What fantasy settings have magical robots?

What fantasy settings have magical robots?

All the good ones, duh.

Dragonmech
TES
Eberron
One of the official PF settings, androids from a crashed spaceship

Dungeons and Dragons

TES?

>Dragonmech

Man, that makes me sad. A cool setting laboured with an awful fucking system.

The Elder Scrolls

Androids aren't made of magic though. They're also basically artificial humans, they ain't got any robot parts in them.

Which begs the question, what fantasy settings have actual, honest to god robots? Not golems,not clockwork automatons, but sci-fi sequel toasters.

Elder Scrolls, the Dwemer automations.

>being clockwork suddenly makes a thing not a robot
I don't understand what you mean by robot, since I've seen many a clockwork robot.

>clockwork automatons
How do these not qualify?

If we're still talking fantasy settings, aside from that PF one I'm drawing a blank.

Numidium

Literally every fantasy setting has them. Usually they're not called magical robots, but golems, automatons or something like that. They're still magical robots though.

>Not golems,not clockwork automatons, but sci-fi sequel toasters.

Tons of science fantasy like Star Wars and 40k

Technically are not robots but Avatar/Minor Gods

Warcraft is chock full of them by now.

>not clockwork automatons

Apparently you've missed the day in school but computers are just automatons as well.
Where one uses gears and mechanical motion, these simply use electricity and transistors, circuitry.

Like with scrolls instead of circuitboards? Crystal equations instead of punchcards?

Dragonmech was dope. Well, we had fun despite the system. We were young and pretending to be huge was enough.

Robots with no magical or clockparts are in old dnd. Expedition to Barrier Peaks.

What if your party has a magical romot that changed configuration depending on who mounted it.

Sorry should have specified, I was talking more aesthetic wise basically. Like, sci-fi looking constructs in a fantasy setting.

Does this guy count?

Phyrexians?

Five Star Stories is an obvious candidate then, but you probably already know that one.

Numenera is full of that if you're just going for a pallet swap.

Also, while we're talking about Dragonmech, there's also Dragonstar.

Star Wars is not enough fantasy for you? In that case you got World of Warcraft, some D&D adventures featuring crashed aliens, Might and Magic, Runequest, tons of JRPG stuff etc.

I think user might have been asking more about sci-fi stuff in otherwise---and I hate using this term---"medieval fantasy" settings. Like, Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk or some shit. SW is definitely fantasy but it has space travel, has aliens, droids, spaceships, etc.

I honestly can't think of a good way to incorporate sci-fi tech or ~a e s t h e t i c~ in a fantasy setting without it jumping the shark. Usually it works much better when science and magic are working side by side/are one and the same, or the sci-fi elements are explicit parts of the setting, i.e. Rifts, Titansgrave, Pathfinder's Numeria setting, Numenera (yeah i know magic is tech in that one), etc.

I mean personally I'd be on board immediately if my GM ran Expedition to Barrier Peaks and we just all of a sudden run across a crashed spaceship in a setting that was up until now very Tolkein-esque but I know it don't work for everyone.

Shadowrun. Technomancy counts as magic, even though it doesn't interact with any other magic in the setting.

High level anima human things go very magitek specially Solomon and Imperium which both have super-advanced tek (Imperium's more than solomon, who's dead).

>One of the official PF settings, androids from a crashed spaceship
Point me somewhere for further researching plz

Iron Gods Adventure Path.

Do Phyrexians count as magic robots?

Escaflowne

Thanx pal, now I remember I read about it while back here on tg.

Whitestrake

Dragonstar
which is just Spelljamer but with actual space instead of phlogiston and crystal spheres

>Expedition to Barrier Peaks.
Can I leave this here? It deserves to be read again once in a while.

Dragonstar was awesome.

also Drow SS

They're technically more like cyborg zombies in general.

Exalted has Warstriders

It also has Alchemicals, in their own sectioned off world.

