Goes to the GW website

>goes to the GW website
>golden terminators now have bolters
>are you even trying

>SM scouts in gold
Not only did they transplant Space Marines in their fantasy setting, they're just porting the entire chapter organization over. Literally copy/pasting the entire thing, not even pretending to invent something new. Instant faction, just add pauldrons.

>Hey space marines are popular in our other game
>Let's put them in this game too
>People will of course buy these two
So instead of having western fantasy turned all the way up we get 40k 2, world of planes boogaloo.

I have yet to play AoS so I can't say anything about the rules, but the lore seems fucking stupid.

>but the lore seems fucking stupid.
the good parts of the lore are the ones people make by themselves

Fantasy died for this.
>inb4 kys fantasy was shit
The problem with AoS isn't that it's different, it's that a fantastic setting was completely destroyed for it. If AoS was a spinoff game, no one would say shit, but the problem is that GW made shitty rules that encouraged giant blobs of infantry and pushed monstrous creatures for every army and then said "Hmm, why is no one buying Fantasy? It must be because the setting is worthless." Instead of fixing their shit with a new edition, they just killed the whole thing. "Shit, my computer has a virus! Better take it out back and put a round of buckshot in it and buy a tablet instead!"

>the lore seems fucking stupid.
It is.

Ultramarines have their own Blood Claws now?
Also, why they looks so fat?

>Boltstorm Pistol
>Bolt Pistol

What if they're trying to make AoS into 40k so they can kill AoS and have all of it's former players play 40k? Imagine the money they'd save if all of their customers bought from the same line.

Exactly. It is all pretty much fan fiction anyways.

Nah more likely they are going the Warmahordes way

Gotta love how these giant, clanking, golden, haloed, plumed megamen who are heralded by crashing thunder and lightning are supposed to be stealthy rangers.

>space marines scouts, on bright blue armour or similar

I think I found out why attrition rates amongst initiates are so high guys

The stealthy ones take cameloline cloaks so they can blend in with their surroundings.

Nah man. These are Boltstorm Pistols. Nothing like Bolt Pistols.

I'm actually really looking forward to these for 40k conversions

Are they even trying?

>New Eldar terrain looks like aquarium fake plants
Nop they are not.

I was thinking the same thing

This is what I was also thinking.

Putting these guys side by side with Inquisitor Greyfax or Celestine, it's getting harder to tell the two settings apart.

IMO, but bodies are little fat for SM.

Initiates are physically the size of a large baseline human, are at the stage of their training where they are learning recon and other "stealthy" skills, wear fatigues made out of thermo-optic camouflage material, and favour sniper rifles. Your point is moot.

These are giants in glittering golden plate armour topped with plumes. In the role of wilderness-savvy, stealthy rangers.

I'd planned on mainly going for the pistols. The bodies themselves are like termite sized, but I felt like the guns could be great as bolters or bolt pistols for the force I'm planning out. Going for a sort of forest/woodland ranger theme, so crossbows fit great

YOU STOLE MY LOST LEGION IDEA

I WILL SMASH YOUR SKULL WITH A BRICK

REEEEEEEE

Don't worry user. I actually wasn't planning on space marines with it. I was going to go for sisters of battle

Props for the cool idea though.

REEEEEE

Best of luck on the hobby project, hope it's fun!

it wasn't a particularly fantastic setting. take your rose tinted glasses off.

The tone was far better than AoS. Dismal High Medieval meets Early Modern versus World of Warcraft.

>put Space Wolf heads on them
>throw on Space Wolf accessories and bits
>convert Bolters and other wepaons into hands
>suddenly have truescale army of Space Wolves

>literal bolt pistols

Why not go with Dream Forge at that point?

I mean you are already kitbashing

Thanks. You too.

I was mainly after the 'guns' from these guys. For bodies, I was planning on sisters of silence for something that looked lightweight and had a cloak as a bonus. The Dream forge stuff is nice from what I've seen, but too bulky for what I'm after.

I find it funny how they're basically Roman Auxiliary yet people still cry

The do have some slimmer models with some fine ASSets

Yeah, but those fit more with a guardswoman look. Maybe if I end up wanting some initiates or the like to run as stormtroopers, but I'm planning on a small force for now anyway

>Provincials wearing furs and rough textiles, useful in engagements in their homeland because they know their home turf, panoply of war equivalent to the lower ranks of the Plebeian class

>THUNDERSTRIKE STORMLORDS WITH STRIKEFLASH THUNDERBOLT WHIRLCASTERS

I run a those as Storm troopers or Acolytes.

i don't remember Roman Auxiliary having bring gold armor that looks like something out of 40K

I forgot to mention, we're supposedly to believe that the FLASHTHUNDER STORMSCOUTS are capable woodsmen, in their gleaming, heavy LIGHTNINGSTRIKE STORMPLATE.

