=9BEubdzytwI

Me too, but acts have consequences. If it's an investigation game and you're a murderhobo, the session will probably end with the bad guys winning.

They really aren't. Crossboarding is a thing (of course) and /pol/ has a massive userbase so obviously there's /pol/tards in every board, but the United Axis of People You Don't Like doesn't exist outside of your mind.

No Malkavians.

I make nearly everything up as I go along. The only prep I ever do is to stat up some monsters that they will fight if I feel like it that night, take little notes of deeds the PCs do to trick them into thinking they're playing in a gigantic sandbox world when in reality it's just cribbed together full of little scribbles and ideas that pop into my head while I'm at work.

I've been doing this for years now and they are still none the wiser. What is important though is that they are enjoying themselves.

I let my player play any alignment, race, class, or sex they want as long as you build to work together with the party (rouges aren't allowed to steal from members, paladins can't just go lawful stupid and merc players without just cause ect.) and you have fun.

No point buy, always roll for stats/hit points.

All actions have consequences, including character creation. If you roll up a hobgoblin, depending on the cities and setting you may be killed on sight by the local residents.

Players may not roll diplomacy or intimidate (except to force flee) on other players. You "role play" conversation with each other, not "roll play".

Min max if you want, I run a difficult but fair game and the traps/puzzles are just as likely to kill you as the combat.

I like that. I use a module as the bones and bullshit everything else. Very little work involved for me and every experience feels personalized to the players. Every one wins

Good man. I have a similar rule at my table. I find the best way to weed them out is to have them read a rule book in front of you. Sounds simple, but a roastie can't manage to read a rulebook for any amount of time. Seriously, it's almost funny to see women trying to weasel out of learning anything about the game they are trying to play, women's brains aren't just wired for anything but attention whoring.

I fudge dice to quickly kill characters of people who don't roleplay. I also make them look like failures and idiots by fudging their skill checks.

It's horrible to say, but these are true. If people have ulterior motives for turning up to a game then it's always going to cause some trouble. I've had the displeasure of having to deal with one hag after another who were purely there to try and turn the group into their own nerd harem.

Best way to resolve it is to do the same with any other player. Don't give them the slack they expect because X chromosome. Insist that they learn the rules and how to perform and to focus on the game rather than trying to make themselves the focus.

And that's how you end up with good and interested players and weed out the bad ones, regardless of gender.

That's not remotely controversial. Frankly, players tend to forget they're playing the more exotic races anyway - Most players basically play themselves.

If you make them characters that are already fairly close, you don't need to worry about being OOC. Like if someone wants to hit on a girl, it's a little awkward to remind him "Hey, you're a hideous frog-monster, remember? Also, you're a woman!"