Seconded.
I've always wanted to play/run in a SciFi-filled Fantasy world but I also have no idea how it would work.

>A cool setting laboured with an awful fucking system.
And gradually ruined with each splat an expansion.

The setting is only particularly good in the core rulebook, the more they expanded on it the shittier they made it.

dunbine

Is that a mod?

It's from beta version. Anyway, it's an actual official faction (Heavenly Forge) that was to be in Heroes 3, but was dropped out during developement. The irony is that reason why it was dropped was that people sent hatemail to developers demanding removal of the faction despite the fact that sci-fi has been always part of Might and Magic series.

but was never a part of HoMM

Shame the series is basically dead since Ubisoft can't do games

The Kreegans were always space aliens.

>but was never a part of HoMM
True, but they take place in same setting and I for one would have liked sci-fi faction to spice thing ups. It's not like Heroes factions make much sense anyway and there's already lots of crazy things there.

And yeah, it's really shame Ubisoft basically killed whole series.

I feel like HoMM just can't grab current audiences, even aside from the last few titles not being that great.

Games take too long, so no e-sports value, the async play was clunky, but without it waiting for turns is also pretty long, and there's not enough visual "oomph" to make it a spectacle (a number next to a guy just doesn't seem to cut it nowdays as far as armies go).

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the games, but they can't really compete in the multiplayer games field without massive redesigning. Focusing on single player, like King's Bounty, on the other hand seems to fit the series fine.

HoMM series have one really big problem.

Homm3,
Every homm after 3 was just copying 3 or failing, and it's not even that hard to understand, the game was just too good

I think even HoMM3 wouldn't do that well today (even if HoMM 3 didn't exist already).

HoMM3 is played a lot even today and is still considered pinnacle of the series even by those players who have just recently discovered it.

But you're right that it wouldn't do well enough by today's standards because it is (and always) niche audience game for geeks/nerds and no mainstream developer these days is interested in niche audience games which is the main reason why most modern games suck.

>HoMM3 is played a lot even today and is still considered pinnacle of the series even by those players who have just recently discovered it.

Well, I mean, we could look at the HD remix's sales to see how well it'd do I think. Everybody playing it today probably bought that. Then again, maybe not, with no expansions it's kinda debatable.

Oh god no, why would you buy that? It doesn't even up resolutions or update all the visuals in any meaningful way, and also doesn't come with any of the expansions. As a member of the livelier part of the HoMMIII community I can say for sure almost none of us have any interest in that pile of shit cash in.

>Well, I mean, we could look at the HD remix's sales to see how well it'd do I think. Everybody playing it today probably bought that. Then again, maybe not, with no expansions it's kinda debatable.

It was a rip off. Shitty HD you can have better version of for free with a mod and no expansions=no random maps and no mods.

It was just easier and cheaper to buy HoMM3 with DLCs at GoG.

Was it really that bad? I bought it on the cheap, and the classic graphics mode felt like a pretty convincing argument for doing so.

It doesn't even have a random map generator. Yeah, its that bad. Unstable, some of the campaign maps have some jank spacing changes in them, etc etc. Literally no reason to get it other than to have it show up on your steam account library.

>And gradually ruined with each splat an expansion.

So what happened? I remember reading core, what did the splats do to the setting?

Right, missing map packs and the random map generator, and expansions is terrible, no argument there, I just meant the graphics improvements being wort h it.

I like 5

Ideally all of them. But alas...

Pretty much everybody likes 5

But it's basically HoMM 3 v2

its worth to mention that warforged&bladeforged are playable races in DDO (Dungeon&Dragons Online) cos its based on Eberron setting (including flying, "stempunkish" ships )

I know a guy who prefers 4 to 5 because the tactics movement is more granular.

I found the 3d map in 5 to be in the way a lot, and a lot of 4s innovations were great.

>posting the revisioned art after Nagano went crazy because Gothicmade

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

warrior poet celtic ninja nomad mechs with katanas

So like Cthulhutech then?