>out of 40k

Nah, none of that cool, dirty, Blanchesque dystopian vibe. No unwieldy wires feeding into archaic technology, no grisly cybernetics, no TUBES.

This shit is straight up World of Warcraft.

It's another people can't accept that 40k is just better thread

>40k is just better
Yeah especially aeronautica.

How mad are you that I am currently making AoS armies to look like warcraft armies?

Oh I'm not mad, that makes perfect sense. I'd even play AoS because I enjoy more streamlined rule sets.

That said I find WoW's aesthetic, which is shared by AoS, to be fucking abysmally retarded. I'm more sad than anything that your idea will work as well as it will.

It was absolutely amazing. Renaissance with Orks, Elves, Dark Elves and Norse? Yes, please.

That nobody played and the setting was stagnant for 25 years.

All jokes aside it is a perfect transition for warcraft to the table top. Considering warcraft ripped off most of their stuff from warhammer to begin with, I don't even need to do heavy conversions.

You know what? Let's play a game. What makes AoS have a WoW Aesthetic?

Bear in mind, the people who level the WoW argument are usually people who didn't start wargames before 2001 anyway.

>That nobody played
All thanks to 8th edition.
>setting was stagnant for 25 years.
>what SoC is
>Considering warcraft ripped off most of their stuff from warhammer to begin with,
Such as..?

You know what?

Fuck you, apologist. It was great. It was possibly the best high fantasy setting out there that stuck with all the tired old tropes but presented them in a way that made them timeless. It was a near flawless mingling of high magic adventure with gritty, dark fantasy horror. It had depth, it had humanity, and it wasn't afraid to stick with the classics and go to actual dark places with them. No matter what you say about player input or giving things time to grow, AoS's setting is absolute shit in comparison.

The only problems I can find in WHFB's lore are a few of the named characters being sort of derp.

>All thanks to 8th edition

Hello there person who got into Warhammer in 2010.

You're wrong, 6th edition was the slow eventual decline after Early 6th edition was the Apex.

it was all down hill from there.

>Lore
>Derp

Go back to /v/ then you 15 year old autist.

>ohnoit'sretarded.jpg

>What makes AoS have a WoW Aesthetic?
Iron Horde factiin, WoD treefolk, Alliance posterboys.
>Bear in mind, the people who level the WoW argument are usually people who didn't start wargames before 2001 anyway.
And you are..?

Ah yes, Storm of Chaos

>Let's put the entire world against Chaos
>One of the oldest books in 6e and supremely underpowered
>Chaos doesn't even get out of Praag realistically.

If you think 'lore' is a bad word on Veeky Forums, it is you that needs to leave.

Yeah, but 8th edition was final nail in the coffin

Just the overall looks of warcraft factions. For example the horde orcs from wc2 are just warhammer orcs with a different colour scheme. The warcraft lore is entirely different from warhammer tho, warcraft orcs are much more cultured than warhammer

>Iron Horde faction

So the Ork inspired Orcs, complete with hand powered power Klaw.

>WoD Treefolk

You mean the 6e Plastic dryad inspired treefolk.

>Alliance poster boys

Alliance ain't based on a neither Einherjar nor Romans.

The term used by people not walking in from 1d4chan is fluff, Fluff and crunch.

Please, the setting was dead after Storm of Chaos.

The simplest way to explain my argument is bid you look at WoW tiered armour sets.

Cartoonish, overdesigned proportions and armors, almost everyone looks like a top-heavy musclularington motherfucker, V A S T pauldrons, random 'particle effect' designs that clutter the models and distract the eye from how poor the overall design is, no sense of weight or grounding in reality, etc etc etc...

Fluff and crunch are warhammer terms. Veeky Forums makes abundant use of the word lore for other games.

>The term used by people not walking in from 1d4chan is fluff, Fluff and crunch.

There are multiple people using lore in this thread.

Plenty of people use the word in Veeky Forums. Plenty of people alternate between different words with the same meaning, because it makes things less monotonous to read.

You need to leave.

Yea I know they have ridiculous shoulders, but that's one piece of gear. Look at the artwork and character models from wc2-3. It's very similar to warhammer. Granted there's only so many ways you can do fantasy settings uniquely. Going for the cartoon look is what gave warcraft it's identity

Yeah.

We're not talking about other games are we? /v/ users use lore constantly because they're used to their pissant stories mattering shit.

Fact is, the Novels of AoS have ironically been ten times better at fleshing out both sigmarines and creating a story than anything in 40k in a long time.

Are you implying I don't considering them all Beardling refugee's from /v/?

Is this what it has come to? you can't stand your feelings being challenged on a new setting so you want the Longbeards to leave?

Oh my bad please allow me to use fluff instead because it will somehow make it easier for you to understand what I'm saying. Make a horde character on the elysium server so I can 1 shot your scrub ass, then I'll table you with my eldar

And it's a distinct identity. Polarizing. You could see that effect in fans when Warhammer adopted that aesthetic identity.

WHFB was never a straight up historical, but it at least showcased an aesthetic more grounded in history, and one that doesn't get a lot of play in the fantasy genre. Who else does the Holy Roman Empire? Feathers and flintlocks and codpieces and landsknechts?

>So the Ork inspired Orcs, complete with hand powered power Klaw.
Sorry, but I never saw Gul'Dan, Blackhand, protodrakes and Gorehowl qmong the orks.
>You mean the 6e Plastic dryad inspired treefolk.
Nah they were much less anthropomorphic.
>Alliance ain't based on a neither Einherjar nor Romans.
So as sigmarines.
Also, in one of the first AoS arts Sigmar wearing literall grand marshal's set from Vanilla.

>Are you implying I don't considering them all Beardling refugee's from /v/?

I'm implying that you're retarded, mate.

The word lore has been used across Veeky Forums since its conception, probably years before you arrived here to play with your Wacraft figures and shit up the place.

You know what people don't generally do on Veeky Forums? Refer to themselves as 'longbeards', because that's cringe-worthy as fuck. We're fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls, whether newfag or oldfag.

Seriously fucking leave you child.

>Plays on Elysium to capture his 2001 era nostalgia
>Plays Eldar in 20k

How utterly predictable, perhaps you have a blink192 shirt and want to talk about Angry marines?

Ah I see.

You're the slavposter! The Sylvaneth are a combination of Elves and the Treekin we saw before, or are you saying GW specifically went to copy ONE mob type in WoD to model the Treemen in 8th edition from.

Glad I can ignore you, because in the first art sigmar is wearing the fucking Armour of the Heldenhammer from Valten.

>Says I am cringey as fuck
>Unironically drops fa/tg/uys

Hello from 1d4chan.

>Novels of AoS have ironically been ten times better at fleshing out both sigmarines and creating a story than anything in 40k in a long time.
Well, nope, even in novels sigmarines are still overpowered ultramarines.
Not to mention that the whole AoS setting feels like sterile compilation of generic multiverse fantasy with huge elements of WoW, but without Warcraft charm (history, characters, stories).

Oh Slavposter.

We all know you haven't read any of them.

You know, As a Sylvaneth player, it makes me laugh how people like you think an Entire Army based on Forest Spirits is ONLY brought about because of ONE Mob in WoW.

Were the Wood Elves copied of Night Elves too?

>everyone that disagrees with me is the same slav
>also fa/tg/uy isn't something said across Veeky Forums regularly

Jesus, AoS players really are thicker than concrete.

Do you even come out of your General for anything but trolling better games and defending your shit sandwich of a system?

>knows what elysium is
>still tries to act like we both aren't turbo nerds arguing over nerd shit
Where did the eldar touch you?

>You're the slavposter!
Nice argument kiddo, perfect way to evade discussion.
>The Sylvaneth are a combination of Elves and the Treekin we saw before,
That's why they doesn't looks like dryads or treekin?
>fucking Armour of the Heldenhammer from Valten.
From retconned SoC, which you hate so much.

Wood Elves and Night Elves don't look remotely similar... and Wood Elves predate Night Elves by around two decades.

Dang nigga you dumb.

Did you actually read my post?

The Sylvaneth are hardly WoD Tree people or even the GW2 Tree people.

They're pretty baller forest spirits with the nicest sort of looking like elves.

I mean AoS has been amazing, people only focus on the Stormcasts Aesthetics and cry about "Muh WoW" When it's been more interesting than WHFB in some areas.

>, it makes me laugh how people like you think an Entire Army based on Forest Spirits is ONLY brought about because of ONE Mob in WoW
So you are just in denial?
It was irony.

I mean, they kind do. Night elves are much bigger and have different coloured skin. Replace hawks and eagles with sabers and bears and you got night elves

And now posts minis of their last infantry release.

Not him but slav warmachine shitposter is known in /WHFB/, /AoS/. and /TW/ in Veeky Forums. He is known for his posting style and bad English. He flip flops from supporting AoS and hating on it whatever gets the job done to stir shit. Now what's your excuse for trying to hide a shitposter?

See picture related.

>be user
>spend all week reading 1d4chan so I can pretend I'm le epic oldfaggot
>see shitpost about Age of Sigmar
>time to test my new powers
>absolutely smashing it
>everyone can only stare slack-jawed at my amazing oldfaggotry
>time to deliver the coup d'grace
>flashbacks to the "fluff" page in 1d4chan
>I know it by heart
>recite all of it under the eyes of god before I #rekt this user so hard he will never recover
>the words flow through me in a monotonous chant
>"Powergamers will ignore fluff to focus on the crunch of target numbers, dice pools and maximum efficiency. Their counterparts, roleplayers, will design characters or units based solely on the background stories behind choices to the point where the actual characters or units are functional"...
>"...will experience an apotheosis, and ascend into crunchhood..."
>I AM BECOME DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS
>"the term is FLUFF not LORE you NEWFAG"
>tell him he's from 1d4chan for good measure
>the onslaught of ungodly power blinds all that witness my might

>but wait a minute
>the page
>open it again
>re-read the first paragraph
>"Fluff (or Lore if you want to be more polite and less demeaning) is gamer slang for the histories and colorful descriptions used for a game or game setting that have no mechanical effect on the game's rules."
>"Fluff (or Lore if you want to be more polite and less demeaning)"
>>"Fluff (or Lore)"
>NO
>IT CANNOT BE

>Were the Wood Elves copied of Night Elves too?

Night Elves
>chunky purple Amazons with ears longer than god's phallus and metal bikinis

Wood Elves
>pale, skinny forest creepers wearing bits of woodland and Celtic-inspired shit

Dude. The only things they have in common are that they live innawoods.

I'm a huge detractor of AoS and Sigmarines make me want to vomit, and they are WoW to ducking hell and back.

That said, Sylvaneth have been the only thing from the model range I've pretty much unanimously liked. Alarielle a shit though, she's fucking terrible "LOL LEAF ANGEL WINGS" is a terrible idea, and her dress clashes so much with the general aesthetic it hurts.

Branchwraithes, Hunters of Kurnoth, etc. are all great, and Drycha, or whoever the elf bitch with the tree-body/mechsuit is baller as fuck.

Utterly BTFO LOL

Yes, yet the Sylvaneth are just copies of WoW mobs.

Especially the Tree Spirits pretending to be Elves because they have their memories.

The Tzneetch shit has been amazing too, and their fluff is great, people just seem to hate AoS for no reason why it's ironically my favorite setting now.

>When it's been more interesting than WHFB in some areas.
Yeah what could be more interesting than generic Ashenvale-realm.

Reminder that GW went full circle and ripped off the ripped off Zerg and that neither Blizzard, nor GW ever had an original though in their existence.

>Spends like 10 mins writing a greentext just to insult someone when their argument is still solid.

Oh Slavposter, everything is WoW to you.

The funny thing he has been calling warhammer stuff wowshit even before AoS came out. Here he is here calling Karl Franz a generic wow paladin.

>implying ashenvale isn't baller as fuck
You probably don't like hyjal either, fag

I'm sorry, but they have a completely different aesthetic.

Please tell me how this...

It's official.
The setting that Warcraft ripped off hand over foot is now being accused of being the rip off.
It's like the 40k threads with Starcraft.
Stop it, you retards, it's bottom barrel bait.

>ripping on ppl for using the word lore
>definition of fluff includes lore as an alternative term
>still thinking he isn't eternally BTFO

>Yes, yet the Sylvaneth are just copies of WoW mobs
How about you post their hunters?
>people just seem to hate AoS for no reason
The reason was already named here :

...is remotely comparable to this.

I'm even using a less cartoony Night Elf image.

This thread is basically Slavposter and a few newfags defending him.

I mean every time I hear the argument AoS was started entirely because of the WoD expansion I know it's Slavposter.

>B-But you're BTFO because I did a greentext

You mean the Kurnoth Hunters, who are literally smaller Treemen?

No, Warcraft ripped off WHFB.

AoS ripped off Warcraft.

The circle is now complete.

And, yes, they are different settings.

My advice. His posting style is distinctive and he never changes it. His arguments are all over the place and contradicting. When you see him in a thread arguing, for example, against AoS just throw screencaps of him supporting AoS. And vice versa.